FM21 Best HOYD?

ernemann

The last versions I´ve used Berhard Peters as my HOYD in almost all my saves, but this year I dont think he looks so good. So is he still good or who would you sign this year?

Found a few nice ones but without any former jobs, so what are your experience ? Better to sign those with experience or does it matter?

Peters was my go-to as well. :D Still looks decent but definitely been toned down this version.

I ended up going with Filippo Galli.  Free, model citizen and 18/17/19 for the three main attributes.  Also got 17 determination and 19 man management.

Nuno Gomes looks pretty decent too.

4 hours ago, celtic_fc said:

Peters was my go-to as well. :D Still looks decent but definitely been toned down this version.

I ended up going with Filippo Galli.  Free, model citizen and 18/17/19 for the three main attributes.  Also got 17 determination and 19 man management.

Nuno Gomes looks pretty decent too.

Decided to take a chance with Peters in Valencia, so lets see how it will go, but Galli looks great though ;)

Unfortunately Galli and Peters have both retired in my save but Nick Cox is bringing in a bunch of **** in my United save and has to go. I guess I'll keep searching for someone. Bruno Conti is in love with Poch at Roma so I can't get him either.

On 29/11/2020 at 03:56, Sherkey said:

Bruno Conti in my save. Signs for United for about 14k a week, however, dunno if he qualifies for a WP since he only has a Continental A Licence.

image.thumb.png.a43919d4c86ce57dac6aa954d3201e8d.png

I signed him for Liverpool   :lock:

Edited by Fritz13

• 2 months later...

So is it still Galli who are our favorite Hoyd? For me it is but have any had succes with one maybe someone we dont Seem to Pick up in the game? Would be fun if there was a HOYD from the start of the game that is awesome and we didnt know about it 💪😀

• 3 months later...

Samaden at Inter is probably the best real HOYD, 20 in the three highlighted attributes, but also need to keep in mind that HOYD can be used as a coach, so all of their attributes should be taken into account.

Peters used to be my go to in previous FM's as he had a 5 star rating in one of the training categories.

I now usually go for one of the Newgen's at the start of the game as you are guaranteed to get one with 4 and a half to 5 star training ratings.

• 5 months later...

So it seems that our good old friend Bernhard Peters is gone in the game and our other friend Filippo Galli now is at Parma U18, so who would you go after as your HOYD ? I know if you are in a huge club we can always go after the best, but if we are a smaller team who would you pick? A regen or is there someone you have found allready?

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/10/2021 at 10:15, ernemann said:

So it seems that our good old friend Bernhard Peters is gone in the game and our other friend Filippo Galli now is at Parma U18, so who would you go after as your HOYD ? I know if you are in a huge club we can always go after the best, but if we are a smaller team who would you pick? A regen or is there someone you have found allready?

Peters is still in the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone looking for a half decent one in FM22 Helmut Jungheim, has 18’s in the three key stats as well as a 4 and a half star rating for one of the training categories(possession tac or tech off the top of my head)

His personality is professional for that added bonus of affecting young players he brings through and even better he’s free!. About £14-20k per week in wages which might be a stumbling block for clubs outside the top of their respective countries leagues.

The Lazio HOYD looks pretty good too less in wages (about £10-15k but have to pay compensation)

Edited by SteveUK

• 1 year later...