Way too many goals from balls over the top

Have finished two seasons now and noticed a recurring trend. There are way too many goals from balls over the top or behind the defence. Easily more than 50% of the goals scored in my game (by both me & the opponent) come in this manner. 

I don't have any specific pkm to upload as it's more of a trend but I can find a few games where there's 3-4 goals like this. It shouldn't be so easy to get in behind. IRL you won't see that happening in every single game. 

It seems like the defenders mark the strikers tight and push higher up, which means that any striker with good pace can easily get in behind and get a run on his marker. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this. 

On 17/11/2020 at 05:12, karanhsingh said:

Have finished two seasons now and noticed a recurring trend. There are way too many goals from balls over the top or behind the defence. Easily more than 50% of the goals scored in my game (by both me & the opponent) come in this manner. 

I don't have any specific pkm to upload as it's more of a trend but I can find a few games where there's 3-4 goals like this. It shouldn't be so easy to get in behind. IRL you won't see that happening in every single game. 

It seems like the defenders mark the strikers tight and push higher up, which means that any striker with good pace can easily get in behind and get a run on his marker. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this. 

Morning,

I'm affraid that i didn't notice this in my save with ROMA side; seen few long balls over the top for me (and only when playing a standard / lower defensive line that allow my opponent to get out its stubborn defensive side), but none against me so far, as i would say i am quite concerned not leaving too much space behind my defensive line. Although DZEKO is my main scorer (as a TM/A), is not the only one, as PEDRO showing valuable in the exercise as for WILSHERE or CRISTANTE ... having a tougher time with Myki who's not been very lucky efficiency wise ... 

Of course that's my insight and i admit that your experience might be different ... 

Edited by keysea

On 17/11/2020 at 04:12, karanhsingh said:

... upload those pkm’s then. Back these reports up with pkm’s or else this is just a rant and will be discarded. Even if you don’t think it’s a massive issue, if something is reoccurring and you don’t feel it’s realistic whack a pkm up with your concerns :thup:

Playing as Brann and my friend is Viking in the Norwegian league and I must say that most of the goals I conceed are long balls over the top. 

Their keeper kicks it out to their striker who is instantly in a 1on1 with my last defender and usually runs through for an easy 1v1 with the keeper.

I have been conceding maybe 60% of the goals like this.

9 hours ago, Jemal Wiseman said:

If your noticing a trend, please upload your PKMs.

Otherwise it is useless to us as our developers cannot further inspect the issue. 

Also we cannot report bugs off of someones opinion. We need the in game proof. 

Cheers! 

I'm also conceding a surprising number of goals to balls over the top, although I tend to play with a high line, so my tactics certainly could be contributing. In terms of PKMs, for something like this are you just looking for PKMs of games where a team scores this kind of goal? Or would you prefer, say, ten sequential games even if only one or two of the games feature such a goal?

Edited to add: I should clarify that the real issue is the number of chances being created from long balls to an isolated striker -- once the striker gets into a one-on-one, the conversion rate feels about right.

Edited by eotinb

I've noticed this too mate. My example is Adam Armstrong of Blackburn Rovers. I'm playing as Preston North End & I watched Blackburn's last home match before we played them (the opposition played a 442 formation) & he scored a goal with a long ball over the top. I know that he has great pace & is very tricky for a defender 1 v 1, so I decided to play 3 centre halves, the centre one on cover & 1 of them set to man mark him (Ben Davies). He scored 2 goals for Blackburn v us & both the goals were from balls played over the top. I know he's a fantastic player in the championship & was bound to cause problems, but I was quite disappointed that my plan was pretty much useless. Sorry to moan on. I'm still loving the game & am very grateful for it 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Still present in last version. Doesnt matter where the defense line is, or if there some offside game or not. I know its not early beta but its the topic that i found that has the same problem as me. i´ve won 6-1 with 2 goals like this. and lost 6-4 with goals like this to the AI and me. If you're not lucky, it can make the game unplayable

Edited by mau5head