[FM21] Skinning help

PequenoGenio

Hello. I'm creating my personal project but have some troubles and if you masters ( @keysi, @michaeltmurrayuk and others) help me i will be deply grateful.

spacer.png

I manage'd to change the colours. The only things missing is:

• the magnifier and the box - from yellow to secondary
  • the divideres - from white/fadded to secondary
  • its possible to add "grass effect" on the pitch with the players position? How?

I want to do the same in the staff profile. What panels i need to edit and what should i edit?

spacer.png

In the sidebar i want that when you click on the icons they switch colours or that the icon that i click became visible.

spacer.png

Add the stadium to the background. How?

For last.. How to change the skin name?:D

Edited by PequenoGenio

For the scout button you'll need to edit the player scout reports small (and/or the player scout reports) xml file from the panels\player folder extracted from the panels fmf file.

In that file locate the icon_button widget code for the search box and add red_replacement="secondary" and icon_colour="secondary" to the line.

Same for the dividers in the player personal details panel xml file, locate the divider widgets and add red_replacement="secondary" to the lines to recolour them.

For player positions you need to edit player positions indicator small horizontal locate the pitch code and their will be a draw_grass command change that to true.

For the staff it's the same you just need to edit non player profile xml file found in the panels\non_player folder.

For the sidebar it should do that by default so you'll need to undo the changes you have made.

For the stadium pic should be an older thread around with instructions on how to enable it.

1 hora atrás, michaeltmurrayuk disse:

spacer.png 

the magnifier still in yellow.

spacer.png 

The staff one is not very good. The bar is a little "off" and the text is missing. I send the file. non player profile.xml

spacer.png

When I pass the mouse over it I can see (albeit badly) which icon I want but after selecting I wanted something like this:

spacer.png

For the stadium pic should be an older thread around with instructions on how to enable it.  - Didn't find it 

Edited by PequenoGenio

For the magnifer you may need to follow the link in the file and edit the xml file linked to the graphic in the icons folder.

For the staff panel you'll need to either play around with the graphic and the image borders in the paper xml file linked to the graphic or alter the offset values in the file, best thing to do is if you still have FM20 is compare the FM21 file to the Fm20 as FM20 had it how you wanted.

for the sidebar you'll need to check the sidebar menu table xml file in the panels\generic folder, as it looks like you are using a modified one you'll need to check what changes have been done to it - I expect your problem is your selected and unselected colours are both set to similar colours for some teams - default appearance for selected is primary/secondary team colours and your unselected colours look to be primary/white so teams that have secondary colour of white will show the same appearance for both states.

@michaeltmurrayukCan you take a look on this?

non player profile.xml

Because is the only thing that i can't find (the reputation is in white). I have look for it in the xml but can't manage to find it.

spacer.png

All the other things are solved (except the manager home with the stadiums because i can't find the topic about it)

Edited by PequenoGenio

With the excellent job from @Wells i end up to need to make one final adjustment that require your help:

spacer.png

I want to "lower" the sidebar in order to make the title bar occupy the entire width on top of the screen. Then I wanted to know how to give a rounded effect to the beginning and end of the sidebar (to be as it is in the title bar: click here)

It requires editing the client object browser.xml.

Find this line first

<widget class="sidebar_menu_table" id="side" width="160">

Then you will need to move the whole widget block, usually 16 lines of code, to this area

<!-- main area - contains sections/actions panel and content areas -->
<container id="main">
  <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle,extend" gap="0" offset="0"/>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!-- MOVE THE SIDEBAR TABLE WIDGET HERE -->	

<!-- screen content area -->
  <container id="scca" auto_size="horizontal">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true">
      <global id="inset" name="ui.main_content_margin"/>
    </layout>
  </container>

For the second one, I'm not in the game now but try editing the sidebar menu table.xml and change line 9? to 

<container class="main_contrast_box_no_margin" red_replacement="primary">

26 minutos atrás, Wells disse:

It requires editing the client object browser.xml.

Find this line first

<widget class="sidebar_menu_table" id="side" width="160">

Then you will need to move the whole widget block, usually 16 lines of code, to this area

<!-- main area - contains sections/actions panel and content areas -->
<container id="main">
  <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle,extend" gap="0" offset="0"/>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!-- MOVE THE SIDEBAR TABLE WIDGET HERE -->	

<!-- screen content area -->
  <container id="scca" auto_size="horizontal">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true">
      <global id="inset" name="ui.main_content_margin"/>
    </layout>
  </container>

For the second one, I'm not in the game now but try editing the sidebar menu table.xml and change line 9? to 

<container class="main_contrast_box_no_margin" red_replacement="primary">

Is this the code that i need to move?

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

Is this the code that i need to move?

Yeah, and put it in the area of the code I posted above.... also I will try to get Vscode for editing purpose, imo it will help you in coding department. :)

Edited by Wells

4 hours ago, PequenoGenio said:

Done... But it's not so pretty as the default with the rounded boxes

The drop down menus in that place do not look so good.

spacer.png

Here with only the rounded bars

spacer.png

by extending the titlebar, you will want the sidebar to be transparent to look any nice like I have done in my skin,..... as for the tab/action bar it can also be recolored, but  I prefer the default way.

7 horas atrás, Wells disse:

by extending the titlebar, you will want the sidebar to be transparent to look any nice like I have done in my skin,..... as for the tab/action bar it can also be recolored, but  I prefer the default way.

The problem is not the colours but when you click on the tab/action in the extended titlebar the dropdown menu goes on top of the sidebar...

Kinda OCD thing :)