FM21 LIVERPOOL - PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Staf9

On 01/01/2021 at 02:35, EnigMattic1 said:

Trent at CM is my endgame. To be totally honest, as soon as I have a RB I am happy with, Trent will be a midfielder. I am only in the first season, but I am not actively trying to convince Gini to stay and, for the right price, Ox can go too. I aim to have both Jones and Trent as my 2 CM eventually. 

Max Aarons?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

Max Aarons?

One of a handful on my shortlist at present. Ideally, I want someone English, but that may prove to be a little too expensive. However, Neco has always done a job when I have played him there, so I may be able to get away with signing a backup for him instead.

15 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Can’t wait to use Davis & Kabak in the new update gee not much activity on here 

Guess Liverpool are too stacked/easy to play with, pity cause they have an interesting squad and Jones is a future beast.

On 08/02/2021 at 16:12, EnigMattic1 said:

One of a handful on my shortlist at present. Ideally, I want someone English, but that may prove to be a little too expensive. However, Neco has always done a job when I have played him there, so I may be able to get away with signing a backup for him instead.

Frimpong from Celtic or Passlack from Dortmund are good options that won't cost you a fortune. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2021 at 13:57, krisdonna said:

Do you guys always keep Salah & Mané or do you sell them as they age?

i'm starting my 4th season and still have both. thought i was going to losa Mane as he only had a year left and didnt want to sign but after the season started i got him on a new deal

3 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i'm starting my 4th season and still have both. thought i was going to losa Mane as he only had a year left and didnt want to sign but after the season started i got him on a new deal

Good to know, how do they perform for you? 

11 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Good to know, how do they perform for you? 

salah is THE BEAST, over the 3 full seasons he has been my PL top scorer and finished every season as the top assist in the league

Mane does decent numbers but Mo is unreal, in season 3 Haaland outscored in overall but mo still put up 30+ goals & 20+ Assists in all comps

at the start of my 4th season and i've only actually changed 3 of my main starters from S1. 

Allison, Trent, Gomez, VVD, Robbo, Fabinho, Camavinga, Szobozslai, Mane, Salah, Haaland is my starting 11. most of my changes have been to the squad to improve backups or bring in ones who are happy being squad men. 

Kelleher, Hoever, Christensen, Gvaridol, Nianzou, Tymon, Rovella, Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Sancho, Musiala, Firmino, Elliot and a few regens now make up the squad

On 10/02/2021 at 22:52, krisdonna said:

Guess Liverpool are too stacked/easy to play with, pity cause they have an interesting squad and Jones is a future beast.

It's looking like FM22 will be the best game to start a Liverpool save with a potential rebuild needed.

going to start a new save myself even tho i'm enjoying the current one. might look at developing a new tactic to change from my 433. with moukoko now in the game and waiting Haaland i might try to get a 2 striker tactic going

I’m just starting my first FM save in probably about 2 and a half years. Anything new I should know? I’m trying to recreate this 433 formation with 3 shadow strikers that I did on FM16 I think, and I just had the best time with it. The football was such fun to watch and so different to any other formation I've ever used on an FM. Absolute chaos, but I was just getting so many runners in behind and absolutely battering some of the best teams.

Can you eventually convince Wijnaldum to sign a new deal over the course of the season, or am I best off selling now? Think I'm going to sell Adrian and Origi too, and probably Chamberlain when he is fit. How much are people getting Haaland for (presumably that’s at the end of 20/21?) Anyone had any luck getting Mbappe? I usually avoid the obvious players, but being away from FM for a while (and Liverpool doing irl what they are!) I quite fancy taking the easy route for my first save back :)

Edited by -Nelly-

started a new save and got up to the end of October. top of the league unbeaten and only conceded 3 goals. have lost a group game in the CL to Gladbach after heavily rotating. new tactic is working well after a little tweaking, instead of a high paced pressing game i've changed to possesion based and slowest tempo. 

Mo Salah is scoring for fun and i have both fullbacks hitting 5+ assists so far

will still plan ahead to clear out the dross in the squad. Naby will go as well as he's always getting injured

On 24/02/2021 at 11:58, Staf9 said:

started a new save and got up to the end of October. top of the league unbeaten and only conceded 3 goals. have lost a group game in the CL to Gladbach after heavily rotating. new tactic is working well after a little tweaking, instead of a high paced pressing game i've changed to possesion based and slowest tempo. 

Mo Salah is scoring for fun and i have both fullbacks hitting 5+ assists so far

will still plan ahead to clear out the dross in the squad. Naby will go as well as he's always getting injured

I have been planning a clear out for after this update ever since we started to struggle. For me, it will be Adrian, Karius, Matip, Ox, Shaq, Origi and Gini to start with (I've never had a problem with Naby and injuries). Yes, there is the chance that Gini will be interested in a new contract, but I'm still planning for life without him. 

I don't see Davies being more than a backup/cup starter, so a new cb is top of the list, along with a keeper who could push Alisson. Edwards is someone I always look to bring in to replace Shaq, but with Ox and Gini going, I will probably look to bring in a youngster to provide cover as, eventually, I will have Jones and Trent in midfield (if I had £1 for every time I've said that in this thread, I'd be loaded). 

5 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I have been planning a clear out for after this update ever since we started to struggle. For me, it will be Adrian, Karius, Matip, Ox, Shaq, Origi and Gini to start with (I've never had a problem with Naby and injuries). Yes, there is the chance that Gini will be interested in a new contract, but I'm still planning for life without him. 

I don't see Davies being more than a backup/cup starter, so a new cb is top of the list, along with a keeper who could push Alisson. Edwards is someone I always look to bring in to replace Shaq, but with Ox and Gini going, I will probably look to bring in a youngster to provide cover as, eventually, I will have Jones and Trent in midfield (if I had £1 for every time I've said that in this thread, I'd be loaded). 

with Naby he is picking up a few little knocks for me in game and IRL i'm sort of fed up with him. 

i'd have much the same list for clearing out at the end of season 1. Gini while i got him to sign a contract in my previous save i may let him go for free this time. i dont think i'll complete a deal for Kabak either. one to watch for it Christensen with Chelsea. he was available on a loan to buy for my in my previous save. definitely a good option to give you a top CB who's also Homegrown

15 hours ago, br1an13 said:

vvd wasn't injured for me and i'd been hoping to start an lfc rebuilding with loads of injuries challenge

anyone know of editors that have just the injuries up to date? 

Oh god. Don't start me in injuries. My squad is almost as bad as in real life, and I'm not even out of pre season yet! 

My aim is to buy very little in the first season, sell the deadwood and build before the second season. 

On a side note (and not directly related to FM21 at least), with Billy Beane and his buddies around 6wks away from owning 10% of Liverpool, do you think we will have a bit of a decent budget going into the 21/22 season? 

11 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Oh god. Don't start me in injuries. My squad is almost as bad as in real life, and I'm not even out of pre season yet! 

My aim is to buy very little in the first season, sell the deadwood and build before the second season. 

On a side note (and not directly related to FM21 at least), with Billy Beane and his buddies around 6wks away from owning 10% of Liverpool, do you think we will have a bit of a decent budget going into the 21/22 season? 

I can't see Liverpool having a budget at all. Simply sell to buy. Liverpool is value at around $7 billion. They are buying 10% so I can't imagine their $750 million making any real difference. 

10 hours ago, jmc1980 said:

I can't see Liverpool having a budget at all. Simply sell to buy. Liverpool is value at around $7 billion. They are buying 10% so I can't imagine their $750 million making any real difference. 

Do you think though, knowing what Billy Beane is known for, there may be a little more emphasis on Moneyball going forward? 

Personally, I like the concept, and the whole analytics side fascinates me, but can a team at the top level really pull it off? 

Look at Brentford. They always seem to come up just short. But, on the other hand, they don't struggle financially. (Yeah, I know this went completely off topic. Sorry) 

On 26/02/2021 at 18:14, EnigMattic1 said:

Does VVD start injured on this update? I've seen posts on Facebook where some say he starts injured and others say he doesn't. I'm not complaining as he didn't start injured on mine. 

if he did start injured i would probably edit it out (both him and Joe are fit on my new save) if the player got injured 5-10 games into the season IRL i wont carry the injury into my save. 

45 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

if he did start injured i would probably edit it out (both him and Joe are fit on my new save) if the player got injured 5-10 games into the season IRL i wont carry the injury into my save. 

Honestly? VVD and Gomez are probably the only decent centre backs we have. I, personally, find Matip too injury prone, Kabak is hit and miss and Davies isn't really anything more than a backup/cup player (plus, Rhys Williams looks like he will easily be better). I still haven't found an ideal candidate to come in and push Gomez for a starting position yet though. 

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Honestly? VVD and Gomez are probably the only decent centre backs we have. I, personally, find Matip too injury prone, Kabak is hit and miss and Davies isn't really anything more than a backup/cup player (plus, Rhys Williams looks like he will easily be better). I still haven't found an ideal candidate to come in and push Gomez for a starting position yet though. 

yeah i've always done that with my saves. game comes out in November but includes an injury received in October from the start of the season. i remove it. if VV got injured in Game 1 or preseaason i wouldnt touch it. 

i always look to sell Matip for the same reason. i wont make Kabak's loan permanent either. might keep Davies as 4th choice for season 2 as he gives me HG player while i wait got Gvaridol to be buyable from RBL. i'll try to get Nianzou from Bayern in either on Loan or on a full deal and maybe Papetti. 

Finished my first season on the new save

PL Winners with a record 105 points total. lost 1 game all season to City (35th Game of the season) was so close to a perfect year. 

Fa Cup, lost to city in the final  (same week as the PL loss)

League Cup Winners against City

Champions League Winners beating Juventus in the final 4-1. 

Overall quality first season. 

as i turned off the transfer window from the start and made no signings in January for season 2 i planned a massive clear out of the guys already out on loan and the fringe and injury prone players. 

Gone are Adrian, Karius, Gini, Timiskas, Keita, Ox, Shaq, Origi, Wilson, Grugic and Kabak. still have a few others who may go

Ins - 

Freddie Woodman, nice cheap signing for back up keeper who gives a HG status as well

Hoever, always try to bring him back as trents back up. 20m worth it

Josh Tymon, LB cover and HG status for under 3m. no brainer. well balanced stats even if his PA is not the highest he performs brilliantly

Tanguy Nianzou, Loan deal with 17m option to buy. potential beast of a CB

Sandro Tonali, finally got my man, couldnt get him on previous save as milan made deal permanent but i moved early in the window here to get him for around 20m. 

Camavinga, deal totalling 80M with a large part over 3 seasons. 

Haaland, The beast of Strikers, deal totals 123m but hes worth it. Bobby just wasnt scoring and i need to have my striker getting goals

Still working on a deal for Dom Szoboszlai, offer of 80m accepted and waiting on him to confirm the deal. 

only other signing i want now is Sancho but i wont push for it unless someone else bids first. if he does come in i will look to offload Jota as i want Jones and Elliot to get plently of rotation in the AMR/L roles with jones also getting some time in midfield

got Szoboszlai signed up and also went in for Yusuf Demir. Demir didnt get a WP but i still confirmed the deal. want him for season 3 really so i have him loaned out to a higher league so he can get games and hopefully international caps to enable him to get a work permit

46 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I'm looking for a sub keeper. I have narrowed it down to Radu from Inter or Vandevoordt from Genk. Both cost around the same, although Radu is slightly cheaper initially and is about 6yrs older.

radu is quality back up. good balanced stats

23 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

radu is quality back up. good balanced stats

It's annoying. I can't shift Adrian, and I could only get Origi out on a loan to buy. Haven't tried shifting Matip yet, I may wait until someone is interested (which doesn't take long). How do you go about shifting players? 

Just now, EnigMattic1 said:

It's annoying. I can't shift Adrian, and I could only get Origi out on a loan to buy. Haven't tried shifting Matip yet, I may wait until someone is interested (which doesn't take long). How do you go about shifting players? 

i turn the window off at the start. find it impossible to shift player in the first window on the last few versions. you end up keeping them and if you buy 1 or 2 new guys the others upset the team when they are not played. generally wait until the next summer to try and sell lads. 

if you have a good first season you can get really high fee's for the likes of Shaq, Origi and Ox. always find it harder to move on the players who come back from being on a season loan. Grugic, wislon, awonyi and Taki have been nightmares to get rid of. had to take low fee's on wilson and Awonyi and taki went on loan with obligation to buy. Grugic got annoyed that i was offering him out so i've had to hold onto him for the moment

On 02/03/2021 at 11:10, Staf9 said:

Finished my first season on the new save

PL Winners with a record 105 points total. lost 1 game all season to City (35th Game of the season) was so close to a perfect year. 

Fa Cup, lost to city in the final  (same week as the PL loss)

League Cup Winners against City

Champions League Winners beating Juventus in the final 4-1. 

Overall quality first season. 

Looking to get back into it to take my thoughts away from how we are doing irl. :D

What system did you use? Any specific tips when it comes to formation and roles?

On 05/03/2021 at 12:39, Blinklys said:

Looking to get back into it to take my thoughts away from how we are doing irl. :D

What system did you use? Any specific tips when it comes to formation and roles?

i use a 433 formation. 

Sweeper keeper

both CB's as Ball playing 

RB & LB set as CWB support

DM- DLP Def

CMR AP A

CML DLP Support

AMR/L both inside forward attack

CF complete forward support

play positve. 

i'll try to screenshot it later 

49 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

i use a 433 formation. 

Sweeper keeper

both CB's as Ball playing 

RB & LB set as CWB support

DM- DLP Def

CMR AP A

CML DLP Support

AMR/L both inside forward attack

CF complete forward support

play positve. 

i'll try to screenshot it later 

Thanks! That's close to what I'm thinking of. Did you try Mane as IW?

8 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Do you sell Wijnaldum at the start of the game? Seems he wont sign a new contract as Barcelona and PSG are sniffing.

i turn the window off for the start of my save. you can keep him tho and he normally will sign a new deal during the sseason and then you can sell him after season 1 for 50m or more

14 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i turn the window off for the start of my save. you can keep him tho and he normally will sign a new deal during the sseason and then you can sell him after season 1 for 50m or more

I see, in my save he wouldn't sign a new contract so i had to sell him to PSG for £40 mil.

10 hours ago, krisdonna said:

I see, in my save he wouldn't sign a new contract so i had to sell him to PSG for £40 mil.

when he did in mine it was around December, i had been playing him a good bit as well so he was happy with his playing time

Need some advice. Looking for an AMR to rotate with Salah, and have bids accepted for both Thauvin and Harvey Barnes. Thauvin is cheaper (about 25 mil) and he’s a better player. Barnes is younger and English, but will cost around 40 mil. However Thauvin wants ca 100k/week in salary and Barnes will ”only” cost around 68k/week. 
Which one should I choose?

(I also have a bid accepted for Buendia but I think those two above are my first choice). 

27 minutes ago, RLC said:

Need some advice. Looking for an AMR to rotate with Salah, and have bids accepted for both Thauvin and Harvey Barnes. Thauvin is cheaper (about 25 mil) and he’s a better player. Barnes is younger and English, but will cost around 40 mil. However Thauvin wants ca 100k/week in salary and Barnes will ”only” cost around 68k/week. 

(I also have a bid accepted for Buendia but I think those two above are my first choice). 

Barnes definitely for me. English with better potential.

11 hours ago, RLC said:

develop harvey elliott imo. Barnes over thauvin though 

51 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

going to start a new save. wasnt feeling that save. had started season 2 but felt i went a bit overboard with buying. feel i got a couple in a season or so too early 

I started a new save and ended up spending 6m on 18 youth players in pre-season. To be fair, there was only a handful of the original u18's that looked any good anyway.