Manchester United - Brexit

gadedk

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacked!

Before the 2020/2021 season, Manchester United have decided to sack the former United player, Ole Solskjaer. The fans of Manchester United have been unhappy for a while with him, but clearly, the board of United ended up feeling the same way, leaving no other choice for the club.

Now is this a big question, who is gonna replace Ole Solskjaer?
The whole nation is about to suffer from Brexit with now rules for the Premier League, making it harder to buy foreign players out of the United Kingdom. Many sources are saying the club is in talks with former Tottenham manager, Mauricio Pochettino. 

Edited by mark wilson27

Welcome to my first blog in FM21!
I will try to win everything with my beloved Manchester United, but!
There are some certain rules, so I don't just win everything in the second season. I have made some rules about Brexit, I'll maybe add more rules on the way. It's just nice to have some rules from the start, I'm thinking of going 100% British after the 3 seasons. After the first season, I will take a look at my rules and see if the game is too easy or too hard!

Because it's very hard to sell and buy players at the start of the game, we will see how tough the challenge is right from the start!

Brexit rules

•   You have 3 seasons to get used to new rules

•   British players are players from England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland

•   From 2023/2024 shall all rules reply to the save

1.   There can only be 3 NON-Brexit players on the field at the same time (after the first season this will go down to 2)

2.   There can only be 5 NON-Brexit players in the squad (After the first season this will go down to 3)

3. You can choose to only have Brexit players in the squad

Challenge

•   Choose any team in England or another of the 4 nations

•   You have to win the Premier League and Champions League with these rules

•   You can add more rules underway, to make the save even harder

Rules

•   You play with the latest patch

•   No cheating OFC

•   Challenges are for the real gentleman, so no use of the editor, in-game editor, scouting program, downloaded tactics, and so on.

Edited by mark wilson27

Mauricio Pochettino could not get his work permit in order since he has been home in Argentina after getting sacked at Spurs. That means Manchester United had to look elsewhere and instead inside the United Kingdom. So for the being, Michael Carrick will take over as caretaker at the moment.

Edward Woodward – Executive Vice Chairman and Director

"Because of the new rules regarding Brexit, we can't just hire any manager we want from another country. Lucky for us, we have Michael at the club. He has spent some years learning as a coach at the club now and has done his Pro-License. And of course, he knows our club, playing over 300 games in his 12 years as a player, I'm sure Michael has what it takes to be in charge for some games, while the board and I are finding a new manager. "

Michael Carrick - Caretaker at Manchester United

"It's a big honour for me. I'm very happy to get the chance from the club and I'm sure if a do my best, we can get United back on top in the Premier League. It's a new time in English football after Brexit, but I'm sure we as a club will get even stronger after it. Manchester United have always been famous for producing young players and develop young talents from all over the United Kingdom. It's in Manchester United's DNA. "

With Michael Carrick at the wheel and Woodward doing other stuff in the club, Manchester United has been searching for a Director of Football for a long time.

Finally, they found one. His name is Kelvin Coton. 39 years old and from London, Coton has never been in the Football world. Coton is a well-known businessman, where he first started his own company at the age of 19, sold it 5 years later for 2,5 billion. Later he got to be CEO of the bank Barclay, where he is the youngest CEO in Barclay's history. Now he has diced to step down from the business market and try the football world. He has a Pro License, where he of course wrote about how important the Director of Football is in the modern world.

"I'm very much looking forward to starting in my new job and show the fans of Manchester United, what I can do. There is no doubt in my mind, that I can help the club in these hard Brexit times, especially about the finance where the club has been struggling for some years now. "

Transfers IN <--

Leon King <-- Rangers 775k

Ryan Porteous <-- Hibernian 1m (2m)

Carney Chukwuemake <-- Aston Villa 3m (4,5m)

Nathan Collins <-- Stoke 2,5m (5m)

David Brooks <-- Bournemouth 20m (40m)

Max Aarons <-- Norwich 30m (55m)

Ben White <-- Brighton 20m (44m)

"We have to upgrade our youth team and get the biggest talent from around the United Kingdom in much earlier, because of Brexit. King and Chuk will play with the u19 team, while Porteous, White, and Brooks are going straight on to the team. Aarons is gonna spend the season at Norwich, helping them bounce back to the Premier League, while Collins is going back to Stoke to help them for a season. "

Transfers OUT -->

Juan Mata --> Zenit 5m (7,5m)

Timothy Fosu-Mensah --> Club Brugge 10m (12,5m)

Marcos Rojo --> Wolves 10,5m (13,5m)

Eric Baily --> Bayern 35m

"We are busy trying to get rid of our international players, but the times are hard. Not many clubs have money to spend at the moment, so maybe we have to wait until the next season to do the big changes in the squad. "

Loan OUT —>
Victor Lindelöf —> FC Barcelona
Max Aarons —> Norwich
Teden Mengi —>MK Dons
Nathan Collins —> Stoke
Ethan Laird —> West Brom
Ethan Galbraith —> Tranmere

“Victor now has a great chance at Barcelona to show them, what he is about and then we hope to sell him next season. Mengi, Laird & Galbraith needed to play first team, and there no place for them at this moment. We hope they get back a lot strongere next season.”

Edited by mark wilson27
Screenshot deleted as per house rules. As mentioned in a post by myself further up

September 2020
The first month is now played, we have played 3 Premier League games and 2 games in Carabao Cup.
Premier League:
Wolves 1-1 Manchester United
Wan Bissaka sent off 1'
Rashford 24'
Line up: D. Henderson - A. Wan-Bissaka - H. Maguire - B. White - A. Telles - S. Mctominay - P. Pogba - B. Fernandes - M. Greenwood - M. Rashford - A. Martial
First game in the season away from home, very important not to lose the first game for Carrick. You have to remember that it's not easy to play away against Wolves, a real strong team!
Manchester United 4-0 West Ham
Bruno 26' 49' Pogba 20' Porteous 65'
Line up: D. Henderson - B. Williams - H. Maguire - R. Porteous - A. Telles - D. Van De Beek - P. Pogba - B. Fernandes - D. Brooks - M. Rashford - E. Cavani
A strong 4-0 win in the first game at home to start the season off, i'm looking to make Old Trafford a real hard place for team to vist. Bruno missed a penalty for hattrick.
Sheffield United 0-5 Manchester United
Martial 26' 81' Greenwood 34' Rashford 54' Maguire 78'
Line up: D. Henderson - B. Williams - H. Maguire - B. White - A. Telles - S. Mctominay - P. Pogba - B. Fernandes - M. Greenwood - M. Rashford - A. Martial
From one big win to another big win. Martial got his scoring for the season started. Greenwood & Rashford also got a goal, so the front-trio played well with a Maguire goal on corner to finish off.

Carabao Cup:
Manchester United 2-1 Bristol City
Fred 26' 49'
Line up: D. De Gea - B. Williams - B. White - R. Porteous - L. Shaw - S. Mctominay - Fred - Hannibal - J. Lingaard - S. Shoretire - E. Cavani
All the reserve players got the chance, surprise to see Fred scoring two goals from a box-to-box position.
Aston Villa 1-3 Manchester United
Lingaard 17' James 44' 67'
Line up: D. De Gea - A. Wan-Bissaka - B. White - R. Porteous - L. Shaw - N. Matic - Fred - Hannibal - J. Lingaard - D. James - E. Cavani
Again mostly used rotations players for this game, i dont have any goal for the Caraboa Cup. Lets see how far the B-team can take us!

Edited by gadedk

[b]Ocotobor 2020[/b]

[b]Premier League:[/b]
[color=#FCE94F]Tottenham 1-1 Manchester United[/color]
Kane 21'
Rashford 24'
[color=#729FCF]Line up: D. Henderson - A. Wan-Bissaka - H. Maguire - B. White - A. Telles - S. Mctominay - P. Pogba - B. Fernandes - M. Greenwood - M. Rashford - A. Martial[/color]

[color=#4E9A06]Manchester United 7-0 Southampton[/color]
Bruno 4' 22' 61'
Martial 14' 25'
Rashford 36'
James 74'
[color=#729FCF]Line up: D. De Gea - A. Wan-Bissaka - H. Maguire - B. White - L. Shaw - D. Van De Beek - Fred - B. Fernandes - D. Brooks - M. Rashford - A. Martial[/color]

[color=#4E9A06]Manchester United 2-0 Aston Villa[/color]
Greenwood 56'
Pogba 78'
[color=#729FCF]Line up: D. Henderson - B. Williams - H. Maguire - B. White - A. Wan-Bissaka - S. Mctominay - P. Pogba - B. Fernandes - M. Greenwood - M. Rashford - A. Martial[/color]

[color=#FCE94F]TChelsea 3-3 Manchester United[/color]
Abraham 10'                            Rashford 20'
Ziyech 39'                                Cavani 46' 90+1'
Jorginho 45+3' P
[color=#729FCF]Line up: D. Henderson - A. Wan-Bissaka - H. Maguire - A. Tuanzebe - B. Williams - S. Mctominay - P. Pogba - B. Fernandes - M. Greenwood - M. Rashford - A. Martial[/color]

[b]Champions League[/b]
[color=#8AE234]Ajax 0-1 Manchester United[/color]
Cavani 17'
[color=#729FCF]Line up: D. De Gea - B. Williams - A. Tuanzebe - R. Porteous - L. Shaw - D. Van de Beek - Fred - B. Fernandes - J. Lingaard - D. Brooks - E. Cavani[/color]

[color=#8AE234]Zenit 3-5 Manchester United[/color]
Malcom 14'                  Cavani 13' 28' 90+3'
Azmoun 57'                 Brooks 36' 
Dzyuba 83'                 Lingaard 62'
[color=#729FCF]Line up: D. De Gea - B. Williams - A. Tuanzebe - R. Porteous - L. Shaw - D. Van de Beek - Fred - D. James - J. Lingaard - D. Brooks - E. Cavani[/color]