FM21 Editor and old files!!

van helmut

Hey ,

Same problem here. I was updating the 2020 editor for 853 hours a massive German expansion , 332.000 changes including 9929 new clubs with all info , missing cities , stadiums , regional borders , kit colors , etc.

I import the xml and and holy **** , about a 3th of the new records are not found3

They changed the new ID number list for clubs , in 2020 they begin with 2082 and with FM2021 with 2000 , so most ID's do not work and all info is lost.

• SI Staff
On 26/11/2020 at 15:58, van helmut said:

Every old files.... with created items

are not working..... with fm21,, Editor don'read these changes...

new weather... new players... new awards.... new derby...... nothing

Please fix

22 hours ago, thesacrisant said:

Hey ,

Same problem here. I was updating the 2020 editor for 853 hours a massive German expansion , 332.000 changes including 9929 new clubs with all info , missing cities , stadiums , regional borders , kit colors , etc.

I import the xml and and holy **** , about a 3th of the new records are not found3

They changed the new ID number list for clubs , in 2020 they begin with 2082 and with FM2021 with 2000 , so most ID's do not work and all info is lost.

19 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

I have files going back several years that have worked when moving to the new editor saving and then loading in a new save

FM21 not one of the files can be used

16 hours ago, kiya97450 said:

Same problem...

Hi all, if you have any examples to hand could you upload to this thread (or our cloud service) please. Thanks

hi guys prove this

- open the .fmf file in fm20 editor

- export in format .xml

- open the xml with notepad

- find this line (there are so many throughout the document) -----> <large id="db_unique_id" value="-1"/>

- REPLACE ALL to this (there is the appropriate command in notepad) ----> <large id="db_unique_id" value="4294967297"/>

- save the file in notepad

- open FM21 editor and import the .XML

- SAVE in .fmf file

all this procedure for every single file you need , is working

@Freddie Sands

uploaded three files:

KUBI_People_ID.zip

They work when changing the unique_ID, but this conversion should be done by the editor.

- find this line (there are so many throughout the document) -----> <large id="db_unique_id" value="-1"/>

- REPLACE ALL to this (there is the appropriate command in notepad) ----> <large id="db_unique_id" value="4294967297"/>

It's the same with league rules if you added a competition or club

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

@Freddie Sands

uploaded three files:

KUBI_People_ID.zip

They work when changing the unique_ID, but this conversion should be done by the editor.

- find this line (there are so many throughout the document) -----> <large id="db_unique_id" value="-1"/>

- REPLACE ALL to this (there is the appropriate command in notepad) ----> <large id="db_unique_id" value="4294967297"/>

It's the same with league rules if you added a competition or club

I have tried to  replace the command  as you suggest above, in the file it didnt  find the command in the open file

775a7508a28daa92b52f72195f4c9ad8.png

even checked that I hadnt managed to replace it with the new command

ab237f1776c1b4533f624be670b9cbac.png

Edited by Roy Race 9

1 hour ago, Il Marchese del Grillo said:

I already apologize if the question is stupid ..... but did you go to the beginning of the document before doing the search by clicking with the mouse at the top of the list? The lines involved are still a lot so you should use replace not find

yes mate there is another issue with the file changing the commands will not assist me

cheers

vor einer Stunde schrieb van helmut:

I have a file with an International comp created with fm20

but the line <large id="db_unique_id" value="-1"/>

is not in the xml???

so

what can i do? @KUBI

It you added the competition there should be this line. Or did you just activate an existing competition? An why did you not upload your file so that Freddie could have a look into it?