The Realism Thread

9 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

I definitely hope to be here long term. As I said in the previous post being from MOSCOW is massive for me not just because it’s the capital city, but also because that will more likely be where some of the best youth come from. Also the challenge of  making them the most dominant team in the country and the capital through our own youth system is very very appealing. Obviously that is the dream but it’s going to be extremely difficult. Im curious as to how the clubs budget will work going forward. As a club which won’t sign players will I get some form of transfer budget? If not where will the money I would expect to get go? I would ideally like to pump all the money into youth facilities and junior coaching etc. 

Would be lovely if it could just be pumped into youth facilities, however I suspect you just wont get one like when a game is started with transfers off.  Don't know though - let us know!

6 minutes ago, bazhsw said:

Ah, the curse / joy of setting up a new team!  I have been known to spend a few hours 'sorting things' before pressing continue but I am trying to be a little more relaxed about things this time and not try to micromanage absolutely everything (and still fail lol)

Set pieces are the thing that takes me ages, but I can't in good conscience leave them.  Every single time I concede from a corner or free kick I would be furious because I hadn't done them, and the same when all of my corners are awful.  At least if I do them and still fail, I know it's my fault :lol:

Just trying to work out if "Save all routines" would just save all routines for the set piece I'm working with at the time - ie. I am currently doing throw ins.  Will the "Save all routines" option save only throw in routines, or am I going to overwrite it when I save corners?  Will be fuming if so :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

I have no idea why I seem to get in a loop where I continuously restart as different teams sometimes.  Probably happens to all of us.

But the initial period of reviewing players, sorting staff out, sorting training out (both individual & team) as well as the nightmare that is set pieces takes me literally hours.  I want to do this as little as possible this version, which means I want this save to go long.

Does it take you guys hours too?  I'm five hours in, am yet to kick a ball and am halfway through sorting team training with Set Pieces still to go :(

Yeah, I can relate. I always look at my new team and tweak things for a couple of hours at least. I also hate set pieces with passion... If you also take over planning training schedules I recommend making a couple of templates and export them, and then just load and tweak. Saves a lot of time for me.

How do you guys set up your staff responsibilities? I used to take over almost everything but I feel that's not realistic at all, and also much more work for me. I decided to change this and "converted" my Paris FC save - I delegated a lot of stuff to my staff. For example I no longer hire the General Manager and Technical Director - the President does that, as I feel that would also happen in reality. I only hire coaching, scouting and medical staff as well as head coaches for my Reserves and U19s, and they hire their own staff too. I also let my Chief Scout assign scouts - something I've never done before - which is improved now with the recruitment meetings. I will also assign signing players and contracts to my General Manager as soon as we hire one.
I think this approach is much more realistic - after all I doubt in reality head coaches have authority over all that. I'm still able to outline what I need for my team. Taking care of all that also gave me a big advantage over AI, so now my General Manager will be able to screw my finances just as well as theirs.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Junkhead:

I have no idea why I seem to get in a loop where I continuously restart as different teams sometimes.  Probably happens to all of us.

Happends to me so often! But when I look back to all my saves since 2013, the ones which I really keep on playing, are theese special little story's behind the team. Maybe a special City in real-life, or a place where I was during holidays. The more I get familiar with everything arround the club, the longer my motivation keeps up:) I was in Panama to visit my guest-family. Friends of their family took me to a league-game from San Francisco FC in La Chorrera. This was like carneval during football! Just amazing! So I started a career there. The save lasted over 200 hours and until 2030 without a single day on holiday-mode. Still one of my favourite saves ever!

12 minutes ago, m.ollie said:

Yeah, I can relate. I always look at my new team and tweak things for a couple of hours at least. I also hate set pieces with passion... If you also take over planning training schedules I recommend making a couple of templates and export them, and then just load and tweak. Saves a lot of time for me.

How do you guys set up your staff responsibilities? I used to take over almost everything but I feel that's not realistic at all, and also much more work for me. I decided to change this and "converted" my Paris FC save - I delegated a lot of stuff to my staff. For example I no longer hire the General Manager and Technical Director - the President does that, as I feel that would also happen in reality. I only hire coaching, scouting and medical staff as well as head coaches for my Reserves and U19s, and they hire their own staff too. I also let my Chief Scout assign scouts - something I've never done before - which is improved now with the recruitment meetings. I will also assign signing players and contracts to my General Manager as soon as we hire one.
I think this approach is much more realistic - after all I doubt in reality head coaches have authority over all that. I'm still able to outline what I need for my team. Taking care of all that also gave me a big advantage over AI, so now my General Manager will be able to screw my finances just as well as theirs.

At the beginning of my time at a club,  I get everything exactly as I want it.  Later on I start delegating because there just becomes too much to keep track of on a daily basis.  By the beginning of the second season, I start delegating stuff.

4 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

Happends to me so often! But when I look back to all my saves since 2013, the ones which I really keep on playing, are theese special little story's behind the team. Maybe a special City in real-life, or a place where I was during holidays. The more I get familiar with everything arround the club, the longer my motivation keeps up:) I was in Panama to visit my guest-family. Friends of their family took me to a league-game from San Francisco FC in La Chorrera. This was like carneval during football! Just amazing! So I started a career there. The save lasted over 200 hours and until 2030 without a single day on holiday-mode. Still one of my favourite saves ever!

Yeah, I completely agree that sometimes you take over a side from a place you have visited and it keeps you interested.  I tend to find though that sometimes it just FEELS right, and other times it doesn't.  I couldn't even tell you why.  Just something nagging at me telling me that the team isn't a good fit.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Junkhead:

Yeah, I completely agree that sometimes you take over a side from a place you have visited and it keeps you interested.  I tend to find though that sometimes it just FEELS right, and other times it doesn't.  I couldn't even tell you why.  Just something nagging at me telling me that the team isn't a good fit.

Sounds like in relationships, sometimes it fit's, sometimes it just doesn't. So keep going to find "the right club". Once you found it, settle down, enjoy every minute and just be happy until death (Release-date of FM22)  sorry for off-topic:lol:

45 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

Sounds like in relationships, sometimes it fit's, sometimes it just doesn't. So keep going to find "the right club". Once you found it, settle down, enjoy every minute and just be happy until death (Release-date of FM22)  sorry for off-topic:lol:

100% haha

First friendly, first goal - corner drifted in to my 6'3 right winger as per my instructions. :cool: 

Guys there is a bug in the standard database whereby RB Salzburg do not appear in the Austrian Cup.  Another user in the League Specific issues forum has created a fix.  

I am gonna carry on my save as enjoying it and not playing in Austria anyway, but thought I would let you guys know in case you were about to start a save.

Well @Junkhead, I decided that I'd take the FC Edmonton job and get my career started in Canada. As a Canadian, I wanted to manage in the CPL at some point during my save, but didn't think it would be the first league! Time to build some experience at home before jet setting off to some international lower division I've never heard of. With a wage budget of about $13K USD/week, it's higher than most lower league starting points, so it's interesting to work with. There are foreign player rules, so I can't go too nuts and need to procure some good Canadian talent as well.

The first season starts with the 'Island Games', which was put in place for COVID this past summer, with all games being played at a neutral bubble site at the University of Prince Edward Island (smallest province in Canada, on the Atlantic). I took over the team 2 days before our first match, and finished last in the league (4 pts in 7 games), and did not qualify for the next stage.

The offseason now lasts from September 2020 to April 2021, so I've done a complete overhaul of the team, and am now working through a LONG 3 month pre-season getting everyone up to shape. FC Edmonton were not a good team, so starting off with a counter-attacking 433 Wide DM formation.

Looking forward to seeing how my team stacks up for the first full real league season, and trying to exceed my Board's expectations to 'finish at the bottom of the table' :D

6 hours ago, PatrickReynolds said:

Well @Junkhead, I decided that I'd take the FC Edmonton job and get my career started in Canada. As a Canadian, I wanted to manage in the CPL at some point during my save, but didn't think it would be the first league! Time to build some experience at home before jet setting off to some international lower division I've never heard of. With a wage budget of about $13K USD/week, it's higher than most lower league starting points, so it's interesting to work with. There are foreign player rules, so I can't go too nuts and need to procure some good Canadian talent as well.

The first season starts with the 'Island Games', which was put in place for COVID this past summer, with all games being played at a neutral bubble site at the University of Prince Edward Island (smallest province in Canada, on the Atlantic). I took over the team 2 days before our first match, and finished last in the league (4 pts in 7 games), and did not qualify for the next stage.

The offseason now lasts from September 2020 to April 2021, so I've done a complete overhaul of the team, and am now working through a LONG 3 month pre-season getting everyone up to shape. FC Edmonton were not a good team, so starting off with a counter-attacking 433 Wide DM formation.

Looking forward to seeing how my team stacks up for the first full real league season, and trying to exceed my Board's expectations to 'finish at the bottom of the table' :D

Enjoy & keep us updated - glad Canada is finally in the game!

@Daveincid Can you link me on DM?  Does it hide attributes and stars even in the set piece and scouting areas?

Having a lovely time in Scotland at the moment, and my exciting season has come to an end. In the end the season was decided over a 9-10 game run from February to mid-April as we played each of the contenders again.

We started that run with a big game against then 2nd place Dumbarton with whom we'd traded 1st place over the previous month. An absolute barnstormer of a first half gave us a 4-0 lead at half time. Frankly, we blew them away with some positive attacking football. In the end we ran out 6-0 winners, which was huge as it took the GD from being +4 in their favour, to +8 in ours. We then played a series of games against the rest of the division, which was a case of just needing to collect points. Fortunately, we only dropped a handful of points and went into what would be a title decider with Forfar Athletic. With four games left, we were 3 points ahead with a better goal difference, but still had title challengers Dumbarton to play away. A win would all but win us the title, a draw would keep us in the driving seat and a loss would really open things up. Another blistering start put us 2-0 up at half time, and we then spent the second half sitting deeper and picking them off as they desperately tried to get back into the game in the end wrapping up a 4-0 win. A win in our next game vs. Stenhousemuir meant we won the league with two to play, and could afford to rotate the squad to keep a few players happy. In the end a wonderful season that saw many player records broken, with my top scorer picking up 32 league goals in 36 games.

Having won the league, I now have one year left on my deal and I'm considering what my options are. I'm open to new options, so not signing a contract that will further deter any clubs wanting to take me on. I'd love to keep Stranraer in League One this season, and potentially walk off into the sunset with the job done. Part of the reason for that is they are a part-time club, and League One has a fair mix of part-time and full-time clubs, which makes it very hard to take that leap. If I was going for a one club save, that is part of the joy, but frankly this is a journeyman save and I don't need to have to stick out that particular battle for longer than I need to. Not against signing up for more Scottish football, and would even stay in the league, but keen to move onto full time football if it's available.

Any reason why certain clubs in Italy do not have any rivalries and derbies set. Teams like Inter, Juve, Napoli. They are in the editor as being set up. Just not appearing the game. It been asked in the Italian data page. No reply for days now. Could it be a license issue

vor 1 Minute schrieb wicksyFM:

Any reason why certain clubs in Italy do not have any rivalries and derbies set. Teams like Inter, Juve, Napoli. They are in the editor as being set up. Just not appearing the game. It been asked in the Italian data page. No reply for days now. Could it be a license issue

2 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

I’m not after new derbies. They are already set in the database. I checked the editor. Teams like Inter have no rivalries in game. Same as Napoli. But they are already set in the database. They just don’t appear in your save

vor 2 Minuten schrieb wicksyFM:

I’m not after new derbies. They are already set in the database. I checked the editor. Teams like Inter have no rivalries in game. Same as Napoli. But they are already set in the database. They just don’t appear in your save

In my save Zebre has Inter and Napoli. Inter is empty, Milan has Inter, Napoli is empty too. This is really strange. I thought that it depends on the level of rivality, but despite it's 100 in the db, some are missing. Another bug.....

8 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

In my save Zebre has Inter and Napoli. Inter is empty, Milan has Inter, Napoli is empty too. This is really strange. I thought that it depends on the level of rivality, but despite it's 100 in the db, some are missing. Another bug.....

That’s it. I can’t see why this is. I know it’s a minor thing, but it drives me absolutely mad 😡 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb wicksyFM:

That’s it. I can’t see why this is. I know it’s a minor thing, but it drives me absolutely mad 😡 

Have you seen the problem outside of Italy too? It's strange because the red devils (license issue too, I lost sympacy for them completely) have all their rivals. But this forum is by far the wrong place for bugs / @Junkhead goes crazy if he see's another bug:ackter:

hace 53 minutos, joshpmilton dijo:

Having won the league, I now have one year left on my deal and I'm considering what my options are. I'm open to new options, so not signing a contract that will further deter any clubs wanting to take me on. I'd love to keep Stranraer in League One this season, and potentially walk off into the sunset with the job done. Part of the reason for that is they are a part-time club, and League One has a fair mix of part-time and full-time clubs, which makes it very hard to take that leap. If I was going for a one club save, that is part of the joy, but frankly this is a journeyman save and I don't need to have to stick out that particular battle for longer than I need to. Not against signing up for more Scottish football, and would even stay in the league, but keen to move onto full time football if it's available.

In my experience, League 1 in Scotland is not all that difficult and can be won with a semi-pro team. I remember getting consecutive promotions using almost the same squad I had in League 2 (some 3 years ago though, when there were fewer pro teams). The trouble is managing a semi-pro team in the Scottish Championship because it is a real struggle to get players good enough for the level on part-time contracts. 

33 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

Have you seen the problem outside of Italy too? It's strange because the red devils (license issue too, I lost sympacy for them completely) have all their rivals. But this forum is by far the wrong place for bugs / @Junkhead goes crazy if he see's another bug:ackter:

Already struggling to carry on with my save knowing Salzburg will never win another Austrian cup lol.

I've only played four friendlies ffs 😂

16 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

In my experience, League 1 in Scotland is not all that difficult and can be won with a semi-pro team. I remember getting consecutive promotions using almost the same squad I had in League 2 (some 3 years ago though, when there were fewer pro teams). The trouble is managing a semi-pro team in the Scottish Championship because it is a real struggle to get players good enough for the level on part-time contracts. 

100% agree. Matches reality in Scotland really. You've got the two giants, a couple of other big clubs and then about 12-14 clubs all of a similar size. Everyone else is really small in comparison. That means that about 50% of the Championship is made up of much bigger clubs than the rest of the league, proper disparity.

@joshpmilton - I think there will be a really tough glass ceiling for Stranraer but you might well do ok I'm league one.

46 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

Another one drives me mad is Catania not playing in the Coppa Italia despite playing in the cup in real life. You pick a save and you hope you might get a nice cup run going first season but you can’t

Do they know why this is happening? Is it only the first season?

Might hang this version up for a few weeks here....

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Junkhead:

Already struggling to carry on with my save knowing Salzburg will never win another Austrian cup lol.

I am sure SI will make us a Xmas-present with fixing all the major bugs on december 24:D

25 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

100% agree. Matches reality in Scotland really. You've got the two giants, a couple of other big clubs and then about 12-14 clubs all of a similar size. Everyone else is really small in comparison. That means that about 50% of the Championship is made up of much bigger clubs than the rest of the league, proper disparity.

@joshpmilton - I think there will be a really tough glass ceiling for Stranraer but you might well do ok I'm league one.

Thanks (and @kidd_05_u2), that's good to know actually. Perhaps Stranraer have a bit more longevity, so maybe I won't 100% walk away at the end of the season. Ultimately, it'll probably come down to how much I'm enjoying the challenge and whether anything else comes up that tempts me.

During pre-season last night I did start to find my eye wandering, so I am aware that I may not be committed long term. I did a speculative application for the Minnesota United job, who I have as a preferred team, and my board didn't hate me for it. I also watched a few games of teams in other leagues to indicate to the game that I am open to a move to another team should it arise.

As far as the new season is concerned I've released some deadwood, and brought in some much needed upgrades at full back and centre midfield; however, in general I'm happy with my title winning side having a crack at keeping us up. I've had one my central midfielders tapped up by Dundee, but managed to agree to sell him at the end of the season, so I at least have another 12 months before I need to replace him. Otherwise, the team is pretty good and we should be better than at least one other team, which is all I want right now. Anything above 9th would be a massive bonus.

hace 34 minutos, Junkhead dijo:

Keep playing! With all of the changes taking place in all leagues in the world, this was always going to be a release with a lot of bugs regarding competition rules. For how great SI are, I don't think they will be able to fix everything. If you keep postponing your save, you will be missing out on a great edition of FM and for stupid reasons (sorry).

My recommendation is to go all out with the save you have going and then reevaluate if you want to start a new one when the final March update comes out. Life is too short to worry about Salzburg in the Austrian cup, Portuguese B teams entering the domestic cup, or obscure squad registration rulings not working properly. 

The point of trying to play FM with realism is to make the game more challenging and entertaining, but doing it for realism sake alone is stupid if it is going to prevent you from actually playing the game.

31 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Do they know why this is happening? Is it only the first season?

Might hang this version up for a few weeks here....

I don’t know if it happens second season. I asked in the data or league specific bug section for Italy. They have not replied. This was a couple of weeks ago 

1 minute ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Keep playing! With all of the changes taking place in all leagues in the world, this was always going to be a release with a lot of bugs regarding competition rules. For how great SI are, I don't think they will be able to fix everything. If you keep postponing your save, you will be missing out on a great edition of FM and for stupid reasons (sorry).

My recommendation is to go all out with the save you have going and then reevaluate if you want to start a new one when the final March update comes out. Life is too short to worry about Salzburg in the Austrian cup, Portuguese B teams entering the domestic cup, or obscure squad registration rulings not working properly. 

The point of trying to play FM with realism is to make the game more challenging and entertaining, but doing it for realism sake alone is stupid if it is going to prevent you from actually playing the game.

This is very true. I have read that Germany is pretty good this year. I might have to take a look 👀 

hace 3 minutos, joshpmilton dijo:

Thanks (and @kidd_05_u2), that's good to know actually. Perhaps Stranraer have a bit more longevity, so maybe I won't 100% walk away at the end of the season. Ultimately, it'll probably come down to how much I'm enjoying the challenge and whether anything else comes up that tempts me.

Nothing wrong with jumping ship if it gets boring!

hace 2 minutos, wicksyFM dijo:

This is very true. I have read that Germany is pretty good this year. I might have to take a look 👀 

I loaded up my journeyman save promising myself I would try to manage in Germany, France, Portugal or Spain lower leagues, because I always manage in Scotland or England. Started unemployed and ended up at Brackley in the Vanarama North :rolleyes:

Do tell how you find the German lower leagues if you go there! (without spoiling too much about team and player quailty ofc)

2 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Nothing wrong with jumping ship if it gets boring!

Playing in the UK is fun, but can be too close to home for me, especially if you start to find yourself in a grind. I like the idea of coming into Stranraer and turning them round from a team that narrowly avoided relegation to then steady the ship, get them promoted , hopefully keeping them up in the division above before then walking away to a new challenge feels like a wholesome way to see out a 3 year stint at a club.

43 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

I loaded up my journeyman save promising myself I would try to manage in Germany, France, Portugal or Spain lower leagues, because I always manage in Scotland or England. Started unemployed and ended up at Brackley in the Vanarama North :rolleyes:

Do tell how you find the German lower leagues if you go there! (without spoiling too much about team and player quailty ofc)

It's easily done! I like to convince myself that it just adds a bit of realism to it all.

1 hour ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Sound advice, and thank you. This is me all over. I think that the fact I now have a fix for Salzburg is what is doing for me. I know I could sort it straight away.

End of the day though, I have been playing FM since 1993. I have NEVER managed in Austria. Ever. So I would assume the chances are pretty unlikely haha

I will probably be continuing with my save. PROBABLY.

3 hours ago, Daveincid said:

Just to give you an update. These are hidden for licensing reasons. 
They are still active. They just can’t be shown 

I also don't use the Search screen as a long time hardcore LLM player but I just took a look because this thread and it's not as bad as it used to be and in fact it could be realistic.

In this save I'm playing as DUX coach, 4th tier in Spain (Segunda B), with the Segunda B scouting package.

Attribute masking is ON and MOST important, when I created myself, as Sunday League with no badges, I gave myself 1 in Player knowedge and Youth player knowledge (the minimum possible) so basically I don' tknow any player and need to rely on my scouts.

Here is what I see in the player search screen (added it as spoiler so don't look if you don't want to, but honestly, there is not any spoiler).

As you can see, I barely see any player attributes, so I need to scout them anyway, but at least gives me a guide about who to ask my scounts to give me a report from.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.09d01f442ae2b29a47bb5367c3867dbb.png

Edited by Icy

26 minutes ago, Icy said:

I also don't use the Search screen as a long time hardcore LLM player but I just took a look because this thread and it's not as bad as it used to be and in fact it could be realistic.

In this save I'm playing as DUX coach, 4th tier in Spain (Segunda B), with the Segunda B scouting package.

Attribute masking is ON and MOST important, when I created myself, as Sunday League with no badges, I gave myself 1 in Player knowedge and Youth player knowledge (the minimum possible) so basically I don' tknow any player and need to rely on my scouts.

Here is what I see in the player search screen (added it as spoiler so don't look if you don't want to, but honestly, there is not any spoiler).

As you can see, I barely see any player attributes, so I need to scout them anyway, but at least gives me a guide about who to ask my scounts to give me a report from.

Hide contents

All this time I thought people were referring to the search bar at the top of the UI when they were talking about player search hahaha.  

I've always used what's in your screenshot as I thought it only returned players you have scouted.

hace 18 minutos, francis#17 dijo:

All this time I thought people were referring to the search bar at the top of the UI when they were talking about player search hahaha.  

I've always used what's in your screenshot as I thought it only returned players you have scouted.

There are different filters, Player Search is what i showed above and it shows all the players that you and your staff know, based on your knowledge attributes, your scouts and your scouting package, but you might have scouted them or not, Scouted is only players you have scouted.

image.png.96c36a373cb6d68707e445768b78684d.png

Edited by Icy

23 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

It now shows your "scouting package", which I am led to believe is how things work in reality. I think for me it is probably fair game.

Not that long ago though, it showed you players based on reputation. So in lower leagues you would see Portuguese Winger/Striker and Argentine bloke who has never won anything at International level whilst managing Maidenhead, but you might not see fat bloke who plays up front for Woking who is a part time plumber.

Not only that, attribute masking hasn't always been a thing. So you used to be able to filter a search of almost everyone and get exactly what you wanted. Scouting was pointless.

Edited by Junkhead
Spelling

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Sound advice, and thank you. This is me all over. I think that the fact I now have a fix for Salzburg is what is doing for me. I know I could sort it straight away.

End of the day though, I have been playing FM since 1993. I have NEVER managed in Austria. Ever. So I would assume the chances are pretty unlikely haha

I will probably be continuing with my save. PROBABLY.

I've now been considering starting again in Austria. What the Hell is wrong with me :lol:

Must. Fail. In. Turkey. First.

1 minute ago, Daveincid said:

Looking for a new Girlfriend?:lol::brock:

Oh no chance. There is no one else in the world who could deal with how confusing I am. My current girlfriend has dealt with it for 17 years, I'm going nowhere.

Except maybe Vienna.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Junkhead:

Oh no chance. There is no one else in the world who could deal with how confusing I am. My current girlfriend has dealt with it for 17 years, I'm going nowhere.

Except maybe Vienna.

I am talking about you lost love in Turkey:D

Am 6.12.2020 um 15:12 schrieb Daveincid:

Gerade eben schrieb Daveincid:

I am talking about you lost love in Turkey:D

3 hours ago, Icy said:

Hide contents

I can see what you're saying here but I just can't do it!  It's so ingrained in how I play  :lol:

I've said it before though, what do I do with that list?  do I just randomly pick a dozen to scout?  Not sure how i'd attack it at all.  As far as i'm concerned in my mind if I pay for a scouting package then my scouts find more players and quicker than they would if I didn't have a package (through the normal methods)

I'll say as well, do you need it?  There's free agents at the front door half of the time cap in hand and there's loads of other methods.

You're right though, the MOST important thing is the attribute masking.  It's everything, it's a difficulty level and a realism killer if its off.  I refuse to entertain anyone who says the game is too easy but has attribute masking turned off

What I really would like other LLaMas opinions on is the whole "ask the director of football for recommendations" whereby he just chucks you (seemingly randomly) 3 players that you ask for in each position/role.  This has always felt "gamey" to me.  No waiting, just players names on tap.  What do others think? 

Edited by Brother Ben