FM21: The English Football League thread

warlock

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my first EFL save of FM2021.

I welcome you to the new manager of .........

image.jpeg.9fce23805dbe16a656c69ee7eb01bade.jpeg

I am managing them not as myself by as former Cambridge player Dion Dublin.

1833418056_DionDublin.jpg.5f61cb21a0baf1dafd0bf97054a8d35a.jpgimage.thumb.png.1b5c9e759872007fbde699d93c9a3ef0.png

Here is my best line up for Cambridge.

image.thumb.png.209c1211e435dc00ca5ea028e25e645c.png

Key Player is Idris El Mizouni

image.thumb.png.9165b109eb4bdbc0b36bf2fce60c36ef.png

Hot Prospect is Shane Helder(newgen)

image.thumb.png.cd893d6908e4679d2e6ad04fdc3e9940.png

Interesting thing about this save is I downloaded a file to get rid of Brexit as it just ruins saves in England. So expect a lot of exotic foreign players playing for Cambridge hopefully.

My board expectation are not that bad. Very easy compared to other clubs.

image.thumb.png.fade80f802ab6232e3624706726a31c7.png

Great thread. Look forward to following everyone's progress.

After a brief dabble in Scotland I've decided to head back to England. Still deciding on a club. Wanted to go League Two but no one really interests me there. Leaning towards Rochdale as a) I like their Inter Milan style kit and b) they have never won anything or even been above the third tier.

Bradford City Season 2 (2021-2022):

Transfers: we continue to keep the purse strings tight, despite the board offering up a £150k transfer kitty following the promotion to League One. In my view we just can't afford it, and there should still be plenty of free bargains to be had, plus we have parent club Man City to raid for loans. O'Donnell finally leaves along with a couple of the weaker signings from last year. Because he was available Will Keane was recruited in early June and doesn't show as a new season signing.

657429593_BS2transfers.PNG.96b43cefe54ec752aab25a98bb3e53cb.PNG

Expecting a season of consolidation, our early form is promising, August and September results are a couple of wins followed by a couple of losses, we're firmly in upper mid table. October then starts with an unbeaten run of 11 games, catapulting us into an automatic promotion spot. The loss that breaks the run is followed by another 8 games unbeaten, and even a title run seems to become realistic. As promotion and even winning the league becomes more mathematically likely, the pressure routines start to kick in and form begins to dip again as players struggle with the expectation.

Coming into the final game of the season it's another nail biter, if we match Preston's result we will be automatically promoted as runners up, Coventry being 7 points clear by then. We dominate the game against playoff hopefulls Walsall in every aspect other than the scoreline, losing 2-0, while the door is open for Preston, they can't cope with the pressure either and lose 5-1 away to Forest Green, again by goal difference, we have a second successive promotion.

2004806124_BS2league.PNG.086fc26a4d8aecaa846d20317860dbe6.PNG

Our first choice 11, staying with the 4-4-2 has become:

316764491_BS21stchoice.PNG.a4e3b496ba69a946d0ba686f5e0ea474.PNG

Despite a month injured, David Faupala bangs in another 30 league goals this season, with Will Keane helping as either his support or taking over the advanced role during David's injury, and bagging another 13 goals. Elliott Watt is also a star in the deeper midfield role, with a 90% pass success rate for the season, his 9 assists not quite reflecting how he fulfils the playmaker role by starting most of our attacking play.

We reach the quarter finals of the Carabao Cup, getting a relatively easy run to the 4th round where we smashed Championship side Derby 6-0 away before going out to Wolves at home. The financial boon of the run making financial losses not as bad as they otherwise would have. 

1821606763_BS2derby.PNG.ec22b56dff5984c95fc7d2ae58dad394.PNG

Another promotion brings with it some problems, several players who aren't good enough for the Championship finishing their contracts which while convenient, means I need more recruits. Despite not spending any transfer funds and a strong cup run, we've closed the season with another big financial loss and we're £1.5m in the red, which means no money for a scouting package. 

No scouting package doesn't seem a huge issue, the scouts spamming me with players they've found means I've got a chunky shortlist of anyone they've said has Championship potential and I hope the promotion gives us a better change of getting higher quality loans without wage costs from Man City. I definitely need a keeper, a left back and a striker with cover in each of those positions as a minimum.

Have made it to the end of the transfer window in season 1 so thought I'd post an update. 

image.png.7683d61d303683d89c38e460c285ccb8.png

The Posh squad is quite strong to start with, assuming you decide to play the way we play in real life ie: 3CBs, 2WBs and the AMC 2ST triangle up front. I decided to go in a different direction as I'm just not a fan of the wingback approach in general but I can see its merits. I also wanted to keep instructions on the tactic quite simple and after a few tweaks during pre-season, settled on the below. 

image.png.1e21f34a6ffccdaad6d705fdf37bfc7b.png

Now, with that being said, that left quite bit of business needed to be done in the window as Siriki Dembele was really the only proper wideman at the club (and I think he's been a tad underrated!). A total of three wingers were brought into the club. Dominik Nagy joins on a free transfer, Lynden Gooch was transfer listed by Sunderland and Samuel Shashoua was available from Tenerife. The window also saw Jason Naismith and Serhat Tasdemir leave the clubs on permanent deals to MK Dons and Sunderland respectively.

Spoiler

20201130115325_1.thumb.jpg.356363afb1bb0c0b70d498f81e65fea3.jpg

20201130115335_1.thumb.jpg.7b7d3d2de16c020f2f091889e7366cd0.jpg

20201130115343_1.thumb.jpg.9baf35bc7ccfb41aa88aa400b95ce726.jpg

Manchester City agreed to become our senior affiliate so I took Adria Bernabe on loan for a season to provide some competition in the midfield. Also joining on free transfers were youngsters Cole Dasilva, Kian Flanagan and Aidan Barlow whilst for Premier League player Tom Huddlestone also joined on a free and for a much cheaper wage than I expected. 

Spoiler

20201130115723_1.thumb.jpg.ff70b05cf5f37d594c9029cf5e53e37d.jpg

20201130115705_1.thumb.jpg.ad8dbd43abbcdcfce17503b11ef866a6.jpg

20201130115709_1.thumb.jpg.520fb10eb64552b3c096413d75e4a7c5.jpg

20201130115714_1.thumb.jpg.c2376c54c4ce407a54b6b22ea383ab4f.jpg

20201130115717_1.thumb.jpg.435bbd6c02abe534b5739542caec17c7.jpg

The start of the season has been very strong, we currently sit top of the league and have made it through to the Carabao Cup quarter-finals after defeating Gillingham, Burnley, Chelsea and Norwich!

image.png.c0954a03cbba165a7a4f9f425cb23c0b.png

image.png.624aa7267b0eee4782808eb91ac2a651.png

image.png.272b5b8b6a2ccf172374a5c193abab0d.png

Business end of the season.

Sitting 4th with 6 games left, and 3 points from 3rd, and a promotion spot. I don't want to go up this season. 

New youth team intake time, however, and we may have a decent intake.

image.png.53ec812689543ee64668ce46c6749ce3.png

Key players from that batch (I've already been through and picked the ones I like)

wV2xmro.png

Lack of pace concerns me for Shields, I may train him to play DMC and just be a destroyer with his bravery.

DvGRVKF.png

jYPoEOD.png

Another one whose lack of pace concerns me, however, a bit of work on passing and tackling, and Brown will be a pretty solid midfielder.XL7USn9.png

The probable jewel in the crown, Tommy Bonner, who is a very quick midfielder.

o9O28HE.png

On top of these, the following are players we've picked up for minimal fees following a few scouting missions round the UK.

vpc5ORI.png

U2BgKv0.png

image.png.47a812946c8268d06f45ba93d86974fe.png

WQob6bD.png

Dn8auEq.png

Green, Harkin or MacFarlane will be the first into the first team reckoning.

Quick update to my start with Crewe :)

I brought in Leighton Clarkson and Liam Millar on loan from Liverpool after getting them as my parent club. No other incomings or outgoings. Clarkson has only made 1 appearance due to injuries. Millar has managed 3 goals and 2 assists in 8 games, so not too bad from left-wing.

Our first run of games has looked like this...

crewe1.JPG.793a5ce0bb9675eb98671356828a60e2.JPG

We drew our rivals Stoke City for my first competitive game and we managed to sneak through on penalties. That was the perfect way to get the fans on board early :D A 3-2 win against Barnsley and a 1-0 victory against Swindon saw us draw Man City in the League Cup. We were somehow 2-0 up at half time but then City decided to bring on Ferran Torres :rolleyes: He scored 2 goals and also got the winning penalty :lol: But still, we played very well against a pretty strong City side. Our only proper defeat has come away at Doncaster where we had a man sent off early doors and lost to the penalty conceded.

The table currently stands like this:

crewe2.thumb.JPG.da29381ed5bb546c8937cfbeeaa75db2.JPG

Big match against Ipswich coming up :)

I've started with Gillingham. Squad is ok overall but nothing overly exciting.

Signed a few players so far:

Rowe to add more quality on the wings:

1644336939_Screenshot2020-11-30at17_21_54.thumb.png.01f2a8d726571082aa430ae4a9092069.png

Balogun to continue the Arsenal loanees, and extra pace up top:

420184649_Screenshot2020-11-30at17_22_09.thumb.png.feb04144213ecf475e2ac85cd9b1f945.png

And finally a return of club favourite as a back up:

1594012473_Screenshot2020-11-30at17_22_04.thumb.png.8abe87c8239cdc20d73cbde70c9414bb.png

I tried to get Simeon Jackson in as well, but he chose Rochdale and less money, bit of a confusing one, only on a year there though so will try again next summer.

At the moment setting up with a 442, still playing the friendlies though.

I'm in the third season having started with Farsley, got the Solihull job and managed to get them up end of the second season. First season in league two is going far better than expected. To the point I'm thinking is this game just a bit too easy this year? Not got the best squad but am smashing it, hardly conceded a goal. Anyone else finding it easy? Below is a screenshot of my results, sorry its zoomed out.

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 17.35.08.png

25 minutes ago, RHKC said:

Quick update to my start with Crewe :)

I brought in Leighton Clarkson and Liam Millar on loan from Liverpool after getting them as my parent club. No other incomings or outgoings. Clarkson has only made 1 appearance due to injuries. Millar has managed 3 goals and 2 assists in 8 games, so not too bad from left-wing.

Had Clarkson at Chesterfield for half a season. Really good at the base of midfield.

Think losing him in January knocked my team, as we didn't seem as effective as before.

Plodding along in the second half of the season was OK for me though. Layton Stewart wasn't as effective up front, mainly as he was struggling due to the demands of the tactic I've been playing (even though I changed his training to try and get him 'fitter')

Goals still came from midfield, with Matthew Craig, Regan Booty and Lewis Barr (the latter, a January arrival from the Northern Irish league) chipping in with 20 between them.

A 5th place finish, and 2 games against Port Vale, and a possible final against Forest Green or Bolton, is what stands between us and a 2nd promotion on the trot.

Player of the Season looks like its going to be Dan Happe. The big centre back signed from Leyton Orient on a free in August, and has been dominant in the middle of the back 4, despite missing a chunk of games through injury. A passing success rate of 94% throughout the season, shows how important he has been to the way we play.

image.thumb.png.1a05ea3359d84f4f547fdbb8e286c05f.png

Regan Booty has been just as important in the centre of midfield, acting as the metronome for the side, and dictating the play. However, with the development of Joe O'Donovan, he may find his future playing in a more defensive role, either in front of the back 4, or as a left full back.

Finally, perhaps the most important key to the way we play, has been goalkeeper, Will Huffer. 

The former Leeds youngster came in on a free from Vanarama North side Bradford Park Avenue last summer, and has kept 21 clean sheets in the league as he formed a vital cog of the team. He is getting interest from Rangers, and may leave this summer, however, we have catered for that in the signings we've made.

sp9KuZa.png

Currently with Swindon 1st season. Locked in a promotion battle with 2 games to go. Using a 4-2-3-1 Tiki taka and a Custom 4-3-3 (DM) Counter attack. 

Has anyone got any recommendations on players who can do a job in the championship 

So.

Playoff time.

Seeing off Port Vale over 2 legs was good, a Connor Wickham goal after 20 minutes in the 2nd leg was enough to see us run out 2-1 on aggregate, 

Next up, Bolton at Wembley. They battered us at their place, and we did the same back, so, two evenly matched teams going at it.

As luck would have it, we were at full strength for the match, as were Bolton.

In the end, we had nothing to worry about, as the returning Josh Barrett and Liverpool loanee Thomas Hill scored to see us run out 2-0 victors, in a game where we could, and should, have won by more.

Dan Happe once again got man of the match, as he bossed the defensive line.

aB1SCSY.png

League One football is coming to Chesterfield, at least 2 seasons ahead of where I wanted it to be. There will have to be some improvements to the side, but, I think the squad I've got is good enough to stop up.

I started the beta as manager of Southport FC. Playing as my alter ego Eceel Wehttam a Sunday Player with a National C License. In my save I was able to reach midtable in 20-21 and make a playoff run in 21-22 that went all the way to the final for promotion where Southport lost. I won VNN Manager of the Year. Shortly after the start of the 22-23 season Swansea of then League One came calling and offered me an interview. They offered 5x the money to be manager so of course off I went. Only problem they wanted me to win League One starting in 18th! An Attacking 4-3-2-1 Wide which I had been using at Southport suited Swansea's players. After figuring out who played best in which role and some luck. We started winning....a lot like Liverpool just after Klopp took over We could score, but couldn't keep a clean sheet. Anyway we won the league by a point on the final day of the season. So I kept the job. I expected to have problems with the step up in talent in the Championship, but the team was mostly kept together and picked up where we left off in League One and started off gangbusters and led the Championship at Christmas in '23 and finished in the playoff places at the end of the campaign.

I am currently in my third season at Swansea (24-25) and am struggling to really get better players in my team so I can reach the Premier League. I really can't afford any more wage budget at 20M/year and trying to rehabilitate the Premier League Castoffs isn't really working...especially if I want to be the best Welsh club in the world!

I will post some screenshots later 

This Player when Healthy carries the team playing as an AML-IF-A: Morgan Whittaker  scored 23 goals and 10 assists in about 35 appearances'. View Morgan Whittaker - Derby County (dcfc.co.uk) 

He is like an English Neymar....his idol according to the game.

Edited by Hootieleece

2022/23 Season signings.

Introducing the first group of signings joining the club for the 2022/23 season. A lot of these are signings for the future.

Goalkeepers

The first to join, one for the future. Lots of work to do, but, if he can put his decent determination to use in training, we'll get there.

K0ACX5m.png

Somewhat of a coup, Remy joins from Arsenal, where he kept 5 clean sheets in 11 games for the U23s. He made 1 appearance for England U19s as well. Like McManus, he needs some work, and he'll get there.

f70vcRH.png

The successor to Will Huffer, hopefully in about 12 months or so. Needs some work, especially on Composure and Positioning, but, hes agile and large, something which will come in handy. Capped at England U19 level, so has something about him

HicbBqR.png

Defenders

Signing from Manchester United, where he was part of the U23 squad, Rhys is fairly quick, and good in the air. Lacks in natural fitness, so we'll have to work to get that up, as well as his composure, but, again, one for the next few seasons here.

1PaBX7O.png

Not as quick as Bennett, however, a lot of similar attributes, and slightly better composure. Will need work on his positioning and decisions.

6XILEA1.png

A player who can actually slot into the side now, and a left sided defender as well. Comes on a free from Barnsley (via Dordrecht and Leipzig), and is homegrown due to his development at Nottingham Forest prior to that. Can play anywhere across the back, but will find his home at left back. 

dDIVpU6.png

Midfielders

Last season we picked Matthew Craig up from Tottenham, this season, I think Ollie will be the best midfielder at the club, despite his young age. Well rounded for a central midfield role, he will probably be developed to play as the sitting midfielder in our pair, allowing the quicker players to move around. I'm looking for him to play a sort of Iniesta role for me.

f5t3G3c.png

Very quick, and still, very raw, however, Hibbert came very highly recommended by our scouts, who watched him several times. Will see service as a right winger in the future.

2pbeaYm.png

The only signing we've made so far that isn't a permanent one, Cottrel joins on a season long loan from Arsenal. At home playing in the #10 role, he can play anywhere behind the striker. Not the biggest player, but, again, with a Lewis Barr alongside him, he'll get protection.

lZ3IlJV.png

Forwards

At home on either wing, or up front, the purchase of Abdul saw us break our transfer record and spend £350k on him. Quick off the mark, and with quick feet, he could light up the division, especially once we work a few of his little weaknesses out.

jquEe2O.png

A raw prospect, who joins us from Manchester City. Tai isn't the fastest player, but, rather like Jermain Defoe, relies on his positioning and excellent technique to score goals. I think we can get his pace up a couple of points with some work, and that may help us a lot.

HY58mKh.png

We still need a quality left winger, however, that will be looked at in the coming weeks.

Bradford City Season 3 (2022/2023):

Transfers: Things are starting to calm down with the turnover of players. I need a new creative forward alongside Faupala, as Will Keane almost left and isn't up to Championship level. Both left backs left on contract expiry which is a real priority too. I think we do well enough to secure enough quality to keep us safe. I've also got Man City's U23s to draw on still too.

Thomas O'Connor looks quality at this level at least.

1947964269_BS3transfers.PNG.848f36cb8725de75cbe3c2b93f31afce.PNG

As expected, the opposition are a lot tougher in the Championship, but we pick up wins enough in the first 6 weeks to keep us well clear of relegation. The season then follows in roughly 4-6 week cycles of doing well as we did in September-October, turning into runs of losses, at one point losing 6 straight games. February sees a recovery and we string together wins and draws stretching for 7 games which secures our survival.

I'm not quite sure what causes either the bad form or the turnaround other than recognising that star player Faupala isn't making an effective partnership with new signing Temenuzhkov, and I bring Keane back into the team. 

1399799915_BS3league.PNG.85713a928bb1bfc1076a35b5bd6175f3.PNG

Highlight of the campaign was coming back after 5 straight defeats to hit 8 again QPR away, Faupala bagging 7 of them on his own. Faupala almost singlehandedly keeps us up, scoring another 39 league goals, taking his tally to 106 league goals in the 3 seasons we've had him.

We managed to take a step further in the Carabao Cup, reaching the semi-final, hanging on for a 0-0 home drawn against Man Utd in the quarter-final to put them out on penalties. This saw us through to face their rivals City at Old Trafford and the 1-0 scoreline was a little flattering on us.

With Championship TV money rolling in, finances are improving and the board grant a £1.2m transfer budget for the season ahead, if I can get the right player, I might outlay some actual cashy for the first time. I've used loans for my left winger so that and potentially as good a centre back as I can get will be the summer targets to consolidate further.

Nice updates all. Good to see such a variety of clubs and special respect to those having some struggles - something I very much want to endure myself in FM21.

I've not really got far since my partial season in the BETA with Tottenham. 

I've tried a couple of different playing modes in League 2 in order to find which one suits me best. This has been with three different clubs.

• One is just regular Club Career
  • One is Create A Club with some minor tweaks, mainly cancel all loans, bin a number of squad men, add a small handful of L2 standard players, and remove the U18 squad to leave just a first team of 21 players
  • The final one was using Pre-Game Editor for the very first time to remove all the loans, bin a couple of older squad players, add two free agents and one Non League player with local connections, and add some free and available ex-club stalwarts to staff (including installing the manager back in as Technical Director)

If I was going for a quick set up, I would say Cambridge is the perfect League 2 team. They're not one of my three so far, but the squad is balanced, ideal for a flat 442 and needs no ins or outs. My option 1 above was similar to them but Cambridge was always going to be my first pick so it may yet be them that I go with. Good choice @Ronaldo Beckham or do I mean Dion Dublin...

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Nice updates all. Good to see such a variety of clubs and special respect to those having some struggles - something I very much want to endure myself in FM21.

I've not really got far since my partial season in the BETA with Tottenham. 

I've tried a couple of different playing modes in League 2 in order to find which one suits me best. This has been with three different clubs.

• One is just regular Club Career
  • One is Create A Club with some minor tweaks, mainly cancel all loans, bin a number of squad men, add a small handful of L2 standard players, and remove the U18 squad to leave just a first team of 21 players
  • The final one was using Pre-Game Editor for the very first time to remove all the loans, bin a couple of older squad players, add two free agents and one Non League player with local connections, and add some free and available ex-club stalwarts to staff (including installing the manager back in as Technical Director)

If I was going for a quick set up, I would say Cambridge is the perfect League 2 team. They're not one of my three so far, but the squad is balanced, ideal for a flat 442 and needs no ins or outs. My option 1 above was similar to them but Cambridge was always going to be my first pick so it may yet be them that I go with. Good choice @Ronaldo Beckham or do I mean Dion Dublin...

Cheers Jogo sorry if I nicked your idea again but as always we usually go for different players so even if you pick Cambridge you will have a different save then I do so it will work out well.

Also I am going for a 4-4-2 Diamond but its a bit different. I will post screenshots later.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Cheers Jogo sorry if I nicked your idea again but as always we usually go for different players so even if you pick Cambridge you will have a different save then I do so it will work out well.

Also I am going for a 4-4-2 Diamond but its a bit different. I will post screenshots later.

Don't be sorry at all mate. I haven't decided which of the four clubs I will go with and it won't change even if you are there too. As you say, different players will definitely be the case.

I thought I saw a flat 442 in your post but maybe you changed ideas. I'll keep a rigid 442 with them if they are my pick as the players are perfect for it (Wes isn't needed).

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

Don't be sorry at all mate. I haven't decided which of the four clubs I will go with and it won't change even if you are there too. As you say, different players will definitely be the case.

I thought I saw a flat 442 in your post but maybe you changed ideas. I'll keep a rigid 442 with them if they are my pick as the players are perfect for it (Wes isn't needed).

Oh actually it is. I was getting confused with my save with Anderlecht. I am at work so I can't see it. 

I will post a screenshot of how I am doing when I get home and I am looking forward to your first EFL career on here.

So. 

Few last signings and bits before the start of the season.

Since the signing of Cottrel, theres been a few more signings, mainly for the U18s and to go out on loan.

First, Rio Adebisi was at Crewe, and not able to get any game time. Scouting wise, he fit every one of our desired attributes, and for £350k (although, hes out on loan for the season at Yeovil), its not much of a risk in the long run.

eO1Jhrt.png

Joe Muggeridge was found in the U23s at Charlton, and, despite his diminutive stature, hes pretty solid in the air. Hes gone on loan to Boston for the season.

20Sye17.png

Next in was former Arsenal youngster, Luke Plange. He joined for £40k from Kidderminster, where he helped them win promotion with 18 goals as he finished 2nd in the Vanarama North Golden Boot. He;ll experience National League football this season, going to Solihull Moors.

image.thumb.png.755593d0f63f4e0cb739cff25077c1d9.png

Another former Arsenal trainee was our next target, with Boreham Wood centre back, Alex Kirk joining for £200k (his release fee), well rounded physically and mentally, and good in the air, he will probably partner Happe for the start of the season at least.

fj3dFwG.png

Lastly, were two loan signings.

We'd already got Cottrel from Arsenal to play the #10 role, we needed an improvement on both wings as well.

First loan was Noam Emeran, a French winger, who comes from Newcastle (after leaving the Manchester United academy.

QRYUvva.png

The last loan signing, was Roshaun Mathurin from Tottenham. Another young, quick winger, who is good with the ball at his feet, and has all the right attributes to go far in the game.

7bZaK3Z.png

Cambridge United Pre Season, September & October Results Part 1

image.jpeg.124e0e7bda83b7bae81078fee8b594ce.jpeg

Dion Dublin didn't waste any time bringing in players and he scoured all around the World to find them.

Here are some of my key transfers.

Benjika Caciel - 19 year German Poacher

image.thumb.png.54ede2df0313f5353dc2e5e6f5c9d819.png

Caciel hasn't played much but he is a decent prospect who I signed on a free transfer from Stuttgart. 

I am looking at sending him out on loan to see how he does and then maybe play him a bit more next season.

Hakim Guenouche - 20 year old French Full Back

image.thumb.png.200609e6dc57d1a1bf0000d0d175c5be.png

Ever present so far for me Guenouche is a very good left back who has potential to be a very good League One left back. I am hoping he is my main left back for a few years. I signed him on a free transfer from Uerdingen.

Patrick Finger - 19 year old German Mezzala

image.thumb.png.8066e7a526e37cd8600b3e736fab67af.png

Patrick Finger is a very versatile player who can in a lot of positions but main role is a Mezzala in centre of midfield. Has only played a few cup games but he is a very good option on the bench.

Shay Facey - 25 year old English Wing Back

image.thumb.png.0667888dce5d3ce0f91a41a2cefd2ddd.png

Former Man City youngster Facey has decent EFL experience with Northampton and Walsall. I am hoping he takes over from my other right back Zana Coulibaly and becomes my main Right Back for the next 5 seasons at least.

Zana Coulibaly - 28 year old Burkinabe Inverted Wing Back

image.thumb.png.4e264f18286088a5736a61f818b2fe8f.png

Coulibaly has established himself as a very good reliable Right Back despite competition from Shay Facey he has kept him out of the team.

Kafoumba Toure - 26 year old Malian Poacher

image.thumb.png.62ff354b74f3969d609de3a7ecaae3fe.png

Toure is a journeyman striker who despite only being 26 years old has played in Tunisia, Saudi Arabia and Belgium. He has started really well for me with 4 goals in 7 games and 5 assists.  I signed him on a free transfer after he was released by Antwerp.

Lamine Sherif - 21 year old Guinean Ball Winning Midfielder

image.thumb.png.c9a1f077d0612f8b24bb9242e59dde17.png

Lamine Sherif my creative force in centre of midfield. He has a very good future in the game and hopefully with Cambridge. He come from Leicester youth team and has played a few games for Accrington before coming to me on loan.

12 games left of the season and I'm sat just outside the play-off spots with Posh.

The team goes on long stretches of wins, and then long runs without a win. I think a big challenge has been rotating - there's so many games in such a short period in the first season that you really have to rotate so it can be hard to get any fluidity going. 

Cambridge United Pre Season, September & October Results Part 2

image.jpeg.8e0c66d7776a0228cc0840c483bd5c3f.jpeg

Richard Nartey - 22 year old English/Ghanian Ball Playing Defender

image.thumb.png.57db7415ad4cc96b99c9ea7d44a6a5af.png

I was amazed this great played come to Cambridge as you can from current and potential ability he is way too good for League Two. The former Chelsea youngster who spent last season at Burton before signing for Cambridge on a free. I hope he comes up the  leagues with me but I got a feeling he will want to leave sooner rather then later.

Here is my current squad. Stand out players who aint been mention have been Wes Hoolahan who at 38 years old is turning back the clock with great performances and banging in the goals with 8 goals in 9 games so far and 4 assists.

image.thumb.png.e244250aa663c90ec3bc703489f5f615.png

image.thumb.png.6fe647394f8621be776e5b9a8c5c99ac.png

Cambridge are currently top of League Two with 26 points, 8 wins and 2 draws.

image.thumb.png.056e824d04625cc0c77c4ad937e03b25.png

image.thumb.png.50c12a2edc945d8ae846f293fdb5fee1.png

Here is my tactic I am using @Jogo Bonito.

image.thumb.png.86202950f5f76808303ef9a26800bf52.png

Good luck for the run-in there @MaxeyN17

@Ronaldo BeckhamWow. There is me saying they're the League 2 club that requires no transfers, with the most balanced squad in the division. And you, well, you've clocked up more air miles than the rest of the aviation industry put together this year. If i do go with Cambridge, I plan to make 0 transfers. But despite the rip it up approach, you're flying anyway. Do you always use custom tactics or just wanted to try something you saw? Enjoy!

1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good luck for the run-in there @MaxeyN17

@Ronaldo BeckhamWow. There is me saying they're the League 2 club that requires no transfers, with the most balanced squad in the division. And you, well, you've clocked up more air miles than the rest of the aviation industry put together this year. If i do go with Cambridge, I plan to make 0 transfers. But despite the rip it up approach, you're flying anyway. Do you always use custom tactics or just wanted to try something you saw? Enjoy!

Yeah I aint the best at doing my own tactics so I mostly just download other tactics.

I didn't plan to rip up the whole of the Cambridge team but I felt like a lot of the players in the squad were not good enough in the long run. I also wanted to bring in a few African players and change it up a bit.

I might do another Cambridge save in a few months time and just stick with their squad or just see how you do it if you end up managing them.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I aint the best at doing my own tactics so I mostly just download other tactics.

I didn't plan to rip up the whole of the Cambridge team but I felt like a lot of the players in the squad were not good enough in the long run. I also wanted to bring in a few African players and change it up a bit.

I might do another Cambridge save in a few months time and just stick with their squad or just see how you do it if you end up managing them.

That's fair enough. I might take you up on that challenge as I think they are good enough to be promoted with no transfers at all.

Any problems getting work permits for your Africans? Or did they have EU second nationalities?

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

That's fair enough. I might take you up on that challenge as I think they are good enough to be promoted with no transfers at all.

Any problems getting work permits for your Africans? Or did they have EU second nationalities?

I downloaded a file eliminates Brexit so it makes it easier to bring in the players I wanted. I also managed to get a player on loan you might know called Francis N'Da who played well in his first game but then I accidentally canceled his loan after he got injured for 4 weeks and now he wont come back but I will try again in January.

Feel free to reccomend me some more African players if you want Jogo lol.

22 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Give me two positions you REALLY want a new player for and an idea of your budget. I'll consider then whether I should share some names :onmehead:

I think I am quite strong in every position. Maybe a DM or an ML and maybe a long term replacement for Hoolahan if you don't mind Jogo.

Bare in mind I am £10k over my wage budget and have no transfer funds so you might have a difficult job finding me some players even on free transfers lol.

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I think I am quite strong in every position. Maybe a DM or an ML and maybe a long term replacement for Hoolahan if you don't mind Jogo.

Bare in mind I am £10k over my wage budget and have no transfer funds so you might have a difficult job finding me some players even on free transfers lol.

Two or three new players, for free, with -£10k per week wages.

TLDR :herman:

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

What position were you in the table? How many games were left or did you complete the season?

9 games left, 3 points outside the playoffs. I do have a very tough run-in though with 4 of the top 6 to play. 

Started a save with Lincoln in League One. Aiming to play a very similar style and personnel to the team in real life for the first season! Would be happy with challenging for the playoffs.

Not done much business - so everyone bar Bradshaw are Lincoln's real life signings and my only outs are Roughan and Bradley on loan. Bradshaw was available on the final day of the first transfer window and looks like a good pressing forward (Tom Hopper got injured right at the start for me, so not many options).

Window:
image.thumb.png.6896745da53152b2c8e03974b0be3764.png

Team:
image.png.63eab1a4409605cc96c928f983627017.png

Basically the 4-1-2-3 Lincoln have been playing with Bridcutt dictating from the based of midfield, McGrandles and Jones pressing hard. Montsma is the star and ball playing centre back and Grant as a forward cutting inside. Gotts seems better than Eyoma but have used both in those positions.

Found that the long ball to a quick striker was killing me but changing Jackson to a cover duty has helped.

Start:

Doing okay up to January. Montsma has the highest rating in the division!

:image.png.7591b23c40c2012f9fab51cc312aeb98.png

Edited by Fishlcfc_9