Peak PA vs PA

j_t_87

i have a player whose potential ability is 168 in the database, and peak pa is 155. In current game, his current ability has risen to 158 and in coach reports it says "he doesnt think he will improve in the future". 

So I'm guessing peak potential ability is the natural peak by playing regularly, while actual potential ability can only be achieved with good form after they reached this peak pa maybe? I'm not sure but just a hunch

13 minutes ago, kenmfssrox said:

i have a player whose potential ability is 168 in the database, and peak pa is 155. In current game, his current ability has risen to 158 and in coach reports it says "he doesnt think he will improve in the future". 

So I'm guessing peak potential ability is the natural peak by playing regularly, while actual potential ability can only be achieved with good form after they reached this peak pa maybe? I'm not sure but just a hunch

Pretty sure you are spot on with that one. I might do some tests cause technically thats pretty huge

Just came in to start a topic about this subject. 

I see a Serbian striker who has 150 PA, but a peak potential ability of 165. So my theory is it can go both ways. If you get him to his usual PA and he keeps improving and playing on a high level, eventually he can reach 165? If so, that would mean a more dynamic PA, which is obviously fantastic! This happens in real life as well. 

I'll do some testing soon and I'll report back, but I'm interested to see what you guys find out. 

First test I did was load up my BETA save and see what impact these things might have. 

I checked the -9 players in the database and most of them have 165 PEAK PA. Now while checking the players in game, I've noticed that nearly all of them are on or below their Peak PA and those who aren't, are just one point above it. So the whole -9 IMO becomes rather pointless as it seems to be capped at 166, while -9 could potentially lead up to a PA of 180. 

As for the peak CA and PA numbers for regular players (without negative PA's), I'm starting to think that those numbers were the highest these players have seen in one of the FM databases of the past. But I could of course be wrong. 

Edited by Piksi#10

vor 1 Minute schrieb MatthewS17:

Last night, on a confusing note, I noticed a player with a PA of 165 or so. His CA was 130 and his peak PA was 135 or something similar I believe. They were very marginal, which does make the idea of peak PA's inclusion rather confusing.

Not at all. Was he already over 24?

56 minutes ago, Piksi#10 said:

As for the peak CA and PA numbers for regular players (without negative PA's), I'm starting to think that those numbers were the highest these players have seen in one of the FM databases of the past. But I could of course be wrong. 

I checked peak CA and PA numbers for some older players and I believe this is spot on. For example, Freddy Adu has a peak CA and PA of 128 and 185 respectively.

Just now, Gum said:

I checked peak CA and PA numbers for some older players and I believe this is spot on. For example, Freddy Adu has a peak CA and PA of 128 and 185 respectively.

Yeah, I think the numbers don't mean anything. I've only simulated one year, but I gave players a lower max PA and a higher PEAK PA with optimal hidden attributes and maxed out CA and nothing is happening. It seems these are just historic numbers that don't change anything in current games. 

The issue I spoke about above also seems to have been fixed. One player who has a PEAK PA of 155 and -9, now has 167 PA in game. So that might have just been a BETA issue. 

• 1 month later...

Is it possible that peak PA f.e. is the highest PA that was ever given to some player in previous iterations of FM? That explanation doesn't work for new players of course or how it relates in game. Would be interesting to know what it means.

edit. just seen that some player  Pa is higher than his peak PA.

Edited by The Threadstarter

3 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

the Peak PA that was ever given to some player in previous iterations of FM

But there is a certain player who had a -9.5 PA on FM20 and he has a peak PA of 

Spoiler

On FM21 when surely 190 would be his peak PA as that's the max range for a - 9.5 PA player.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

2 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

But there is a certain player who had a -9.5 PA on FM20 and he has a peak PA of 

Reveal hidden contents

On FM21 when surely 190 would be his peak PA as that's the max range for a - 9.5 PA player.

Most likely the previous set value PA, the field wont take a -number,    Depends how they imported the info from the data archive they have. 

• 1 month later...

Peak PA is the PA that player had at maximum on previous years. (actually the highest value he had on previous FM games)

For example, a player which was considered on FM 19 as  150 pa, on FM 20 as 145 PA and on FM 21 as 125 PA ; his peak pa will be assigned as 150.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

hi, im currently building a database, and would love some clarification from them devs or someone well versed in this.

Im going to use Arda Guler as an example, he has a -9 rand BUT a peak current of 105 and a PEAK PA  of ..... 247.

Its making me unsure as to what it means and reading in here it seems its still uncertain.

Kind regards