Getting the best of my 9-10 duo - 4231 Wide DMs - FM20

Hi guys,

I started a save with Sassuolo on FM20, with an update giving this year's team.
Don't get me wrong, I'm half of the first season, and things are going so well as you can see.

464468238_SerieATIM_Profile.thumb.png.fd26a446543b191cc5454f55b45617a2.png

However, I feel like I can still improve my tactic. I'm playing a wide deep 4231, inspired by what Hansi Flick did with last year's Bayern.

249019817_U.S.SassuoloCalcio_Vuedensemble-2.thumb.png.86fa98312ccc32cced4be03ecd70dc42.png

My main problem is that my 9 and my 10 are not performing well. I'm not complaining, but I feel like my team is way too Berardi's dependent. It not even that my IF(A) is too influent, it's really that I feel like the day where Berardi is injured or left the team, I can't rely on any other way to attack. I would like my goals scored to be more shared between the front 4. For now, my 9 and 10 are really useful to press, but not so much for other things. Djuricic and Caputo are my starters but starting from next season, I would like to install Raspadori and Traoré as my main duo for the coming years.

1460074548_FilipDjuricic_Profile.thumb.png.d616537b7b4321ed05814bb6371a06ea.png

637926561_FrancescoCaputo_Profile.thumb.png.9f956b8a380c5716d2a600e2ee8479bc.png

1908993712_HamedJuniorTraor_Profile.thumb.png.6b5b4d169693aa6c0e247ecb490201f6.png1826844976_GiacomoRaspadori_Profile.thumb.png.01a04725d5343db65bda90958db953bf.png

Do you guys have any advice 1) to improve my tactic in its entirety 2) to improve my 9 and 10 performances ?

Thanks a lot!

10 hours ago, Delial said:

Do you guys have any advice 1) to improve my tactic in its entirety 2) to improve my 9 and 10 performances ?

You are 1st in Serie A with Sassuolo - not Juve, not Napoli, not Milan, Inter etc., but Sasusolo - and you want to improve the tactic ???

Sorry, but you are really asking way too much. 

Il y a 4 heures, Experienced Defender a dit :

You are 1st in Serie A with Sassuolo - not Juve, not Napoli, not Milan, Inter etc., but Sasusolo - and you want to improve the tactic ???

Sorry, but you are really asking way too much. 

I answered to that, I'm not complaining about anything, I just don't feel like I'm an expert in tactics so, if there's a room for improvement, I want to work on it. I don't think I should be blamed for not resting on my laurels. Long story short, I often succeed the first season but when teams find how to play against me, I don't really know how to react without changing half of the team or playing another style of football.

So, again, if you see something that can be improved, I'm all ears. Leads to get more assists from my AM or WBs for example.

Edited by Delial

16 hours ago, Delial said:

I answered to that, I'm not complaining about anything, I just don't feel like I'm an expert in tactics so, if there's a room for improvement, I want to work on it. I don't think I should be blamed for not resting on my laurels. Long story short, I often succeed the first season but when teams find how to play against me, I don't really know how to react without changing half of the team or playing another style of football.

So, again, if you see something that can be improved, I'm all ears. Leads to get more assists from my AM or WBs for example.

Okay, I can only tell you what tweaks/changes I personally would make. But do not blame me if that ruins your already successful tactic.

Btw, roles and duties look good, so "my" potential changes would involve instructions only:

- remove the Pass into space (or at least use it only situationally)

- change the BPD into a standard CD (because you have a playmaker directly in front of him in the form of a regista)

- remove focus through the middle (especially now that you are topping the league table)

Other potential tweaks would depend on the effects of the ones listed above. 

Il y a 6 heures, Experienced Defender a dit :

Okay, I can only tell you what tweaks/changes I personally would make. But do not blame me if that ruins your already successful tactic.

Btw, roles and duties look good, so "my" potential changes would involve instructions only:

- remove the Pass into space (or at least use it only situationally)

- change the BPD into a standard CD (because you have a playmaker directly in front of him in the form of a regista)

- remove focus through the middle (especially now that you are topping the league table)

Other potential tweaks would depend on the effects of the ones listed above. 

Man, thank you for your answer, I know people can be weird on the internet, but I won't blame you for the help I asked!

I already changed the BDP behind the Regista, it works better.

Why should I remove Focus Through The Middle. I put it in the first place because I wanted my Regista to be the heartbeat of the team (without roaming as much as a RPM). I'll try!

Matter of fact, at home I win easily all my games, but away it's more difficult. Do you have any ideas? I was thinking about lowing my mentality but... not sure...

8 hours ago, Delial said:

Why should I remove Focus Through The Middle

Because there is no point in trying to attack the opposition through the area they will crowd the most, especially since your current position suggests that most opponents will play defensively against you. Therefore, you should not limit your players' attacking options. 

I put it in the first place because I wanted my Regista to be the heartbeat of the team

Regista is a playmaker, so he will be a ball-magnet anyway. Removing the BPD should do a lot more to increase the influence of the regista than the focus play. 

Matter of fact, at home I win easily all my games, but away it's more difficult. Do you have any ideas? I was thinking about lowing my mentality but... not sure...

I would rather drop the LOE slightly and remove the Prevent short GKD to create more space for your attackers than changing the mentality (because a change of the mentality automatically changes everything else). 

Il y a 1 heure, Experienced Defender a dit :

Because there is no point in trying to attack the opposition through the area they will crowd the most, especially since your current position suggests that most opponents will play defensively against you. Therefore, you should not limit your players' attacking options. 

Regista is a playmaker, so he will be a ball-magnet anyway. Removing the BPD should do a lot more to increase the influence of the regista than the focus play. 

I would rather drop the LOE slightly and remove the Prevent short GKD to create more space for your attackers than changing the mentality (because a change of the mentality automatically changes everything else). 

Thanks a lot mate! Very helpful :)