[England EFL Championship] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Victor Adeboyejo is missing his 18 appearances and 1 goal from a loan spell with Bristol Rovers in 19/20, joined 26/07/19 until 24/01/2020: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49134510

Also made 2 appearances 0 goals for Hastings United after joining on loan 24/09/2016: https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/sport/football/new-trio-set-go-straight-united-squad-1197285

2 minutes ago, Timma said:

Victor Adeboyejo is missing his 18 appearances and 1 goal from a loan spell with Bristol Rovers in 19/20, joined 26/07/19 until 24/01/2020: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49134510

Also made 2 appearances 0 goals for Hastings United after joining on loan 24/09/2016: https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/sport/football/new-trio-set-go-straight-united-squad-1197285

Good spot - cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

- Cardiff City's training ground is set as USW Sports Park, when it's actually The Vale of Glamorgan Training Ground (which does exist in-game). I've seen the facilities at the Vale myself, and the Wales national team and Cardiff Blues rugby also train there, and I'd say it's better than the 'basic' and 'average' ratings it's got at the amount. It's not state-of-the-art but it's definitely better than average.

- The 3 x affiliations with Merthyr, Brecon Corries and KV Kortrijk should be reviewed. I'm not aware of any official or even gentlemen's agreement with Merthyr or Brecon existing in the last 5+ years, and whilst I get the link with KV Kortrijk (Vincent Tan has a stake in both clubs), we shouldn't be set to play a friendly against them each year as that hasn't happened.

- Given Tan owns a controlling stake in FK Sarajevo (see here), perhaps that could be added alongside Kortrijk. Again though, no friendly.

Looks like we have Thailand born Ben Davis (Fulham in FM21), who moved to Oxford this summer, in the database twice.

Use2.png.ed8f1ce41d150daebf8e449953c8ac5b.png

Both Ben and Benjamin are born in Phuket with the same date of birth.

Cardiff City-related

Kieron Evans at Cardiff City has 20 for his left foot and 6 for his right foot, but he's actually right-footed, as shown here: https://twitter.com/KieronEvansx/status/1436342592996794421?s=20.

I realise this isn't yet a data issue, but seeing as he doesn't exit in-game yet, I just thought I'd point out that when right-back Jai Semenyo gets created, he should be set as the brother of Bristol City's Antoine Semenyo (confirmed here by his former manager). This article, and also this one, states he's eligible for England, Ghana and Togo.

Siyabonga Ligendza was born in Swansea (confirmed here).

Chanka Zimba is listed as a central midfielder, but he's actually a striker. He's regularly played there for the U23s, and also in the first team during pre-season. It's confirmed here too. I've seen him play in the AMC role too, but he should be stronger as a striker. He was also reported as a striker when he left Blackburn in Sept 2020. That article says he was born in Zambia, which should be set in-game, along with a second nationality added.

Thomas Davies should have a rating for LWB. He's played there for the first-team during pre-season. He also needs his left foot set as 20 (both feet are currently zero).

Marlon Pack could do with his long-throw rating being increased. He throws them almost as far - if not just as far - as Will Vaulks, and may necessitate the 'long flat throws' PPM.

Will Vaulks loves a pop at goal from distance, so could have the 'shoots from distance' and 'hits free-kicks with power' PPMs added. I wouldn't agree with his current 'dictates tempo' PPM; he's not the playmaker type.

Kieffer Moore has 'shoots with power' as a PPM, but I wouldn't say he looks to shoot with power as much as that would suggest. He's a big guy, so does possess power, but I'd argue he places as many shots as he hits with power, which should probably mean it's removed? He's more than a target man, so could easily have 'moves into channels' added. He's expected to run for Cardiff more, but has done for Wales too. When he managed him at Ipswich back in 2017, Mick McCarthy was quoted as saying he runs the channels.

Sean Morrison has the 'does not dive into tackles' PPM, but I'm not sure he should. I don't think he stays on his feet especially more than other players in his position. Already this season, he made a sliding tackle in the lead-up to our second goal at Blackpool.

Curtis Nelson has a PPM of 'brings ball out of defence'. Admittedly, I didn't see much of him at Plymouth or Oxford, and it could be that Warnock, Harris and McCarthy have coached it out of him, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with him bringing it out if I was his manager - he's not the most technically-gifted!

Joe Ralls has the 'runs with ball through the centre' PPM. He used to dribble with the ball more when he was younger and we played more football, but again, I'd say it's been coached out of him now.

I know he'll be reviewed based on his performances since January, but I think a special mention should go to Tom Sang's technical and crossing ability. They're very, very good. He's so comfortable on the ball at RWB and can really bend a ball in. Very good vision too. Could definitely have the 'curls ball' PPM, maybe even 'crosses early'.

Lee Tomlin shouldn't have the 'shoots with power' PPM. Like Moore, he places just as many - if not more - than he hits with power. He's the type of technical player that doesn't rely on power. He's such an enigma, I think he's the type of player that would benefit most from PPMs. I know it sounds a lot, but I'd say he could have the 'stops play' (if it's relevant for his position), 'plays one-twos', 'plays short simple passes', 'tries killer balls often', 'tries to play way out of trouble', 'likes ball played into feet' and 'likes to beat man repeatedly' PPMs. The less said about his attitude and general fitness, the better!

On 06/09/2021 at 22:54, BluebirdsCCFC said:

Cardiff City's training ground is set as USW Sports Park, when it's actually The Vale of Glamorgan Training Ground (which does exist in-game). I've seen the facilities at the Vale myself, and the Wales national team and Cardiff Blues rugby also train there, and I'd say it's better than the 'basic' and 'average' ratings it's got at the amount. It's not state-of-the-art but it's definitely better than average.

I can agree with this having seen the facility as well. USW Sports Park is the academy location.

Bristol City's Jay DaSilva has Wales as his first nationality in-game, but he's never represented Wales and has instead played for England from U16 to U21 level.

His brother, Cole DaSilva, has represented Wales at youth level, so Jay probably does have eligibility too, but I think it should be on a secondary basis, with England being his first nationality.

Edited by BluebirdsCCFC

Birmingham City's Jordan James is eligible for Wales. He doesn't currently have this set. Given he's involved with a Wales training camp, perhaps it should be Welsh first, English second (assuming he's eligible for England?) Proof here.

Bristol City's Callum Wood is eligible for Wales. He doesn't currently have this set. Given he's involved with Wales U19s, perhaps it should be Welsh first, English second (assuming he's eligible for England?) Proof here.

Bristol City's Harry Leeson is eligible for Wales. He doesn't currently have this set. Given he's involved with Wales U19s, perhaps it should be Welsh first, English second (assuming he's eligible for England?). Proof here.

Stoke City's Edward Jones has England as his first nationality, Wales as his second. He's been involved in the last few Wales U19 squads, so perhaps it should be the other way round? Proof here.

Jordan James is from Hereford. Leeson I think is a Bristol native. There are separate entries in each players profile for declared nation and what nation they represented at youth level so generally I don't think the first nationality needs changing based on youth representation.

There's been a shake up in how national eligibility is handled among researchers this summer so hopefully we'll see fewer Welsh players slip through the cracks in future. Leeson's the only one missing eligibility in the current database.

2 hours ago, BluebirdsCCFC said:

Stoke City's Edward Jones has England as his first nationality, Wales as his second. He's been involved in the last few Wales U19 squads, so perhaps it should be the other way round? Proof here.

Not seeing it mentioned on the link you've provided there.

• 2 weeks later...

Fair play, having looked at the Beta, seems like this is the best Forest data update ever - 

Couple of things I've noticed from quick glance.

Rodrigo Ely has been recovering from an ACL tear through this season and has still not played any competitive football.

Jayden Richardson has no competency at LB, despite playing a lot there in pre-saeason.  He has some LWB competency which is a bit odd.

The big issue I see is that Brennan Johnson is being automatically allocated to a fringe player and in the Under 23 team.   Obviously he is a quality player and one of the top Champtionship talents, so there seems to be some issue affecting his status within the squad.

Fin Back doesnt ever play CB.  Is a central midfielder, converted to RB.  

Under 18 manager Gareth Holmes has left the club, Warren Joyce now running that squad,

Edited by ForestStoney