The Stadiums of Football Manager 2021 Edition

On 23/11/2020 at 21:59, priority76 said:

Also you haven't happened to come across Falkirk stadium or Starks Park have you?  I thought they looked particularly unlike their real life counterparts in FM20.

One thing I liked about the Starks Park one was how they tried to recreate the unique corner stand. I thought the Falkirk Stadium (spit!!) was pretty close. Three main stands and nothing at one side, not much more they could have done with that. 

EDIT - But not seen either yet this year. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

7 hours ago, Lempicka said:

I love the open terraces of this one. Station Park, home of Forfar Athletic. 

Have to say, some of my favorite smaller grounds in FM can be found in Scotland's League 1 and 2.

Does it have a large screen in the corner? I've started as Inverurie Locos (after they won the Play-Off) and sure enough we have a great big screen in one corner...

4 hours ago, Bruce Drundrige said:

Does it have a large screen in the corner? I've started as Inverurie Locos (after they won the Play-Off) and sure enough we have a great big screen in one corner...

No big screen in the corner - which was a relief.

Big screens just ruin the lower league grounds. Now that more corner related buildings/objects have been added to the games - I thought this would have been toned down a bit.

On 26/11/2020 at 18:13, priority76 said:

In the time it took you to moan about it, you could have changed it yourself in the editor.😉

Lol. FM - The only game where the users are EXPECTED to edit the game themselves, right after they gave their money to buy it;)  

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's right, FM is the only game in the world with moddable content. :rolleyes:

The editor should be for for users to customize the alreadyrealistic experience, not fix mistakes, and there are users who simply don't want to work in the editor. This is also solvable in 5 minutes of programming time but I guess its more logical to some people that the people who arent paid for it do it instead of those who are :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Casual said:

The editor should be for for users to customize the alreadyrealistic experience, not fix mistakes, and there are users who simply don't want to work in the editor. This is also solvable in 5 minutes of programming time but I guess its more logical to some people that the people who arent paid for it do it instead of those who are :rolleyes:

You do realise that most the stadiums they need to pay for licensing right?

On 28/11/2020 at 23:07, Dagenham_Dave said:

Don't be such a baby, it takes seconds to fix. 

I actually opened the pre game editor and couldn't find the stadium, I can find the club and the color of the jerseys but not the stadium. When I filter the stadiums and type the stadium name only the club shows up in the search. I googled the problem but couldn't find any tutorial on how to change the stadium color in FM 2021. So instead of your baby remarks, you could put up a tutorial on how to do it or even better put this mistake on a list of fixes for the next update. Anything else is just bad customer relationship in my point of view.

6 hours ago, oblongata21 said:

You do realise that most the stadiums they need to pay for licensing right?

If the stadium's seat color is the licensing problem then it should be said loud and clear without any mistification, but I highly doubt it. Red Star's stadium had red seats for years in FM, I should know since I play the game since it's beginning, I don't know why it isnt like that anymore, but I can't believe that anyone thinks that fixing this is asking too much. 

38 minutes ago, Casual said:

I actually opened the pre game editor and couldn't find the stadium, I can find the club and the color of the jerseys but not the stadium. When I filter the stadiums and type the stadium name only the club shows up in the search. I googled the problem but couldn't find any tutorial on how to change the stadium color in FM 2021. So instead of your baby remarks, you could put up a tutorial on how to do it or even better put this mistake on a list of fixes for the next update. Anything else is just bad customer relationship in my point of view.

Took me less than a minute to find the page in the editor. Takes another few seconds to change the seat colours then save the changes.

image.png.d67aa3f0707094a674891ebb4be1a3a0.png

20 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Took me less than a minute to find the page in the editor. Takes another few seconds to change the seat colours then save the changes.

Well you are a developer ain't you, and I'm just a user who never opened the boring Editor. I didn't come here to race and get my browsing minutes counted by someone who makes the game, but to point out the mistake in the game that should be solved. Strangely enough I still can't find the stadium when I type the Unique ID, so Im back to a conclusion that torturing users to waste their time to edit the stuff like this is much more unprofessional that doint it yourself. 

1.png

34 minutes ago, Casual said:

but to point out the mistake in the game that should be solved

Unfortunately you are pointing out the mistake in an area of the forum that likely won't get picked up on by the developers.  You need to raise it in the appropriate data research forum (which I believe is Serbia?) found here https://community.sigames.com/topic/538403-serbia-data-issues/

If not Serbia, just flick through the list until you find the correct country.

btw you are using the editor incorrectly.  From your screenshot you are in the "Agreements" section, thus the editor is trying to find an Agreement with the Unique ID of a stadium.  You need to be in the Stadiums section, not the Agreements section.

25 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Unfortunately you are pointing out the mistake in an area of the forum that likely won't get picked up on by the developers.  You need to raise it in the appropriate data research forum (which I believe is Serbia?) found here https://community.sigames.com/topic/538403-serbia-data-issues/

If not Serbia, just flick through the list until you find the correct country.

btw you are using the editor incorrectly.  From your screenshot you are in the "Agreements" section, thus the editor is trying to find an Agreement with the Unique ID of a stadium.  You need to be in the Stadiums section, not the Agreements section.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Casual said:

Well you are a developer ain't you, and I'm just a user who never opened the boring Editor. I didn't come here to race and get my browsing minutes counted by someone who makes the game,

Dave isn't involved with the making of the game, or, to my knowledge, work for SI. I'm pretty sure you're misreading the line under his name, which just means he's been here a while and has posted a lot. No need to get snippy with him for pointing out that it's relatively easy to change seat colours and the like.

4 hours ago, Casual said:

Well you are a developer ain't you, and I'm just a user who never opened the boring Editor.

Mate, I've used the pre-game editor about three times in all the years I've been playing this. It's also the first time I've opened this year's one. Clicking on 'stadiums' seemed to be the logical choice when looking to edit a stadium. Call me crazy. 

Also, my 'development' experience stretches no further than being able to have the word 'hello' appear several times on a tv screen using my ZX Spectrum in the early 80s

Finally got around to taking a stadium screenshot. It has the last of the opposition lineup fading, but when I have a second or two to screenshot between pop ups this was the best I got.

This is the Stade Rue Denis Netgen in Schifflange, Luxembourg. Home of Schifflange '95. In the real world I think it is actually Stade Municipai.

Stade_Rue_Denis_Netgen_InGame.thumb.png.aa901e157c091e488f5dba8b9a6d8da2.png

In real life it doesn't have as many stands and certainly has no big screen.

Stade_Rue_Denis_Netgen.googlemapsjpeg.png.3ad1beeb503f7dd9fdfbef8b60cf17cf.png

I like the openness of the area though.

• 4 weeks later...

Its one of the most frustrating things for me playing at a ground where the home and away fans are in the wrong ends of the ground or even worse stadiums like ibroxs stand structures are all over the place completely. Some look very good, most decent but some high profile grounds look terrible and make this aspect of the game very unrealistic

• 9 months later...

I have logged bug reports about the stadiums for both FM 20 and 21.

To my latest post Luke Hume replied:
"There are many different styles of stadiums - and definitely an area of the game we want to improve in the future.
Thanks for posting the issue. "

So i know that the developers want to improve the stadiums, but from what i´ve seen of FM22 so far it seems that this has not been a priority. 

But what what i did to change the hideous new stadiums without corner stands was to buy/download the in-game editor and change the capacity of the stadium - after doing that the stadium had changed appearance for the next home game, with built in corners!  And i could increase or decrease the capacity in the editor and the stadium would change accordingly.

Whole topic can be found here:

Edited by Robbie Hood