Potential Group Stage Bug?

Guys help me out please - am I reading this Champions League group stage incorrectly?

I am Chelsea, look at my goal difference, shouldn’t I be second 😧

B48702EB-89BF-4499-869A-9C9592139847.thumb.png.99cb58a9720fc2096a846ff8d23cfbf0.png

Edited by JohnyBruce

3 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I think the tie breaker is head to head first

Before goal difference?

I always assumed goal difference was more important than head to head 🤔

This was my understanding of the order but I could be wrong - I have a horrible feeling I’m not though, hope I am.

•goal difference

•scored

•conceded

•head to head

Devs... my apologies ✋🏼
I had absolutely no idea that the Champions League rules were like this, have just read up and yes - so Atalanta beat me twice in that group stage ☝so makes sense.

Ah thanks Frazt mate ...please ignore my clear lack of knowledge here.

Found an article.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5070114/champions-league-sorting-rules-liverpool-chelsea-head-to-head-goal-difference-permutations/amp/

Edited by JohnyBruce

1 minute ago, JohnyBruce said:

Well... that was extremely difficult I must say.

Finished 12th with Chelsea - and strangely I didn’t get the sack either.

CA52FE29-5D4E-4943-A0FA-17C247A531E9.png

You really need to post this in the threads that are saying that game is ridiculously easy

4 minutes ago, JohnyBruce said:

This is my squad, how did I finish 12th 😳

70766BC7-4578-46C8-AC1A-32E6FE46E4B0.png

There will be some who say that with that squad it must be something to do with your tactics- I, of course, couldn't possibly comment;).  Post a thread in the Tactics forum and let the experts have a look at your formation

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

You really need to post this in the threads that are saying that game is ridiculously easy

Ah ok, sorry, will do 👍🏼

I get a cool fuzz effect also when my fingers on the screen and I’m substituting players. Completely superficial though and doesn’t effect the game.

F1AD8D84-7F2F-49E9-8C57-0A5055C35A25.png

DA8CCEA3-FE20-4C78-83EA-49E7C82D860D.png

5 minutes ago, FrazT said:

There will be some who say that with that squad it must be something to do with your tactics- I, of course, couldn't possibly comment;).  Post a thread in the Tactics forum and let the experts have a look at your formation

Literally went through multiple including my favoured 3...

442 diamond

None seemed to influence my team in any way.

Edited by JohnyBruce

5 minutes ago, JohnyBruce said:

Literally went through multiple including my favoured 3...

442 diamond

None seemed to influence my team in any way.

Maybe you need  formation with a DM in it to give some defensive cover to the back 4?

9 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Maybe you need  formation with a DM in it to give some defensive cover to the back 4?

I had Thiago (deep laying) in a 433 then switched to Thiago and Kante (box to box) in a 433, then switched to 442 with either Thiago or Kanta being used in the centre ...was dominated on all occasions.

Just now, JohnyBruce said:

I had Thiago (deep laying) in a 433 then switched to Thiago and Kante (box to box) in a 433, then switched to 442 with either Thiago or Kanta being used in the centre ...was dominated on all occasions.

I am no expert so best to post in the Tactics forum with a view of the formation and player roles with team instructions

• SI Staff

You might find turning on the 'relationships' (bottom left on the pitch) helps you ascertain where players aren't playing well together.

It shows lines between players who do well or badly when paired up - this doesn't 'affect' their performance (ie. its just revealing what is happening and doesn't affect how they behave) ... red lines indicate they don't do well together, green mean they do.

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

You might find turning on the 'relationships' (bottom left on the pitch) helps you ascertain where players aren't playing well together.

It shows lines between players who do well or badly when paired up - this doesn't 'affect' their performance (ie. its just revealing what is happening and doesn't affect how they behave) ... red lines indicate they don't do well together, green mean they do.

Thanks Marc

On 24/11/2020 at 19:45, Marc Vaughan said:

Sorry, Marc. Not sure I understand. 

You said these relationships don't affect performance but the rest of what you say suggests it does. 

Please can you confirm? If it doesn't affect performance, what is the benefit of having that visibility? 

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, passenger58 said:

You said these relationships don't affect performance but the rest of what you say suggests it does. 

The lines shown on the tactics pitch (on pitch relationships) shows where players have played well together in matches previously. It is an informational thing not the cause of them not playing well together.

So it might be that your left back dislikes your left winger and so doesn't pass to him as much, hence he gets a red line because both of them under-perform when paired together ... it might be that your DC is perfectly competent but you're encouraging the goalie to roll the ball out to him and he has 1 for passing and dribbling, hence he has a poor pairing rating with the keeper.

(hopefully that explains things - its intended to make it easier to see where players are/aren't working well together rather than the lines themselves being the cause of that ... hence you might find that tweaking tactics or something else can fix things rather than them just being totally incompatible ... if that makes sense?)

7 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

The lines shown on the tactics pitch (on pitch relationships) shows where players have played well together in matches previously. It is an informational thing not the cause of them not playing well together.

So it might be that your left back dislikes your left winger and so doesn't pass to him as much, hence he gets a red line because both of them under-perform when paired together ... it might be that your DC is perfectly competent but you're encouraging the goalie to roll the ball out to him and he has 1 for passing and dribbling, hence he has a poor pairing rating with the keeper.

(hopefully that explains things - its intended to make it easier to see where players are/aren't working well together rather than the lines themselves being the cause of that ... hence you might find that tweaking tactics or something else can fix things rather than them just being totally incompatible ... if that makes sense?)

OK, thanks. I'll give it a try. 

Haven't seen any relationships displayed yet but I'm still on my first season. 

1 hour ago, passenger58 said:

OK, thanks. I'll give it a try. 

Haven't seen any relationships displayed yet but I'm still on my first season. 

You should see relationships form from the outset, after a few matches at most - I take it you selected this?

CFDC021E-72B7-4496-918A-3BA79EA847EF.jpeg

10 hours ago, JohnyBruce said:

You should see relationships form from the outset, after a few matches at most - I take it you selected this?

CFDC021E-72B7-4496-918A-3BA79EA847EF.jpeg

Yeah I did. I'm only on December though and have used a lot of players so maybe they haven't built up any relationships yet 

17 hours ago, passenger58 said:

Yeah I did. I'm only on December though and have used a lot of players so maybe they haven't built up any relationships yet 

Very odd, relationships good and bad happen on my save from week one or two max