Anele Ngcongca (33) died in a car crash. His #16 has been retired. Asking to retire his number in the game.

BananaPeelsGG

Hello

I never posted on this forum before, i don't even know where to post stuff like this.

2 days ago, Anele Ngcongca died in a terrible car crash on his way to meet his new teammates of the club he was loaned out to.
Anele played 259 games for my club, 'KRC Genk', he played and formed players like Kevin De Bruyne and Thibaut Courtois at our club, Players who have released that they are very sad to lose Anele.

Over his 8 years at our club, he became a champion, and a 2x winner of the belgian cup. He is a real club legend, with 'Thomas Buffel' the only player to have more games for our club.
IRL, the club have released that they are retiring #16, remembering that #16 to be Anele's shirt.
Here i am, asking you, SI, makers of the beloved game of us all, to retire the #16 shirt for 'KRC Genk' in the Belgian first divsion. Me, and the fans of KRC Genk would really appreciate this.
(Currently Elias Sierra has the number 16, but he will obviously fall without a number, it has not been announced what number he will get, due to him not getting into the match squad.)

With much love, and stay safe!
a KRC Genk fan

• Luke Hume locked this topic
  • 2 months later...