FAQ request

dogs

If you were totally new to the CMO and wanted to branch into online gaming, you would want to read a FAQ

If you were that new guy what questions would you want to be included in it, doesnt matter how daft it sounds, remember this will be the definitive idiots guide icon_smile.gif

Lets brainstorm this so we make together the perfect FAQ for all new users to peruse.

[This message was edited by Mr X on 07 January 2004 at 18:31.]

If you were totally new to the CMO and wanted to branch into online gaming, you would want to read a FAQ

If you were that new guy what questions would you want to be included in it, doesnt matter how daft it sounds, remember this will be the definitive idiots guide icon_smile.gif

Lets brainstorm this so we make together the perfect FAQ for all new users to peruse.

[This message was edited by Mr X on 07 January 2004 at 18:31.]

Dogs is the mod of the forum of course he is involved, we want to involve everyone in this FAQ cos without your help, we cant create the FAQ.

So please people, any questions, no matter how daft you think they may be, we want them so we can then answer them and put them into the FAQ.

The FAQ is for your benefit aswell as ours, so lets work together on this icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

Nobody applies for my game....What can I do???

uhhhhh that could be said by a guy called Mballack. icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kozak lets keep the drivel banter out of this thread please.

OK lets start the ball rolling :

How to start a Network Game

How to join a Network Game

Troubleshooting for these items, eg Firewalls, Ports to use, Routers etc.

Advice on How to start a clan (Advice on what some of the successful clans have done when starting)

How to join a clan. (Links to Application Threads).

So come on guys, thats a start, lets hear what else you want.

how to find out my ip

how do i do screen grabs,

how do i see (as host) what the players status is.

how do i force a player to continue if he is taking too slow

how do i disconnect all players so i can do an emergency save

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

how can I stop people I've booted from the game re-joining? (change the pw)

dunno if you wanted answers as well icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes mate, both Questions and Answers are welcomed icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

how can I stop people I've booted from the game re-joining? (change the pw)

dunno if you wanted answers as well icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also : How do I change my password.

I will email you mods about the way you wanna have a FAQ. A FAQ with lot of text is OK of course, but I think we need to have a sort of CMO-forum guide. I made a bit of an example of that. I will send that WORD-document by email. Its a fast scretch so there must be rewritten some things ofcourse and the linkages aren't included. So newbies can identify themselves fast so they know what to do at this forum.

This all because I think most newbies don't take the time to read lot of text. Let me know what you think about this.

Srz for posting again in this thread btw mods icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

The FAQ is full of links and screenshots icon_smile.gif (or it will be)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But the problem can become >>> to large and people won't use it.

been away with family all day and just now read my mail.

I like the flowchart style, and have added your ideas to the others.

When we have brainstormed the FAQ requests to death we will organise all the requests and then decide the best format for setting the whole shebang up.

Thanks for the input icon_smile.gif

Hi guys, couls someone here tell me how to host a online game when i'm behind a server, so i have only a network ip adress? Is this possible or not. I know the ip from the server. Is there some kind of software thats make this possible?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoeWesthead:

Why does Patty win every cup going?

Who the feck is Jóhann Þórthallson?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) Maybe cos your aint good enough?

2) Striker from Iceland who has terrific pace and scores well......but there is even better than him around icon_smile.gif

Me and a friend are trying to play accross the net. We set up ok, then when 1 of us tries to join, it says wrong password! HELP, Whats going on?!?!

taking from the forum on today's posting icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr X:

[This message was edited by Mr X on 07 January 2004 at 18:31.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello. I am a forum newbie although I've played CM since CM2 days. I have a question for the FAQ which is a question I have anyway: can you convert a "standard" CM4 game into a network game? To explain: a friend and I have a 2-player game on his PC in Dublin. But we want to be able to play online using his PC or mine (in Birmingham) as a server. Can we do this? We are three seasons in so don't want to start a new game!

Thanks,

Dan

Archived