ME after the full release.

Hey guys, I was wondering, how has been changed the ME for the full release?
The other day I started a fresh new career, the first with the full game, but I had a strange feeling about the ME.

In the beginning, I thought that was due to the tactic, the team did not master it yet, so I waited to see some other matches but, after 6-7 friendlies and some cup matches, it was clear that there's something different in the players' behavior on the pitch. Maybe it's just a wrong impression, but I started to see many things that remind me of FM20.
In general, compared to the beta, the AI defensive phase looks better: They do a more intelligent gegepressing, marks tightly, and negate the space in a more efficient way. Moreover, they seem less passive. On the other side, the number of killer balls looks highly decreased, the AMF are often stuck between the lines again, the players are less reactive and, the "activation" line, where the offensive Forwards start attacking the space, looks moved ahead of several meters.
Too many through balls during the beta?
Don't get me wrong I know how the negative space/space negation/space manipulation works in football and, as I said before, perhaps this could be just a wrong impression, but I'm curious to know what kind of changes have been implemented on the ME.

Edited by erfocacciaro

On the beta I got promoted in the first season and then was sitting top of the league at Xmas in the second. Definitely somewhat overachieving but we looked brilliant at times and my simple 4-3-3/4-5-1 control possession tactic was working wonders.

I was always expecting a rough patch at some point, but since the update I’ve won one game in about 20 across the second half of the season, playoffs and now the start of the second.

My formation which was working brilliantly has completely failed. My defenders who were comfortably playing from the back have suddenly lost any ability to pass the ball and despite asking them to play from the back they hoof it to the opposition full back or centre back (which ever one is the most open) every time. 

The only conclusion I can come to at this point is that something has been maybe tweaked with reputations and I’m not being put under pressure by teams which wasn’t the case before. I don’t know though. One of my biggest issues with FM over the last few years is that I always feel that my team suddenly turns crap, and there’s a huge lack of feedback as to why it’s all going so wrong (not that I know how the game should explain it to me).

I’ll keep going and I do see that people seem to still be finding it too easy, but my experience from beta to full release is so far really bad. And I agree with you that since the full release, I’m getting major terrifying FM20 type flash backs.

With that being said, it may just be my tactics :(

Edited by wattzy

5 minutes ago, wattzy said:

On the beta I got promoted in the first season and then was sitting top of the league at Xmas in the second. Definitely somewhat overachieving but we looked brilliant at times and my simple 4-3-3/4-5-1 control possession tactic was working wonders.

I was always expecting a rough patch at some point, but since the update I’ve won one game in about 20 across the second half of the season, playoffs and now the start of the second.

My formation which was working brilliantly has completely failed. My defenders who were comfortably playing from the back have suddenly lost any ability to pass the ball and despite asking them to play from the back they hoof it to the opposition full back or centre back (which ever one is the most open) every time. 

The only conclusion I can come to at this point is that something has been maybe tweaked with reputations and I’m not being put under pressure by teams which wasn’t the case before. I don’t know though. One of my biggest issues with FM over the last few years is that I always feel that my team suddenly turns crap, and there’s a huge lack of feedback as to why it’s all going so wrong (not that I know how the game should explain it to me).

I’ll keep going and I do see that people seem to still be finding it too easy, but my experience from beta to full release is so far really bad. And I agree with you that since the full release, I’m getting major terrifying FM20 type flash backs.

With that being said, it may just be my tactics :(

full game is definitely a lot harder.

Just now, bendixkunert2 said:

full game is definitely a lot harder.

Which I don’t mind, as I was definitely overachieving. But it’s completely destroyed my team. The feedback from SI seems to be that only minor changes were made though, so really unsure where it’s all gone wrong!

This is all that was changed  :  

Would suggest that if you find it much harder, it may be more than simply a ME change. Tactics and decision making are more likely causes here, so it may be worth investigating. 

18 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

I'm finding it the same as Beta - really good. 

Not saying its not good ,I love the game,best fm in years .but the little tweaks they made here&there have made a difference.i gonna just have to tweak my system 

Edited by Weasek

• erfocacciaro changed the title to ME after the full release.

A moment please, the difficulty is not the point here, I'm perfectly ok with it; It's only the ME that gives me a completely different feeling compared to the beta, I was curious to know if anyone else is experiencing the same.
The ME felt brilliant, a lot improved and the best in years for sure, now it's still good but not as it was before; I noticed some ghost from fm20. This not because "my tactic doesn't work anymore" or "I can't dominate my league", the reasons are listed in my first post.
However, judging from the post linked by HUNT3R, nothing has really changed in the ME, just some tweaks relate to other aspects of the game so, I've to deduce that's everything is due to a wrong impression or I've to change my tactic approach/keep playing for some more.

45 minutes ago, erfocacciaro said:

A moment please, the difficulty is not the point here, I'm perfectly ok with it; It's only the ME that gives me a completely different feeling compared to the beta, I was curious to know if anyone else is experiencing the same.
The ME felt brilliant, a lot improved and the best in years for sure, now it's still good but not as it was before; I noticed some ghost from fm20. This not because "my tactic doesn't work anymore" or "I can't dominate my league", the reasons are listed in my first post.
However, judging from the post linked by HUNT3R, nothing has really changed in the ME, just some tweaks relate to other aspects of the game so, I've to deduce that's everything is due to a wrong impression or I've to change my tactic approach/keep playing for some more.

Don’t think anybody questioned your post did they? 

Just gave examples of the different things we’ve seen during matches which is exactly what the question in your OP asks for. 

Edited by wattzy

Don't worry, I was not referring to you in particular(or to anyone else), I'm also very sorry if my last post would sound aggressive or rude; sometimes language barriers can be tricky, my intention was totally different.
I specified the nature of the topic because I saw some posts more related to "How it feels difficult compared to.." rather than "How the ME/players behavior feels, etc..", only that.
Your contribution is most welcome.

Edited by erfocacciaro

11 hours ago, erfocacciaro said:

The main things that seem to be having an effect are the changes to ME to better cope with 3 striker formations. If you are using three strikers, you will see a difference. I suspect this may also get triggered by narrow IF-ST-IF type formations. I know I saw better play by widening my attack (I mostly play a 4-3-3 DM Wide variant). 

The other big thing is dynamics and morale which played less of a role in beta.  Again in my game, I started playing some players who still had good morale and performances started to pick up to the point where some of those with low morale improved and I could feed them back into the team.

Edited by rp1966