Player not available in drop down menu on Tactics page

Yaksik

I've triple checked to see if I am doing something incorrectly but I dont think so.
I have a player (Ashley Charles) who can not be selected (and does not appear) through the drop down position menu. All filters are off.

Is this unique to this player?

image.png.352a851d322041e90561ef6baa19b82a.png

image.png.1bb5bd41b1796ea7566dbdbf93b8f126.png

image.png.2a85b2a73dfa568c051efb0a28f16442.png

I have the same issue (only players in first XI show in the dropdown menu). It seems to be connected with the save file because if I load older save it works.

I can provide save files before and after this bug appeared if necessary.

EDIT: Added picture - you can see that I have more than three players who can play CM but the drop down shows only those in starting XI.

obrazek.png.c95c2a1f2112afd39b4c28c7a8b2a8b6.png

Edited by xkvicd
Added picture

A little bit more information: It happens after a match - before match everything works, after a match it is broken.

Are there any updates on this? I would like to make sure that it is fixable and I can continue with my save and fix it later.

• SI Staff

Hey guys, we'll need a little more information to try and figure out the issue. Is this happening with players that are definitely in the first team squad? Does this only happen when trying to replace a player in the starting XI? Thanks for being patient with this issue :) 

@Abdullah Patel Thank you very much for looking at this issue:

>Is this happening with players that are definitely in the first team squad?

Yes, I have players in first team which are not in the drop down. However, if I filter players to show also U18 squad they (U18, not first squad) players appear in drop downs. (Picture showing possible replacements with U18 filtered in attached below.)

obrazek.png.8c8925918a1bde23a3df42670b5359f3.png

> Does this only happen when trying to replace a player in the starting XI?

No, it happens with subs too. Pic attached:

obrazek.png.240cd0f98e215164cabb5d5353e08dee.png

Having the same issue, in my case it's most of the team not showing up. Screenshot attached of it not finding the only other goalkeeper in my squad who is fit/registered/available.

If I manually drag the 2nd keeper into position he then shows up in the dropdown. As does the first choice. If I use that to switch them again, 2nd choice vanishes again. Same applies to the subs slots.

Also noticed; The 'Hide Starting XI' filter works as expected when the 'working' player (Miskiewicz) is picked. IE turn on the filter and the dropdown list is empty. If I drag the broken keeper in as starting, the same filter when toggled doesn't hide him, it just shows both keepers. (Until I drag Bell out the team, at which point he vanishes again from the dropdowns)

fmbug.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having this issue too, numerous players not showing available for selection with the drop down. Do you want me to upload my save? 

As others have said, it seems to be players with expiring contracts in the next month. 

Edited by joespa89

Save Uploaded to the 'SI Cloud Service'  - Moyola Park - Tactics Screen Bug.

Players affected:

Lorcan Kerr - RB

Lee McCloskey - LM

Jamie Wilson - ST

Johny McCullough - CB

May be more but they are the ones iv noticed. Thanks

Edited by flase9
More Details

• SI Staff

Thanks for the save @flase9, looking into the save I think it's because the four in question have expired youth contracts which would fit into the expiring contract scenario. Contracted youth players ought to be showing. If anyone has noticed a situation where there are longer term contracted players not showing, then could you upload a save and tag me please.

I am also having this problem.

In the screenshot below, I have 6 first team players who can play centre defence but only 3 are selectable when clicking on the position in the tactics window.

The 3 players not showing (Diarra, Robson and Walton) contracts expire in 6 weeks time (currently in my save it's May but their contracts expire end of June). It is the same for other players whose contracts are expiring at the end of the season - so I am guessing it is to do with that. 

The players can be selected by selecting the players individually but because they're still under contract and playing for the club they should be shown in the position selection window.

image.png.eb926a2af31a0b1a887d0f943325f041.png

Edited by Tim Southampton Rover

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen Programmers,

When will you finally do something about this error? I am with you and I buy each edition from CM01 / 02, with each subsequent edition there are more and more errors, and this particular one makes the game at the end of the season practically unplayable for advanced players!
The bug report was on November 24, it's been 2 months, and what did you do about it? Absolutely nothing...
When will something change to solve the problem ?!

I am asking for an urgent reply to my inquiry.

Colleagues,

does it just bother me? No one else has commented on this issue lately. There is also no answer from SI Games. Please add your opinion on this topic, what do you think? It is thanks to us and our purchases that the company exists and it cannot be that it does not react to a serious problem with gameplay!

Best Regards,

Jarek Dąbrowski from Poland