FM21 Performance Benchmarking Thread

On 14/12/2020 at 14:51, Brother Ben said:

What it can do is tell you what processor is fastest for Football Manager if you are looking to make a purchase

Would there be any stock in asking people who do 10plus years career games to run the benchmark at 10 seasons in?

Bit more long term ask. But that would be interesting to see the performance of each benchmark 10 years in on each.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

Would there be any stock in asking people who do 10plus years career games to run the benchmark at 10 seasons in?

Bit more long term ask. But that would be interesting to see the performance of each benchmark 10 years in on each.

I did think about this for one of the original tests, my hunch is that this is another reason why its a bit slower than last year because it's in season 2

I would say though it's a bit of an ask.  benchmark C takes some people 30 mins.  Just to get to 10 years in the future I would need to holiday my computer for probably 2 weeks without turning it off

Next years benchmarks will definetely include this type of test though.  without a doubt

10 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

I did think about this for one of the original tests, my hunch is that this is another reason why its a bit slower than last year because it's in season 2

I would say though it's a bit of an ask.  benchmark C takes some people 30 mins.  Just to get to 10 years in the future I would need to holiday my computer for probably 2 weeks without turning it off

Next years benchmarks will definetely include this type of test though.  without a doubt

That would be great. 

I wonder how long it would take with a simple setup of 5 leagues (Eng/Spa/Ger/Ita/Fra) - 3 main divisions each - and to reach 10 years in?

Perhaps people who do play longer term careers - like myself

- could download a benchmark test each

- and play for 10 year career

- and then hand the files back over?

15 hours ago, stevenvdijk said:

Type: Laptop

Model: MacBook Air 13" M1

CPU Model: Apple M1 (8-core)

CPU Base Frequency: 3.2GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: N/A

RAM: 8GB

RAM Clockspeed: -

GPU: Apple GPU

Graphics Level in 3D: Medium

Storage Type: SSD

Benchmark A: 01 min 58 Sec

Benchmark B: 9 min 18 Sec

Benchmark C: 12 min 59 Sec

Was it plugged in when you ran the benchmarks? I am curious because I got 11:23 in benchmark B and you got 9:18. 

3 hours ago, Smurf said:

That would be great. 

I wonder how long it would take with a simple setup of 5 leagues (Eng/Spa/Ger/Ita/Fra) - 3 main divisions each - and to reach 10 years in?

Perhaps people who do play longer term careers - like myself

- could download a benchmark test each

- and play for 10 year career

- and then hand the files back over?

Maybe although you would lose the control of it without all files being the same

The trouble is the All leagues loaded has been the bedrock of the testing for years so that needs to stay but I will say I think there's an argument for using just Benchmark A and using that as a base like this

Bench A - as is / full detail / 10 years in as is / 10 years in full detail

Like I say though you could make an argument for a lot of tests as everyone plays so differently

edit - i'll be updating the spreadsheet in the next couple of days

Edited by Brother Ben

Model: Asus TUF 15

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 9 4900H

CPU Base Frequency: 3.3GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.4GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: 3200mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 - 6GB

Graphics Level in 3D: 5 stars, everything set High/ Very high

Benchmark A: 2min 14

Benchmark B: 10min 36

Benchmark C: 13min 16

Benchmark D: 26min 19

Edited by LincolnCanary

Hello! I am currently buying Ryzen 9 5900x + 32 GB ram DDR-3600 MHZ + Pretty strong ssd ( havent decided yet)

If i load all leagues possible and try to simulate one season, how much time do u think i will have to wait?(and i if i continue after
for more and more seasons?)

I am just interested in heavy simulating :D. Thanks in advance.

I've just upgraded my laptop from 8GB RAM to 16GB and thought I'd give this a run see if it made much of a difference.

Model: Dell XPS 15 9570

CPU Model: i5 - 8300H

RAM Clockspeed: 2660Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 4GB

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Storage Type: HDD

Benchmark A: 03 min 04 Sec

Benchmark B: 13 min 54 Sec

Benchmark C: 27 min 15 Sec

--

RAM Clockspeed: 2400 MHz

Benchmark A: 02 min 58 Sec

Benchmark B: 12 min 20 Sec

Benchmark C: 20 min 05 Sec

Model: Apple MacBook Pro

CPU Model: M1

CPU Base Frequency: 3.2 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency

RAM Clockspeed:

GPU: Integrated

Graphics Level in 3D: High

FM 21.1.3 - Big Sur 11.1

A: 2:04

B: 9:25

C: 12:39

FM 21.2 - Big Sur 11.1

A: 2:00

B: 9:10

C: 12:31

Edited by Harper

Hey guys, what a great Thread and I'm looking forward run the fully benchmark on my laptop. I have run the A and B and will post it in the next days if i'm finished with all of them. But first i've a question. What is the most important hardware component for the fm? For sure it should be balanced to avoid bottlenecks. How much is the GPU and the RAM involved in the gaming speed? I think the GPU is also doing a lot of work, but maybe only in the 3D matches. I'm only playing in the text mode.

My Laptop System:

Model: MSI GE73 VR

CPU Model: i 7 7700 HQ

CPU Base Frequency: 2.8 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.8 GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

I dont know exactly my first result, but i think i'll be in the last third. Is it worth a try to go on 32 GB RAM? If it only will take me 10 seconds faster it isnt worthy. But for 2-3 minutes i'd take it. Have somebody tested it?

Type: Custom Desktop

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

CPU Base Frequency: 3.7GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.60 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 3200Mhz

GPU: GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI GAMING 4G

Benchmark A: 01 min 36 Sec

Benchmark B: 06 min 35 Sec

Benchmark C: 09 min 16 Sec

Benchmark D: 22 min 01 sec

It runs on the latest version, which is FM 21.2

Edited by amor.tsai

Done the test again but with my CPU at 5ghz fully stable and the new  Football manager 2.2 update

Type: Custom desktop

Model: Desktop

CPU Model: i7 9700k 8 cores and 8 threads

CPU Base Frequency: 3.6gh

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5ghz, Overclocked on all cores

RAM Clockspeed: @3000mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce Rtx 2070

Graphics Level in 3D: Very high

Storage Type: Nvme 1tb

Benchmark A: 1.43 secs

Benchmark B: 7.40 secs

Benchmark C: will do this test later

Benchmark D: will do this test later

I got a 20 second better result with TEST B my other test at 4.8ghz was bang on 8 mins

Edited by jckc221013jamie

hi all

CPU Model: i9 9900k 8 cores and 16 threads

CPU Frequency: 4.8 ghz ( MSI Game Boost )

RAM Clockspeed: @3600mhz

GPU: GeForce 1070

Storage Type:  1tb  ssd

Benchmark A: 1.33 secs

Benchmark B: 6.30 secs

Benchmark C:8.50 secs

Edited by marioo

12 minutes ago, marioo said:

hi all

CPU Model: i9 9900k 8 cores and 16 threads

CPU Frequency: 4.8 ghz ( MSI Game Boost )

RAM Clockspeed: @3600mhz

GPU: GeForce 1070

Storage Type:  1tb  ssd

Benchmark A: 1.33 secs

Benchmark B: 6.30 secs

Benchmark C:8.50 secs

Interesting. Looks like your slightly faster RAM helps as your i9 9900k is 37 seconds faster than mine in Benchmark B. Strange considering A & C are only a few seconds difference.

Was this on 21.2? Could be another reason, I tested on the old version. Seems 21.2 is a little quicker.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

10 minutes ago, marioo said:
I think it's a version of the game rather than a memory. My version of the OC comes from the motherboard (game boost), I didn't do anything else with the OC

But your memory is 3600mhz right? That will make a difference.

On 18/12/2020 at 07:20, vladikliese89 said:

Hey guys, what a great Thread and I'm looking forward run the fully benchmark on my laptop. I have run the A and B and will post it in the next days if i'm finished with all of them. But first i've a question. What is the most important hardware component for the fm? For sure it should be balanced to avoid bottlenecks. How much is the GPU and the RAM involved in the gaming speed? I think the GPU is also doing a lot of work, but maybe only in the 3D matches. I'm only playing in the text mode.

My Laptop System:

Model: MSI GE73 VR

CPU Model: i 7 7700 HQ

CPU Base Frequency: 2.8 GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

I dont know exactly my first result, but i think i'll be in the last third. Is it worth a try to go on 32 GB RAM? If it only will take me 10 seconds faster it isnt worthy. But for 2-3 minutes i'd take it. Have somebody tested it?

My setup gives me a readout of ram usage. Even with all leagues loaded and a very high detail setting where I fully simulate the leagues in many countries I have never used more than 9gb ram for the whole system. This includes having other background programmes and browser tabs open playing YouTube. I recently swapped 32gb ram for 16gb of faster ram and it made my system ever so slightly faster. 

Thank you Brother Ben for the doing this again, excellent job. 

Tested on latest FM21.2

Type: Laptop

Model: Lenovo P51

CPU Model: i7 - 7700HQ

CPU Base Frequency: 2.8GHz

RAM: 32GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2400Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA Quadra M1200 4GB

Benchmark A: 02 min 58 Sec

Benchmark B: 13 min 07 Sec

Afternoon all,

The spreadsheet is fully updated, 60 systems tested, will update the screenshots in post 2 tonight

We're only 3 systems shy of the amount we tested in the entirety of last year so a massive thanks to all.  Have a cracking Christmas :applause:

On 17/12/2020 at 20:35, Harper said:

Model: Apple MacBook Pro

CPU Model: M1

CPU Base Frequency: 3.2 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency

RAM Clockspeed:

GPU: Integrated

FM 21.1.3 - Big Sur 11.1

A: 2:04

B: 9:25

C: 12:39

FM 21.2 - Big Sur 11.1

A: 2:00

B: 9:10

C: 12:31

30 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Afternoon all,

The spreadsheet is fully updated, 60 systems tested, will update the screenshots in post 2 tonight

We're only 3 systems shy of the amount we tested in the entirety of last year so a massive thanks to all.  Have a cracking Christmas :applause:

My Mac entry (currently rownum 20) is incorrect in the spreadsheet (B & C timings should be 9:10 and 12:31 for the most recent versions, and RAM is 16GB) 

Edited by Harper

Type: Desktop

Model: Custom

CPU Model: i7 - 7700k

CPU Base Frequency: 4.2GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.80 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 8GB

Benchmark A: 02 min 03 Sec

Benchmark B: 08 min 42 Sec

Benchmark C: 13 min 39 Sec

Benchmark D: 37 min 40 sec

Model: ASUS TUF FA506IU

CPU model: Ryzen 5 4600h

CPU Base frequency: 3.0ghz

Turbo frequency: 4.0ghz

RAM: 8gb

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660ti - 6gb

Graphics: very high 

Storage: ssd

Benchmark A: 2:49

Benchmark B: 14:07

New laptop purchased mainly for fm21 and I’d love some feedback from more technically minded people if those are good times for the system and if I could potentially get better for the price (£650) 

Looking to upgrade the RAM to 16gb but unsure if this will make much (if any) difference? 

Edited by Boroboss

On 25/12/2020 at 12:01, Boroboss said:

Model: ASUS TUF FA506IU

New laptop purchased mainly for fm21 and I’d love some feedback from more technically minded people if those are good times for the system and if I could potentially get better for the price (£650) 

Looking to upgrade the RAM to 16gb but unsure if this will make much (if any) difference? 

We have 3 other systems with the same processor tested

6420da5e961bb8c71bd20a6c884fbc0e.png

Your results look fairly consistent with other results, could be a little quicker I suppose, have you shut everything else down and done a restart and are you in high power mode?

In terms of RAM I wouldn't bother really unless you are looking to have a load of browser tabs or other programs open in the background.

@Smurf  May know more than me but that looks like a really good price for this system and to get a 1660ti for that price is good going.  A quick google puts this processor and graphics card combination at least £150 more expensive elsewhere.  I'd say you have yourself a real bargain

Edited by Brother Ben

On 25/12/2020 at 12:01, Boroboss said:

Model: ASUS TUF

16 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Your results look fairly consistent with other results, could be a little quicker I suppose, have you shut everything else down and done a restart and are you in high power mode?

In terms of RAM I wouldn't bother really unless you are looking to have a load of browser tabs or other programs open in the background.

@Smurf  May know more than me but that looks like a really good price for this system and to get a 1660ti for that price is good going.  A quick google puts this processor and graphics card combination at least £150 more expensive elsewhere.  I'd say you have yourself a real bargain

Don't see why it's slower - hard to know.

Mostly new laptops need some updating once you get them. 

You can get latest drivers here

asus.com/Laptops/For-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-A15/HelpDesk_Download

Start doing them one at a time - BIOS first

7 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Thanks for the reply, yeah everything was set up how it was explained in the instructions, I was definitely hoping for it to be a little faster but coming from a intel 1.2ghz processor it’s still like lightning haha! 

good to know with the ram thanks for saving me £100!! 

7 hours ago, Smurf said:

Don't see why it's slower - hard to know.

Mostly new laptops need some updating once you get them. 

You can get latest drivers here

asus.com/Laptops/For-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-A15/HelpDesk_Download

Start doing them one at a time - BIOS first

everything was up to date, bios was the first thing I did when I turned it on. A little disappointed it’s coming bottom to similar specs but with this graphics card I’m able to play most other games I play at ultra/very high settings and get 60-100 FPS so not all bad I suppose.

*edit - after looking around it seems like if I paid full price £850/900 then it would definitely be worth paying the extra £100/150 for the lenovo legion or hp pavillion as they definitely seem to have superior performance for the same setup (on intense days the cpu spikes at 100% then drops right after so not sure if the cpu throttles before the day has finished processing so takes longer or if it just dips because it’s no longer processing the day?) as I got it around £650 I can’t complain at all I don’t think. Thanks for the help and advice I’m a complete novice!

Appreciate the advice though I’ll definitely give it another check with all updates and run it again. 

Edited by Boroboss

Type: Desktop 1 (of 3)

Model: Custom (Intel/Nvidia Rig)

CPU Model: i5-9600k

CPU Base Frequency: 3.7GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.65 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 3600Mhz

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

Storage Type: NVMe M.2 SSD

Benchmark A: 01 min 41secs (1:41:29)

Benchmark B: 07 min 20 secs (7:20:10)

Benchmark C: 10 min 31 secs (10:31:44)

Benchmark D: Probably tomorrow, or NYD given how long it will take.

Edited by CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon

On 13/12/2020 at 22:27, nkunku said:

Model: HP Pavilion 15

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U

CPU Base Frequency: 2,1GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3,7GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 2.400MT/s

GPU: Radeon RX Vega 8

Graphics Level in 3D: ?

Benchmark A: 05 min 32 Sec

Benchmark B: 24 min 50 Sec

Benchmark C: xx min xx Sec

Benchmark D: Computer says No!

With this results, is somebody willing to please go on vacation with the game i attached to 1July 2025 and 1July 2032?

It would thake days and days for me to do that..

I would be very very thankfull!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l8z7mgx86kjs8vq/start.fm/file

It seems like there is no reason, but my PC suddenly takes much more time for Benchmark A: 10 min 56 Sec. Is there something worng with the game (-updates or something?) or must it really be my PC?

I also experience a lot of slowing down in my current save..

Naamloos.png

Edited by nkunku

1 hour ago, nkunku said:

It seems like there is no reason, but my PC suddenly takes much more time for Benchmark A: 10 min 56 Sec. Is there something worng with the game (-updates or something?) or must it really be my PC?

I also experience a lot of slowing down in my current save..

Naamloos.png

That is odd, might be worth raising it in the bugs forum, the GPU use looks high but then I'm not sure how it would look normally.

I'd never envisaged these benchmarks being used as a diagnostic tool but it's quite cool that you can 

Edited by Brother Ben

Here are my results from two systems:

Model: MSI GE73VR 7RF Raider

CPU Model: i7 - 7700 HG

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.80 GHz

Benchmark A: 03 min 27 Sec

Benchmark B: 14 min 28 Sec

Benchmark C: 21 min 42 Sec

Benchmark D: Couldn't do it atm.

CPU Model: i7 - 6700

CPU Base Frequency: 3.4 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.0 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 2133Mhz

GPU: Intel 530

Graphics Level in 3D: Low

Benchmark A: 02 min 38 Sec

Benchmark B: 11 min 18 Sec

Benchmark C: 17 min 02 Sec

Benchmark D: 45 min 24 Sec

Really happy with the result of the second system, as the cpu is already 5 years old. It`s time to sell the laptop and buy a custom PC for that money, as i`m only playing FM a wont buy a dedicated GPU. Instead of that i`ll save the money and invest it in the 9700 K.

Here are my results before and after upgrade of CPU:

CPU Model: I5 - 7500

GPU: GTX 1660 Super Gaming 6 GB

Benchmark A: 03 min 10 Sec

Benchmark B: 12 min 38 Sec

Benchmark C: 22 min 56 Sec

CPU Model: I5 - 10400

CPU Base Frequency: 2.9 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.3 GHz

Benchmark A: 02 min 06 Sec

Benchmark B: 08 min 57 Sec

Benchmark C: 12 min 19 Sec

Edited by pow4h

On 07/12/2020 at 00:56, bananahk said:

Model: Custom build

CPU Model: R5 - 3600

CPU Base Frequency: 3.9GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.90 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 960M - 2GB

Benchmark A: 02 min 13 Sec

Benchmark B: 09 min 52 Sec

Benchmark C: 13 min 02 Sec

Benchmark D: NA

After change a cooler, I was able to run CPU at 4.2 all the way very stable.

Benchmark A: 01 min 58 Sec

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2021 at 11:14, vladikliese89 said:

Here are my results from two systems:

Model: MSI GE73VR 7RF Raider

CPU Model: i7 - 7700 HG

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.80 GHz

Benchmark A: 03 min 27 Sec

Benchmark B: 14 min 28 Sec

Benchmark C: 21 min 42 Sec

Benchmark D: Couldn't do it atm.

CPU Model: i7 - 6700

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.0 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 2133Mhz

GPU: Intel 530

Graphics Level in 3D: Low

Benchmark A: 02 min 38 Sec

Benchmark B: 11 min 18 Sec

Benchmark C: 17 min 02 Sec

Benchmark D: 45 min 24 Sec

Really happy with the result of the second system, as the cpu is already 5 years old. It`s time to sell the laptop and buy a custom PC for that money, as i`m only playing FM a wont buy a dedicated GPU. Instead of that i`ll save the money and invest it in the 9700 K.

Yeah if you have the space a desktop is the way to go.  Splash all your cash on the best processor you can get as even a low end GPU is fine for FM

On 05/01/2021 at 12:04, pow4h said:

Here are my results before and after upgrade of CPU:

CPU Model: I5 - 7500

Benchmark A: 03 min 10 Sec

Benchmark B: 12 min 38 Sec

Benchmark C: 22 min 56 Sec

CPU Model: I5 - 10400

CPU Base Frequency: 2.9 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.3 GHz

Benchmark A: 02 min 06 Sec

Benchmark B: 08 min 57 Sec

Benchmark C: 12 min 19 Sec

Really nice performance bump there

Model: Lenovo H30-50

CPU Model: Intel Core i7 4790

CPU Base Frequency: 3.60GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.00GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 1600MHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745

Benchmark A: 03 min 18 sec

Benchmark B: 13 min 05 sec

Benchmark C: 19 min 00 sec

Benchmark D: No way. Benchmark C pushed my CPU temps into the mid-90s, so I wouldn't dare try this one! :lol:

I'm waiting on some RAM and SSD upgrades and will run the benchmarks again after the upgrades are installed.

CPU Model: Ryzen 7 5800x

CPU Base Frequency: 3.8 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.7 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 4000Mhz

GPU: AMD RX 580 - 4GB

Benchmark A: 01 min 24 Sec

Benchmark B: 06 min 06 Sec

Benchmark C: 08 min 00 Sec

Benchmark D: 16 min 56 Sec

23 hours ago, CFuller said:

Benchmark A: 03 min 18 sec

Benchmark B: 13 min 05 sec

Benchmark C: 19 min 00 sec

Benchmark D: No way. Benchmark C pushed my CPU temps into the mid-90s, so I wouldn't dare try this one! :lol:

I'm waiting on some RAM and SSD upgrades and will run the benchmarks again after the upgrades are installed.

Yeah benchmark D is a bit of a killer!  High 90's is pretty bad though, i've got a 4670k and mine doesn't go up that high, might be worth putting some new thermal paste on the processor, did it with mine not long back and it took a good 10 degrees off the temps

6 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Yeah benchmark D is a bit of a killer!  High 90's is pretty bad though, i've got a 4670k and mine doesn't go up that high, might be worth putting some new thermal paste on the processor, did it with mine not long back and it took a good 10 degrees off the temps

I have actually been thinking about applying some new thermal paste, though it's not something I've done before. This PC is nearly six years old now and struggles to stay below the 80s when processing matches, so it probably is time.

• 2 weeks later...

Model: custom

CPU Model: Amd Ryzen 5 2600

CPU Base Frequency: 3,4GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.90 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 2666Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI

Graphics Level in 3D: very high

Benchmark A: 2;43

Benchmark B: 11;19

Benchmark C: 15;11

Benchmark D:  to much time i think

Type Laptop

Model: Lenovo Ideapad 330

CPU Model: i7 - 8750H

CPU Base Frequency: 2.2GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.1 GHz

GPU: GTX 1050 - 2GB

Benchmark A

Benchmark B

Benchmark C: 20 min 45 Sec

Benchmark D: 60 min 29 Sec

Edited by lizard2771

New SSD. New RAM. New CPU thermal paste. New benchmarks!

RAM: 16GB (previously 8GB)

Storage Type: SSD (previously HDD)

Benchmark A: 02 min 45 sec (previously 03 min 18 sec)

Benchmark B: 12 min 21 sec (previously 13 min 05 sec)

Benchmark C: 17 min 55 sec (previously 19 min 00 sec)

A good improvement on Benchmark A, though I wouldn't say the results are quite so obvious on Benchmarks B or C. I don't use such large game setups, though, so I'm not too bothered.

I wrote about CPU temps last time, with my CPU getting as hot as 95 Celsius on the previous test. The thermal paste is definitely doing its job, as it only just hit 70 on Benchmark B, and then peaked at 81 on Benchmark C.

My computer might be getting on a bit now, but with these new upgrades, it's good to see it can still handle FM21 reasonably well. :thup: (I'm still giving Benchmark D a miss, though. :lol:)

Edited by CFuller

11 hours ago, CFuller said:

New SSD. New RAM. New CPU thermal paste. New benchmarks!

RAM: 16GB (previously 8GB)

Storage Type: SSD (previously HDD)

Benchmark A: 02 min 45 sec (previously 03 min 18 sec)

Benchmark B: 12 min 21 sec (previously 13 min 05 sec)

Benchmark C: 17 min 55 sec (previously 19 min 00 sec)

A good improvement on Benchmark A, though I wouldn't say the results are quite so obvious on Benchmarks B or C. I don't use such large game setups, though, so I'm not too bothered.

I wrote about CPU temps last time, with my CPU getting as hot as 95 Celsius on the previous test. The thermal paste is definitely doing its job, as it only just hit 70 on Benchmark B, and then peaked at 81 on Benchmark C.

My computer might be getting on a bit now, but with these new upgrades, it's good to see it can still handle FM21 reasonably well. :thup: (I'm still giving Benchmark D a miss, though. :lol:)

That's great.  Glad it was a simple solution for you.  20-30 degrees is incredible.  Might get slightly better too as the paste beds in

Type: Custom desktop

Model: Desktop

CPU Model: i5-10400

CPU Base Frequency:  2.9

CPU Turbo Frequency:  4.2

RAM Clockspeed: 2133mhz

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Armor OCV1 3GB GDDR5

Graphics Level in 3D: Very high

Storage Type: ssd

Benchmark A: 2 min 10 sec

Benchmark B: 8 min 20 sec