The Realism Thread

@Brother Ben  I'd say DoF recommendations are fine.  I imagine in game they are on the phone to agents and other DoF just doing their thing so they are 'informal scouting'.  You may still have incomplete knowledge and will want to scout them.  There is also the possibility that your DoF isn't that great at assessing players either.

I guess it depends on your in game experience - if something feels gamey it's easy to remove it from your game.  If you're not then it feels like a legitimate avenue to find players.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bazhsw said:

@Brother Ben  I'd say DoF recommendations are fine.  I imagine in game they are on the phone to agents and other DoF just doing their thing so they are 'informal scouting'.  You may still have incomplete knowledge and will want to scout them.  There is also the possibility that your DoF isn't that great at assessing players either.

I guess it depends on your in game experience - if something feels gamey it's easy to remove it from your game.  If you're not then it feels like a legitimate avenue to find players.

I can see what you're saying.  One of my main quibbles is that the option is there even if you haven't got a DOF.  I'm guessing it's the Chairman maybe?  I guess one of the things with LLM (a weakness maybe) is that you use these features when they first come out and if you have reservations from a realism standpoint then they just aren't ever used again regardless of any improvements made over the years

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

I can see what you're saying.  One of my main quibbles is that the option is there even if you haven't got a DOF.  I'm guessing it's the Chairman maybe?  I guess one of the things with LLM (a weakness maybe) is that you use these features when they first come out and if you have reservations from a realism standpoint then they just aren't ever used again regardless of any improvements made over the years

I wouldn't feel right using it if you didn't have a DOF on staff. If you do, then they probably do have some names on hand if you're asking about specific positions. Their advice might be trash though! I would have a harder time continually clicking the request suggestion button like a slot machine constantly spitting out players. Your DOF doesn't have infinite knowledge, so I do use the option but only within reason. Haven't actually tried continually asking for recommendations to see if they run out of ideas though.

11 hours ago, Daveincid said:

In my save Zebre has Inter and Napoli. Inter is empty, Milan has Inter, Napoli is empty too. This is really strange. I thought that it depends on the level of rivality, but despite it's 100 in the db, some are missing. Another bug.....

11 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

That’s it. I can’t see why this is. I know it’s a minor thing, but it drives me absolutely mad 😡 

Those aren't bugs - SI have to put what the licensors tell them to put for rivalries and derbies, and the teams appear to have said no rivalries or derbies.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb JordanMillward_1:

Those aren't bugs - SI have to put what the licensors tell them to put for rivalries and derbies, and the teams appear to have said no rivalries or derbies.

This makes me speechless...

I didn't know you could use the feature even if you didn't have a DoF so that wouldn't feel right (to be honest I've never used it anyway) and I'd agree pressing it everyday until you get the result you want feels off.

The DoF does recommend players anyway so maybe it's one for if there is an urgent immediate need or just something you use every now and then (rather than every other week)

7 hours ago, PatrickReynolds said:

I wouldn't feel right using it if you didn't have a DOF on staff. If you do, then they probably do have some names on hand if you're asking about specific positions. Their advice might be trash though! I would have a harder time continually clicking the request suggestion button like a slot machine constantly spitting out players. Your DOF doesn't have infinite knowledge, so I do use the option but only within reason. Haven't actually tried continually asking for recommendations to see if they run out of ideas though.

I've not had a DoF in my Enfield save but the 'Ask DoF' button is still there - in place of the DoF, suggestions come from your AssMan instead, which makes sense to me.

His recommendations are often cack though - and I would say that roughly 50% of the time when asked, he has no suggestion at all, so I'm happy that this is realistic enough, given that he himself is pretty ropey.

Yeah I've used it sparingly when I've been in need of a loan player, which feels like the kind of time you might actually give your DoF a call and get him to ask around for some players. I don't remember the recommendations being great, so I don't mind it at the moment but I think you're right in that you could easily game it by just spamming requests for each position until it comes up trumps. As with a lot of things in game, if you use it as it might be done in real life then typically it works as intended. The moment it's used as leverage over the AI (can they ask their DoF for recommendations?), then it has the potential to be OP.

5 hours ago, joshpmilton said:

The moment it's used as leverage over the AI (can they ask their DoF for recommendations?), then it has the potential to be OP.

This is my thinking with most things in the game.  Will it give me an advantage over the AI?

I don't think there's really a way to ever know definitively 

We will never know, but I don't think about the AI at all, as such. I just do what I would do in reality. Sometimes I ask my DOF, sometimes I don't.  I'd rather not have a DOF at all, but if he's there when I take over I put the board in charge of sacking him. Often when unemployed you have to promise to keep him in his role.

Its the recommendations he makes I find strange. In my beta save as Alta, I had a Norwegian DOF. I also had a Croatian coach. All my DOF recommendations were Croatian. Dunno why.

31 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

We will never know, but I don't think about the AI at all, as such. I just do what I would do in reality. Sometimes I ask my DOF, sometimes I don't.  I'd rather not have a DOF at all, but if he's there when I take over I put the board in charge of sacking him. Often when unemployed you have to promise to keep him in his role.

Its the recommendations he makes I find strange. In my beta save as Alta, I had a Norwegian DOF. I also had a Croatian coach. All my DOF recommendations were Croatian. Dunno why.

Yeah that is really weird, almost like it's picking it up from the wrong source. That or the DoF recommendations are just general staff recommendations that are channelled through them, a bit like the recommend a signing when a new staff member joins.

So my save has taken a bit of a twist. A great start with Stranraer in League One meant we were battling with Partick Thistle for top spot come mid-November, and decided to get myself some extra security and signed a new contract at a slightly higher wage and an extra year on my deal. In addition to the strong start in the league we also managed to do some giant killing in the SPFL Trust Trophy knocking out fellow League One side East Fife, Premiership's St Mirren's Reserves and Inverness CT of the Championship by winning 3 penalty shootouts in a row. Unfortunately our luck ended when in our 4th penalty shootout we finally lost to Kilmarnock.

Then the Tranmere Rovers job became available, and I figured I'd roll the dice. My status with Stranraer with Untouchable, so I figured I had nothing to lose with that new deal, and much to my surprise I was not only interviewed but actually approached for the job. It's the first time I think I've ever actually ended up being appointed manager of Tranmere Rovers without just creating a game with me as their manager. A lot of pressure on me to perform right away as they sit 15th in League Two and I'm expected to get a top half finish, then win promotion next year. To be honest, had it been any other club I might have chosen to walk away due to the demands, but it's not often that this job comes up when I'm actually a realistic candidate.

As well as being significant for the emotional attachment, it is also significant for the step up from part-time to full-time, which means I have more than four training sessions a week to play with! It'll be interesting to see how much easier/harder I find the step up.

17 minutes ago, joshpmilton said:

So my save has taken a bit of a twist. A great start with Stranraer in League One meant we were battling with Partick Thistle for top spot come mid-November, and decided to get myself some extra security and signed a new contract at a slightly higher wage and an extra year on my deal. In addition to the strong start in the league we also managed to do some giant killing in the SPFL Trust Trophy knocking out fellow League One side East Fife, Premiership's St Mirren's Reserves and Inverness CT of the Championship by winning 3 penalty shootouts in a row. Unfortunately our luck ended when in our 4th penalty shootout we finally lost to Kilmarnock.

Then the Tranmere Rovers job became available, and I figured I'd roll the dice. My status with Stranraer with Untouchable, so I figured I had nothing to lose with that new deal, and much to my surprise I was not only interviewed but actually approached for the job. It's the first time I think I've ever actually ended up being appointed manager of Tranmere Rovers without just creating a game with me as their manager. A lot of pressure on me to perform right away as they sit 15th in League Two and I'm expected to get a top half finish, then win promotion next year. To be honest, had it been any other club I might have chosen to walk away due to the demands, but it's not often that this job comes up when I'm actually a realistic candidate.

As well as being significant for the emotional attachment, it is also significant for the step up from part-time to full-time, which means I have more than four training sessions a week to play with! It'll be interesting to see how much easier/harder I find the step up.

Love it. My aim for unemployed saves is always to end up at forest and win the European Cup again. I have never been offered it. Because I am invariably too awful to come anywhere near. 

Maybe this is the version....

Which clubs would you consider leaving Tranmere for? Or is that you staying put now?

31 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Love it. My aim for unemployed saves is always to end up at forest and win the European Cup again. I have never been offered it. Because I am invariably too awful to come anywhere near. 

Maybe this is the version....

Which clubs would you consider leaving Tranmere for? Or is that you staying put now?

Oh I'm definitely open to moves. I feel that if I wanted to do a Tranmere save, I'd have gone with that from the outset. As much as I want to bring glory to the club, I'll be playing it as the journeyman that I am. Chances are it won't be in my hands anyway!

Funnily enough, Derby County would be a bigger club I'd move to if they came knocking as my in-laws have season tickets.

Quick update from Chertanovo Moscow......after the initial setup the season is going slightly quicker than expected. I think the fact the club had no money to really change the backroom staff setup and the No Transfer policy in place means I spend no time at all researching other players. Were currently 6 games into the league season with a record of 2W 3D 1L that leaves us 11th from 22. And 4points from the top of the league but also 4 points from the relegation zone. Highlight of the season so far was a 5-0 away victory agains the team tipped to finish 4th in the league. Currently on a 6 game unbeaten run in all competitions. The problem with the team is there's not a lot of depth in any of the positions. So I have to decide which tactic to play by which players are fit, The first couple of youth intakes could make or break the save.

Something thats annoyed me for years is clubs travel plans. Im playing as motherwell and my next games away to kilmarnock about 20miles away. We travel on the friday, now at a push motherwell might stay in a hotel the night before a game(which i doubt) but then the gane has us travelling on the sunday aswell, not a chance would they be staying in kilmarnock the night of the game, its a little thing maybe but so realistic and annoying

just noticed our next game is away to livingston on the tuesday and youve guessed it, we get back from kilmarnock on the sunday and then away on our overnight travels again to nearby livingston on the monday getting back on the wednesday😂😂🙈

Edited by southside

18 minutes ago, southside said:

Something thats annoyed me for years is clubs travel plans. Im playing as motherwell and my next games away to kilmarnock about 20miles away. We travel on the friday, now at a push motherwell might stay in a hotel the night before a game(which i doubt) but then the gane has us travelling on the sunday aswell, not a chance would they be staying in kilmarnock the night of the game, its a little thing maybe but so realistic and annoying

just noticed our next game is away to livingston on the tuesday and youve guessed it, we get back from kilmarnock on the sunday and then away on our overnight travels again to nearby livingston on the monday getting back on the wednesday😂😂🙈

Brilliant 😂

100% one for the bugs forum this. How are you doing with Motherwell?

43 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Quick update from Chertanovo Moscow......after the initial setup the season is going slightly quicker than expected. I think the fact the club had no money to really change the backroom staff setup and the No Transfer policy in place means I spend no time at all researching other players. Were currently 6 games into the league season with a record of 2W 3D 1L that leaves us 11th from 22. And 4points from the top of the league but also 4 points from the relegation zone. Highlight of the season so far was a 5-0 away victory agains the team tipped to finish 4th in the league. Currently on a 6 game unbeaten run in all competitions. The problem with the team is there's not a lot of depth in any of the positions. So I have to decide which tactic to play by which players are fit, The first couple of youth intakes could make or break the save.

Good luck mate - youth intake day is always a great day as it is, but for you it's going to be so crucial. How do facilities compare to the other Moscow clubs? Are you getting only what about 5 other clubs have rejected?!

7 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Brilliant 😂

100% one for the bugs forum this. How are you doing with Motherwell?

Im 2nd in mid december just now, was on a 9 match winning run but lost 1-0 at ibrox, they have some decent young players irl so thought i would give it a go! 

I posted it in the scotland leagues bugs page, but im not sure it will change, its been the same for years with travel for loads of local teams games

Just now, southside said:

Im 2nd in mid december just now, was on a 9 match winning run but lost 1-0 at ibrox, they have some decent young players irl so thought i would give it a go! 

I posted it in the scotland leagues bugs page, but im not sure it will change, its been the same for years with travel for loads of local teams games

Think it's more a general issue by the sounds of it, the game needs to consider when clubs do and don't need to travel. The game has longitude and latitude set, it doesn't feel like this is a difficult next step.

Glad to hear you are doing well - good luck finally getting that title away from the old firm 👍

18 hours into my save, training done, backroom team sorted, three different tactics prepped, set-pieces done, scouts assigned - all that time consuming stuff we all love....

7 friendlies played, results below.  I play quite slowly and am not getting much time at the minute, but should be able to start the season over the next few days.  Results not too bad - four games against clubs from lower down the pyramid resulted in 2 wins & 2 draws, then a game against Ankara D.S. who are at the same level as me but in the other group which resulted in a narrow defeat.  Game against Ankaragucu was decent for the finances - expected to get destroyed.  We actually led them for about 25 minutes & their winner was quite late on, so pleased with that.

First game of the season is at home to a side predicted to come in the top half, whilst the second game is away at a side predicted to be mid-table.  If I can sneak a win in one of those I would be thrilled, a couple of draws would be reasonable too since I am predicted to come bottom of the table.

image.png.d19b4ae2382acf6b8b66ffad9b402f33.png

Love reading this thread. Haven’t had much spare time to get going on 21 yet but have started to make headway these last couple of days and with a day off today... well, you know... I started unemployed, got a job at Havant and Waterlooville and we’re top of the league after 8 games. Loving FM21 so far. The board want to be in the playoffs at the end of the season so I’m on course to do that. Full steam ahead... 

3 hours ago, MrManagerMan said:

Love reading this thread. Haven’t had much spare time to get going on 21 yet but have started to make headway these last couple of days and with a day off today... well, you know... I started unemployed, got a job at Havant and Waterlooville and we’re top of the league after 8 games. Loving FM21 so far. The board want to be in the playoffs at the end of the season so I’m on course to do that. Full steam ahead... 

Good luck and keep us in the loop 😎

On 09/12/2020 at 08:06, Junkhead said:

First game of the season is at home to a side predicted to come in the top half

Managed to sneak this game in before work this morning. Suffice to say that I am now absolutely bricking it about the rest of the season. Full update to come in the next couple of days :lol:

Clue - xG of 0.01. ;)

Edited by Junkhead

8 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Managed to sneak this game in before work this morning. Suffice to say that I am now absolutely bricking it about the rest of the season. Full update to come in the next couple of days :lol:

Clue - xG of 0.01. ;)

Look at it as a base to build on 🙂

Good luck turning it round.

First two league games done, and not as bad scoreline wise as things could have been;

image.png.14ce19b1f5e6782cfe525821c33ec225.png

However, I have serious concerns about the first performance in particular, literally the worst xG it is possible to get whilst having a "shot".  The shot was in fact a blast from 40 yards from a striker who can't run which hit the legs of a defender about 4 inches away. How on earth I only lost 1-0 I will never know;

image.png.70eecfce55976632b5286092877f839a.png

Not quite as bad in the second game, however played a very defensive formation for the first 70 minutes and still went 1-0 down.  Limited the opposition to lots of headers around the penalty spot, most of which sailed over the bar.  Again though, overall result much better than deserved;

image.png.132e826f90135cff6de909cd7159d54e.png

I will point out that I probably have 5 key players at the club, 3 of whom are out injured at this point, so things SHOULD improve.  However, I cannot imagine I am going to be shooting up the table anytime soon.  As previously noted, my squad is massively inexperienced, a couple of 16 years olds have had to start so far, and the "old head" I chucked on to steady myself in the last minutes of the Konyaspor game was 23.  

Still, enjoying the beginnings of this save massively, and I like lots of things about FM21 even though there seems to be a fair bit of negativity on the boards.  The whole experience seems quicker, smoother and more refined to me.  Hopefully the speed I play at will mean that the newgen bug is something that I only ever read about on here rather than encounter myself.

October doesn't look too bad, three of my five opponents are predicted to struggle whilst the other two predicted to finish in upper midtable positions just inside the top half.  I suspect I will have a decent idea of just how much of a struggle this is going to be by the end of the month.  Not really setting myself a game by game target in my head, think looking at the whole month collectively after those 5 games is the way to go.

image.png.92840ca586008d6e961c4367dae39477.png

Edited by Junkhead

Well, I don't think you'll be adding to the chorus of, "the game is too easy" any time soon! :lol: What were the expectations for the season?

I would say that I'd be incredibly annoyed if I was the manager of Konyaspor and I'd dropped points to a team with a single shot on target that had xG that low.

I do agree that actually the game plays really well, my only gripe is some of the UI decisions that make it difficult to navigate or see information but that doesn't change the gameplay too much. I'd change a few things to my preference if I could, but not enough to make playing it unenjoyable. Unlike a few others, I'm actually a big fan of the goal/league update pop-ups too.

hace 5 horas, Junkhead dijo:

Still, enjoying the beginnings of this save massively, and I like lots of things about FM21 even though there seems to be a fair bit of negativity on the boards.  The whole experience seems quicker, smoother and more refined to me.  Hopefully the speed I play at will mean that the newgen bug is something that I only ever read about on here rather than encounter myself.

UI is a mess, especially during the match, and there are some annoying bugs (like in every edition), but I would still say this is the best FM ever.

Edited by kidd_05_u2

On 08/12/2020 at 22:13, Junkhead said:

Good luck mate - youth intake day is always a great day as it is, but for you it's going to be so crucial. How do facilities compare to the other Moscow clubs? Are you getting only what about 5 other clubs have rejected?!

Im beginning to think the save might not be achievable. Due to the club not being able to sign anyone we never get a transfer budget (if we did we could allocate some to the wages) . The club has been £300 over the wage budget all season and were running on minimum numbers every player in the squad contract expires in 6 month and I have no means to renew any of them. Request extra wages isn't an option when speaking to the board. Im hugely disappointed because after a few rocky moments the team is doing fantastic. We are currently 6th in the league but as I said in 2 weeks time the players will all be in the last 6month of there contracts and more than likely be poached away. :( Our yearly salary is £412k 20th in the league the top team is on £7.3m a year even teams as low as 14th have £1m annual salaries. 

EDIT* to add to this the clubs finances have went from around £513k to just turned £1k in the red so in half a season we have lost half a million pound so the chances of anything changing in the future isn't looking good

Edited by WilsonJuve

hace 34 minutos, WilsonJuve dijo:

Im beginning to think the save might not be achievable. Due to the club not being able to sign anyone we never get a transfer budget (if we did we could allocate some to the wages) . The club has been £300 over the wage budget all season and were running on minimum numbers every player in the squad contract expires in 6 month and I have no means to renew any of them. Request extra wages isn't an option when speaking to the board. Im hugely disappointed because after a few rocky moments the team is doing fantastic. We are currently 6th in the league but as I said in 2 weeks time the players will all be in the last 6month of there contracts and more than likely be poached away. :( Our yearly salary is £412k 20th in the league the top team is on £7.3m a year even teams as low as 14th have £1m annual salaries. 

EDIT* to add to this the clubs finances have went from around £513k to just turned £1k in the red so in half a season we have lost half a million pound so the chances of anything changing in the future isn't looking good

Hey, have you read this?: 

It seems you may not be able to sign even the players from youth recruitment :lol:

EDIT!: Another poster mentioned that you can sign youth recruitment. Apparently in FM 20 you couldn't.

Considering that, I would selfishly advise you to continue with the save. The whole point of managing Chertanovo is to progress thanks to the team's good youth recruitment while richer teams poach your players. Not having money is the reality of lower leagues everywhere, but with the club's very good youth recruitment you don't need a high wage budget to succeed.

Edited by kidd_05_u2

28 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Hey, have you read this?: 

It seems you may not be able to sign even the players from youth recruitment :lol:

EDIT!: Another poster mentioned that you can sign youth recruitment. Apparently in FM 20 you couldn't.

Considering that, I would selfishly advise you to continue with the save. The whole point of managing Chertanovo is to progress thanks to the team's good youth recruitment while richer teams poach your players. Not having money is the reality of lower leagues everywhere, but with the club's very good youth recruitment you don't need a high wage budget to succeed.

To top it off they have just offered me a contract extension and lowered the wage budget further 😂 will see how the youth intake goes because in the new contract they have manage wage budget as REQUIRED. Also I’m not sure how realistic it is in the save shown as in regards to the no transfer policy it states “Unfortunately, this unique policy isn’t represented well in default FM database, and it’s actually impossible to sign even players from own youth intake. So I had to recreate the club in the editor to remove these restrictions”

He also seems to have 
Sergey Pinyaev who isn't in the base game.

Edited by WilsonJuve

14 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

To top it off they have just offered me a contract extension and lowered the wage budget further 😂 will see how the youth intake goes because in the new contract they have manage wage budget as REQUIRED. Also I’m not sure how realistic it is in the save shown as in regards to the no transfer policy it states “Unfortunately, this unique policy isn’t represented well in default FM database, and it’s actually impossible to sign even players from own youth intake. So I had to recreate the club in the editor to remove these restrictions”

He also seems to have 
Sergey Pinyaev who isn't in the base game.

Shame if there is an issue, sorry to hear that.

I assume it's sell players to improve finances, but if you get no transfer revenue to assign to wages, I don't know what you're supposed to do.

hace 7 minutos, Junkhead dijo:

Shame if there is an issue, sorry to hear that.

I assume it's sell players to improve finances, but if you get no transfer revenue to assign to wages, I don't know what you're supposed to do.

It seems there isn't really an issue anymore and I was spreading fake news, though maybe @WilsonJuve can confirm when he gets to the intake.

As for the finances, that is life in the lower leagues! Wage budget will shrink one year and maybe it improves on the next one (or maybe not). If the club had big losses with the original wage budget, then no wonder the owners are cutting it down. Managing Chertanovo certainly looks like a difficult challenge, but we knew that from the start. 

1 minute ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

As for the finances, that is life in the lower leagues! Wage budget will shrink one year and maybe it improves on the next one (or maybe not).

Oh 100%, but if the transfer budget doesn't exist, then any transfer money will go into the normal finances and get eaten up by the debt and never get applied to the finances for wages.

3 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Yeah, the poster said he created Pinyaev manually. I'm sure Junkhead would kick him out of this thread for doing that :D

Lol nah.

Each to their own. I use editor files myself as long as they're realistic and don't skew things.

And I'm even alright with the player naming since Pinyaev doesn't exist in FM :D

5 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Oh 100%, but if the transfer budget doesn't exist, then any transfer money will go into the normal finances and get eaten up by the debt and never get applied to the finances for wages.

Yeah this seems to be the issue. Even a tiny amount of money would increase my 9k wage bill and let me offer the team new contracts. The fact the person in the post can sell players and use the funds is a game changer. 

hace 7 minutos, Junkhead dijo:

Maybe not directly, but if the club's finances improve with the sales, you will get a better wage budget in the future. To be honest, in the clubs I've managed I usually have around 0% of transfer money available for future transfers, so maybe I'm just used to crap finances. 

Edit: I also don't remeber selling any player for more than 3k. Vanarama finances for life :D

Edited by kidd_05_u2

10 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Maybe not directly, but if the club's finances improve with the sales, you will get a better wage budget in the future. To be honest, in the clubs I've managed I usually have around 0% of transfer money available for future transfers, so maybe I'm just used to crap finances. 

Edit: I also don't remeber selling any player for more than 3k. Vanarama finances for life :D

But without being able to offer anyone a contract I’m not gonna be selling them. Literally every player will be available for free as of the next 2 weeks in game. Due to being in the Last 6 month of there contracts.  

hace 53 minutos, WilsonJuve dijo:

But without being able to offer anyone a contract I’m not gonna be selling them. Literally every player will be available for free as of the next 2 weeks in game. Due to being in the Last 6 month of there contracts.  

Set some players for release, maybe that improves what you can offer for contracts that start the following season.

Two more things: 1) losing good players who run out their contracts at poor clubs just happens. 2) Isn't Chertanovo a profesional club? because if it is, it would be rare for ALL players to have 1-year contracts

Edited by kidd_05_u2

18 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Set some players for release, maybe that improves what you can offer for contracts that start the following season.

Two more things: 1) losing good players who run out their contracts at poor clubs just happens. 2) Isn't Chertanovo a profesional club? because if it is, it would be rare for ALL players to have 1-year contracts

Every single player in my team apart from 4 all run out June 2021 same in real life as shown here even though there’s is 5 players 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chertanovo-moscow/kader/verein/43502/saison_id/2020/plus/1

6 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Lol nah.

Each to their own. I use editor files myself as long as they're realistic and don't skew things.

And I'm even alright with the player naming since Pinyaev doesn't exist in FM :D

You’ve gone soft mate ;)

10 hours ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

The joys of LLM finances!

We all know the scenario, you've maxed out your wage budget, everyone is out of contract soon, the club is in debt up to their necks and you know you need to get funds for players you don't want to leave.  It was like this when you joined but somehow it's still your fault...

With a heavy heart you press the 'Offer to Clubs' your star player who is absolutely irreplaceable and right now is closer to family than data on a screen.

What happens?  He goes into a sulk because you tried to sell him and the only offer you get will cover the wage bill for about three days..

Love it 🙂

(As an aside I once accidentally accepted a job for a team which was in administration not realising the implications - that truly was one of the most frustrating challenges I have ever faced in FM)

On 08/12/2020 at 18:09, joshpmilton said:

Almost identical to my save. I had Stirling top of League 1 and was then approached by Tranmere around halfway through the season. Club was a mess, but after leading them to within a few points of the playoffs, board now expect me to win the league this season. Just about to start my first full season there in League 2. 

Great updates everyone.  For those of you who play Full Match I was wondering how you approach that. I've started playing a few matches on Full Match and honestly it's a much better experience, as you really know what's going on in a match and of course it is much more realistic. The only problem is that it literally takes 90 mins or just below to finish a game which seems to be unsustainable for creating a long term save as it w

So I was wondering, do you play the full game on Full Match or do you sometimes switch to comprehensive? If you do Full Match for every match how long does a season take you? Do you make the game speed faster than the 'Normal'setting? Would love to hear your experiences and how you approach it