[FM21] Adam Idah

ForrestGrump

When you begin a save with Derby County in FM21, this is what you're met with:

• A transfer budget of £0
  • A wage budget of £0
  • 5 first team players out with major/moderate injuries
  • A team full of youngsters with very little experience and old men who perhaps should have retired by now

It's pretty bleak. There are definitely harder teams to manage, but unless you can shift some deadwood then don't expect to make any permanent signings before January at the earliest. Thankfully, Norwich City threw me a lifeline, and his name is Robert Paulson Adam Idah. He was loan listed at the start of the season and so - given that Derby only had 2 recognised strikers at the club - I decided to take a punt on him. The rest, as they say, is history.

Championship: 37 games, 24 goals, 5 assists. Formations used: 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 5-2-3.

A great return in a very uncreative team helped me win promotion to the Premier League by way of winning the Championship. Towards the end of the season, after the board had finally given me some money, I signed him for £14.5m

Premier League: 31 games, 27 goals, 5 assists. Formations used: 4-2-3-1, 5-2-1-2, 4-4-1-1.

Ridiculous numbers for someone with modest stats who is still "operating at Championship level", helping me get Derby to 6th in the Premier League in our first season after promotion. 2 goals on the final day of the season meant he finished above Callum Wilson in the scoring charts and won the Golden Boot. 

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 18.06.30.png

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 14.42.36.png

Edited by ForrestGrump

I play a Norwich City game on every version of FM and he always seems to perform well. I don't think his ceiling is particularly high, but because of his physicals he's always done a really good job for me. Will be interesting to see if he develops any better in this edition of FM, looks like he's doing brilliantly for you though. What role(s) are you playing him in?

6 hours ago, Sean3h said:

I play a Norwich City game on every version of FM and he always seems to perform well. I don't think his ceiling is particularly high, but because of his physicals he's always done a really good job for me. Will be interesting to see if he develops any better in this edition of FM, looks like he's doing brilliantly for you though. What role(s) are you playing him in?

I mainly use him as an AF with no additional player instructions. I had a stint playing him as a CF (a) that started really well, but after he came back from an injury he didn't score for four games. When I moved him back to AF he scored 4 against Southampton and 3 against Wolves in consecutive games, so I think I'm gonna leave him there!

He absolutely killed me on FM20 on my Reading save as Norwich alongside ourselves became pretty established top half Prem teams. Didn't do him any harm having Buendia in support either.

Certainly looks in interesting prospect. I'm surprised and impressed that Norwich loaned him to a team in their own league.