Regens in small club careers and story.

zoppi_

Hi guys,

in  the latests versions of Football managers, when a youg wonderkid appears in a very small club, he is within 3 months signed  by a big club (Livverpool, Rmadrid, Bayern...etc)

This is never what happens in real life.
when a young player  in a small club show great potential abilities, he is mostly discovered by a club a little bigger near his "homegrown club".

Then he goes to a professionnal club  U21, or reserve team, and then eventually , very big club scout him.

For example, a talent like Haaland was first in Byrne FC, then Molde, then, and Only then Salzsbour has been recruiting him, before going on to Dortmund.

In FM haaland would have made Byrne=> Dortmund... That's not how it really works. There is always at least  one "nearby average club" before going onto a big club.

That was the same For NGolo Kanté,  , or  Mbappé,
even Eden Hazard, despite being son of a professional player did : braine le comte => tubize =>Lille => only then Chelsea
The smaller the first club is, the truest it is... A 14yo kid in a very small club in italian mountains would always be discovered by the a nearby club before going on  a big club.

IRL, most of wonderkids that are signed in by big club, belong to a club that plays first national  division (even if the player hasn't played any 1st division game but have played youth games or reserve games). It never happens that a player in the young team of a  7th national division club is scouted by one top club.

I hope thaht I've been clear enough, despite my english level ;-)

Edited by zoppi_

• 2 months later...