Transfer activity in background and other leagues

For the first time, in order to make FM (19) run a little bit faster, I tried to have only the country I am playing in set to full detail, and then picked quite a few other leagues to be in the background, so I could at least see what is going on there and then later, when I felt like possibly managing in another league, I would add a few other leagues in full.

Normally when I play, I have at least the top leagues in full mode.  Being at the beginning of August in this format though (with just one league in full and others in the background), I have realised there is much less transfer activity going on in general. Usually by this stage there have been some big transfers, but so far the highest transfer overall from anywhere is about 11 million euros.

So my question is, does more transfer activity take place in leagues when you have them in full mode?

vor 26 Minuten schrieb WojciechZed:

For the first time, in order to make FM (19) run a little bit faster, I tried to have only the country I am playing in set to full detail, and then picked quite a few other leagues to be in the background, so I could at least see what is going on there and then later, when I felt like possibly managing in another league, I would add a few other leagues in full.

Normally when I play, I have at least the top leagues in full mode.  Being at the beginning of August in this format though (with just one league in full and others in the background), I have realised there is much less transfer activity going on in general. Usually by this stage there have been some big transfers, but so far the highest transfer overall from anywhere is about 11 million euros.

So my question is, does more transfer activity take place in leagues when you have them in full mode?

transfer activity is accurate as soon as a league/nation is playable. view only is nice to have to see some stats, but not as realistic as it looks. If you select the detail level to full (other Matchengine), there is not a real difference in terms of transfer-activity compared to default. 

Cheers

Daveincid

So you're basically saying you need to have a league set as playable to have a decent amount of transfer activity in it? If you don't select a league or have it running in the background, you get very little transfer activity from that league.

I think I remember having a look at Legia after doing a couple of seasons elsewhere, just out of curiosity to see what players were still there and who they had bought, and their squad was basically the same as at the start. This is troubling that the squads of many clubs from many countries hardly change over the course of many seasons, because you do not have those leagues as playable.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb WojciechZed:

So you're basically saying you need to have a league set as playable to have a decent amount of transfer activity in it? If you don't select a league or have it running in the background, you get very little transfer activity from that league.

I think I remember having a look at Legia after doing a couple of seasons elsewhere, just out of curiosity to see what players were still there and who they had bought, and their squad was basically the same as at the start. This is troubling that the squads of many clubs from many countries hardly change over the course of many seasons, because you do not have those leagues as playable.

yup. They have little transfer-activity when it's not playable. But much less. Usually you will have a lot home-grown squads. So I think you won't notice a big difference at Legia, because they have in reality a lot of polish players.  If you take EIntracht Frankfurt as an example. IRL they have only a few german players. If Germany is not playable, in a few years, this will change quite extreme. I hope you understand my explanation:)

Cheers

Daveincid  

Edited by Daveincid

As far as I am aware using the Retain Players option under the advanced database options at game start-up should make the teams you retain players for more active than they would be under a view-only/unselected league, but not as active as if you selected the league as playable so it should act as a better middle ground if you are unable to run that many leagues.

vor 1 Minute schrieb michaeltmurrayuk:

As far as I am aware using the Retain Players option under the advanced database options at game start-up should make the teams you retain players for more active than they would be under a view-only/unselected league, but not as active as if you selected the league as playable so it should act as a better middle ground if you are unable to run that many leagues.

+1

47 minutes ago, priority76 said:

What is this retain players option? Is it a new thing? As someone who spends a lot of time setting games up I'm curious as to why I've not heard of it before.

It's been in the game for years.

When starting a new game, select Advanced Setup.

Then on the League Select Screen, on the right where you select the Database size select the Advanced option.

You can then add players by Region, Nation or Division.

Then pick the kind of players you want - players based in that area, players of that nationality, players from top clubs, clubs in cont. comps etc...

database.thumb.jpg.4f01c19191a6e43c1185f76c016e9490.jpg

So for example if you Retain players for clubs involved in European Continental Competitions they should be more active then if you had the league on view-only/disabled but will be less active than a playable league. (They should keep their first team topped up and will get some older regens 18-21, but won't get a full class of 16yo regens each year or fill out their youth/reserve teams).

On 22/11/2020 at 10:06, Daveincid said:

transfer activity is accurate as soon as a league/nation is playable. view only is nice to have to see some stats

That is a shame because I suspect most users here don't have machines capable of playing than many playable leagues. I normally select a handful of playable leagues and a handful of view only ones. 

I also noticed that while there are much less transfers in view only leagues, but still some, manager movements are practically non existent in them. I am in the later part of the season and was looking at the manager movements in different nations. There has been quite a bit in the playable leagues. All the view only leagues have had zero.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb WojciechZed:

That is a shame because I suspect most users here don't have machines capable of playing than many playable leagues. I normally select a handful of playable leagues and a handful of view only ones. 

I also noticed that while there are much less transfers in view only leagues, but still some, manager movements are practically non existent in them. I am in the later part of the season and was looking at the manager movements in different nations. There has been quite a bit in the playable leagues. All the view only leagues have had zero.

yup. It seems that transfers need a lot of processing-power. I think SI made it that way to guarantee a decent speed for people with weaker systems. In the end it's quite simple: You want pure realism? load everything to the max.