Youth Intake Broken Just Like Beta

jt361

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, freddieos said:

First season is the only season it works @ATV! Also, you have the Aussie newgen bug at Dortmund in that intake still. 

I haven't been past season one yet - so will find out over the next few days.... Cheers

Still noticing this issue. Just 2 seasons into my save and bear in mind all the following leagues I have active...
England U18's
- 15 players
Chelsea U18's 16 players
Southampton - 7 players
Tottenham - 9 players

Celtic U18's - 13 players
Kilmarnock - 1 player
Hibernian - 6 players

On 15/12/2020 at 19:46, ATV said:

season 1 with Crystal palace - regens are loading for me in leagues I don't have loaded.

I don't have Romania, Poland, Bulgaria loaded.

image.thumb.png.cbda223eefadff04bc47108fcd780f55.png

do you have players in u19/21 national teams? for brazil/argentina etc

On 11/12/2020 at 07:04, Andrew James said:

Quick update on this one:

This issue is a priority and we are still working hard to get it fixed ASAP.

Changes will be save game compatible when they’re ready and will be rolled out at the earliest opportunity. 

It has required some fundamental changes to how newgen generation is approached in inactive leagues, and we hope the result will be a better and more consistent spread of youth intakes across the globe than we’ve ever had in previous versions of FM.

Youth Intake numbers are a very complex and delicate balancing act, and your patience is still greatly appreciated while we try to get this right.

Will newgens have brothers/cousins now? If not with real database players then at least with each other? Please? Pretty please? Throw it in for me?

The Aussies in Dortmund and the Japanese players in I believe Freiburg aren't a bug, both those clubs have youth feeder club affiliates, though maybe the quality/quantity of the players is too high. But those have been in for a few FMs now.

1 hour ago, Ruh Roh said:

Will newgens have brothers/cousins now? If not with real database players then at least with each other? Please? Pretty please? Throw it in for me?

The Aussies in Dortmund and the Japanese players in I believe Freiburg aren't a bug, both those clubs have youth feeder club affiliates, though maybe the quality/quantity of the players is too high. But those have been in for a few FMs now.

On FM19 I had two brother newgens who I signed from Wigan

I know that this topic has been beaten to death,but has there been any ETA of the fix or whether it's coming this year at all?

Been delaying starting a save for 3 weeks becuase of this,would be nice to know if there's any point in waiting,

Just now, Shroom said:

I know that this topic has been beaten to death,but has there been any ETA of the fix or whether it's coming this year at all?

Been delaying starting a save for 3 weeks becuase of this,would be nice to know if there's any point in waiting,

Ive been watching steamdb and they finally created the patch branch so hopefully soon.

1 minute ago, Shroom said:

I would imagine either tonight or tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Ive been watching steamdb and they finally created the patch branch so hopefully soon.

Alright,finally some potentially good news. :)

5 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I would imagine either tonight or tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

5 minutes ago, Leonbro17 said:

Hey guys in need help

I will Start today my save! I will Start with BVB. Can I do that without Problems? Or its better to wait until the Patch came? 

Patch is save game compatible but we don't know for certain when it is out and if it's any good. Last hotfix didn't cure the problem.

But as long as you don't play most of the first season before patch is out, you should be fine.

Gerade eben schrieb freddieos:

Patch is save game compatible but we don't know for certain when it is out and if it's any good. Last hotfix didn't cure the problem.

But as long as you don't play most of the first season before patch is out, you should be fine.

I know when it's out! now:D

7 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

I know when it's out! now:D

thanks for the heads up @daveincid. Been waiting on this so I can start a new save with @majesticeternityand your mods (except languages and injuries). Really enjoying my current save though, recently got the job in Atalanta in 2024 and it's a proper challenge for ones. The Smarter AI Managers mod works better on FM21 than it did on FM20.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb ratio1618:

Is that the hefty 100,000 league 7M players DB set up?

Its still 11am here is there a test you wanna hook me up with tha ti can sim?

of course! But it's a good mixture from playable and view-only leagues, so IMO a good test-scenario. So I hope it will be arround year 2024 tomorrow morning! (As long as there won't be a crash-dump, Dare you SI :lol:)

Just now, Daveincid said:

of course! But it's a good mixture from playable and view-only leagues, so IMO a good test-scenario. So I hope it will be arround year 2024 tomorrow morning! (As long as there won't be a crash-dump, Dare you SI :lol:)

Are you able to provide semi regular updates every 2 years or so? I might set up a basic league set up and run it to 2028 or something. 

What should i be looking out for specifically when looking for newgens? 

Gerade eben schrieb ratio1618:

Are you able to provide semi regular updates every 2 years or so? I might set up a basic league set up and run it to 2028 or something. 

What should i be looking out for specifically when looking for newgens? 

I will check every year. If you want to help: load one Nation playable, all others view only, note the total player amount at the start and let it run:)

I will check every year. If you want to help: load one Nation playable, all others view only, note the total player amount at the start and let it run:)

Sick ok. Do you have a database set up file i can use to save my mouse clicks?

Just now, Leonbro17 said:

Guys I dont check it? Can I Start now my file? Its fixed? 

We are testing now.

doesn't really matter for the test, as it is vanilla only. just be sure that detail level is none (unnecessary for this test) 

Ok cool. Is this the test you are running on your end or a varied version of it? What sort of CPU do you have, i think my Ryzen 2600 may not like this one very much haha

vor 1 Minute schrieb ratio1618:

We are testing now.

Ok cool. Is this the test you are running on your end or a varied version of it? What sort of CPU do you have, i think my Ryzen 2600 may not like this one very much haha

It's another scenarion than the test I run (mine takes much longer). But it's important to see if it works for every setup. 

3950x here, so it does make sense to let my CPU do the hard work:lol:

• SI Staff

The latest update contains a fix for the lack of newgens generating in inactive leagues, as well as further tweaks to intake and retirement numbers.

The changes are save game compatible and hopefully you will now see a much more consistent spread of youth intakes generating at top clubs across the world in every season.

If you do find any examples of clubs incorrectly receiving no youth intake, or less players than they should, then please start a new post in the bugs forum with the relevant save game files.

To clarify a couple of things:

Adding a League as “view-only” doesn’t add any players to the game db and therefore doesn’t impact the number of newgens generated there as compared to if the league was left unloaded – but you should now see a much better stream of newgens from the top clubs in these nations either way :) 

The average youth intake size for a top active club is 5-8 players, and it can often be less than this for clubs with less established academies. If a team has virtual (greyed out) players in a youth side, this does not necessarily mean they aren’t generating enough youth players. For example, if a team doesn’t buy enough, or loans out too many U23 players, they will then need to promote some players from u18s as the more senior squad takes priority.

16 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

Legend. Looking forward to finding out if this is fixed or not - might have to start a new save since I didn't get that far in my current one. Which will not surprise @Daveincid :lol:

Won't get at the game until the weekend due to work so hopefully you gents have figured it out by then :applause:

oh, and if someone could check that Salzburg are now entering the Austrian cup, that would be swell :lol:

3 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

It's another scenarion than the test I run (mine takes much longer). But it's important to see if it works for every setup. 

Maybe i will rework this and remove the custom database options and try and get it as close to a real world test environment as possible.

1 minute ago, Andrew James said:

The latest update contains a fix for the lack of newgens generating in inactive leagues, as well as further tweaks to intake and retirement numbers.

The changes are save game compatible and hopefully you will now see a much more consistent spread of youth intakes generating at top clubs across the world in every season.

If you do find any examples of clubs incorrectly receiving no youth intake, or less players than they should, then please start a new post in the bugs forum with the relevant save game files.

To clarify a couple of things:

Adding a League as “view-only” doesn’t add any players to the game db and therefore doesn’t impact the number of newgens generated there as compared to if the league was left unloaded – but you should now see a much better stream of newgens from the top clubs in these nations either way :) 

The average youth intake size for a top active club is 5-8 players, and it can often be less than this for clubs with less established academies. If a team has virtual (greyed out) players in a youth side, this does not necessarily mean they aren’t generating enough youth players. For example, if a team doesn’t buy enough, or loans out too many U23 players, they will then need to promote some players from u18s as the more senior squad takes priority.

Would you say that advanced database options that load players from like...for example Oceania where there are 0 playable leagues will regen more players if you select every option for Oceania in Advanced database set up?

13 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

image.png.46e214225567999db0db0e4c517a15ae.png

Im gunna run a test with this set up as well as the view only leagues and 1 league loaded.

• SI Staff

Unfortunately, we are aware of some cases where total player count may still decrease in certain instances. We believe the root of this is a high number of low ability free agents retiring after not being picked up by low reputation clubs.

Custom db setups with all players based in certain areas loaded are more prone to this, as they include an unsustainably high number of free agents at game start and a higher number of layers at these low reputation clubs.

12 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Would you say that advanced database options that load players from like...for example Oceania where there are 0 playable leagues will regen more players if you select every option for Oceania in Advanced database set up?

Adding players based in Oceania would result in more newgens generating there, yes, but I think it's likely the total count would still decline a bit unfortunately.  

We’re working on ways to try and keep these numbers more balanced across the board, if you have any examples of players retiring who shouldn’t be, please start a new post in the bugs forum with relevant save game files.

1 minute ago, Andrew James said:

Unfortunately, we are aware of some cases where total player count may still decrease in certain instances. We believe the root of this is a high number of low ability free agents retiring after not being picked up by low reputation clubs.

Custom db setups with all players based in certain areas loaded are more prone to this, as they include an unsustainably high number of free agents at game start and a higher number of layers at these low reputation clubs.

Adding players based in Oceania would result in more newgens generating there, yes, but I think it's likely the total count would still decline a bit unfortunately.  

Im fine with numbers decreasing especially if its due to poor CA/PA but i hated seeing Premier league teams with no Goalkeeper and noone singing players. We shall wait and see huh. 

Cheers for the work boys. IM assuming next patch will be the summer transfer update?

Gerade eben schrieb Andrew James:

Yeah I realised this in my tests with the high decrease after season one and two, due so many free agents. this doesn't really worries me. A small decrease with players added via the advanced db  seems not problematic too, as long as it is not too consistent and too high in total. 

Thank you so much for the hard work of all of you guys! 

1 minute ago, Daveincid said:

Yeah I realised this in my tests with the high decrease after season one and two, due so many free agents. this doesn't really worries me. A small decrease with players added via the advanced db  seems not problematic too, as long as it is not too consistent and too high in total. 

Thank you so much for the hard work of all of you guys! 

Where are you at now bro?