Summary: Sacked for underperforming when not underperforming.

Description of Issue: Managing Churchill Brothers in India, and had been getting media reports for a while about being under pressure. This must be a bug because my expectations were a mid-table finish, and I was sat 4th in the league, and also unbeaten in four games (three wins, one draw). I can't see a logical reason for the sacking. Manager performance just before the sacking (save file attached) was "E" with the two main critisisms being wage budget (valid) and competition performance (bug). You could argue that the wage budget caused the issue, however earlier in the season the wage budget situation was worse and my manager performance was "A". Something doesn't add up here.

Steps to Reproduce: Simply continue the game for a few days.

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: .fm file uploaded, called "Peter Santamaria-Woods - Morecambe.fm". Couldn't figure out how to provide a direct link.

• SI Staff

hey @peter-27

I've had a look at your save - while the sack does feel a bit harsh, the game should always give you ideas about why it's happened

If you go to the Club Vision tab you can see the club culture is to "make progress on and off the pitch" - you're "struggling" with the wage budget & they are "disappointed" with coming 4th (indeed this is "midtable" in a league of 11 - if you have your mouse over "disappointed" it should tell you this)

Not sure where you saw the A rating; on Club Vision > Performance there is lower grade that spells out how the board see things. That's usually one of the best pages for tracking how you're doing.

Commiserations...! But from this save it looks like you fell foul of a few of the targets within Club Vision. Sorry about that!

Hi @Tony Garvey, thanks for the response.

I agree with everything you said but there are two things that make me think this is a bug:

1) My target is "top half". It doesn't make sense that they are disappointed with a mid-table position when I am 4th/11, that is well within the top half.
2) My rating was A, I then went unbeaten in four games, and it dropped to E. Surely it shouldn't drop after four unbeaten games when nothing has gotten worse?

If it's a genuine sacking then fair enough, but I don't understand the logic of this.

• SI Staff

Hey,

For 1) I see it both ways... but in a league of 11, 4 is close to midtable. But then it's also top half! Regardless if you hold your mouse over the word "Disappointed" it should spell this out, I don't think that alone would cause the sack.

However I'm a bit concerned by...

2) Your rating dropping from A to E very suddenly. There always should be a reason for this, and these screens should not leave it a mystery

If you have a save before it drops to E, I'd be interested in taking a look :)