Guide how to set up an optimal database for a balanced savegame and ways to increase realism (updated 03. May 21) *links updated*

Thanks for all the work you you all have put in to this thread.

I am thinking about starting a save with OM in France. Only signing french players and staff. I would still like to have some competition in European competitions etc.

What leages and database options would you choose for such a save? I have a 10900K with 32 GB RAM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave, I appreciate the time taken to share this information. I’m already doing most of these things. In fact, I’m running every nation fully loaded on a beast of a rig and creeping through game weeks. Also using a skin with no attributes or silly stars with player searching disabled. I’m completely immersed in the World around me.

However, I’m interested in raising the realism bar a little higher. Some core aspects of the real game are missing or completely diluted in FM. I’ve compiled a small list of what I’ve found to be lacking below. Id appreciate your insight into all of these points (I’m aware that some points will be hard coded into the core game and difficult, if not impossible, to change)

Here we go:

- GK injuries during a match: in almost 2 seasons of gameplay I’ve never seen this happen to ANY goalkeeper in the game. Intriguingly, a GK I’ve sent out on loan has made one substitute appearance in the league which could indicate an injury but I was unable to see the game details. 

- Less injuries in general: I understand this is a difficult one to change as I’m aware that SI dilute this to around 50-60% of real life frequency (so they tell us). This for me is a bit of a kick in the teeth as when I play a management game, I want to be challenged. I want the headache of having an injury list as big as my arm and the unpredictability of having to play an untested winger in a critical game. Also, when you have a GK injured and don’t have another one on your books, the game GIFTS you a free GK. What’s that??? It’s almost like it’s bubble wrapping you against your own stupidity of not signing extra keepers. It would be much better if the game time slowed down like deadline day and you had the chance to sign an emergency keeper on a 3 game loan or something. Much more realistic. 

- Players squaring up in games / Dissent: This is another hard coded one I believe. In the days of CM 01/02, players would square up in games and receive yellow cards or even straight reds. Also, players would attack referees and receive 180 day bans from football. While the latter one doesn’t really happen too much these days, dissent and squaring up is a real part of the game. To think a 20 year old game simulated the beautiful (and nasty) side of the game much more realistically than the modern versions. I can only think this was removed out of the game to make it more PG friendly. 

- Player simulation: Watching the Merseyside Derby recently made me realise that Anthony Gordon is a cheat but more importantly than that is simulation has disappeared from FM! Again, probably to make the game more PG, who knows?! CM2010, albeit created by a different studio, even had diving attributes. You could instruct your players to take a dive during a game. It rarely worked out and the player usually got yellow carded which is completely correct. 

- Instant control: the single most frustrating aspect of gameplay. Watching your 198cm CB pulling the ball out of the air like Zidane from over his shoulder is a tad far fetched. Yes, mis-control happens in the game rarely but it’s barely noticeable. I’m playing in the 8th tier and it happens for fun. Why? Probably to ease frustration of human players but I’m really not enjoying it. 

- Passing accuracy: this is way too high. My team Port Vale have been in the top half of League 2 for most of the season and have barely had a finishing passing accuracy above 70%. Yet on FM in the 8th tier of football, I’m managing between 75%-80% on some occasions on awful pitches while playing a “Pass into space” tactic. Silly.

- Crowd colour: Anyway to change this? This is surprisingly bothering me when I’m witnessing a sea of red, blue, green, yellow, etc every game. The colours need to be a lot more neutral. Look at most Premier League games for example. Also, regarding crowds while I’m here, how great would it be to see diminishing crowds during heavy defeats? We all know only the die hards will stay to the end of a 5-0 battering!! Now, one more on crowds… pitch invasions!! Will probably never happen but worth a mention. 

- Chairman interference: an absolutely massive one. How do you make your chairman more involved in the running of his or her club? After all, he’s the one forking out millions per week in wages, rent, transfer fees et al. In FM, they’re more than happy to keep their mouths shut and allow us to run their clubs into debt. Then they’ll give us 2-3 extra years to repair the financial damage that WE caused! Madness. Where are the Watford-style chairmen who sack managers for fun? Watford sacked the guy who got them promoted after 7 games this season purely for s’s and gigs! Now they’re on their third manager of the season and even he’s leaving at the end of the season. Manager sackings on FM are much too infrequent. I’ve noticed a pattern that managers, no matter how bad, will stay in role for at least 3 months. I’m yet to understand why this is. Any insight? But chairmen in general take too much of a backseat. They’re seemingly happy to whittle their time away on a golf course rather than do anything substantive. They may pop up occasionally to tell us we’re doing a good job but who really cares? I don’t feel like I’m managing their club. I feel like this is just another one of 10,000 clubs that will give me another 3 months no matter how bad I am. 

- Player personalities / press conferences; this used to be a thing in older versions. Nowadays, players are shoved in front of cameras before and after every game. Did anyone see Ben Foster’s comments after Watford’s relegation? How much needle and immersion would that add to the game? One of your players has just completely ripped apart his teammates. How would that affect hierarchy? So far, the only person who can impact dressing room dynamics on FM is the manager. We advance players into leadership roles by playing them. In contrast, we alienate them by not playing them. It’s very monotonous. Where are the rifts in the squad? Where are ego’s colliding? Look at Man Utd right now. Immense individual talent but completely lost as a team. The players are clearly capable of individual genius but what is causing their seemingly incoherent team performances? How is this mimicked in FM?

Typed on a phone, may be incorrect spellings scattered about.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb mightypvfc:

- GK injuries during a match: in almost 2 seasons of gameplay I’ve never seen this happen to ANY goalkeeper in the game. Intriguingly, a GK I’ve sent out on loan has made one substitute appearance in the league which could indicate an injury but I was unable to see the game details. 

They happen, even more with my mods (filter in player search: "players injured and then select GK as position.

- Less injuries in general: I understand this is a difficult one to change as I’m aware that SI dilute this to around 50-60% of real life frequency (so they tell us). This for me is a bit of a kick in the teeth as when I play a management game, I want to be challenged. I want the headache of having an injury list as big as my arm and the unpredictability of having to play an untested winger in a critical game. Also, when you have a GK injured and don’t have another one on your books, the game GIFTS you a free GK. What’s that??? It’s almost like it’s bubble wrapping you against your own stupidity of not signing extra keepers. It would be much better if the game time slowed down like deadline day and you had the chance to sign an emergency keeper on a 3 game loan or something. Much more realistic. 

Also changed in my mods:)

- Players squaring up in games / Dissent: This is another hard coded one I believe. In the days of CM 01/02, players would square up in games and receive yellow cards or even straight reds. Also, players would attack referees and receive 180 day bans from football. While the latter one doesn’t really happen too much these days, dissent and squaring up is a real part of the game. To think a 20 year old game simulated the beautiful (and nasty) side of the game much more realistically than the modern versions. I can only think this was removed out of the game to make it more PG friendly. 

Impossible due to personal rights (real players cannot commit a crime in-game and I'm 100% sure its not part of the plans of SI to add them for newgens in any way)

- Player simulation: Watching the Merseyside Derby recently made me realise that Anthony Gordon is a cheat but more importantly than that is simulation has disappeared from FM! Again, probably to make the game more PG, who knows?! CM2010, albeit created by a different studio, even had diving attributes. You could instruct your players to take a dive during a game. It rarely worked out and the player usually got yellow carded which is completely correct. 

I do think players are diving in FM. If not, it could be funny indeed, but I do not see a gain of realism if you as a manager could advice a player to dive. This should be triggered by a bad player personality.

- Instant control: the single most frustrating aspect of gameplay. Watching your 198cm CB pulling the ball out of the air like Zidane from over his shoulder is a tad far fetched. Yes, mis-control happens in the game rarely but it’s barely noticeable. I’m playing in the 8th tier and it happens for fun. Why? Probably to ease frustration of human players but I’m really not enjoying it. 

8th tier, everything said here.

- Passing accuracy: this is way too high. My team Port Vale have been in the top half of League 2 for most of the season and have barely had a finishing passing accuracy above 70%. Yet on FM in the 8th tier of football, I’m managing between 75%-80% on some occasions on awful pitches while playing a “Pass into space” tactic. Silly.

I'm not happy with the high passing-frequency either. I hope this will be changed in FM23. I wouldn't even care if they just manipulate the percentage down to just have lower %'s.

- Crowd colour: Anyway to change this? This is surprisingly bothering me when I’m witnessing a sea of red, blue, green, yellow, etc every game. The colours need to be a lot more neutral. Look at most Premier League games for example. Also, regarding crowds while I’m here, how great would it be to see diminishing crowds during heavy defeats? We all know only the die hards will stay to the end of a 5-0 battering!! Now, one more on crowds… pitch invasions!! Will probably never happen but worth a mention. 

I do think there are mods available for that.

- Chairman interference: an absolutely massive one. How do you make your chairman more involved in the running of his or her club? After all, he’s the one forking out millions per week in wages, rent, transfer fees et al. In FM, they’re more than happy to keep their mouths shut and allow us to run their clubs into debt. Then they’ll give us 2-3 extra years to repair the financial damage that WE caused! Madness. Where are the Watford-style chairmen who sack managers for fun? Watford sacked the guy who got them promoted after 7 games this season purely for s’s and gigs! Now they’re on their third manager of the season and even he’s leaving at the end of the season. Manager sackings on FM are much too infrequent. I’ve noticed a pattern that managers, no matter how bad, will stay in role for at least 3 months. I’m yet to understand why this is. Any insight? But chairmen in general take too much of a backseat. They’re seemingly happy to whittle their time away on a golf course rather than do anything substantive. They may pop up occasionally to tell us we’re doing a good job but who really cares? I don’t feel like I’m managing their club. I feel like this is just another one of 10,000 clubs that will give me another 3 months no matter how bad I am. 

In my mods, I've slightly increased the chairman's goals for top-clubs in some cases, so they get unhappy more quickly for some Clubs. Keep in mind that most Chairman's are not Sugar Daddy's, so they actually do not forking out millions per week in wages, rent, transfer fees etc. The majority is still elected and employed by the club.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb mightypvfc:

- Player personalities / press conferences; this used to be a thing in older versions. Nowadays, players are shoved in front of cameras before and after every game. Did anyone see Ben Foster’s comments after Watford’s relegation? How much needle and immersion would that add to the game? One of your players has just completely ripped apart his teammates. How would that affect hierarchy? So far, the only person who can impact dressing room dynamics on FM is the manager. We advance players into leadership roles by playing them. In contrast, we alienate them by not playing them. It’s very monotonous. Where are the rifts in the squad? Where are ego’s colliding? Look at Man Utd right now. Immense individual talent but completely lost as a team. The players are clearly capable of individual genius but what is causing their seemingly incoherent team performances? How is this mimicked in FM?

Players do talk ***** about you. You sometimes see this in the news-feed or even in your inbox-messages. I do agree that there is potential left. I also agree that interviews in FM are mostly boring and I'm leaving them to my assistant. But they are also boring in real life too, so FM still got it right there ;)

Thanks @Daveincid for the response. I see you are frustrated with some aspects just as much as me ;)

I understood all of your points although I was wondering what you meant by "8th tier, everything said here".. My point was, yes, instant control of a football happens with the the best players in the best teams in the real game but it doesn't happen in the 8th tier and it shouldn't be happening in the 8th tier in FM. These are players on part-time contracts, training twice a week. They shouldn't be pulling every ball out of the air like Zidane. Games should be scrappy with many mis-placed passes and tackles with much more aggression than the higher levels. It's just a natural part of the lower league system. 

I wonder if mass editing all players technical stats and reducing by a percentage will help decrease the first touch Zidane control and high passing accuracy? I understand that many attributes contribute to many aspects of gameplay but it's worth a shot. I know your editing is mainly with the editor files but have you ever tried to manipulate the attributes of players in an attempt to garner more realistic gameplay? 

See the attachment for Port Vale's last game vs Exeter City in the real world. Exeter were 1st in the league, Port Vale 6th going into this game. Exeter play a nice passing game hence the relatively high passing accuracy. Port Vale play a long-ish game and play from the second ball. Those passing stats are very revealing. Also, these stats are fed via a JSON API and will be as close to accurate as you can find. These two teams are in the 4th tier btw.

See the alternate screenshot from the Man City game vs Newcastle. That's more like it, right? We all know how Man City play. 712 passes with an accuracy of 90% is insane. Pep's hard work over the past 5 years has raised the level of the players and it shows in those stats. That's real, long-term progression from a manager working with players everyday on the training ground for years. 

port-vale-passing-accuracy.png

man-city.png

vor 20 Minuten schrieb mightypvfc:

I understood all of your points although I was wondering what you meant by "8th tier, everything said here"

In my opinion, the match-engine (and the game in general) isn't designed to show pure amateur-level football very accurate. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2020 at 14:58, Daveincid said:

- Loading top 5 nations and top 2 in South America playable and top 20 as view only with players loaded from the top 20 nations with the advanced-db option: 

Hello, does "players loaded from the top 20 nations with the advanced-db option" mean that I need to tick every box in advanced-db?

I did this for every nation i have the league selected on "view only". Is this correct?

I'm playing on a laptop so I don't know if the performance hit will be big with every box ticked like that.

Sorry to bother you and have a great day!

untitled.PNG

vor einer Stunde schrieb m0rdorr:

Hello, does "players loaded from the top 20 nations with the advanced-db option" mean that I need to tick every box in advanced-db?

I did this for every nation i have the league selected on "view only". Is this correct?

I'm playing on a laptop so I don't know if the performance hit will be big with every box ticked like that.

Sorry to bother you and have a great day!

untitled.PNG

No, I've explained it in detail in my youtube-video:

Cheers
Daveincid

• 2 weeks later...

Thx for this great thread Dave! 

I have been playing FM since CM96/97 so i have been like spending a good chunk of my life playing this game. Now for me the most enjoyable version was FM2011, mainly because i had a great save with Shamrock Rovers from Ireland (with which i won CL). The most important thing in a save for me is the feel of realism. In that save i managed to snap up some great Ireland internationals who failed to make it in England and after 1 or 2 good years with me they got sold by the board to bigger clubs. This felt very realistic to me and gave me great gameplay joy. I needed to get replacements and build a new team. You get the drift.

From 2011 i have been trying to get the same kind of gameplay again but it allways fails miserably because my better players just dont get good offers and also not getting sold by the board. I am still not sure if its part of the version of FM2011 or it was just a lucky setup i had Database wise.

At the moment im having an awesome career with Armagh in FM2020 but im totally losing interest now because i have this great Striker who scored 40 times in a season and got the award for best european striker, is northern ireland international and scored 4 times against Tottenham in  the Europa League. A striker like that who can get bough for 200 k should be bought away or at least get interest from clubs from England championship.

But maybe my league wasnt set up properly or its just that there is 0 interest for players from Northern Ireland league.

Any thoughts?

p.s. If you choose a small database does it automatically make the transfer market more competitive? As in less players so more competition for players and ergo higher prices being offered for players?

Edited by Mypos

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Mypos:

Thx for this great thread Dave! 

I have been playing FM since CM96/97 so i have been like spending a good chunk of my life playing this game. Now for me the most enjoyable version was FM2011, mainly because i had a great save with Shamrock Rovers from Ireland (with which i won CL). The most important thing in a save for me is the feel of realism. In that save i managed to snap up some great Ireland internationals who failed to make it in England and after 1 or 2 good years with me they got sold by the board to bigger clubs. This felt very realistic to me and gave me great gameplay joy. I needed to get replacements and build a new team. You get the drift.

From 2011 i have been trying to get the same kind of gameplay again but it allways fails miserably because my better players just dont get good offers and also not getting sold by the board. I am still not sure if its part of the version of FM2011 or it was just a lucky setup i had Database wise.

At the moment im having an awesome career with Armagh in FM2020 but im totally losing interest now because i have this great Striker who scored 40 times in a season and got the award for best european striker, is northern ireland international and scored 4 times against Tottenham in  the Europa League. A striker like that who can get bough for 200 k should be bought away or at least get interest from clubs from England championship.

But maybe my league wasnt set up properly or its just that there is 0 interest for players from Northern Ireland league.

Any thoughts?

You're welcome :)

Which Nations have you set as playable in your save with Armagh? Have you checked his hidden stats (CA/PA?)

1 hour ago, Daveincid said:

You're welcome :)

Which Nations have you set as playable in your save with Armagh? Have you checked his hidden stats (CA/PA?)

Italy, Spain, Germany, France, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales. No have not checked his hidden stats. But its a pattern. I have more really good talents who only have interest from clubs from Northern Ireland self. Also most years no player from Northern Ireland gets bought by clubs from other countries in game. But when i check for instance Scotland and Ireland a few players every year get bough by bigger abroad clubs but still not very much.

If i would try like half european clubs playable other half viewable and small database, should that make it so realistic that best players of small clubs get bought?

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Mypos:

Italy, Spain, Germany, France, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales. No have not checked his hidden stats. But its a pattern. I have more really good talents who only have interest from clubs from Northern Ireland self. Also most years no player from Northern Ireland gets bought by clubs from other countries in game. But when i check for instance Scotland and Ireland a few players every year get bough by bigger abroad clubs but still not very much.

I would check his hidden stats first. Sometimes if a player massively overperforms (in most cases it's a player of your own team) but has pretty low CA/PA-ratings, bigger Clubs simply do not have that much interest in this particular player. 

39 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

I would check his hidden stats first. Sometimes if a player massively overperforms (in most cases it's a player of your own team) but has pretty low CA/PA-ratings, bigger Clubs simply do not have that much interest in this particular player. 

Question:

1. What setup which isnt too heavy on the CPU would give the most cut throat transfer market in your opinion?

2. If you choose a small database does it automatically make the transfer market more competitive? As in less players so more competition for players and ergo higher prices being offered for players?

It can be that my players are massively overperforming. Which would make me a tactical genius by the way. But in one version (i think it was FM2017) i was playing with Cork City and half of the national team were Cork players and none got bought by bigger clubs. 

Edited by Mypos

vor 1 Minute schrieb Mypos:

1. What setup which isnt too heavy on the CPU would give the most cut throat transfer market in your opinion?

As everyone has a different opinion what is too heavy and what CPU they have, there isn't a proper answer to that. I've uploaded several setups in my FM22 Guide so you can try it out yourself:)

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Mypos:

2. If you choose a small database does it automatically make the transfer market more competitive? As in less players so more competition for players and ergo higher prices being offered for players?

No, it's not the first time I heard this but my tests never shown a benefit of loading a small database for more competition. 

13 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

As everyone has a different opinion what is too heavy and what CPU they have, there isn't a proper answer to that. I've uploaded several setups in my FM22 Guide so you can try it out yourself:)

No, it's not the first time I heard this but my tests never shown a benefit of loading a small database for more competition. 

Do you have any idea or opinion what makes the transfer market more competitive?

3 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

load as much playable top-division leagues as possible.

Ok. Im going to start a new save with GoAheadEagles and do that. Its frustrating that i have to throw away a whole save now but its what it is.

Thx for your help.

Gerade eben schrieb Mypos:

Ok. Im going to start a new save with GoAheadEagles and do that. Its frustrating that i have to throw away a whole save now but its what it is.

Thx for your help.

good luck!
You're welcome:)

• 3 weeks later...
vor 8 Minuten schrieb middleweight165:

@Daveincid I was reading an article and they suggested changing the detail level to decrease the amount of games simulated. Will this effect your setup in any way? Im using your setup and happy with it so dont want to negatively effect it. Thanks

decreasing full-detail simulation will make your game faster, so there are definetly arguments for it. My guide weights higher level of detailed simulation over game-speed :)

10 hours ago, Daveincid said:

decreasing full-detail simulation will make your game faster, so there are definetly arguments for it. My guide weights higher level of detailed simulation over game-speed :)

Agreed. I set 95% of my leagues detail to None (only a few major ones), and i still get  only 1 star performance. Am I missing anything?... Thanks!

image.thumb.png.a1157f82fe0711325d5348624f10675e.png

vor 1 Minute schrieb phd_angel:

Agreed. I set 95% of my leagues detail to None (only a few major ones), and i still get  only 1 star performance. Am I missing anything?... Thanks!

image.thumb.png.a1157f82fe0711325d5348624f10675e.png

nope, that's how it is. But I always say: IGNORE THE STARS

Em 15/11/2020 em 13:58, Daveincid disse:

Extra Tip:

As a human manager you have some "benefits" over the AI. You can be much better in transfers because you don't "feel" pressure or concerns which teams have IRL. I think that's a reason why the AI is not that aggressive vs a human player fighting against a specific talent. It looks like a weak programmed AI, for me it is just insane programming-skills by SI-devs.  WIth that in mind, you might not just buy a  wonderkid for 20 million while managing a team that would never do that IRL, even if it would be possible. This gave me a much more immersive game-experience.

I find this tip interesting. To see if I understood, when you're playing and you have the chance to buy a wonderkid for a "cheap" price (sometimes the release clauses are really low, especially in Brazil), you don't do it? Or in that case, would you offer more money?

vor 19 Minuten schrieb kepz:

My glowing-hot Macbook says otherwise :lol:

Mac is special in this regard^^ But again: Your Macbook won't burn if you load 400k players but no league with full detail because during most of the time ypur CPU won't be used 100%. So you can't go by this measurement ;)

vor 30 Minuten schrieb mikcheck:

I find this tip interesting. To see if I understood, when you're playing and you have the chance to buy a wonderkid for a "cheap" price (sometimes the release clauses are really low, especially in Brazil), you don't do it? Or in that case, would you offer more money?

No, if you find a player bargain, go for it^^ I just wouldn't buy a player for €50m if you are a manager in Brazil for example. It's mainly to not overspend and not looking for cheap players.

On 19/06/2022 at 08:55, Daveincid said:

Thanks. I think ill just leave it, dont want to mess with the set up

On 22/06/2022 at 09:59, Daveincid said:

Mac is special in this regard^^ But again: Your Macbook won't burn if you load 400k players but no league with full detail because during most of the time ypur CPU won't be used 100%. So you can't go by this measurement ;)

I am going to try this! Thanks for the tip! 

On 19/06/2022 at 19:27, Daveincid said:

But I always say: IGNORE THE STARS

I have to agree. For the first time ever I have started a save with every single country and league that came with the game. I have every top league and major cup set to full detail. My star rating is 1/2 star. My PC is far from the best but the game runs at a reasonable pace for me. This is with the May update which doesn't boast the superior speed improvements, so it could, in theory, possibly run better using the latest June update. 

detail level.jpg

When people say loading  Davidincid's  suggested amount of leagues , database etc  slows the game down  if I'm running a AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor  3.70 GHz. 16 GB of Ram and a Geforce TRX 3070 t1 are we talking about >5 min wait time? I'm not expecting a specific answer but a  estimate would help. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb talino7:

When people say loading  Davidincid's  suggested amount of leagues , database etc  slows the game down  if I'm running a AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor  3.70 GHz. 16 GB of Ram and a Geforce TRX 3070 t1 are we talking about >5 min wait time? I'm not expecting a specific answer but a  estimate would help. 

My setups are pretty demanding, so of course it does have an impact on the games simulation speed. Why not go on holiday for a few months and check the simulation speed yourself? 

17 hours ago, talino7 said:

Lots of waiting time in general, even when you only load a handful of leagues. Of course, there are a few tips to try to speed up the game. But sluggishness is a major flaw of FM over the years. (I turn on TV, podcasts or YouTube to make better use of my time). No way around it.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

3 days ago:kriss:

FM22 "Increase Realism"- Megapack JULY Update by Daveincid

40% faster speed is AMAAAAAAAAAZING!   Finally, my dreams are coming true...

Quite interesting idea to get rid of dead-wood regens... (And I'll avoid Japan for sure...).

Thanks Dave!

:hammer:

Guys, (especially @Daveincid)

What you would you think it would be a good setup for a South American only save? I reinforce that I have no intention to go manage in Europe, just build a dynasty within SA.

Looking to do a end-game long career on my club (Vasco) and looking for the most balanced setup I could get.

PS:

My hardware setup is hybrid:

1- M1 8 Cores | 16GB RAM

2- Ryzen 5 2600 | 16 (Upgrading to 32 later this month)

Edited by João14

vor 17 Stunden schrieb João14:

What you would you think it would be a good setup for a South American only save? I reinforce that I have no intention to go manage in Europe, just build a dynasty within SA.

Looking to do a end-game long career on my club (Vasco) and looking for the most balanced setup I could get.

PS:

1- M1 8 Cores | 16GB RAM

In my FM22 guide there are several setups available. :) In the end it's still a personal preference, so I can't give you a proper answer.

Cheers

Daveincid

39 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

In my FM22 guide there are several setups available. :) In the end it's still a personal preference, so I can't give you a proper answer.

Cheers

Daveincid

Cheers mate. I've been studying the guide for almost a week but still came up short with a good setup to balance things out. My biggest doubt is the transfer markt, like I would definitely decrease full-detail simulation + only view on some Europe leagues but I fear I might lose a good income of money coming from Europe leagues as they rely heavily on South American market and as a consequence lose some money income for my rivals so competitions may become far too easy. I'd like to have a smooth speed but I'm finding that very hard with some setups I've created 

23 hours ago, João14 said:

PS:

1- M1 8 Cores | 16GB RAM

Hi Joao - I'm not familiar with your computer configuration but I'd say you should try to load ALL leagues in SA, specially Brazil and Argentina. Are you starting unemployed or picking a club? I'd start at some Brazilian third division club. Boa sorte!

PS: Player database could be medium, or even small to be honest if your computer is weak.

Edited by phd_angel

On 12/07/2022 at 23:24, phd_angel said:

Hi Joao - I'm not familiar with your computer configuration but I'd say you should try to load ALL leagues in SA, specially Brazil and Argentina. Are you starting unemployed or picking a club? I'd start at some Brazilian third division club. Boa sorte!

PS: Player database could be medium, or even small to be honest if your computer is weak.

I'm picking my team, Vasco (haha eu reparei que é flamenguista :D)

I edited the DB so i could have Alex Teixeira as i'm super hyped for this one in particular. I'll share my setup in a bit

• 1 month later...

Hey mates, for a basic computer as mine with the specs below, what kind of set up in terms of leagues loaded, detail level and number of players in the DB will you advice me to set? I want to do a very long term save trying to build a nation so I want international balance. I don't mind if speed is not maximun, my concern is to be able to keep playing smoothly through the decades. 

i5-1135G7 @ 2.4GHz 2.42 GHz Processor

8,00 GB (7,76 GB usable) Ram

Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics as integrated graphic card

Loading top 20 nations playable, all the others view-only, international games, games from National-Teams and the games in your league simulated in full detail, with the advanced db-option for all players from first divison and national reputation

All leagues from the Top 20 Nations playable?

hace 3 horas, Daveincid dijo:

@Fugado@RABering this is the thread for FM21. 
The thread for FM22 is here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/565023-fm22-guide-how-to-increase-realism-in-fm22-by-daveincid/

There are several setups which you can download in the thread for FM22. 

Cheers

Daveincid

Sorry @Daveincid only I forgot to mention that I was still playing on FM21.

My save idea is to develop this nation using both a team that plays in a stronger country and another one in the native leagues. So I will have to first promote my team from the bottom of the english pyramid while developing my actual nation. Quite a madness I know

Now that I've read a bit more from your posts I think I can load  in my basic computer up to 16 playable leagues + 24 view only (counting 10 English lower levels that multiply as they go deeper becoming actually 52 groups) with ~60k players (they become ~90k when ticking  "add players to playable teams" box) and default detail level. I will also load some Timo's custom countries to complete your recommendations.

I still have two questions for you:

• Does this size of database and its proportion to leagues loaded seem reasonable to you, long-term balanced? Will it look realistic in 2050? 
  • I can add other leagues in europe and the world or increase detail level as I climb the English pyramid and I free up space unloading the lower leagues I've already left behind me. Do you recommend it to me? How should I proceed?

I hope at least you find it as exciting as I do. Thank you a lot,

Fugado

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Fugado:

Does this size of database and its proportion to leagues loaded seem reasonable to you, long-term balanced? Will it look realistic in 2050? 

To be honest I can't remember exactly how it was in FM21. My brain is already half into FM23:D But it won't be that bad overall.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Fugado:
  • I can add other leagues in europe and the world or increase detail level as I climb the English pyramid and I free up space unloading the lower leagues I've already left behind me. Do you recommend it to me? How should I proceed?

I do not recomend to add leagues at a later stage. Removing lower leagues once you get promoted in a lower league save is fine.