Football Manager 2021 Mobile *Official* Feedback Thread!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
58 minutes ago, chucklehead said:

What do the little stars by some of the names in the squad overview mean? 

A player with a star is a 'star player' - that is the fans view him as such, he might NOT be the best player at the club but he's viewed in a good light by the supporters for various reasons.

For instance Noble at West Ham presently is held in high regard by most supporters because he's been a quality player in his day and loyal to the club ... however he's probably not quite the player today he was a few years ago.

Are Manchester United too good again in the first season? Half way through the season and United are league leaders with the likes of Pogba, Martial and Wan-Bissaka being consistently good rather than inconsistent as in real life. They have better averages than Fernandes and Rashford who are also consistently good. I don’t think the game takes their inconsistency into account properly.

The other teams seem to be performing in line with what I’d expect except for Arsenal who seem to be struggling in the lower half of the table. If things don’t improve, I’m sure Arteta will get sacked.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Seems harsh has one poor game and this happens 

Then tell the media "He's doing fine" ... sometimes they're just looking for a victim and trying to make a story where there really isn't one ...

In the Canadian Premier League a work permit seems to be required for foreign players but that's not the case in real life - a max of 7 foreigners per squad (and only so many on the field at once) , but they can come from anywhere and don't require a work permit. 

3 hours ago, Vane said:

The other teams seem to be performing in line with what I’d expect except for Arsenal who seem to be struggling in the lower half of the table. If things don’t improve, I’m sure Arteta will get sacked.

Arteta is already sacked within a couple of months in my save. Although he got another managerial position after a few days.

Any chance the colours of the subs can be changed to blue (like last year). They are the same as the first XI in this year's game and makes it a little harder to distinguish when wanting to make a quick sub

22 hours ago, casperzwaart100 said:

You do have the option to cancel

No, unfortunately not on match day. You would have to plan ahead then and look at the dates and pay attention to the international call ups.
I would be surprised if even 1% of the player base does that. We click continue and then get the match popping up and see we have no players and no option to cancel.
I guess one option is just to cancel all the friendlies right away. I'll do that from now on.

Maybe I'm an idiot but it took me forever to figure out how to set the corner and free-kick settings. It defaults to penalty taker and there's this little arrow next to it, I thought I could click there to change it to e.g. "corners", or that I should select it from some menu. Then I accidentally tapped the right area in sheer frustration and "a-haaaa" ... :lol:

Could we have a "mirror" button for setting up set pieces? For a mobile game it's kind of a time waste to set everything up for left hand side and then having to do it all again for the right. 

Btw when talking corners – I've set a guy to come short but he doesn't do that. Ever.

Edited by Footix

1 hour ago, Footix said:

Maybe I'm an idiot but it took me forever to figure out how to set the corner and free-kick settings. It defaults to penalty taker and there's this little arrow next to it, I thought I could click there to change it to e.g. "corners", or that I should select it from some menu. Then I accidentally tapped the right area in sheer frustration and "a-haaaa" ... :lol:

Could we have a "mirror" button for setting up set pieces? For a mobile game it's kind of a time waste to set everything up for left hand side and then having to do it all again for the right. 

Btw when talking corners – I've set a guy to come short but he doesn't do that. Ever.

Yep..short corners don't work

On 24/11/2020 at 19:40, Marc Vaughan said:

Condition will be challenging to balance in the first season (players don't enter it quite as fit as they might normally and as in real-life the games fixture calendar is heavy) .. you'll find that you may have to rotate at times to avoid injuries ....  in real-life this is a challenge that managers are having to handle also, certain Liverpool managers have been fairly vocal about such things in recent weeks ;) 

You should find that once reasons are more 'normal' in duration and schedule that will settle down.

So the match engine difficultly hasn’t been altered from FM2020 ?

Edited by JohnyBruce

• SI Staff
54 minutes ago, JohnyBruce said:

So the match engine difficultly hasn’t been altered from FM2020 ?

Not sure what you mean by 'difficulty' - the match engine is the same for any team which plays and it doesn't know any difference between the team teams performing (ie. its not biased towards a particular side, human or otherwise).

In real-life the fixture list is packed and thus hard on players this season.

PS - The game has had very minor tuning for injuries in top-end competitions (ie. Premiership) where they were very slightly too light in the previous edition, but outside of that very little has changed apart from the new tactical stuff which again is 'performance neutral' (ie. depends on what is done with it).

11 hours ago, Footix said:

Agree with this one - although I do love the fact that now I can pick different players for shooting vs crossing set-pieces there are some areas where I would pick the same guys and it would be good to "copy/paste" it.

Loving all the new features by the way!

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Not sure what you mean by 'difficulty' - the match engine is the same for any team which plays and it doesn't know any difference between the team teams performing (ie. its not biased towards a particular side, human or otherwise).

In real-life the fixture list is packed and thus hard on players this season.

PS - The game has had very minor tuning for injuries in top-end competitions (ie. Premiership) where they were very slightly too light in the previous edition, but outside of that very little has changed apart from the new tactical stuff which again is 'performance neutral' (ie. depends on what is done with it).

Thanks Marc, makes sense.

Hadn’t considered the congestion side of things appearing in the game as I assumed it would be set out like FM20, but on reflexion ...if the game is mirroring real life, would make complete sense.

Ps. Absolutely loving the injury prevalence now, thank you so much for tweaking this Marc the game has just tripled in fun 😀👍🏼

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, ShaneMarc said:

Is it only me who's finding it hard to find the affiliate club part? 

What are you finding hard to find? - if you want to gain one then its a board request, if you want to offer a player to an affiliate go 'offer to clubs' and then the move to affiliate is one of the 'transfer types'.

(fi you ARE the feeder club, just make an offer to loan for any of their smaller players)

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

What are you finding hard to find? - if you want to gain one then its a board request, if you want to offer a player to an affiliate go 'offer to clubs' and then the move to affiliate is one of the 'transfer types'.

(fi you ARE the feeder club, just make an offer to loan for any of their smaller players)

Thank you very much! 

Was just looking throughout the club and stuff to see if I could see where mine where and couldnt! 

We need more respect put on Goalkeepers in this game. We need their amount of saves and save% recorded because tbh they don’t get nearly enough justice. They can make 5 saves get up to 9 rating in the first 20 minutes but by the end of the game it goes back down to 7 despite not conceding... it makes no sense. I have enjoyed the improvements made but I still feel you can fix the stutter and lag. Would be nice if OLD players would receive loan offers and they could be accepted. Would also be nice if we could edit set piece and penalty taking attributes 👌

On 24/11/2020 at 22:43, casperzwaart100 said:

Star Player I assume?

I think it means they are a fan favourite. Is their picture box gold when you click on their page? 

EDIT: Ignore me. I see Marc has already answered this above. 

Edited by passenger58

On 25/11/2020 at 07:15, Hitesh said:

Any chance the colours of the subs can be changed to blue (like last year). They are the same as the first XI in this year's game and makes it a little harder to distinguish when wanting to make a quick sub

I agree with this. Having this distinction was really handy and it's not there anymore. 

• SI Staff
Just now, casperzwaart100 said:

Oh weird, wouldn't it be easier to just add fake staff members so I don't have to spend 100k on new staff?

I think that is a fair request - but that might be blocked also (or there might be concerns that people will think its bad research).

For 'flavor' I can add in something about the old staff leaving with the prior manager to give some reasoning behind it ... ?

Just now, Marc Vaughan said:

I think that is a fair request - but that might be blocked also (or there might be concerns that people will think its bad research).

For 'flavor' I can add in something about the old staff leaving with the prior manager to give some reasoning behind it ... ?

That is a great idea actually

How do I do away with all the Google Play login prompts every time I start up the app? 

I've already turned off this setting in the FMM preferences to no avail. 

Do I need to do something in my phone settings to stop it redirecting to Google Play? 

Screenshot_20201127-134044__01.jpg

Edited by passenger58

1 hour ago, bamb00zle said:

@Marc Vaughan

Just want to say I'm mightily impressed with the mobile version this year. The match engine is an improvement on last year and the features are a big step up. Great value for money so hats off all round for a great product.

Only the issue with iPhone swiping but other than that, great job.

Seconded from me too. This year's edition is a massive step up from last year's already excellent release. Loving the new features. Thanks to @Marc Vaughanand the rest of the team.