Youth Intake Broken Just Like Beta

jt361

13 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

I did one test and a couple others did tests with no advanced db options and the database  seemed to be stable and actually increased in some cases.

I actually was involved in some other thread about the same issue and you are right, most of the people, if my memory serves me right, did tests with advanced dbs. Everything you add to the game which is outside of the released game (Skins, dbs, faces, etc), impacts the game. But I am no programmer so I have no idea if its just the panel over things or if it goes any deeper in game system, which could make some spaggheti code inside of the game and maybe hurt the youth intake problems? I am just trying to think out of the box, dont hold me to it :)

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

I did one test and a couple others did tests with no advanced db options and the database  seemed to be stable and actually increased in some cases.

Yes, that is why I haven't selected any advanced db options for my save.  I loaded the first league from 19 nations + all three leagues from Romania, where I play on starting my journey. I think with this setup I can have a long term save even if the fix will never happen. 

vor 19 Minuten schrieb francis#17:

until when have you simulated? what was the start-number of players? This is the next test on my list, all leagues playable without advanced db:lol:

But the advanced db options are included in the out of the box experience?

The option to load more players from certain nations or regions is included in the base game and doesn't involve any database editing.

Since the issue is so hard to fix, apparently, I just wished they added an advanced setting to the game where we can set the amount of players each nation should have at all times. Like one column that just states how many players there were from a specific country when the save was created and then one column, which can be edited, that gives us the amount of players we want from that country. At every new intake the game looks at how many players there's currently in the database and then generates new players to meet exactly the critera we have asked for.

4 minutes ago, Bogdy26 said:

That is one perspective on it, but I don't really agree with it. And that is simply because I don't plan on reaching 2030 by the time the fix comes out. Historically speaking I haven't played more than 10-12 seasons per FM edition for the past 2 or 3 FM editions, I just don't have the time for it. So for me it really does matter if the fix is save game compatible or not. But that is for me personally.

And for the second part, about the missing young players,  I agree with you but not fully, because if you reach 2030 or 2040 you don't lose 10 to 20 years of young players you lose a large percentage of those players, because some players are still being generated, let's say you lose 50% percent. If in the other 50% that are being generated there is enough quality to sustain the major, let's say, 200 clubs in Europe, I would be perfectly confident playing a long term career even if there won't be a fix for this. 

Absolutely agree with everything that you said. Thats why I added for me personally save compatible doesnt matter :)

And the second point, I meant to said percentage probably, because some players (even tho is low number) are still being generated :)

So we always have to look right and left and another right :)

Cheers mate !

Gerade eben schrieb 1891:

But the advanced db options are included in the out of the box experience?

The option to load more players from certain nations or regions is included in the base game and doesn't involve any database editing.

Since the issue is so hard to fix, apparently, I just wished they added an advanced setting to the game where we can set the amount of players each nation should have at all times. Like one column that just states how many players there were from a specific country when the save was created and then one column, which can be edited, that gives us the amount of players we want from that country. At every new intake the game looks at how many players there's currently in the database and then generates new players to meet exactly the critera we have asked for.

you can check this value ingame with 4 clicks

1 minute ago, Daveincid said:

you can check this value ingame with 4 clicks

Yeah, we can check it right now. What I want is for us to tell the game exactly how many there should be and then the game just generates up until that number every year. As a work-around since it's apparently so hard to fix. SI have already claimed twice now that they've fixed this, but both times they have evidently failed.

Gerade eben schrieb 1891:

Yeah, we can check it right now. What I want is for us to tell the game exactly how many there should be and then the game just generates up until that number every year. As a work-around since it's apparently so hard to fix. SI have already claimed twice now that they've fixed this, but both times they have evidently failed.

there should be close to the same amount like at the start? it's not a fix value for every team, its a "range". But I think if you compare a whole league or players from a specific nation, it is pretty accurate.

But yeah, agree, I haven't seen that much of an improvement too, so I was really confused after the update

The whole issue is that the game generates too few players for most countries to uphold the amount of players from those countries and the game in general.

In the meantime, until they fix it, if they're able to fix it in FM21, we should be able to set a fixed number and the game then just generates players matching that exact number every year.

Because, like I said, they've claimed to have fixed it twice already. So it's obviously something very complex that is wrong with the algorithm that generate new players. So just let us by-pass that algorithm until it's fixed.

As a software developer I can ensure you that this is one of the worst issues to fix. There are a lot of moving parts, you adjust something on one aspect, you influence another god knows how many other aspects of the game.  And after every little adjustment you'll have to test again so many scenarios to see what the outcome is. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we would only get a potential fix for this somewhere in March, when I believe the next big update usually comes out. Of course, SI has the man power and resources to speed up the process, but it is Christmas almost, and after a very different year with a lot challenges for all of us, we all deserve to take some time off and enjoy some quality time with our loved ones. 

2 hours ago, Leonbra said:

So guys is the game playable? 

If you're not bothered by random stuff like a player not getting suspended for a red card, then probably it is. However I'd wait for a couple days after this patch before the next wave of bug reports comes in.

Anyone find it funny hearing all the **** with Cyberpunk while we are dealing with this **** in FM? There are some parrelels but holy **** we are still pretty lucky. Thats still not an excuse to slack off SI, i know you are reading.

2 hours ago, priority76 said:

Definitely not.  If you click to start a game your computer will blow up.

BTW this is the kind of fanboy attitude that's actually more toxic than people criticising / demanding fixes from SI. Is it really that terrible that people want this game to simply run without game-breaking bugs?

31 minutes ago, tkis said:

BTW this is the kind of fanboy attitude that's actually more toxic than people criticising / demanding fixes from SI. Is it really that terrible that people want this game to simply run without game-breaking bugs?

We all want it to be fixed, a quick flick through this thread will tell you it's perfectly 'playable'.  Being a whiny, demanding, criticising twit will help no one.

2 hours ago, Daveincid said:

@Andrew James Quick update if the problem affect's a save where all leagues are playable and with advanced db:

Top League-players/players with nationality:

17.08.20 (242k players)

England: 1401/7927

Spain: 850/9216

Switzerland: 414/2503

China: 1221/4153

Iran: League NA/707

USA: 733/4434

09.08.24 (218k players)

England: 1277/6926

Spain: 838/8630

Switzerland: 402/2427

China: 674/3072

Iran: League NA/554

USA: 730/4499

Conclusion:

First of all: it's definetly playable for users without a personality like "perfectionist", "very ambitous" or well...."temperamental":lol:

• The problem affects all possible game setups. The least effected is playable, but it still is affected. Some leagues more (China) than others (USA). The overall amount of players in a Nation is decreasing in all Nations except USA (Due it's special recruiting-system I guess). 
  • Unloaded Leagues (Iran) will loose a high amount of players over time.
  • Due my experience with other tests so far, the number might continue decreasing, but I won't say this for 100% because I won't test this anymore, due it takes so much time.

I really don't want to take the fun away for people, the game itself is awesome! If this fix is gone, I won't feel fresh air on my skin for a long time:lol:

I now will run my first test with all leagues loaded and without the advanced db, to see, if at least this setup keeps stable (I don't think so but who knows:))

Cheers

Daveincid

Damn, it’s a shame because I truly believe this is the best fm ever made but since I play long term saves this “bug” is a major issue for me. I haven’t played since I discovered this was happening and I’m honestly not in any rush to play again I just pray SI can figure out a proper fix for this issue within the next few months. 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Daveincid:

@Andrew James Quick update if the problem affect's a save where all leagues are playable and with advanced db:

17.08.20 (242k players)

England: 1401/7927

Spain: 850/9216

Switzerland: 414/2503

China: 1221/4153

Iran: League NA/707

USA: 733/4434

09.08.24 (218k players)

England: 1277/6926

Spain: 838/8630

Switzerland: 402/2427

China: 674/3072

Iran: League NA/554

USA: 730/4499

Conclusion:

First of all: it's definetly playable for users without a personality like "perfectionist", "very ambitous" or well...."temperamental":lol:

• The problem affects all possible game setups. The least effected is playable, but it still is affected. Some leagues more (China) than others (USA). The overall amount of players in a Nation is decreasing in all Nations except USA (Due it's special recruiting-system I guess). 
  • Unloaded Leagues (Iran) will loose a high amount of players over time.
  • Due my experience with other tests so far, the number might continue decreasing, but I won't say this for 100% because I won't test this anymore, due it takes so much time.

I really don't want to take the fun away for people, the game itself is awesome! If this fix is gone, I won't feel fresh air on my skin for a long time:lol:

I now will run my first test with all leagues loaded and without the advanced db, to see, if at least this setup keeps stable (I don't think so but who knows:))

Cheers

Daveincid

As promised I have done the same test again without the advanced db. I haven't simulated to the same date as the previous test yet, so it's just a interim conclusion.

17.08.20 (204k players)

England: 1401/7860

Spain: 851/8861

Switzerland: 415/2506

China: 1222/4132

Iran: League NA/306

USA: 732/4401

12.07.23 (195k players)

England: 1363/7191

Spain: 838/8828

Switzerland: 393/2549

China: 717/3147

Iran: League NA/212

USA: 740/4452

Interim Conclusion:

Due newgens decreasing in total from year to year, I still think the numbers will continue falling. I will keep running the test until 09.08.24, to compare it with the advanced db-setup-test I made before. After that I am planning to let the save run as far as my motivation goes. I still have a small hope, that numbers might get stable, but really a small hope.

Cheers

Daveincid

21 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

As promised I have done the same test again without the advanced db. I haven't simulated to the same date as the previous test yet, so it's just a interim conclusion.

17.08.20 (204k players)

12.07.23 (195k players)

Interim Conclusion:

Due newgens decreasing in total from year to year, I still think the numbers will continue falling. I will keep running the test until 09.08.24, to compare it with the advanced db-setup-test I made before. After that I am planning to let the save run as far as my motivation goes. I still have a small hope, that numbers might get stable, but really a small hope.

Cheers

Daveincid

First I just want to thank you, for all the tests you have already done and will do in future _o_

Seeing the test without advanced db is promising at least i think. Only 9k difference in 3 years, doesnt seems so bad imo. I am very interested what will year 2024 bring. While advanced cb saw a fall of 24k, I dont think another year without adv, db. will come to 24k less newgens. So i am hopefull. 

PS: Waiting patiently for results :)

vor 3 Minuten schrieb blejdek:

First I just want to thank you, for all the tests you have already done and will do in future _o_

Seeing the test without advanced db is promising at least i think. Only 9k difference in 3 years, doesnt seems so bad imo. I am very interested what will year 2024 bring. While advanced cb saw a fall of 24k, I dont think another year without adv, db. will come to 24k less newgens. So i am hopefull. 

PS: Waiting patiently for results :)

You are welcome!

There is indeed a bit of an improvement. But in relation with the smaller db-size compared to a close date in the test before: arround august 2023: 8% loss in total vs 5% in this test. So yeah, it's better so far, or less worse, depending on the view.

19 hours ago, Daveincid said:

I think Andrew said a save with only playable leagues without advanced DB should stay stable for a very long time. Well so very long time means not even 3 years? Its a bit annoying seeing the problem even with playable leagues and no extra options. Guess ill be back in march after all the patches...

Gerade eben schrieb Double0Seven:

I think Andrew said a save with only playable leagues without advanced DB should stay stable for a very long time. Well so very long time means not even 3 years? Its a bit annoying seeing the problem even with playable leagues and no extra options. Guess ill be back in march after all the patches...

I saw Titanic yesterday: "She will hold over water with 4 compartments full of water, but not 5." Said by Mr. Andrews:lol:

I would say FM hit the iceberg, 1 compartment is floated so far.:D 

So the game/Titanic is still stable at this moment:D

59 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

not good at all....but this was with 1 league playable and the others view-only right? 

Only english league loaded with full database with all players. In fm20 I had 330k players in 2045 (starting from 375k original number). When I'll be in 2045 I'll do comparison what leagues/countries have what values in terms of players and u18 teams if someone is interested. 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Bigpole:

Only english league loaded with full database with all players. In fm20 I had 330k players in 2045 (starting from 375k original number). When I'll be in 2045 I'll do comparison what leagues/countries have what values in terms of players and u18 teams if someone is interested. 

this would be great. I will filter my test with continents too. So it's visible where the loss really happends. 

I have a save game into 2027 with my 2003-04 database (cheap plug), which I guess is pretty close to a complete upheaval of players. Everyone is either deleted or their age is pushed up 17 years. My player count in the editor is 27k, it loads everyone in (unless i set someone's rep too low), then it tacks on another 7k-ish unemployed "day one regens."

Player count in 2027 is up to 57k, which is a lot of growth but a lot of the clubs in my DB start out sparsely populated compared to the real database (I try to keep the lowest at 20ish, so the AI doesn't go all kaplooey, but with some small clubs it's hard to find 20 people to put in) and it's 39 active leagues, but there's not a ton of players outside the 39. I would bet most of the growth comes in the first year or two.

By 2027, I think intake numbers are about in line with what the real game comes up with. 2-3 players per club in England, but the first year intakes were huge. 2-3 players per club in Brazil and it was always pretty bad. Big clubs in Spain and Portugal are still putting up good numbers. The Eastern European non-playables (Czech, Hungary etc) actually look pretty good, but there are barely any players coming from African clubs besides playable Egypt.

Game started after the last patch released, with large database + national reputation players from all continents. Gonna put the save here in case people want to see how the system works with a really weird setup.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/173MJzBKt_ZpO_MSyjLWS-tyBERiWxefE/

Edited by Ruh Roh

5 hours ago, Daveincid said:

You are welcome!

There is indeed a bit of an improvement. But in relation with the smaller db-size compared to a close date in the test before: arround august 2023: 8% loss in total vs 5% in this test. So yeah, it's better so far, or less worse, depending on the view.

Did you already made it to 2024 ? Really interested to see what was the drop like in comparison to advanced db where drop was huge. 

17.08.20 (204k players)

12.07.23 (195k players)

Interim Conclusion:

Cheers

Daveincid

I will keep running the test until 09.08.24

I simulated the test until 09.08.24 without the advanced db:

17.08.24 (191k players)

England: 1250/6828

Spain: 847/8661

Switzerland: 390/2425

China: 654/3031

Iran: League NA/185

USA: 735/4494

Which continents are loosing the most players?

17.08.20 (204k)

Africa: 4041

Asia: 19458

Europe: 137070

North America: 10092

Oceania: 3265

South America: 30238

17.08.24 (191k)

Africa: 3684 (-9%)

Asia: 16302 (-17%)

Europe: 133838 (-3%)

North America: 9904 (-2%)

Oceania: 3210 (-2%)

South America: 24190 (-21%)

Conclusion:

The problem really seems to be heavily in South America and Asia, but also Africa had quite a big loss. I am especially worried about Nations where IRL they have a good league but isn't in the default game. Iran is one example, but it affects all leagues. My experience was, that the  "big hit" will be arround season 26/27. No matter what db you choose, there is a constantly loss of players. So for longterm-saves (only my personal opinion) the game isn't playable without closing both eyes at it's current state.

Cheers

Daveincid 

Anyone else having the issue of when adding in playable leagues to a current save it doesnt actually add the league in when it gets to the date it says. Thought i would try to get round this regen issue a little bit by adding in a load of playable leagues but nothing actually happens, if i try and add that league again after that date it just shows as being added again in another years time.

Also i started with a couple of view only leagues, i selected to change them to playable and it gives me a date in the future when it will change to playable. But when i come off the game and load my save back up next time i play it, its gone back to view only and doesnt show it as playable in the future. 

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Daveincid:

17.08.24 (191k players)

17.08.20 (204k)

17.08.24 (191k)

Conclusion:

The problem really seems to be heavily in South America and Asia, but also Africa had quite a big loss. I am especially worried about Nations where IRL they have a good league but isn't in the default game. Iran is one example, but it affects all leagues. My experience was, that the  "big hit" will be arround season 26/27. No matter what db you choose, there is a constantly loss of players. So for longterm-saves (only my personal opinion) the game isn't playable without closing both eyes at it's current state.

Cheers

Daveincid 

How is the loss with my first test with the advanced db used?

17.08.20 (242k)

Africa: 15106

Asia: 30008

Europe: 144177

North America: 14721

Oceania: 3609

South America: 32769

17.08.24 (218k)

Africa: 11903  (-22%)

Asia: 25119  (-17%)

Europe: 138666 (-4%)

North America: 13386  (-10%)

Oceania: 3417  (-6%)

South America: 25818  (-22%)

Conclusion:

To my understanding the loss is heavier in continents, as soon as there are less leagues playable (which sounds logical to me).  But it also shows, that it is worth to load player via the advanced db in general. You will still get a more realistic setup (Other topic I know), instead of only loading a small/middle/big db.

Edited by Daveincid

49 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

To my understanding the loss is heavier in continents, as soon as there are less leagues playable (which sounds logical to me).  But it also shows, that it is worth to load player via the advanced db in general. You will still get a more realistic setup (Other topic I know), instead of only loading a small/middle/big db.

This test was with all leagues playable wasn't it?  If I remember correctly the large South American depletion was due to them starting with extremely bloated youth squads, so I would imagine as time went on that would level off a bit.  It would be interesting to see a test with leagues loaded which are usually unplayable.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb priority76:

This test was with all leagues playable wasn't it?  If I remember correctly the large South American depletion was due to them starting with extremely bloated youth squads, so I would imagine as time went on that would level off a bit.

Yes, all playable. Yes, the same as the bloated U23 teams in english premier league.  But China was playable too at the start, and they lost massively too. So the problem definetly affects playable leagues too.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb priority76:

It would be interesting to see a test with leagues loaded which are usually unplayable.

Yup, currently creating the setup. thanks to @Timo61 for the megapack. It contains 578 leagues from 212 nations. Advanced db ticked on all except "based in Nation" and "players with nationality". I also added players to playable teams, otherwise there wouldn't be real players in Bhutan's 3rd division, and that would be a massive loss of realism you know:brock:

I don't know about the total player-count yet, it is still loading my setup:lol: I'm wondering if I hit 1 million players:lol::idiot:

Edit:692k players:lol:

Edited by Daveincid
Edit: 692k players

2 hours ago, Daveincid said:

17.08.24 (191k players)

17.08.20 (204k)

17.08.24 (191k)

Conclusion:

Cheers

Daveincid 

So if I get it right: The advanced setup loaded lost 24k players in 4 years, and the normal database without advanced db lost 13k players in the 4 years? 

So a normal db loaded lost almost half less players, which is still A LOT, but comparing it to advanced db, its actually A LOT better. So I guess its up for pessimists and optimits if they are gonna play a long save haha. Will you see a glass half full or half empty :)

Anyway, the newgen system is broken hard, no doubt in that. BUT if u play long save a little slower (without advanced db, only load leagues added in fm already), really invest some time in it, where the years goes a little bit slower than clicking continue all the time the game is pretty much very playable. Even tho loss of youngsters is happening, just imagine yourself that football lost a little of popularity and less kids are training it hehe. Then maybe you wont even notice the loss in total player count :)

At least thats what I am gonna do in my long term save :)

Cheers all

1 hour ago, Daveincid said:

there wouldn't be real players in Bhutan's 3rd division, and that would be a massive loss of realism you know:brock:

Absolutely.  We couldn't have that. :lol:

Let us know how long it takes you to sim a season with that setup, 692k players is ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, blejdek said:

the game is pretty much very playable.

I'm still a bit sceptical about how much this would actually effect the game.  Having AI youth teams with some greyed players doesn't seem like a massive issue to me and if I hadn't stumbled across this thread I really doubt I would ever know this problem exists.  Mind you I rarely get beyond five years in a save.  Maybe I'm missing something fundamental about this problem.  Although now that I know about it I really hope it gets sorted ASAP.

I might try and find one of those saves where someone has gone 500 years into the future and see what things are looking like.  The number of players disappearing has to level out at some point.

3 hours ago, Daveincid said:

How is the loss with my first test with the advanced db used?

17.08.20 (242k)

Africa: 15106

Asia: 30008

Europe: 144177

North America: 14721

Oceania: 3609

South America: 32769

17.08.24 (218k)

Africa: 11903  (-22%)

Asia: 25119  (-17%)

Europe: 138666 (-4%)

North America: 13386  (-10%)

Oceania: 3417  (-6%)

South America: 25818  (-22%)

Conclusion:

Do you know if the European nations lost players were spread evenly across or affected nations disproportionately?