FM 21 Takeovers

*boots up 2028 holiday save and looks through at-time Premier Division sides*

ManUtd taken over in December 2024 by consortium (one previously failed in July 2024),
Newcastle taken over in November 2020 (lol) by Consortium,
Norwich taken over in June 2021 by Consortium,
Southampton - taken over in Jan 2022 by Consortium (who previously failed in Aug 2021), and then taken over again in July 2023 by Consortium,
WestBrom - taken over in October 2023 by Consortium (one failed in March 2023),
Arsenal - Chairman replacement in May 2021, and a Consortium takeover in June 2025,
AstonVilla - Tycoon takeover FAILED in Aug 2026 - although a "promotion from within" sees a new chairman appointed in May 2027,
CrystalPalace - Failed Takeover bid in Jan 2023, although he then succeeded in May 2023,

only a handful of clubs haven't had an attempted takeover in that time (Leeds, Fulham, Chelsea Tottenham, ManCity to name a handful)
a similar story in a non-loaded Scotland (a few "consortium" or "promotion from within" takeovers, but no Tycoons)

Edited by samdiatmh

• 4 weeks later...

On my save in 2027 theres a lot of takeovers, most are consortiums, a few have floated clubs onto the stock exchange and lower down the leagues lots of local business men and fan trusts. There have been 3 Tycoon takeovers, 1 at Crewe while in league one in 2022, they got promoted to Championship in 2025, 1 at Sunderland in 2026 while in league 2 and 1 at Dulwich Hamlet in 2024 while in the Conference National. Arsenal and Villa have had failed Tycoon takeovers.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/12/2020 at 10:25, Weed07 said:

On my save in 2027 theres a lot of takeovers, most are consortiums, a few have floated clubs onto the stock exchange and lower down the leagues lots of local business men and fan trusts. There have been 3 Tycoon takeovers, 1 at Crewe while in league one in 2022, they got promoted to Championship in 2025, 1 at Sunderland in 2026 while in league 2 and 1 at Dulwich Hamlet in 2024 while in the Conference National. Arsenal and Villa have had failed Tycoon takeovers.

How are those teams getting on?

Anyone seen any more?

On 10/01/2021 at 16:03, dabest said:

I'm Derby and was taken over by a single person 2 season into my save, then the year after we were taken over again by a South Korean Tycoon. Never happened to be before, very lucky.

Big money to spend? I had a South Korean tycoon in FM20 as Newcastle, really transformed the club. One thing I haven't seen though, in the last few FM's is a Man City style takeover. A midtable club say, getting the biggest budget in the league. I guess it's because of FFP & because it's so rare in real life to begin with.

8 hours ago, toon army 06 said:

Big money to spend? I had a South Korean tycoon in FM20 as Newcastle, really transformed the club. One thing I haven't seen though, in the last few FM's is a Man City style takeover. A midtable club say, getting the biggest budget in the league. I guess it's because of FFP & because it's so rare in real life to begin with.

Yes around 250m and over 1.5m available wages. They also added an objective in the clubs vision to spend the majority of the transfer budget!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2021 at 04:08, dabest said:

Yes around 250m and over 1.5m available wages. They also added an objective in the clubs vision to spend the majority of the transfer budget!

Well jealous! I could do with that :lol:

On 24/01/2021 at 15:42, BuryBlade said:

Is there any easy way to see clubs that have had takeovers or is it just a case of manually going through club by club and viewing the landmarks page? 

I don't think so, but it would be a big help if it was shown on the list of clubs for example.

Edited by toon army 06

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2021 at 09:51, Jamie SW said:

Tycoon takeover failed on my Bolton save, the 4th attempted takeover in 6 months, then that tycoon took over Reading in championship and I got the job there. Pumping money in and boosted up the training and youth facilities big time.

Could you upload the save game for us to try?

I've seen more takeover attempts on this version of FM than any other I can remember. Got taken over by a Russian tycoon (I think he was a tycoon...) that promised mass wealth to my League 1 Oldham team which never arrived. He pumped about £1.5m into the finances (even though we were already about £2.3m in the black) and bugger all to the transfer budget. 

A tight arse about improving facilities, too. 

On 04/02/2021 at 09:51, Jamie SW said:

Tycoon takeover failed on my Bolton save, the 4th attempted takeover in 6 months, then that tycoon took over Reading in championship and I got the job there. Pumping money in and boosted up the training and youth facilities big time.

How much money you getting? Any chance you can upload the save?

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen any Tycoon takeovers yet in FM21.  I'm playing in France in 23/24 where there were always quite a few on other versions.  But nothing so far.  The nearest I saw (so far) was Lille being linked with a Tycoon right at the start of the game.  But nothing came of it.  I've had a look in England and there's nothing going on there either.  Newcastle have been taken over twice within the space of 6 months.  But both times a consortium took control.

1 hour ago, toon army 06 said:

Which years & how wealthy? I'm looking for a Tycoon PL save, I'm at 2027 & yet to see any.

Stoke is year 2022.

Newcastle: second season

West Ham: Second season after relegation.

Edited by CE

3 minutes ago, toon army 06 said:

I think you select choose files from here & go to your games folder & select the save.

Yes - But the files is to big. So is there any other way?

On 09/05/2021 at 15:30, CE said:

Decided to go Newcastle, my English team anyway & I enjoyed a Tycoon save with them last year.

A great job you did last season I see getting 7th, unlikely I'll match that this season but I'll try,

The 4 signings I made with the 5 days that were left in the window, I failed to sign a GK in time.

fm21.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i will try very soon to get a Deportivo La Coruña tycoon in FM21! is anyone interested in a Deportivo tycoon? Maybe after that i will try to get a Valencia tycoon or a Saint-Etienne tycoon in FM21 :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2021 at 20:40, BasOM2000 said:

Hi, i will try very soon to get a Deportivo La Coruña tycoon in FM21! is anyone interested in a Deportivo tycoon? Maybe after that i will try to get a Valencia tycoon or a Saint-Etienne tycoon in FM21 :D

Yes! very interested.

I got a Tycoon takeover at Stoke in my beta save. It was a fun few seasons

Peter Coates always seems to retires at the end of the first season in the game, which always leads to some form of a a takeover (not always a tycoon one, obviously)

Stoke Tycoon.jpg

Stoke Tycoon 1.jpg

Stoke Tycoon 2.jpg

Stoke Tycoon 3.jpg

On 05/06/2021 at 23:21, Bojanbbz94 said:

I got a Tycoon takeover at Stoke in my beta save. It was a fun few seasons

Peter Coates always seems to retires at the end of the first season in the game, which always leads to some form of a a takeover (not always a tycoon one, obviously)

Stoke Tycoon.jpg

Stoke Tycoon 1.jpg

Stoke Tycoon 2.jpg

Stoke Tycoon 3.jpg

Do you still have the save game to upload?

I found tycoon save monza&gijón in the same file.  2 season simulated. I didnt used any database changes.  Monza Serie A, Gijón in the second division. 

Playable leagues 

argentin1,bulgarian1,2,cipriot 1,2, czech 1,2,english 1, french 4,german1,greek2,netherland2,hungary2,italy2,norway2,poland2,portugal2,russian2,spanish3,sweden2,switzerland 2
,turkey2,turkish league 1, start date 2022 june 29,

Playing with latest update and latest fmpro transfers and league update which you can found on fmscout website. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pcr33qky562dg9e/monza+and+gijon.rar/file

• 1 month later...
On 22/06/2021 at 19:10, DarkStarr said:

After a good few attempts I managed to get a Tycoon at Newcastle United. 

The takeover was completed on the 3rd May 2021.  Newcastle are currently 20th in the Premier League with 4 games to go.  A great escape is very possible.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lg609jcisvan662/Newcastle_Tycoon.fm/file

Hows it going?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...