FM21 LIVERPOOL - PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Staf9

7 hours ago, Staf9 said:

there's 3 kids, pino, williams or Serrano i think it the 3rd who all have worldie potential, i just found Pino had more stats that start the same on every save. other 2 must have a good few that start at 0 and get populated per save

He got the best scouting report of the 3, did pay £12.5 so sort of a gamble tho but he has the potential.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Half way through the season and there won't be any doubt that Firmino will be out at the end of the season. zero goals in 17 games, absolute shocking that guy.

Mané (9 goals and 6 assists in 13 games) carries me together with my steady defense.

2021-05-28 (2).png

Edited by krisdonna
used a wrong word

2 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

Actually this is what I thought would happen but just had to wait for his WP. It also means he is currently on a youth contract of 150 quid a week :P

oh nice, maybe he had already signed a deal in mine. get him straight away is the move then

12 minutes ago, krisdonna said:

Half way through the season and there won't be any doubt that Firmino will be out at the end of the season. zero goals in 17 games, absolute shocking that guy.

Mané (9 goals and 6 assists in 13 games) carries me together with my steady defense.

2021-05-28 (2).png

might actually give another save from start of this season a go. 

11 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

might actually give another save from start of this season a go. 

Every game he miss a sitter, his ratings are not that bad but he just can't score to save his life.

17 minutes ago, krisdonna said:

Every game he miss a sitter, his ratings are not that bad but he just can't score to save his life.

for me he gets 10-15 all comps most saves in the first season. had a couple he got 25+ but it was down to the different roles. at times he was getting 3 in league cups games which boosted his overall stats. IRL for me he's finished as a starter, need a proper number 9

2 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

for me he gets 10-15 all comps most saves in the first season. had a couple he got 25+ but it was down to the different roles. at times he was getting 3 in league cups games which boosted his overall stats. IRL for me he's finished as a starter, need a proper number 9

For me he is more a cam then a striker, In game i am already sniffing around "the big three" (Kane, Haaland, Lukaku). I am sure those lads would already have +15 goals.

1 minute ago, Staf9 said:

yeah for me its Haaland as my must buy. i try to get Musiala from bayern in too as back up. covers a HG spot as well and cal play off either wing as well

I got Dane Scarlett from Spurs to fill in that role in the future.

16 minutes ago, krisdonna said:

Btw what do you guys think of Malen from PSV? He is on the transfer list for like £22.5 mil, fairly cheap and HG.

has v good potential but i think he'd suit better as a mane back up than a striker 

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

has v good potential but i think he'd suit better as a mane back up than a striker 

Bought him, indeed he be my back up for mane. I have a hard Brexit so the more HG players the better.

He did score on his debut in a 0-3 victory over Chelsea.

22 hours ago, krisdonna said:

What kind of transfers did you do for season 2?

i generally do a mass clear out for season 2. i dont do a transfer window at the start. 

i find you get a good bit of interest in certain players like Matip and Naby after season 1 so i tend to cash in on them. 

Christensen from Chelsea generally replaces Joel for me. a number 9 with haaland the top target. i try to fill a couple of homegrown slots buy buying back up full backs. josh tymon and bring back hoever

On 25/05/2021 at 01:01, krisdonna said:

He was your first choice?

Yes, I like scouting on stats rather than star ratings or scouting ratings. He had crazy stats in two seasons at Salzburg so I took the risk. He has little potential in my game (3 Stars), well actually, not little, but you know what I mean no wonderkid. Ended up scoring 100 goals for the club in 108 games. Well worth it. 

Not 'technically' the place for this, but does anyone know anything about this kid from Ghana that we have supposedly signed and loaned to Sporting Lisbon (Abdul Fatawu Issahaku)? He isn't in the game, but is rated really highly apparently. 

Edited by EnigMattic1

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Not 'technically' the place for this, but does anyone know anything about this kid from Ghana that we have supposedly signed and loaned to Sporting Lisbon (Abdul Fatawu Issahaku)? He isn't in the game, but is rated really highly apparently. 

very little. apart from him being good in an under age world cup and that he has a powerful shot on him

24 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

very little. apart from him being good in an under age world cup and that he has a powerful shot on him

Yeah, I can't find much on him. I have seen on various sites that we have signed him, but there is nothing on the official Liverpool site. It's a strange transfer. 

21 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Yeah, I can't find much on him. I have seen on various sites that we have signed him, but there is nothing on the official Liverpool site. It's a strange transfer. 

its hard to know whats happening. most of what i've read seems to be coming from reports in Ghana saying we gazzumped Leverkusen at the last minute and that he will go on loan to Sporting for a season and he should get work permit next year

Season Two review

The league was won more easily this time round but we lost both domestic cups in the Final to Man City. They scored the winner in the FA cup final with the last kick of the game :O

One additional signing in Camavinga. Pushed Salah up front and gave Jones and Elliot plenty of starts on the wings.

Made my mind up at the start that I would not buy Haaland so he has now joined Man City for 120million pounds!

besteleven2122.JPG

started a new save, added in the MLS and decided to start from the date of the first MLS game at the end of March 2021. so took over liverpool where they were second behind City after 29 games. had 5 points to make up but had a game in hand and also had to play city. 

won the PL on the last day as we had gotten 2 points ahead of them and we had United away on the last day, a draw was enough to win on goal difference. 

we were already knocked out of the CL and FA cup when i started but we were in the final of the League cup against City which we lost. 

so overall happy with that start and to get the Title which gives us a boost in funds to allow for a major overhaul during the window. 

Transfer Window

outs - Gini (Free), Naby, OX, Shaq, Matip, Origi, Tsimikas, Taki, Wilson, Ojo, Adrian, Firmino which has left me with just over 400m to spend

Ins - Garcia (Free), Haaland, Sancho, Musiala, Camavinga, Moriba, Tonali, Tymon, Hoever, Woodman, Balde, Ahkomach, Christensen. 

massive overhaul but some great deals in there, christensen was listed by chelsea and only cost 20m, Camavinga was 42m with half of that spread over 3 years as Rennes were relegated, Moriba listed for 40m as he refused a new deal with barca (but had to send him on loan as part of the transfer)

5 hours ago, krisdonna said:

What do you all think of Konaté in the game?

his stats are ok but typical of a player sho has missed a large portion of time over the previous year and playing beside a more hyped up defender

On 10/06/2021 at 18:03, Staf9 said:

Transfer Window

outs - Gini (Free), Naby, OX, Shaq, Matip, Origi, Tsimikas, Taki, Wilson, Ojo, Adrian, Firmino which has left me with just over 400m to spend

Ins - Garcia (Free), Haaland, Sancho, Musiala, Camavinga, Moriba, Tonali, Tymon, Hoever, Woodman, Balde, Ahkomach, Christensen. 

massive overhaul but some great deals in there, christensen was listed by chelsea and only cost 20m, Camavinga was 42m with half of that spread over 3 years as Rennes were relegated, Moriba listed for 40m as he refused a new deal with barca (but had to send him on loan as part of the transfer)

How did you make 400m out of those?

Ive decided to close the door on FM 21 as i won everything 6 league titles 4 champions league 2 fa cups 1 league cup & 4 comm shields i might do another save but its unlikely look forward to FM 22 

Edited by glenn28

9 hours ago, jmc1980 said:

How did you make 400m out of those?

Trust me you can get crazy money for Matip, Ox, Shaqiri, Firmino, Keita, Origi.

Matip for example was sold to Real Madrid for £50mil, Ox for £48mil to Barcelona, Shaqiri to Spurs for £55mil, Jota for £50mil to Bayern, Firmino to PSG for £75mil and Grujic to Ajax for £13.5mil. That's £291mil plus my transfer budget from the board. so yes you can get over £400 mil to spend easily.

18 hours ago, Staf9 said:

his stats are ok but typical of a player sho has missed a large portion of time over the previous year and playing beside a more hyped up defender

Did fancy to start over with a transfer update but idk, he doesn't look that great to be honest.

19 hours ago, Staf9 said:

Am I the only person bothered by that? Even Kabak has played more in the same timeframe. And, just for the record, 405 days injured since the 2017/18 season.

Dear Friends,

Finally picked up a copy of FM21 and I'm about to embark on a Liverpool save. What changes to the staff do you guys make at the start of the game. Who you bring in and who do you let go?.

Thanks.

19 hours ago, carlrich1 said:

Dear Friends,

Finally picked up a copy of FM21 and I'm about to embark on a Liverpool save. What changes to the staff do you guys make at the start of the game. Who you bring in and who do you let go?.

Thanks.

Depends on how you want to play. Personally, I gut the scouting staff and bring in better. As you are over the allowed limit, usually, if you give 2 of the worse scouts (usually McKean and Montgomery) a mutual termination, the board often agree to let you have more (26 I think). 

I also try to get the board to increase the number of coaches so I can "better balance the workload". Goalkeeping coaches and fitness coaches are usually my first focus, and then some defensive coaches (Gordon Greer and Tony McAndrew). 

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Depends on how you want to play. Personally, I gut the scouting staff and bring in better. As you are over the allowed limit, usually, if you give 2 of the worse scouts (usually McKean and Montgomery) a mutual termination, the board often agree to let you have more (26 I think). 

I also try to get the board to increase the number of coaches so I can "better balance the workload". Goalkeeping coaches and fitness coaches are usually my first focus, and then some defensive coaches (Gordon Greer and Tony McAndrew). 

Thanks dude

Anyone use the Mega facepack on Sortitoutsi website? If you do, do you have a face pic for Curtis Jones? I've been downloading these packs for the last few years and not once has a face pic been done for Curtis. I don't understand why..

After a ridiculous 40+ year Liverpool career on FM20, including a bonkers 39 league titles, thought I would treat myself in the sale and upgrade to 21.

It's really strange coming back to the original squad. Playing so long on one save you get used to entirely generated players and form a (digital) bond with your created crew. With them being generated, and having overseen the development of every player, it also provides a lot more tactical freedom to explore various formations and styles, freed from the constraints of real world players and our own thoughts and biases around them.

To FM21 then. Similar to @GR3NDALmy initial thought is to revisit an aggressive 424. It is a formation that brought me my highest points tally (107) and regularly scored 130 odd goals a season, although it was always a little suspect defensively and could be carved open in big games.

At the same time, a more humble 442 served me well, providing one of 5 unbeaten seasons and coming with the benefit of role simplicity. One big problem though is that the shape doesn't fit well with the current squad and requires playing a number of key players out of position.

My other main shape is a replication of Klopp's 433. This was how I started FM20, employing Salah and Mane as inside forwards, Firmino pressing up front and the 3 in the middle providing steel and creativity. It was this shape and distribution of roles that lead to 2 unbeaten season in my first 4 and gave us our longest unbeaten league run of something like 86 games. One concern; I ultimately moved away from it after it began to lose its effectiveness,  although that was perhaps a reflection of personnel rather than system.

The beauty of having got so far in the last game is that I no longer feel beholden to any one style or set up. However we embark on this journey, we are likely to evolve and change as the save goes on.

To start with then, I intend to play it safe and utilise Klopp's squad in our traditional 433 and see where the game takes us. No major signings are planned for the first season, outside of a couple of cheap prospects. I do however fully intend to hunt down all of the lesser known players who went on to have stellar careers on FM20 and build myself a squad of wonderkids.

On 18/06/2021 at 04:14, jmc1980 said:

Anyone use the Mega facepack on Sortitoutsi website? If you do, do you have a face pic for Curtis Jones? I've been downloading these packs for the last few years and not once has a face pic been done for Curtis. I don't understand why..

I'm using the cutout megapack and it has faces for pretty much every player at Liverpool 

7 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

Season 3 review

League won easily this time. Finally won the FA cup (first time not facing Man city in the final)

Moukoko and Salah up front are destroying defences!

besteleven2223.JPG

what roles are you playing the 2 ST's and the 2 CM's in??

i usually play a 433 and rarely go with 2cm's or ST's, interested to see the roles?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Anyone still playing?

Just finished my first season and won the treble. Was far too easy so killed any enjoyment. I thought it might be a bit more of a battle which is a shame because I wanted to develop Jones and Elliott. 

1 hour ago, bruffell06 said:

Just finished my first season and won the treble. Was far too easy so killed any enjoyment. I thought it might be a bit more of a battle which is a shame because I wanted to develop Jones and Elliott. 

Yes you win easy with Liverpool but i still feel like i didn't got the best out of certain players so i keep starting a new safe till i am satisfied.