FM21 Loading Very Slowly with many editor files

paulgerty

I wanted to ask if this is a known issue. I have noticed that FM21 is loading extremely slowly when there are a large number of editor files.

I have 200+ files (granted these were created with previous versions of the editor, but all are verified in FM21 editor).

It takes an extremely long time to get to the start screen, and again when I click start new career game, and again when I click to select which editor files to activate in the game.

In FM20 the same process takes practically know time at all.

On 27/11/2020 at 18:49, paulgerty said:

I wanted to ask if this is a known issue. I have noticed that FM21 is loading extremely slowly when there are a large number of editor files.

I have 200+ files (granted these were created with previous versions of the editor, but all are verified in FM21 editor).

It takes an extremely long time to get to the start screen, and again when I click start new career game, and again when I click to select which editor files to activate in the game.

In FM20 the same process takes practically know time at all.

i was hoping i wasnt the only one noticing this

• 1 month later...

I'm having this issue as well, it's pretty abhorrent. My current solution is keeping only the files I want to use in the editor data folder for that save and leaving the rest in a separate folder inside of editor data, so I can find them when i need them. But not sure why the experience has been so eroded when we've done it for years. Hopefully can be fixed in a patch. 

• 5 months later...