Fixture Congestion in Premier League

Benjamin M

Summary: Three matches in one week, technically three matches in six days!

Description: Playing as Tottenham, very early in the season. Have a 4th round League Cup match against Leeds on 9/29, Euro Cup qualifying match against Rijeka on 10/1, and then a standard league match against Liverpool on 10/4. Adding to this, the third round match in the League Cup was on 9/26, so only three days between League Cup matches.

I understand that September is typically a hectic month in the Premier League, and the Euro Cup qualifying certainly adds to it, but I feel that in real life, either 4th round League Cup match against Leeds or the league match against Liverpool would get flexed to a later date. So, not sure if this is a scheduling bug or just an unfortunate stretch of matches. 

No description available.

No description available.

• SI Staff

This isn't too far away from the early season fixture schedule that Tottenham faced in real life, due to their participation in the Europa League qualifying rounds. Although in real life they got a little lucky that their League Cup game against Leyton Orient was cancelled due to Orient being unable to play (COVID related).

image.png.1872d507dc70015114df65c98e57bca3.png

The fact that you had to play  League Cup match on a Saturday is an issue that we are aware of and is something we are looking into.

I've noticed a similar thing with my MLS save. I ran into it in FM20 as well. I'll play a match every two or three days from March through May and have two games scheduled in July and none in August. I'm a big MLS fan and even with Concacaf Champions league, I don't recall a schedule as lopsided as this one in real life, especially with so many dates later in the calendar that are available. For what it's worth, I love the new game! It just takes some enjoyment away when the schedule is so unbalanced. 

Capture1.PNG.bea0d83bd91543858a9ee73c63215608.PNG

Capture2.PNG.8932f5f25d74cf9589466561b280b4a0.PNG