[FM 21] Arsenal - Still Waiting For Arteta's Tiki Taka!

VP.

17 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a D/L to cover for Tierney. Thanks 🍺

Not for an Arsenal save, but I signed Angelino as backup for Atletico Madrid & he was pretty good. 16 appearances, 6 assists and an average rating of 7.18 playing as a WB-Support.

Cost £9.75mil, and was happy enough with his limited game time. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, james_wilko said:

Not for an Arsenal save, but I signed Angelino as backup for Atletico Madrid & he was pretty good. 16 appearances, 6 assists and an average rating of 7.18 playing as a WB-Support.

Cost £9.75mil, and was happy enough with his limited game time. 

Thanks mate, I was looking at Alex Grimaldo from Benfica but, he wants to be a regular starter and I want him as a squad player

With 5 days left on first January TW I decided to let Runarsson go on loan, and guess what happens a day later..

I get a message that “Macey has injured Leno in training” and now both are out injured for the foreseeable future (Leno broke his ankle or something like that so at least 7 months).

I’m now stuck with Hein, Okonkwo and Iliev as my go to guys. 
I’m trying to get Justin Bijlow on a loan to buy deal but Feyenoord are stubborn and wants a rather hefty sum for him.

I’ve set my eyes on Adrian and some Italian guy from Atalanta, but with my 3mil budget it’s really not an option to buy.

Any suggestions on a keeper available on a free/cheap/loan that can deal with a dramatic run in in PL?

40 minutes ago, meuwlenburg said:

With 5 days left on first January TW I decided to let Runarsson go on loan, and guess what happens a day later..

I get a message that “Macey has injured Leno in training” and now both are out injured for the foreseeable future (Leno broke his ankle or something like that so at least 7 months).

I’m now stuck with Hein, Okonkwo and Iliev as my go to guys. 
I’m trying to get Justin Bijlow on a loan to buy deal but Feyenoord are stubborn and wants a rather hefty sum for him.

I’ve set my eyes on Adrian and some Italian guy from Atalanta, but with my 3mil budget it’s really not an option to buy.

Any suggestions on a keeper available on a free/cheap/loan that can deal with a dramatic run in in PL?

I don't know of anyone BUT, take a look at Donnarumma at AC Milan he is out of contract and can be got for free for next season

My Arsenal save got off to a brilliant start at Wembley against Liverpool in the Charity Shield. A 5-3 win on penalties after a 1-1draw.  The referee added 6 mins injury time, where did that come from. We were 8 seconds from winning 1-0 when Origi broke away and equalised......ARRRRRRRRGH BUT, ironically Leno saved Origi's penalty, a very sweet moment indeed.

Edited by RossoneriGunner

2 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

I don't know of anyone BUT, take a look at Donnarumma at AC Milan he is out of contract and can be got for free for next season

Yeah I know.. But I kinda need someone yesterday 😬 But maybe this is a great test for Hein to take hos chance

Right, confirmation of my second season teansfers

shifted skid of youth who won’t make it out on frees and cheap deals

holding to wolves 15 mill

guendouzi to Berlin 18 mill

torreira to shakthar 23.5 mill

el neney to sociadad 10 mill

laca to Valencia 15 mill

in coming Felipe Cruz a rb who can play the whole way up the right for FREE (from benfica, huge potential and played amazing in my 3-2 away win at city) 

tonali from

brescia 20 mill

upamecano 60 mill

lewis cook 44 mill rising to 54 eventually

so my depth is strong 

previously in the first season is sold

sokratis 1 mill to china

Kola 12 mill to brighton

Cedric 10 mill to cska 

xhaka 20 mill to leicester

chsmbers 17 mill to Everton 

aouar came in for 42.5 (sorted by edu)

anel Ahmedozic cost 3 mill rising to 5.5 (amazing cb talent)

mattei ruggeri 4 mill rising to 12.5 as a lb understudy

martinez from inter 50 mill rising to 75

camavinga 50 mill rising to 65

maarten vandevoort 10 mill rising to 20

so I have spent a massive amount and recouped a lot 284 spent 143 in 

so my squad is

leno, maarten, runarsson

tierney, ruggeri

bellerin, cruz, niles

gabriel, upamecano, saliba, Mari, anel

camavinga, tonali, cook, willock, partey 

aouar, martinelli, smith Rowe, Pepe, Nelson, saka, willian

auba, Martinez, nketiah 

ideally I can offload Willian, Mari and one of my wingers 

I have played 3 competitive matches, beat Liverpool 1-0 in the charity shield, smashed villa 4-1 at home and then beat city 3-2 away

hopefully i can make a dent in Europe. I play a 433 with an added offside trap and much higher line 

seems to work great 

1 hour ago, bigman said:

Right, confirmation of my second season teansfers

shifted skid of youth who won’t make it out on frees and cheap deals

holding to wolves 15 mill

guendouzi to Berlin 18 mill

torreira to shakthar 23.5 mill

el neney to sociadad 10 mill

laca to Valencia 15 mill

in coming Felipe Cruz a rb who can play the whole way up the right for FREE (from benfica, huge potential and played amazing in my 3-2 away win at city) 

tonali from

brescia 20 mill

upamecano 60 mill

lewis cook 44 mill rising to 54 eventually

so my depth is strong 

previously in the first season is sold

sokratis 1 mill to china

Kola 12 mill to brighton

Cedric 10 mill to cska 

xhaka 20 mill to leicester

chsmbers 17 mill to Everton 

aouar came in for 42.5 (sorted by edu)

anel Ahmedozic cost 3 mill rising to 5.5 (amazing cb talent)

mattei ruggeri 4 mill rising to 12.5 as a lb understudy

martinez from inter 50 mill rising to 75

camavinga 50 mill rising to 65

maarten vandevoort 10 mill rising to 20

so I have spent a massive amount and recouped a lot 284 spent 143 in 

so my squad is

leno, maarten, runarsson

tierney, ruggeri

bellerin, cruz, niles

gabriel, upamecano, saliba, Mari, anel

camavinga, tonali, cook, willock, partey 

aouar, martinelli, smith Rowe, Pepe, Nelson, saka, willian

auba, Martinez, nketiah 

ideally I can offload Willian, Mari and one of my wingers 

I have played 3 competitive matches, beat Liverpool 1-0 in the charity shield, smashed villa 4-1 at home and then beat city 3-2 away

hopefully i can make a dent in Europe. I play a 433 with an added offside trap and much higher line 

seems to work great 

I offered David Luiz to clubs, next thing he's ripping my door off its hinges, spitting fire and brimstone and saying if I wanted to get rid of him then why not say it to his face. He got the right raving hump 😂

15 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

Thanks mate, I was looking at Alex Grimaldo from Benfica but, he wants to be a regular starter and I want him as a squad player

Greg Taylor, Celtic is the common refrain from earlier in the thread. Two Celtic lads rotating and replacing each other. Tierney as a FB(A/S), Taylor as FB(S/D) depending on the situation and fitness levels.

8 hours ago, Harper said:

Greg Taylor, Celtic is the common refrain from earlier in the thread. Two Celtic lads rotating and replacing each other. Tierney as a FB(A/S), Taylor as FB(S/D) depending on the situation and fitness levels.

I did look at Taylor, but his stats didn't convince me. Will have another look. Thanks

9 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

I offered David Luiz to clubs, next thing he's ripping my door off its hinges, spitting fire and brimstone and saying if I wanted to get rid of him then why not say it to his face. He got the right raving hump 😂

I literally played him most games with Gabriel as a bpd and he did well

he left for free at the end of the year with no hassle

10 hours ago, krisdonna said:

How many players do you all sell in season one? 

I have tried a test save and tbh you can sell pretty well with the gunners.

I turned off the first window so I’m not sure but it was easy for me to sell a load of players at the end of the first season and loan out with fees people like mustafi and sokratis 

By the way, Felipe Cruz is amazing and free at the end of the first season

18 years old currently 2 stars but rising to 4 star potential 

he’s played well in big games already for me and is a cheap superior heir to hector (no idea what his pa is)

1 hour ago, RossoneriGunner said:

I did look at Taylor, but his stats didn't convince me. Will have another look. Thanks

josh tymon from stoke. perfect LB cover. good stats, decent enough PA and counts as HG

3 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

I signed Taylor, he was a decent back up initially but second season I've loaned him to QPR my feeder club. Got Mykola Matviyenko from Shakhtar instead as he can play CB, too. 

17 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

I second this, he was my usual go-to backup LB for Arsenal. 

I took a look at this guy, but haven't done anything about him yet. Like everyone else you only have Kolasinac and Saka, but I use Saka as a AM/L along with Aubameyang

On 01/01/2021 at 08:46, RossoneriGunner said:

I've seen him play there in someone's YT vids and he was disastrous BUT, they played him in a 433 between the 2 mids and defence as a DLP/Sup and he was brilliant.  This how I intend to play him when he arrives.

Was he disastrous or were his match ratings low because of the match rating bug?

2 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

I would say he was disastrous, because when they played him in a different position his rating went up.

If I understand it correctly, the rating back most harshly impacts defensive players by not correctly recording defensive contributions like interceptions and aerial duels that would positively influence the match rating calculation. Ergo, moving Rice to midfield where he would be potentially having more offensive impact with his positioning and passing, would lead to a higher match rating.

2022/2023 SEASON REVIEW:

Nearly a dream season, but heartbreak at the very end.

COMPETITIONS:

8f4b9c472c.png

Premier League:

6c3e78f2db.png

An unbeaten season, where we completely walked it without being threatened. 100 goals for and 16 goals against is absurd. Fantastic performances all season, ending with 100 points and winning the league by 16 points.

FA CUP:

5b39954693.png

Villa and Leeds made us fight for it at Wembley, but not really any difficulty outside that.

CARABAO CUP:

31f8bb28f9.png

Did very well and were never troubled.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:

b77ae293f0.png

This was where the heartbreak happened. We rolled through the knockouts up until the final, and then were completely outclassed by Real Madrid where nobody on the team performed well. I blame injuries to Camavinga and Leno. Musa Barrow was also injured mid-match, but we were already down 2.

MATCHES:

ffcb75584b.png

0f78abb965.png

It's just really, really disappointing to see that red circle after all the yellow and green.

INDIVIDUAL ACCOLADES:

As you can imagine after an unbeaten season, we had some awards.

a5c6c13a62.png

cef1b15c6e.png

509647a693.png

9f67518c52.png

And even one award for someone who was out on loan:

b59c5ebfa8.png

I just wish we could have finally claimed that Champions League. Sigh.

----------

INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

No full squad review this season because everyone was great. Just wanted to point out a few players of note, including the new signings.

NEW SIGNINGS:

Musa Barrow was the star man after his 20M move from Bologna. 35 goals and 11 assists in his first season, 26 and 8 in the League is an unbelievable return for that price. He's the starter, took over for Auba at AML immediately, and will continue to hold that position due to Auba leaving on a free as I'm not paying him what he wants.

Yusuf Demir was also incredible. 8 goals and 21 assists, 3 and 12 in the League. Uncountably many key passes to start a break or make a chance, even if they weren't immediate assists.

Tariq Lamptey was a very good backup for both DL and DR with all the injuries I was having. Only 5 direct assists and no goals, but a ton of dangerous runs down the flanks.

Abdoulaye Toure was serviceable on loan as Camavinga's backup with 3 goals and 3 assists, but didn't perform well enough to earn that future fee and a permanent move.

OTHERS:

Eddie Nketiah and Alexandre Lacazette have been fighting for the starting striker spot all season. With a combined 43 goals and 20 assists between them, it was obviously a fight that brought out the best in both of them.

Nicolas Pepe continues to hold down the AMR position. 25 goals and 10 assists(although only 11 and 2 in the League)

I can't point to any particular defenders because they were all great!

Also great, Bernd Leno and David Raya. Leno got injured during the run-in of the season and Raya and to play the semis and final of the CL, as well as the final 6 League matches. I was surprisingly comfortable with either of them starting. Leno is still #1, but I don't feel anymore like it's a disaster if he's injured. Of course, if someone comes in for Raya for a good price, I'll still let him go. He is still the backup.

I have 7 U18s scheduled to come in over the next 18 months to hopefully develop more, including this GEM from Brazil that I bought for 150k. I might have a problem. But a good problem to have. Not really sure where to go from here in the save, tbh, besides the Champions League. Once I win that, we'll see what my plans become.

Edited by hasdgfas

8 hours ago, Harper said:

If I understand it correctly, the rating back most harshly impacts defensive players by not correctly recording defensive contributions like interceptions and aerial duels that would positively influence the match rating calculation. Ergo, moving Rice to midfield where he would be potentially having more offensive impact with his positioning and passing, would lead to a higher match rating.

I understand where you're coming from and that is probably the reason for his better ratings.

11 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

2022/2023 SEASON REVIEW:

COMPETITIONS:

8f4b9c472c.png

Premier League:

6c3e78f2db.png

An unbeaten season, where we completely walked it without being threatened. 100 goals for and 16 goals against is absurd. Fantastic performances all season, ending with 100 points and winning the league by 16 points.

FA CUP:

5b39954693.png

Villa and Leeds made us fight for it at Wembley, but not really any difficulty outside that.

CARABAO CUP:

31f8bb28f9.png

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:

b77ae293f0.png

This was where the heartbreak happened. We rolled through the knockouts up until the final, and then were completely outclassed by Real Madrid where nobody on the team performed well. I blame injuries to Camavinga and Leno. Musa Barrow was also injured mid-match, but we were already down 2.

MATCHES:

ffcb75584b.png

0f78abb965.png

It's just really, really disappointing to see that red circle after all the yellow and green.

INDIVIDUAL ACCOLADES:

a5c6c13a62.png

cef1b15c6e.png

509647a693.png

9f67518c52.png

b59c5ebfa8.png

----------

No full squad review this season because everyone was great. Just wanted to point out a few players of note, including the new signings.

NEW SIGNINGS:

Musa Barrow was the star man after his 20M move from Bologna. 35 goals and 11 assists in his first season, 26 and 8 in the League is an unbelievable return for that price. He's the starter, took over for Auba at AML immediately, and will continue to hold that position due to Auba leaving on a free as I'm not paying him what he wants.

Yusuf Demir was also incredible. 8 goals and 21 assists, 3 and 12 in the League. Uncountably many key passes to start a break or make a chance, even if they weren't immediate assists.

Tariq Lamptey was a very good backup for both DL and DR with all the injuries I was having. Only 5 direct assists and no goals, but a ton of dangerous runs down the flanks.

Abdoulaye Toure was serviceable on loan as Camavinga's backup with 3 goals and 3 assists, but didn't perform well enough to earn that future fee and a permanent move.

OTHERS:

Eddie Nketiah and Alexandre Lacazette have been fighting for the starting striker spot all season. With a combined 43 goals and 20 assists between them, it was obviously a fight that brought out the best in both of them.

Nicolas Pepe continues to hold down the AMR position. 25 goals and 10 assists(although only 11 and 2 in the League)

Also great, Bernd Leno and David Raya. Leno got injured during the run-in of the season and Raya and to play the semis and final of the CL, as well as the final 6 League matches. I was surprisingly comfortable with either of them starting. Leno is still #1, but I don't feel anymore like it's a disaster if he's injured. Of course, if someone comes in for Raya for a good price, I'll still let him go. He is still the backup.

I have 7 U18s scheduled to come in over the next 18 months to hopefully develop more, including this GEM from Brazil that I bought for 150k. I might have a problem. But a good problem to have. Not really sure where to go from here in the save, tbh, besides the Champions League. Once I win that, we'll see what my plans become.

That's a stonking season - well done.

Have you shared your system on here before? If so...I'd be interested!

I'm coming towards Christmas on season 2 and averaging circa 64% possession and sitting top 

12 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

2022/2023 SEASON REVIEW:

COMPETITIONS:

8f4b9c472c.png

Premier League:

6c3e78f2db.png

FA CUP:

5b39954693.png

CARABAO CUP:

31f8bb28f9.png

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:

b77ae293f0.png

MATCHES:

ffcb75584b.png

0f78abb965.png

INDIVIDUAL ACCOLADES:

a5c6c13a62.png

cef1b15c6e.png

509647a693.png

9f67518c52.png

b59c5ebfa8.png

----------

NEW SIGNINGS:

OTHERS:

12 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

2022/2023 SEASON REVIEW:

COMPETITIONS:

8f4b9c472c.png

Premier League:

6c3e78f2db.png

FA CUP:

5b39954693.png

CARABAO CUP:

31f8bb28f9.png

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:

b77ae293f0.png

MATCHES:

ffcb75584b.png

0f78abb965.png

INDIVIDUAL ACCOLADES:

a5c6c13a62.png

cef1b15c6e.png

509647a693.png

9f67518c52.png

b59c5ebfa8.png

----------

NEW SIGNINGS:

OTHERS:

That is a season I can only 'DREAM' about at the moment. Are you playing 433 or 4231?

1 minute ago, RossoneriGunner said:

That is a season I can only 'DREAM' about at the moment. Are you playing 433 or 4231?

I'm playing 4231, but the 2 are DMs not MCs, with a BWM and a Segundo Volante.

30 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

I'm coming towards Christmas on season 2 and averaging circa 64% possession and sitting top 

I can post the tactic tonight US time, so about 8 hours. I've talked about it before a little bit, but don't think I've shared the specifics.

1 minute ago, hasdgfas said:

I'm playing 4231, but the 2 are DMs not MCs, with a BWM and a Segundo Volante.

I can post the tactic tonight US time, so about 8 hours. I've talked about it before a little bit, but don't think I've shared the specifics.

Thank you. I'm playing 4231 with the usual MC's one is DLP and the other one a Mez. Would be interesting to see your tactic and compare them. Thanks

1 hour ago, BrickCommo23 said:

64%! Wow, that's great - what are you using for that? I saw your tactical idea in the total football thread (the 4-1-2-2-1), is that what you ended up going with?

I promised to post this when I got the opportunity, so here it is, along with my starting XI:

ccce22eb5a.png

9a3defd828.png

5238c646f8.png

b65b7b565b.png

I'll tweak attacking width on occasion, but even "fairly narrow" goes wide. It's just also not afraid to go narrow, which is good when I have Camavinga bursting forward from deep.

2 minutes ago, hasdgfas said:

I promised to post this when I got the opportunity, so here it is, along with my starting XI:

ccce22eb5a.png

9a3defd828.png

5238c646f8.png

b65b7b565b.png

I'll tweak attacking width on occasion, but even "fairly narrow" goes wide. It's just also not afraid to go narrow, which is good when I have Camavinga bursting forward from deep.

Thank you so much for sharing. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I won't use it on my main save, I'll start a test save.

Just now, RossoneriGunner said:

Thank you so much for sharing. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I won't use it on my main save, I'll start a test save.

It didn't really start clicking until I brought in Camavinga. That's a key role, really needs a player who can attack, defend, and has high stamina and work rate for all the running they do.

4 minutes ago, hasdgfas said:

It didn't really start clicking until I brought in Camavinga. That's a key role, really needs a player who can attack, defend, and has high stamina and work rate for all the running they do.

So someone who is a BBM would probably be OK. Did you change any of the player roles or did you leave them as they came?

1 minute ago, RossoneriGunner said:

One last question, was the original tactic taken from the 4-2-3-1 DM AM WIDE from the tactic dropdown

I genuinely don't remember. I was doing a lot of tweaking from a lot of sources. I think so?

7 hours ago, Sean3h said:

64%! Wow, that's great - what are you using for that? I saw your tactical idea in the total football thread (the 4-1-2-2-1), is that what you ended up going with?

This is a bit of an extreme but yeah, getting results like this. System included...

20210106202707_1.thumb.jpg.57e0bfeec279ffa03b9c36511d5169ab.jpg

1 hour ago, RossoneriGunner said:

So someone who is a BBM would probably be OK. Did you change any of the player roles or did you leave them as they came?

mentioning something on this again. Keep an eye on season 1 West Ham, because Declan Rice is someone I would love for this role too if West Ham goes down and he's cheaper. Used him in the same role in a different club in FM20 and he excelled.

8 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

mentioning something on this again. Keep an eye on season 1 West Ham, because Declan Rice is someone I would love for this role too if West Ham goes down and he's cheaper. Used him in the same role in a different club in FM20 and he excelled.

I actually bought Declan Rice for a straight £40m and he was brilliant as a DM DLP or MC DLP.

I've decided to start a new save using 'hasdgfas' POSITIVE 4-2-3-1 DM AM WIDE tactic.  My team is starting off as....
GK - Leno
LB - Tierney
RB - Bellerin
CB - Gabriel
CB - Luiz
DM (DLP) - Partey
DM (BWM) - Elneny
AML - Aubameyang
AMC - Willian
AMR - Pepe
CF - Lacazette

The intensity will be fine as my other tactic was full tempo. I have also loaded it as tactic 1, 2 and 3, this way they only train for this tactic so therefore getting familiar with quicker.

16 minutes ago, Clifton said:

@RossoneriGunner Who are you using at CB?  :)

David Luiz, Gabriel, and when they get tired Rob Holding, Kolasinac.  Im also trying Whipped Crosses as well.

Just realised I didn't put CB's in my team line up, sorted lol

Summer 2023 was a fairly eventful transfer window as far as outs went:

bfbd327008.png

OUTS:

Medley wasn't going to make it.

Willock is worse than Yusuf Demir and Hakan Calhanoglu, as well as a couple of other young AMCs and I wasn't going to give him the playing time he deserves.

Delphis was a 400k purchase in 2020/21 who looked like he might turn into something. He didn't, but China decided to take him off my hands anyway.

Norton-Cuffy also wasn't going to make it.

Tsimikas REALLY underperformed, even in the backup DL spot I had him in. And after his ACL tear I signed Lamptey, so didn't need him anymore. I somehow made a 10.75M profit on a player who was awful for me, so I'll take it.

Awe was another who was never going to make it.

Major was picked up on a Bosman at the end of the 2020/21 season because I thought he had potential. He didn't develop, either here or out on loan so it was time to cut ties. 6.25M for someone I took a wild chance on at free is pretty good though.

INS:

Sebastiao was a cheap pickup from Brazil who I hope will develop into a good backup. I'm concerned he's not good enough going forward for me, but again, a cheap one. He's already valued at 11M, so I'm likely to be able to make some profit here even if he's not good enough for Arsenal.

Nnamdi Collins was a Bosman from Dortmund. I was strongly considering just throwing him in the deep end and making him my 4th CD, but I wasn't going to try to kick out any of my current 4. If they had a good offer come in, sure. But they didn't. He's still 5th and should get some cup time. Not a fan of the low determination, but hopefully that doesn't hurt him too much.

------

Also, there won't be another unbeaten season, and losing it on game 1 of the next season is totally fine with me. Get rid of any possible complacency:

8c7224670e.png