In-Game Editor purchased but not appearing in game, even when Steam is online

Arvid04

FM21 runs perfectly. But the in-game editor makes with me the same problem!!!   --->  Control at Downloads:  "Connection failed and Error: 1000"

I bought it via Steam yesterday, this DLC is installed, available in the library and the pencil is not displayed ingame. I play online. The in-game editor worked perfectly in FM19 and FM20 immediately!

I hope there will soon be a satisfactory answer.

Edit: Now I have tried several other possibilities like Steam restarting etc. - Unfortunately nothing helps.

Same problem for me here.

FM21 runs perfectly but in-game editor its not appearing in the FM menu even tho I bought it from steam, it appears in the download section but no pencil ou the menu after I load the save

As u can see in the image I can "download" it in the game but the pencil on top corner dont appear

92a16be1b51f983ddf163671df424bad.png

Edited by rodaz31
add print

• Freddie Sands changed the title to In-Game Editor purchased but not appearing in game, even when Steam is online
  • SI Staff
On 25/11/2020 at 11:41, Arvid04 said:

FM21 runs perfectly. But the in-game editor makes with me the same problem!!!   --->  Control at Downloads:  "Connection failed and Error: 1000"

I bought it via Steam yesterday, this DLC is installed, available in the library and the pencil is not displayed ingame. I play online. The in-game editor worked perfectly in FM19 and FM20 immediately!

I hope there will soon be a satisfactory answer.

Edit: Now I have tried several other possibilities like Steam restarting etc. - Unfortunately nothing helps.

23 hours ago, rodaz31 said:

Same problem for me here.

FM21 runs perfectly but in-game editor its not appearing in the FM menu even tho I bought it from steam, it appears in the download section but no pencil ou the menu after I load the save

As u can see in the image I can "download" it in the game but the pencil on top corner dont appear

Hi guys, I've split your messages out into a different thread as the In-Game Editor not appearing whilst offline on Steam is a known issue - but from the sounds of your posts you are both not able to use the In-Game Editor in a new save game even when purchased and online. Is this correct?

If so, Arvid is your profile set to online on Steam or hidden/something else (just to double check) - and just to confirm, you're getting the connection failed error on the Downloads panel whilst online, correct?

Rodaz, does this save game have the In-Game Editor enabled? (This can be checked on FM > Game Status)

@Freddie Sandsi am now online all day long!

The in-game editor is not shown in the game as a pencil, although I tried everything imaginable several times in the meantime and changed everything in Steam and the FM settings.

It just does not work in the FM21! Why not with me? - As written I had no problems in FM20. - Please help!

The editor is installed in Steam and for testing I have opened "Downloads" in FM Start page:

03.jpg

Edited by Arvid04

I'm having this problem too. I've re-installed steam and FM21 a couple of times. The In-Game editor is showing up in Steam but not in game and I get the error message when trying to re-purchase it from the downloads section in game.

My Steam is online and FM21 preferences ticks the in game editor (and unchecked the prevention of in-game use in start up). 

Please can someone assist?

Can't see a wait out of this until there is an update? I've seen previous year forum posts relating to the same issue - lots of people seem to purchase the In-Game editor via Steam, not be able to get it working and then end up buying it via the game. I've been trying that but why should a customer have to pay twice?

I'm not sure what is happening - can anyone update? It is frustrating because this is a paid component of the game. 

If anybody needs screen shots let me know but for clarification:

- I've purchased the In-Game Editor via Steam

- Steam shows up that the game has been purchased and downloaded.

- Steam is operating "online"

- I've untick the disable in game editor box when starting up a game

- And when in game I go to preferences to make sure the In Game editor is shown on the Menu Bar

- I've used the In Game Editor on previous versions of FM so I know the general approach. 

- After experiencing the above I then went to re-purchase the editor in game via the Downloads section of the start screen but this just brings up an Error 1000 message. 

- I've deleted Steam and FM21 twice over, rebooted and deleted cDrive files - all to no avail.

AAAAAARRGH!!!

Ditto here.

When offline in-game editor 'pencil' appears in usual position but is greyed-out (purpled-out) and clicking it does nothing.

Works online.

Same for main pc and laptop.

This is on Steam.

And default install - no skins etc.

(Was going to fill-out bug report but they want too much info.).

Edited by Guest

Hey guys

I had this issue and either the last update or the following fixed it - I am on a Mac just for clarity

• Go into Steam and set yourself to offline
  • Restart Steam and go back online
  • Right click on the game in your library & verify the integrity of files on the local files tab (mine had 6 that needed reloading)
  • Once this has closed re-do the verify thing
  • Restart your game and enjoy editor goodness

This fixed it for me so hopefully if Sega hasn't helped some of you yet this might

21 minutes ago, kevgaleuk said:

Hey guys

I had this issue and either the last update or the following fixed it - I am on a Mac just for clarity

• Right click on the game in your library & verify the integrity of files on the local files tab (mine had 6 that needed reloading)

This fixed it for me so hopefully if Sega hasn't helped some of you yet this might

it doesn't work i have just tried it

2 hours ago, kevgaleuk said:

Hey guys

This did not work for me, unfortuneately.

Are SI claiming this is a Steam issue - and not for for them to fix?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have a big problem. I bought FM 21 in-game editor on steam, I already paid with paypal, but in-game editor isn't even in my library on steam? What I did wrong and how I can download it, because it seems like I didn't even bought I game, but the money was taken from my account.

Edited by tim.ograjensek

• 6 months later...
On 31/12/2020 at 18:43, pnkjkmr772 said:

Hello... Suffering from the same issue except mine shows that I have purchased it on steam but it's still not purchased in game and asking me to buy it again

Same here, help needed!