Something players could really do with in the Match Engine

One thing I have noticed, and I haven't had the chance to play FM21 so do let me know if this has been improved in the current ME, is that there is a real focus on team play but less focus on individual ability. Of course that isn't to say that if you have a better individual player they won't perform better in a position than another, but I have noticed it particularly when attacking. Almost all the goals you score tend to be team moves. That's good that your team puts together good moves, but have you ever seen a player with tremendous pace and acceleration attributes knock a ball past a defender and sprint past them in FM? I have sometimes seen players use pace to go past somebody with the ball, but not knock it past them, as fast players often do in real life. Have you seen players with high dribbling and creativity attributes perform step overs and twist defenders inside out? I don't think I have. It would be great when you have players with great pace or dribbling skills in your team, to see them use this in matches.

Whilst not seeing in-depth animations of step-overs, etc, I've seen attackers perform those sorts of actions (knocking the ball past the defender, cutting inside and leaving the defender in the dust, etc) in the FM21 match engine.

9 minutes ago, WojciechZed said:

That's good that your team puts together good moves, but have you ever seen a player with tremendous pace and acceleration attributes knock a ball past a defender and sprint past them in FM?

I have seen this plenty of times the last few years. Especially when they have the trait to do that.

Have you seen players with high dribbling and creativity attributes perform step overs and twist defenders inside out?

Have seen this too (though not step over animations) and not even just in FM21. With the new animation blending system, it's more apparent this year though.

This was a video from FM17. Look at the fake that gets the defender sliding there at the end.

28 minutes ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

Yes I’ve seen it many times on fm21 beta ( with players like Ansu Fati Neymar Joâo Félix). Not anymore on fm21 release.

I've seen them doing it in the release version, nothing's been changed regarding wingers from beta to release.

15 minutes ago, SpecialOne Miko said:

I disagree with you, tho I didnt say anything about wingers.....

Well, you named a bunch of players who play on the wings. Also, you'd also be disagreeing with Jack Joyce, the head guy behind the ME :)

à l’instant, JordanMillward_1 a dit :

Well, you named a bunch of players who play on the wings. Also, you'd also be disagreeing with Jack Joyce, the head guy behind the ME :)

They are not just wingers despite playing on the wings. Fati and Felix are my strikers duo in my 442. Jack Joice didnt say much about release version and so we can only give feedback about what we see in our games. This is what Im doing. Sorry if it bothers you.

On 27/11/2020 at 12:44, HUNT3R said:

I have seen this plenty of times the last few years. Especially when they have the trait to do that.

I've not seen it. I have a player now who has the trait 'likes to knock it past his opponent' but I haven't seen him do it once during a match. He does use his pace take on defenders, but no knocking the ball past them.