The Liverpool Thread 05/06 - Former Champions of Europe

Justified

As long as Rafa doesn't sign Ballack, I'm happy..

I'm from Austria and see a lot of German football, and Ballack is just so dislikable, he shouldn't be part of the Liverpool squad, he should go to Man U or something icon_biggrin.gif

Plus he wasn't really that good over the last few months, I mean I do not doubt his football or technical skills but he's not THAT good.. and he's far too less working IMO, we've got some better ones with Steven, Xabi and especially Didi icon_smile.gif

• Replies 40.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Figo Reds move still possible

by Ben Blackmore - created on 13 Jul 2005

Luis Figo's 'dream move' to Liverpool could still happen, according to the Portuguese legend's agent, Louis Douens.

Figo has pleaded with Real Madrid to allow him to move to Anfield, but the Spanish giants are demanding a fee for the 32-year-old.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is becoming increasingly frustrated with negotiations for Figo, with the Spaniard admitting earlier this week: "Figo will be difficult. At this moment it is really difficult."

Figo is now expected to fly out with the rest of the Madrid squad to the USA on Thursday, marking a potential end to Liverpool's interest as they try to wrap up their transfer dealings by the end of the week.

However, Figo's agent Douens refuses to give up on the possibility of a move to England.

"Liverpool have shown the most interest but they won't pay a fee for him and Real won't accept this," revealed Douens.

"However, I wouldn't rule out the option of a last-minute move to England."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

one fluke of a European cup win and you've all gone utterly and deliciously giddy icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's like 1999 all over again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

I can't really understand what that says except that I'm a ringleader?

do I get a liverpool top hat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can be the badgeman. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

For me, Cisse's effort in games isnt up to scratch tbh. Occasionally he looks pretty disinterested but hopefully Carra will sort him out in good time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

utter rubbish we have not seen the best of him yet ffs the bloke is lucky to still be playing how you can say he does not put the effort in is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JK Galgreefe:

one thing that struck me last night was that for a top-ish Premiership side we had no players with any real pace until Cisse and Gerrard came on.

if you look through our entire squad, there's not too many players with much of a turn of speed. Riise's quick but doesn't have the greatest acceleration. FSP will have lost a yard or two after his cruciate injury. Alonso, Hamann, Carragher, Finnan are all decent over ten yards but aren't so hot at anything further than that. Didn't Zenden used to be renowned for his pace in his Barca days? What the hell happened?

hopefully Gonzalez will provide an injection of pace, but he's had a cruciate injury too. icon_frown.gif that's why i think our new right winger, should we get one, needs pace, acceleration, agility in abundance.

on another note, though, did anyone think Potter did well when he came on? He looked a lot more dynamic on the right than Garcia had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still not convinced on potter and don't believe he'd hold up in the prem let alone the champs league proper.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Los Rojiblancosâ„¢:

CaptMarvel whats with the cisse bashing? give the guy a break, he fought his socks off to come back from a nasty injury early because his determined to prove his worth to the club.

He has not had a sustained consistent run out in the team to allow him to get into a rythme. Playing on the wing hasn't helped matters, it just ain't fecking right.

His young and with guidence he'll become top draw. All this knocking of cisse is seriously annoying icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif don't we give people a chance no more or do we write them off when they haven't had a sustained run in the team.

I'm mean if the club is gonna give kewell chance after chance each season then they can damn well give cisse a chance.

Owen this owen that, he ain't the answer to our fecking problems icon_mad.gificon_smile.gif theres a fundamental problem with the team as a whole, we lack serious creativity and width, the pish poor service to the front men has been a cronic problem even when owen was around. These are things that need sorting. Cisse won't shine with sh!te service.

Mon the Cisse icon_cool.gificon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It give me no pleasure in saying it but the guy aint good enough, and while he our main striker we will not be good enogh either icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony7:

Owen left Liverpool on the eve of the season after saying for 2 season there is no rush in signing athe contract.

Liverpool were forced to accpet a small bit on the eve of the football season because he was in his final year and left because he wanted to win trophies.

I guess an FA Cup, Worthington Cup, Uefa Cup, Super Cup oh and a European Player of the Year were not enough. If the game wanted to move abroad why did he not say sooner so we could have got a decent fee rather than saying I might stay I might go I'm not sure etc.

I would give him a polite clap when he returns to Anfield but chanting his name and heros welcome I dont think so. I would be happy if he came to Liverpool for a sensible price but on the other hand I am glad we can spend the money on improving other areas and Owen the man who thought he was too good for Liverpool has to sign for a team who are not in Europe have not been in Champions League for so many years and not won a trophy for god knows how many eyars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow i cant beleive i am agreeing with tony but you have got it spot on although i didn't want him back at any price. He messed us around for 2 seasons over his contract & now he has realised the grass is not greener we are to welcome him back with open arms Newcastle are welcome to him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dominik:

Wtf was the negotiation like, Liverpool are ********.

L: 15 million.

B: No.

L: OK we'll give you 3 million more.

B: 2 million more and he's yours.

L: Oh feck of greedy ****! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't just up the cash by 5m euros at the drop of a hat ffs, we're not Chelsea.

Even so, its not just 1 or 2 failed transfers, its season upon season of crap. Player contracts not being signed, paying way over the odds for players we want. Parry ifffffffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Can't believe Spurs got Rasiak icon_frown.gif

He's ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are complaining about his signing as well in spurs thread icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissybabe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

You only have to look at the last 5 years Roji. The way they allowed players like McManaman and Owen to run down their contracts instead of shipping them out earlier or sitting them down earlier. The way we've needed players in the same 2 positions for about 4 years and still haven't signed anyone. The way we had 2 months to sign players for those positions before the transfer window closed, but decided to pursue Owen, and leaving the important signings far far too late.

They run the club well, but the management of contracts and buying/selling players leaves a lot to be desired IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i agree with you.

My uncle has been saying this for years and I'm starting to believe him, Liverpool are never going to get a world-class player in. A 'big name' whatever you want to call it, we just can't seem to do it. Maybe that's down to the current board and Rick Parry etc., I don't know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres no lack of quality players wanting to join us, Joaquin comes out and says it, Figo says it, Simao jumps at the chance to move. We're not signing these players though. It took us almost 3 years just to get Cisse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JK Galgreefe:

yeah, los gets an ®, stadler gets lorded, gamesrater got his name changed (albeit temporarily), where's mine ffs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only had a few hours without this name icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Suffice to say i step down from doing the match threads.

But if Rafa conitnues to play the 4-5-1 we have been playing then he should step down too. After going in 2-1 down at half time, our only chance coming from a corner, we created very little, Crouch looking completely isolated.

I thought Benitez dropped some massive clangers, bringing Hamann off for Sissoko, sure, a like for like substitution is gonna swing it our way, playing Riise in the defence and pushing Traore onto the wing, great stuff, he can dribble and pass can't he, bringing Cisse on in the last 10 minutes, class, well done Rafa, RAFA WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO REALISE WE HAVEN'T THE PLAYERS FOR A TEAM THAT CAN WIN PLAYING 4-5-1.

He wants focking by all the black players in our team.

Chasing Owen instead of a CB or winger. FFS.

Hyypia was terrible today as was Traore. Would love to see Traore's passing stats. Garcia anonymous again.

icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

That penalty is the only terrible one Cisse has taken. Most others have been pretty good as far as I can remember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was exactly the same as his istanbul pen tbh, he's been rather lucky with them so far, puts them too close to the middle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissybabe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Afternoon nap again ffs? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were too busy making sure you can sexually abuse someone on Saturday icon_mad.gif

The thread is more important than your sex life </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its called priorities ffs. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

with regards to darren bent leaving ipswich, someone had to be sold or ipswich would have gone under.

there was no firm, big-money interest in anyone except darren bent, and that was only from charlton, at the time.

my mate's an ipswich fan, he was really gutted about the whole thing, since a season or two earlier there had been quite a few clubs after bent, ourselves included.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony7:

Games in hand are against Sunderland and Arsenal both at home.

I am gutted but at least we are getting there we are no longer miles away from being a team to chellenge we just need strikers.

The first goal was JAR fault as gerrard said to him before the corner came over stick with Gallas he's your man but he let him go and chose to attack the ball along with the rest of the defenders.

I would sell Cisse, Warnock, Traore, Nando and Crouch and bring in 2 left backs, 2 left midfielders on 3 strikers.

Can't believe the forwards we have cost £29 million. I thought nando would do well as he has a good international record and did so well at Monaco. I thought Cisse with his pace and an international keeping Anelka out of the international squad must ne good especialy as Barcelona wanted him as soon as he signed for us.

Crouch I thought he would do well but he can't seem to direct his headers icon_frown.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Other game in hand is Charlton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sure? I remember we were due to play Sunderland at home but we were in japan and due to lay Arsenal but had to play Champions League qualifier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We played the blackcats on 20 Aug and 30 Nov, 2005.

What channel are we on tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know we're not on Sky (Wigan-PP saturday though. & Arsenal match i assume on SS1)

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jhype2002:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joshyboy1984:

Steven Gerrard, not only the best midfielder on the planet but also a superstar dj icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif Thats where I work. Was unfortunatly on the bar downstairs that night </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does Stevie pop in Garlands often then?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shonte:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

He's almost up to the unimaginable level of your own resident lumbering titan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you are savouring this moment.

When Henry f*cks off next season and you're having to banter with Villa and Boro fans about who's gonna nick the last Eufa cup place you'll be dreaming about the days when the mighty 'Pool fans acknowledged you. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've acknowledged me then?

Aw shucks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

REDS WANT RAUL

The Daily Mirror think that Rafa Benitez wants Raul to spearhead a new-look Liverpool strike force next season - and he believes Real will let the player leave for nothing. Benitez apparently intends to lose Djibril Cisse, Fernando Morientes and Robbie Fowler in the summer - keeping only Peter Crouch - and believes that Real president Fernando Martin will allow the Spanish club's homegrown crowd favourite to leave on a free. If Liverpool did not have to pay a transfer fee, they would be able to afford Raul's £112,000-a-week wages - and the 29-year-old has known Rafa Benitez since the Liverpool boss was in charge of Real's B team in the 1990s... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mind you this is the mirror, but i'd be furious with rafa if we went for raul. He'd be a mori mark 2 except he'd be even worse and won't score a single goal. His been utter rubbish for a few years now, fat ron would be a better investment than the rubbish that is raul.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

I don't know why I'm posting it here, but it's the only place I can remember Aguero's name being posted lots

In a lightning-quick operation, Atlético Madrid took control of the future of Argentinian football. Aguero, who is yet to turn eighteen, will be a Rojiblanco next season after agreeing an eight-year deal that Gil Marín closed with his club, Independiente.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

€20m is the bandied about fee, that there roughly translated from http://www.as.com/futbol/as/clubes.php?competicion=0321&ideq=42 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahaha, At. moving real fast there.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

frail icon_biggrin.gif brilliant, biggest troll on the board? Nah mate, no chance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what's actually brilliant is that right when I read this post, "don't talk about my moms, yo" played off of my madvillain's "all caps" track.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Filip Smet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moonie:

right, I'm a complete tit, after looking through the schedule more carefully, I won't miss anything if I switch back and forth between itv and bbc, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right.

Gelukzakken! wij hebben hier geen ITV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

brugge is icon14.gif

Archived