Match screen layout like FM2020 and earlier versions...

The UI has changed for FM21. You can still have a lot of the info available to you, but you won't have an exact layout like what you posted. If you can give more detail about what it is you're after, maybe we can advise you better.

30 minutes ago, TDurden said:

I am struggling to creae a match screen like FM20 and earlier versions - is this not possible anymore?

match screen.PNG

I know what u mean. I made a topic in requests topic, but didnt help.

They removed widgets from the fm 2021, still dont know why, totally stupid, it was for me personally one the best things i could wish for. But for no reason at all they removed it. 

I hope some skin makers can make it back, but dont think it works like this, it has to be ingame probably.

1 hour ago, blejdek said:

I know what u mean. I made a topic in requests topic, but didnt help.

They removed widgets from the fm 2021, still dont know why, totally stupid, it was for me personally one the best things i could wish for. But for no reason at all they removed it. 

I hope some skin makers can make it back, but dont think it works like this, it has to be ingame probably.

43 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

Agree the match UI is terrible.

Hopefully (if possible) someone can create a skin which is better.

Please use the feedback thread for feedback. Keep in mind that if you're just writing 'it's totally stupid' or 'match UI is terrible' , it doesn't help anyone. It's not constructive feedback at all.

FWIW, I made a feature request regarding the touchline tablet. I stated why I don't use it at all - because it covers too much of the pitch. I then gave an idea - to be able to reduce the panels so I can see the pitch but keep the tablet open. Voila. Here we have a release version with a tablet that can resize. SI can and do listen, but give them something to consider at least. At this point, it most likely won't be immediate, but still.

Edit: don't confuse making a request to making a demand. I have had other requests not been implemented for reasons I don't know, but it will most certainly have to do with whether it is technically possible on different devices and resolutions, whether there's time, whether it fits their vision or desing etc. I haven't melted. Our feedback can be very useful, is what I wanted to point out.

Ive bought every version of FM on release date since the Amiga version in 92.

2021 is the first version I havent. Mainly because Im still into my 2020 save, but more importantly from the match UI I have seen.

Have just tried the demo and it confirmed my fears, its terrible.

I normally play with widgets coverering large parts of the screen. At a glance I can see exactly whats going on in the game, how the stats are adding up, who is playing well, and how we are doing in the league. AND I can see the highlights.

Now to do all that I have to keep checking manually.

This is a massive step in the wrong direction and I cant see myself buying this version.

Its a shame as some of the matchday details, ie the team lists at the start and the TV like goal announcements are nice, but that have dumbed down everything else far too much and taken the customisation away.

Very poor. 

This isn't the feedback thread. If you have feedback, please post in the dedicated thread. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Jamman said:

Ive bought every version of FM on release date since the Amiga version in 92.

2021 is the first version I havent. Mainly because Im still into my 2020 save, but more importantly from the match UI I have seen.

Have just tried the demo and it confirmed my fears, its terrible.

I normally play with widgets coverering large parts of the screen. At a glance I can see exactly whats going on in the game, how the stats are adding up, who is playing well, and how we are doing in the league. AND I can see the highlights.

Now to do all that I have to keep checking manually.

This is a massive step in the wrong direction and I cant see myself buying this version.

Its a shame as some of the matchday details, ie the team lists at the start and the TV like goal announcements are nice, but that have dumbed down everything else far too much and taken the customisation away.

Very poor. 

This is ignoring everything I posted. What exactly are you looking for? There's very little to go on here.

I'm able to watch a match and have info

fdce543035d4073eff303a13548a4a4d.jpg

This is, again, where proper constructive criticism helps.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Please use the feedback thread for feedback. Keep in mind that if you're just writing 'it's totally stupid' or 'match UI is terrible' , it doesn't help anyone. It's not constructive feedback at all.

FWIW, I made a feature request regarding the touchline tablet. I stated why I don't use it at all - because it covers too much of the pitch. I then gave an idea - to be able to reduce the panels so I can see the pitch but keep the tablet open. Voila. Here we have a release version with a tablet that can resize. SI can and do listen, but give them something to consider at least. At this point, it most likely won't be immediate, but still.

Edit: don't confuse making a request to making a demand. I have had other requests not been implemented for reasons I don't know, but it will most certainly have to do with whether it is technically possible on different devices and resolutions, whether there's time, whether it fits their vision or desing etc. I haven't melted. Our feedback can be very useful, is what I wanted to point out.

The tablet change you’ve mentioned, is that why I only now have one panel? Is there a way to get it back to two?

20 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

This isn't the feedback thread. If you have feedback, please post in the dedicated thread. Thanks.

This is ignoring everything I posted. What exactly are you looking for? There's very little to go on here.

They need to change the abbreviations for the teams... Who is playing in this screen? 

24 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

PLayer performances

Opposition player ratings and performances

League table

Opposition tactics etc.

How do you get that view as all I get when I press tablet is a horrible massive panel that takes up a third of the screen that doesnt stick and half the information only shows between highlights.

This is a version of what I use, but I often have more widgets loaded.

These are there when I start a game are subtle and unobtrusive, they stay throughout. Can that be done with the tablet view as Im not seeing it.

gameview.jpg

Edited by Jamman

1 minute ago, Jamman said:

How do you get that view as all I get when I press tablet is a horrible massive panel that takes up a third of the screen that doesnt stick.

As I have mentioned - you can resize the tablet.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

As I have mentioned - you can resize the tablet.

I updated my post above.

The tablet is clunky and  has to be reactivated all the time as it keeps disappearing during the games etc.

Not as good as widgets by a mile.

1 minute ago, TDurden said:

I have been playing this game since CM1. I really hope the widgets come back or a skin is developed

The widgets aren't coming back. Your OP never mentioned them either and neither did the screenshot - that's why I asked for more detail.

Just now, Jamman said:

How is this better than the old layout? 

This has been said already - the match day is around you as manager. What's available to you, what you experience etc. The info available to you, will have to come from a tablet in this case. That's exactly why I made the feature request that I did - to be able to view the entire pitch and have some info.

6 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

This has been said already - the match day is around you as manager. What's available to you, what you experience etc. The info available to you, will have to come from a tablet in this case. That's exactly why I made the feature request that I did - to be able to view the entire pitch and have some info.

Theres nothing that tablet does that widgets didnt do better. ITs a massive step backward and ruins the entire match day experience. 

Football managers experience a 90 minute game, they know whats going on as they watch the whole thing. We dont, we have to rely on stats, they need to be available on screen and presented nicely, not like this.

Sorry but this is a terrible implementation and for me they have ruined the game. Ive been playing since 92 and its the first time in nearly 30 years Ive been so disappointed withit Iwont be buying it. (and thats without going through the clunkiness of the rest of the game and how it looks more like one of those imitations Soccer Manager! game, but I wont go there).

Edited by Jamman

4 minutes ago, Jamman said:

Theres nothing that tablet does that widgets didnt do better. ITs a massive step backward and ruins the entire match day experience. 

Football managers experience a 90 minute game, they know whats going on as they watch the whole thing. We dont, we have to rely on stats, they need to be available on screen and presented nicely, not like this.

Sorry but this is a terrible implementation and for me they have ruined the game. Ive been playing since 92 and its the first time in nearly 30 years Ive been so disappointed withit Iwont be buying it. (and thats without going through the clunkiness of the rest of the game and how it looks more like one of those imitations Soccer Manager! game, but I wont go there).

Everyone plays the game dfferently which is SI's dilemma, for what it's worth,  this is the first version for the last five years that I am considering buying

I don’t understand why people feel the need to say I’ve been playing the game since blah blah, to try make their opinion sound more important.

Everyone likes different things and plays the game differently, If you don’t like it fine, but it doesn’t matter how many years you been playing.

I like the new UI, I admit it took some time to get used, but now I am used to it, I don’t think I could go back now. Oh and just to say I’ve been playing fm for as long as I remember ;).

3 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I don’t understand why people feel the need to say I’ve been playing the game since blah blah, to try make their opinion sound more important.

Everyone likes different things and plays the game differently, If you don’t like it fine, but it doesn’t matter how many years you been playing.

I like the new UI, I admit it took some time to get used, but now I am used to it, I don’t think I could go back now. Oh and just to say I’ve been playing fm for as long as I remember ;).

Some players may not like change 

I don't find it weird that some people might enjoy the new UI, but I don't understand how you can be against having more customization options. That was the point of widgets, you could do whatever you wanted.

Also the reason for these changes are yet to be revealed and mostly likely (and rightfully maybe) won't ever be. But ever since another user told me how the same UI was gonna be used in the console version I can't help but feel that that was the reason.

Sarr-shot.jpg

Just now, TDurden said:

Why is the tablet reset at halftimes and when doing tactical changes?

This is a known issue.

1 minute ago, TDurden said:

If just the tablet option could be made with fewer "widgets" and the game same for the game details

Which is why I made the feature request and you can drag the tablet to have fewer open panels so you can view more of a match. SI, to their credit, were able to make a change to it.

When will developers will stop making the looks more childish as mentioned in the thread; and actually add some features about personal life of a manager I wonder.. 

May be invest in a youth academy or an amateur club?

Still a good game but I will wait until it takes its final shape with the last updates to see how it goes..

• HUNT3R locked this topic