[FM 21] Arsenal - Still Waiting For Arteta's Tiki Taka!

VP.

7 hours ago, Harper said:

Aubameyang balled for me.

I think if he carries on at the same rate for me I will have similar figures, man. He's been unreal for me so far - scored 5 against Man Utd! Started him as a PF/Sup but now he's playing remarkably well as an IF/Sup.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

I think if he carries on at the same rate for me I will have similar figures, man. He's been unreal for me so far - scored 5 against Man Utd! Started him as a PF/Sup but now he's playing remarkably well as an IF/Sup.

24 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

Nketiah is pushing to be my main CF over Lacazette too, he's been so so good. 

I'm playing them exactly like that and they're both assisting each other and playing wonderfully. Nketiah averaging a goal every 42 min. This is the start of the season, 9G/2A in 4 matches for Nketiah (not playing 90 mins) and Auba is 4G/2A in 6 matches.

Season 1 

After a shockingly slow start we somehow managed to scrape the last CL spot by getting a point against Chelsea on the last day of the season. We done much better in the other competitions which concluded as follows;

• Europa League Winners
  • League Cup Winners
  • Community Shield Winners

image.thumb.png.09d9502b3778b5c34eee8234406d98cf.png

Thomas Partley was the only standout performer with both Lacazette and Aubameyang having severely poor seasons.

So far 100% record up to December in season 1. The current match engine looks lovely especially with the variety of goals scored, but it seems to over prioritise pace in attacking areas - I've had pretty easy fixtures to date, apart from a 2-0 win at Man City.

Looking to boost my midfield, and managed to unsettle Rambo at Juve, who I have the option to buy for a mostly deferred £17m in January. Perhaps not the best football decision strategically, but I think I'll do it anyway! For some reason he only wants £100k p/w to come home. Any thoughts?

Might see which other loved gooners might be available for reasonable prices! I can get an aging Cesc for like £500k, but his wages are big, but I might look into sant & le coq and maybe even the ox. Would certainly sort out my homegrown criteria!

1 minute ago, lomekian said:

So far 100% record up to December in season 1. The current match engine looks lovely especially with the variety of goals scored, but it seems to over prioritise pace in attacking areas - I've had pretty easy fixtures to date, apart from a 2-0 win at Man City.

Looking to boost my midfield, and managed to unsettle Rambo at Juve, who I have the option to buy for a mostly deferred £17m in January. Perhaps not the best football decision strategically, but I think I'll do it anyway! For some reason he only wants £100k p/w to come home. Any thoughts?

Might see which other loved gooners might be available for reasonable prices! I can get an aging Cesc for like £500k, but his wages are big, but I might look into sant & le coq and maybe even the ox. Would certainly sort out my homegrown criteria!

Wilshere has smashed it for me as a DLP. Not a single injury in season 1 either!

1 minute ago, lomekian said:

I think signing Rambo back is a great idea, mate. I might do the same.

Every Arsenal save I do I am a sentimental wally in some ways, already got Bergkamp as a coach & Tony Adams as an U18 coach (even though his stats aren't good at all) - bringing Santi back for a season is a good idea too. The Ox is transfer listed on my save, been tempted by that, also. 

32 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

I think signing Rambo back is a great idea, mate. I might do the same.

Every Arsenal save I do I am a sentimental wally in some ways, already got Bergkamp as a coach & Tony Adams as an U18 coach (even though his stats aren't good at all) - bringing Santi back for a season is a good idea too. The Ox is transfer listed on my save, been tempted by that, also. 

Santi didn’t sign for me in January because he didn’t get a work permit! Argh!

20 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

I used to leave it to my Asst Man years ago and then one year I set up 2 games. One I just left to my Asst Man and the I other downloaded someones schedule and as far as I could see, it didn't make one bit of difference. Still had the same injuries, squad were together and fitness levels etc were almost identical. So I may buy '21 and have a go, juries still out but knowing me they will come back with a resounding YES! LOL

Leave it to the assistant manager but always add 2 extra curricular sessions (team bonding and community outreach) per week as they cost minute energy and make the team bond and cohesion improves

make sure there is match preparation and match review after every match and then vary the sessions

the sessions in bold blue work in everything generally but the attacking and defending sessions etc work in the specific skills you select for individual training 

so if u have saka as an inverted winger in his training then the highlighted stats will improve specifically

there are some great YouTube tutorials from foxinthebox who is helpful 

my game is going well, level on points at the top of the league with Liverpool, Utd just behind. Managed to smash Burnley at home 4-0 then beat Southampton away. Lost my last game in the Europa with the kids but finished top of the group, now PSV await. 

also, are Tottenham awful for everyone else? They are like arsenal are in real life, about 16th in my game. Hopefully they get relegated as I would love son and Kane. That would be hillarious 

I guess if you don’t play attacking football with high pressure, I won’t win many games unfortunately (Tottenham in real life don’t work in fm21)

4 minutes ago, bigman said:

Leave it to the assistant manager but always add 2 extra curricular sessions (team bonding and community outreach) per week as they cost minute energy and make the team bond and cohesion improves

make sure there is match preparation and match review after every match and then vary the sessions

the sessions in bold blue work in everything generally but the attacking and defending sessions etc work in the specific skills you select for individual training 

so if u have saka as an inverted winger in his training then the highlighted stats will improve specifically

there are some great YouTube tutorials from foxinthebox who is helpful 

my game is going well, level on points at the top of the league with Liverpool, Utd just behind. Managed to smash Burnley at home 4-0 then beat Southampton away. Lost my last game in the Europa with the kids but finished top of the group, now PSV await. 

also, are Tottenham awful for everyone else? They are like arsenal are in real life, about 16th in my game. Hopefully they get relegated as I would love son and Kane. That would be hillarious 

I guess if you don’t play attacking football with high pressure, I won’t win many games unfortunately (Tottenham in real life don’t work in fm21)

Thanks bigman, will definitely take a look at foxinthebox's vids. I thinks its as Im getting older everything seems like a mountain to climb, well I think the real truth is Im getting lazier LOL.
The WM thread went back to 2009, 11 yrs ago, time flies when you're having fun LOL

4 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Well done, looks amazing. 

Have you said how you're playing?

I laid it out in an Excel depth chart, but here are some screen shots of different combinations I've used for a 4-3-3 and 4-3-3 DM

Spoiler

782742127_ScreenShot2020-12-10at7_54_46AM.thumb.png.ff800a9c1de9d7504b3bef09cf3bf463.png

502296698_ScreenShot2020-12-10at7_52_12AM.thumb.png.2044fda42f6bc364a0a01ae84939a9d3.png

806830494_ScreenShot2020-12-10at7_52_40AM.thumb.png.080d0d3a72c9dc0e4667302334853508.png

289932215_ScreenShot2020-12-10at7_53_40AM.thumb.png.6229c1f4743a90756fdb24dbd14cd5f6.png

459078111_ScreenShot2020-12-10at7_49_27AM.thumb.png.e2687fd8acecd1c160f8fa311c3b863a.png

440781698_ScreenShot2020-12-10at7_49_34AM.thumb.png.966355e8d12415dda1ad24943dc63b0b.png

Edited by Harper

36 minutes ago, Harper said:

What a lovely start to the 2020/21 Campaign

269661848_ScreenShot2020-12-10at10_17_56AM.png.191a80e614391969905ef363ae7e435b.png

End of my third season I had them away/home for the final two league fixtures. This game version does seem to throw up some weird fixtures especially in the first season where you can play some teams twice before you've met another once.

Edited by SortitoutsiVP

Well I started a new game and rushed through the screens to get to the 1st XI vs U23's which we won 6-1, I had screens flying in and a second later they were gone again, I will be starting a proper career when I know what's what. I feel like this is the first time I've ever played FM, this is going to be a big learning curve for me. I've got to start learning what everything does, what the smiley faces mean etc.

40 minutes ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Well I started a new game and rushed through the screens to get to the 1st XI vs U23's which we won 6-1, I had screens flying in and a second later they were gone again, I will be starting a proper career when I know what's what. I feel like this is the first time I've ever played FM, this is going to be a big learning curve for me. I've got to start learning what everything does, what the smiley faces mean etc.

If it helps, they were new to me too! I'm just guessing to be honest as I'm not an instructional manual type of person, but my ignorance has so far worked out rather well! I'm sure others on here can fill you in if you have questions - and of course, should my limited knowledge be useful, Its here!

Just remember that you can pay most of transfers in installments if the selling team needs the cash, and far outstrip your immediate transfer budget.

5 minutes ago, lomekian said:

If it helps, they were new to me too! I'm just guessing to be honest as I'm not an instructional manual type of person, but my ignorance has so far worked out rather well! I'm sure others on here can fill you in if you have questions - and of course, should my limited knowledge be useful, Its here!

Just remember that you can pay most of transfers in installments if the selling team needs the cash, and far outstrip your immediate transfer budget.

Transfer budget, what's that ? LOL Thank you, I am sure I will be on here at some point asking 'obvious' questions. As for transfer's, some of the guys have also asked the board to help, which I did a few times in 2014.

The board are very generous I found. In the beta they bought in camavinga foR me for 76 mill then in my full version game, I asked for aouor and they reluctantly a fee for 43 million which isn’t bad 

hes due to arrive in January if he gets the work permit 

9 minutes ago, bigman said:

The board are very generous I found. In the beta they bought in camavinga foR me for 76 mill then in my full version game, I asked for aouor and they reluctantly a fee for 43 million which isn’t bad 

hes due to arrive in January if he gets the work permit 

I subbed to a guy on YT and I think the board bought Aouor for him as well and he looks to be a great signing

Hi folks!

I'm excited to be back for FM21 and my traditional starting Arsenal save. I've made some solid progress so far, but can't post the specifics until this evening, as I'm not at my FM computer. IR skin addition is a lifesaver for me, as I honestly find the tactical/in-match stuff pretty dull compared to transfers/youth development.

12 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

I subbed to a guy on YT and I think the board bought Aouor for him as well and he looks to be a great signing

That’s a good sign

thinking of playing dual mezzalas and partey as a dm 

Edited by bigman

19 hours ago, Harper said:

Santi didn’t sign for me in January because he didn’t get a work permit! Argh!

First thing I did is download the anti-brexit mod (partly for political reasons - I wonder how long it will be before people realise they were conned to vote for tanking their economy and limiting their way of life just to make a few rich men richer - and that it won't have any impact on immigration either) because I don't believe SI's interpretation is how it will actually work in practice. As it happens, I've subsequently doubled my number of homegrown players and am prioritising youth...

1 hour ago, RogerC said:

I play on a Macbook Pro.

51 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

I play on a MacBook Pro Retina, mate, works like a dream (but canes the battery if not plugged in)

Hi WillyB and Roger, did you download any face, logo packs etc and did you have any problem loading them ?  I have always been on a PC and its my first time on the iMac.

1 hour ago, lomekian said:

First thing I did is download the anti-brexit mod (partly for political reasons - I wonder how long it will be before people realise they were conned to vote for tanking their economy and limiting their way of life just to make a few rich men richer - and that it won't have any impact on immigration either) because I don't believe SI's interpretation is how it will actually work in practice. As it happens, I've subsequently doubled my number of homegrown players and am prioritising youth...

I can remember back in the day making an Arsenal team with nothing but English players. It was ok but it was certainly harder without the top European players.  I found my copy of Inverting The Pyramid and was thinking about the WM tactic again lol

Edited by RossoneriGunner

8 minutes ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Hi WillyB and Roger, did you download any face, logo packs etc and did you have any problem loading them ?  I have always been on a PC and its my first time on the iMac.

Nope, I have everything I can, cutout face megapack (it's like 20GB) and all logos and kits. Did you put them into the graphics folder but they're not loading in the game? You should should 'untick' the using caching to decrease loading time and tick the reload skin when confirming changes in the preferences (interface section).

4 minutes ago, RogerC said:

Nope, I have everything I can, cutout face megapack (it's like 20GB) and all logos and kits. Did you put them into the graphics folder but they're not loading in the game? You should should 'untick' the using caching to decrease loading time and tick the reload skin when confirming changes in the preferences (interface section).

Thanks Roger, I only started FM21 yesterday so I will start looking at packs today and start a career probably tomorrow. Which kit pack did you get? Thanks

10 minutes ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Thanks Roger, I only started FM21 yesterday so I will start looking at packs today and start a career probably tomorrow. Which kit pack did you get? Thanks

This cut out player face pack, I think it is the cleanest looking but it is huge. There's the base pack and then they update periodically with new faces, currently there are 2 updates right now. PACK

I suggest you use the real name fix and some of the logos in the link someone posted earlier. https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2021/essentials

34 minutes ago, RossoneriGunner said:

did you download any face, logo packs etc and did you have any problem loading them ?

Not at all mate, was easy peasy. One thing I would say is the save folder has now moved from Documents to the Library - to access the Library you have press ALT on the Finder.

I'll find a tutorial & DM you :thup:

So, I'm just coming up to December 2020 in my save & I've won every single game apart from a penalty shootout loss to Wolves in the Carling Cup. 

Sounds odd maybe but I kinda hope I don't win the league in my first season, I'm more likely to get bored if that happens. 

41 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

So, I'm just coming up to December 2020 in my save & I've won every single game apart from a penalty shootout loss to Wolves in the Carling Cup. 

Sounds odd maybe but I kinda hope I don't win the league in my first season, I'm more likely to get bored if that happens. 

I just realised this sounds like a humblebrag :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, RogerC said:

This cut out player face pack, I think it is the cleanest looking but it is huge. There's the base pack and then they update periodically with new faces, currently there are 2 updates right now. PACK

I suggest you use the real name fix and some of the logos in the link someone posted earlier. https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2021/essentials

Thanks mate, so far I've downloaded standard logo's pack, real name fix, cutout megapack and I'm now downloading the backgrounds megapack. The backgrounds megapack is 38.55Gb and took me 22mins, thank God for fast broadband.

52 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

Understand where you're coming from, I used to think like that but, thankfully I didn't feel like that after I won it, I just wanted to win it again with every other competition as well. So once I have loaded all the downloaded packs I'll be ready to go.

12 minutes ago, bigman said:

Can anyone recommend a logo pack and a kit pack? I downloaded a logo one which is cool but it is logos created by the author which are different 

I downloaded this megapack.  https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/logos  but haven't loaded it yet.  There are loads of individual kit packs for different leagues but no megapack as of yet