Brexit confusion - help required

Hi.

After Brexit the work permit rules change to:

image.png.63b7c28fb31fb894d80b81b65e80bc35.png

However I can't find any further information about this "points system". In a previous FM (I think it was 18?) it listed out how many points the player is given for each of the criteria, and also it gave information on the points system whenever you bid for a foreign player. This year as far as I can tell however there's nothing, so trying to sign foreign players is a complete guessing game. If anyone knows if the points system is outlined anywhere else in the game then please let me know.

My second question is about Irish players. It says:

image.png.be0957b188f82d48afc97e0f7a7953af.png

I take that to mean that Irish players should now be classed as foreigners to England. However I have an Irish player in my squad who has not stayed in England long enough to gain citizenship yet he doesn't count as a foreign player and doesn't have a "settled" icon. Is this a bug or have I just misunderstood the above?

Thanks.

Edited by tiotom92

6 hours ago, tiotom92 said:

My second question is about Irish players. It says:

image.png.be0957b188f82d48afc97e0f7a7953af.png

I take that to mean that Irish players should now be classed as foreigners to England. However I have an Irish player in my squad who has not stayed in England long enough to gain citizenship yet he doesn't count as a foreign player and doesn't have a "settled" icon. Is this a bug or have I just misunderstood the above?

Thanks.

Read the line above the one you highlighted.

18 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Read the line above the one you highlighted.

Sorry, I didn't explain it well - I meant that all the other EU players have a "settled" icon next to them but the Irish player does not, and isn't classed as foreign. Whereas from what the rules say I believe he should be classed as settled?

Edited by tiotom92

Not my intention to start a different discussion here than the op intended, and I don't know the answer to the original question.

But would love a scenario where the rules were not clear initially as the op states and then became clearer as time went on.

Because let's face it, that is exactly how it will be.

16 hours ago, francis#17 said:

Could you also respond to his first question please? Something I've wanted to know to

I would have responded to his first question if I knew. Given I don't 100% know, I answered the part that I did now the answer to.

On 28/11/2020 at 21:56, JordanMillward_1 said:

I'd report it as a bug then - might be that Irish players aren't showing up as foreign for the purposes of the settled status icon.

They don't need to I don't think - Irish nationals have indefinite right to remain & therefore don't need settled status - so they should count as foreign towards the 17 foreigners rule but should never have a settled status flag because they don't need settled status from a work permit perspective. So the issue is that the flag is there.

I might have misunderstood something here though because after about 3 weeks this Brexit conversation is blowing my mind now. 😂

Edited by Junkhead
Clarity

8 hours ago, Junkhead said:

They don't need to I don't think - Irish nationals have indefinite right to remain & therefore don't need settled status - so they should count as foreign towards the 17 foreigners rule but should never have a settled status flag because they don't need settled status from a work permit perspective. So the issue is that the flag is there.

I might have misunderstood something here though because after about 3 weeks this Brexit conversation is blowing my mind now. 😂

One of the variables with the FM Brexit is whether Irish nationals count as foreign or not. Where they don't, as you say, the current circumstance would continue and they wouldn't need settled status. In that case, the Brexit said that they did count as foreign, and so they'd need to have the same flags and WP rules as everyone else from abroad.

On 28/11/2020 at 06:03, tiotom92 said:

Sorry, I didn't explain it well - I meant that all the other EU players have a "settled" icon next to them but the Irish player does not, and isn't classed as foreign. Whereas from what the rules say I believe he should be classed as settled?

Irish people are for all intents and purposes classed as "British" under British law as far as immigration and work is concerned.

So they won't be affected by Brexit. Unless 100 years of British government policy is suddenly reversed overnight.

16 hours ago, Junkhead said:

1 hour ago, kiwityke said:

Irish people are for all intents and purposes classed as "British" under British law as far as immigration and work is concerned.

So they won't be affected by Brexit. Unless 100 years of British government policy is suddenly reversed overnight.

Thanks for your replies but my screenshot suggests that Irish players are now foreigners unless I'm misunderstanding it.

44 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

Thanks for your replies but my screenshot suggests that Irish players are now foreigners unless I'm misunderstanding it.

It does, however there are two parts to the brexit changes.

The first is work permits. Everyone not from the UK needs a work permit after brexit. However this does not include Irish nationals.

Secondly, the FA are going to limit foreigners. We do not know yet if that will include Irish nationals or not, and @JordanMillward_1has said that there are two different scenarios built into the game.

It looks to me like in your save, the FA consider them foreigners towards the 17 foreigners rule. However they would not need a work permit as I understand it because Irish nationals will not require one. Hope that makes sense.

6 hours ago, Junkhead said:

It does, however there are two parts to the brexit changes.

The first is work permits. Everyone not from the UK needs a work permit after brexit. However this does not include Irish nationals.

Secondly, the FA are going to limit foreigners. We do not know yet if that will include Irish nationals or not, and @JordanMillward_1has said that there are two different scenarios built into the game.

It looks to me like in your save, the FA consider them foreigners towards the 17 foreigners rule. However they would not need a work permit as I understand it because Irish nationals will not require one. Hope that makes sense.

That does make sense and when I read it earlier I thought that you just might have solved it.

However just loaded up the game and one of my Irish players was about to join another English club on loan but failed to get a work permit :(

13 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

That does make sense and when I read it earlier I thought that you just might have solved it.

However just loaded up the game and one of my Irish players was about to join another English club on loan but failed to get a work permit :(

The game is inaccurate if it is making Irish Nationals apply for a work permit. They will not be subject to work permit/immigration rules IRL at all as they have been granted Indefinite right to remain. I would post that in the bugs forum.

7 hours ago, TioPatinhax said:

That article is written as if they are talking to the club but then quotes speculation in the Daily Mail as a source. I would suggest that they know nothing more than anyone else, but I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

The game is inaccurate if it is making Irish Nationals apply for a work permit. They will not be subject to work permit/immigration rules IRL at all as they have been granted Indefinite right to remain. I would post that in the bugs forum.

Cheers, will do.