Game date 15 Aug 2020. Ryan Bertrand contract status "Absolutely no interest in signing a new contract" - expires June 2021.

Liverpool bid which I negotiate up to £11.5m, I then go and talk to the player and am told he definitely wants to move because Liverpool will pay him more and at this stage of his career that means more to him than the club he has been at for 7 years. So I accepted the offer - its good money for a 31 year old in the last year of his contract. I then get the attached message into my inbox.

He has signed  a 2 year contract on 12k a week LESS than what he earns at Southampton..... And I can't even offer a an increased salary because he won't talk to me......

I don't think is an accurate reflection of how this player would behave.......

Ryan Bertrand.png

• SI Staff

Thanks for the feedback. 

If you happen to have a save game from just before the offer from Bertrand was made would you be able to upload the save to our cloud service? 

We will then be able to step through and identify what is leading to these demands from Bertrand. 

Hi Ben.

Thanks for the reply. I have uploaded a file for you to look at - file name is "WhiteRose74RyanBertrandissue.fm". The date of that save in game is 11 August 2020. Liverpool haven't made a bid yet. My main file save is the 15th August 2020.