FM 20 Mobile - Financial Info (lack of!)

Hello, just found this forum and hoping for some insight! I'm new to FM 20 Mobile and overall very impressed so far.

I'm a veteran of past Champ Manager games but it's been a long time since I'd previously looked at a Football Manager game in detail, so forgive the perhaps slightly odd / old question here.

One thing I really liked about playing the games in the past was seeing all the income and expenditure transactions for things like gate receipts, prize money, wages etc - my question is where has this all gone?!...if I'm not mistaken all I can see now is a wages budget and a transfer budget, but no sense of how the overall finances are changing. Is this just a 'light feature' thing with the mobile version?...and are there any updates planned to improve the financial aspects of the game? It's just a shame to not have full visibility of the club finances like you could before, even on the really old versions of the game, so this feels like a step backwards over time.

Thanks for your thoughts on this and apologies if this has been mentioned before, I couldn't find anything specifically amongst the many posts.

• SI Staff

This is intentional in the mobile game I'm afraid - simply put a manager in real-life doesn't set hot-dog prices etc. ... they're given budgets to work within.

(at some point in the future if enough people request it, then I am open to expanding this out and giving more information in this regard - but it'd be a long-term thing for various reasons ... (1) I'd want it to have a sensible effect in game (ie. I'd probably want to expand how facilities etc. work), (2) There are a lot of nations in the game and balancing and tuning this sort of thing takes ages as it is, let alone when you can see individual ticket prices etc.)

Thanks for your reply. That's fair enough, I appreciate there's only so much that can go into the mobile version of the game and have everything still working well and balanced.

I guess I wasn't thinking about anything overly complex, but perhaps something like prize money for winning competitions which can be added to the transfer budget and rising or falling gate receipts linked to performances and results on the pitch. 

Brilliant game anyway, so glad I picked it up again after all these years, one good thing that has come out of lockdown for me.

Interesting question ebOOccc!

So one of the questions that has arisen in my mind a good few times is - if I sell a player at the very end of the season for say (let’s say 5 million) ....the following session, when my new transfer budget had been announced, is that 5 million from that sale ☝ included in that new transfer budget because if it isn’t then there is a case to say that it is best to push all transfers through (sell’s) at the very beginning of a season post transfer budget being announced, so that money, or some of that money gets added to your transfer balance. My point being if you do it the other way around, sell before your new transfer budget is announced, then you never quite know what happened to that money.?? Sorry I’m a bit of a purest here, but it has crossed my mind, doesn’t take anything away from the game though whichever of the two happens to be true ...and not knowing is cool also, I can just make it up in my head 😁

Edited by JohnyBruce