Football Manager 2021 Mobile - Headline Features

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, MrManagerMan said:

Just had a thought - do you all play FMM on a phone? I’d struggle with that with my eyes.  I only ever play it on my iPad in my lounge. The game plays very well on a tablet. 

I make a point of playing on both - on the Phone the skin is slightly different (depending on phone size) to ensure that its as readable as possible.

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, Elbarryo said:

Salut Marc

C’est possible que le manager puisse avoir un contrat avec la direction genre 2 ou 3 ans et avoir de salaire ???

At present there are no plans to add a manager contract to Football Manager Mobile - the reason for this is simply that it would have a negligible effect in the game because there are no ways to spend that salary.

I want to keep the mobile game fast and fun, adding things like this would slow it down somewhat ... hence I try and keep it somewhat streamlined with things which aren't optional.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, HM786 said:

@Marc Vaughan

Hi Marc is there an estimated time for the game to drop?

I have an android and last year the game did drop in the evening. Will the game be dropped at midnight, earlier or later?

Thanks.

The exact time that it becomes available in a region is down to the way the internal mobile stores operate and isn't something we directly control (we simply upload the final build and press a button to release - but it takes a while for the GooglePlay, iOS stores or whatever to replicate it on their servers around the world).

• SI Staff
38 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

I cannot wait for this game! Some great new features, Will you ever put FFP into the game to add more realism in terms of finances 

If it can be done without being too heavy in terms of gameplay then yes, but not in the short-term.

Will the new version of FMM have squad registration requirements? Apologies if this has been asked already! I think having registration requirements will add another layer to the game instead of being able to go out and sign anyone you want within your budgets.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, RKT91 said:

Will the new version of FMM have squad registration requirements? Apologies if this has been asked already! I think having registration requirements will add another layer to the game instead of being able to go out and sign anyone you want within your budgets.

No this makes things too complex/slow for the mobile game imho and isn't something which is planned to be added at any point - if you want this sort of thing then I suggest you play FM PC/Mac.

PS - If you just sign loads of players then you'll have issues keeping them all happy imho.

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

At present there are no plans to add a manager contract to Football Manager Mobile - the reason for this is simply that it would have a negligible effect in the game because there are no ways to spend that salary.

I want to keep the mobile game fast and fun, adding things like this would slow it down somewhat ... hence I try and keep it somewhat streamlined with things which aren't optional.

This is a feature i would like because sometimes i like to do a mercenary wandering manager save. I simulate it by looking at the overall wage budget though. Nothing an imagination can't fix!

Edited by ElliottMS

• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

@Marc Vaughan fancy pressing that button early 

I believe it's already been pressed and some regions have probably got it already ...

(these days I don't do the actual 'physical' button press myself, used to sh*t bricks back in the day when I had to ... so very happy to leave that part of the process to others these days :D )

1 minute ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I believe it's already been pressed and some regions have probably got it already ...

(these days I don't do the actual 'physical' button press myself, used to sh*t bricks back in the day when I had to ... so very happy to leave that part of the process to others these days :D )

Do the Uk have to wait till midnight then, or would it be sooner?  So hyped for this game.

50 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

No this makes things too complex/slow for the mobile game imho and isn't something which is planned to be added at any point - if you want this sort of thing then I suggest you play FM PC/Mac.

PS - If you just sign loads of players then you'll have issues keeping them all happy imho.

Thank you for the prompt and honest response, Marc. Much appreciated!

Does the Touch version have the requirements or is it just the full PC version?

Thanks.

On 17/11/2020 at 12:27, Marc Vaughan said:

There are lots of technical reasons why we're restricted to 4 nations at present - as older devices 'age out' it is possible this might increase in the future*, but we obviously want as many people as possible to be able to play the game.

*ie. not this years game, but perhaps a future version.

Understand the restrictions to only 4 nations, so why not the option to add/remove nations at end of each season

6 minutes ago, TinkerTaylor said:

Understand the restrictions to only 4 nations, so why not the option to add/remove nations at end of each season

The loading would take up too much time/space. It has to load in like 2000 new players, including regens and existing players. But maybe in the future

14 hours ago, MrManagerMan said:

Totally agree. I love all three versions of the game for different reasons. Keep FMM easy to pick up and play and fly through the seasons compared to the other two but still having depth there when you want it. For me, 2020 was almost the perfect version of FMM so really looking forward to 21 coming tomorrow (which of course will really be tonight...)

100% agree MrManagerMan, FM20 Mobile was the Goldilocks of FM games, if I can word it like that ☺️
It’s like CM0102 but better, and CM0102 is regarded by many as the pinnacle of the entire CM/FM series!

When depth can sit well with pick up and play, you for sure have something special.

Roll on FMM2021, almost midnight 🥳

7 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Great move 👍🏼

6 minutes ago, DWCallaghan said:

How is it looking, found any unannounced gems ?

It’s looking good. Not spotted anything surprising yet. Requested an affiliate team from the board and got paired with Southend!

Edit: You get tactical suggestions from your head coach now which is new. I remember a few of us requesting this as a feature.

Edited by Vane

Really loving the greyed out effect, so much better on the eye I must say.

8 games in with Chelsea - 5th 😬 but I absolutely love the challenge, am no way complaining.

So just bought Harry Kane for £129mil plus Hudson Adoi ...wanted Suarez initially but he failed a medical.

First impressions of the game, very very good indeed, seriously impressed, I’ll be back at the end of my first season to give an update!