FM21: The English Football League thread

warlock

I had already decided this will be my last season no matter what happens, and I think this is the perfect ending. First we edged out Tottenham and Arsenal to take the 6th place by goal difference with our perfect run in the last few games, including an away win in Old Trafford and a crucial 3-2 win against Arsenal. We also need to thank West Brom and Sheff Utd who are already relegated for the goal difference.

Then we went on to lift the 3rd FA Cup for pompey after beating Man Utd and Chelsea in a penalty shoutout.

We were eliminated in Europa League quarter final by Lyon, but I think it was a blessing in disguise. I couldn't be happier to finish the save in a high note with a major trophy win for Pompey.

In retrospect, this save was going too smoothly I would say, I did have some signings with prior knowledge like Matt O'Riley who is still performing very well in pl, even won team of the year this season. Ricky Jade Jones, who was not that good until second half of this season, especially when our main striker was out, he stepped up big time in our last few games.

So that's it, I think I will take a short break and come back with next update for a long term save.

1.png.dcdd1915f0f993fe3a8281c706f57e2b.png

2.png.33e3c717d2ff9c2271ade978d3c4684c.png

Edited by dastrokes88

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.thumb.png.548477ca8f9cff7966a0aeee6b0aa325.png

League One title sealed with a 3-1 win v bottom club Rochdale at Vale Park. We battered Wimbledon the game before but drew 1-1, but I was actually glad as it meant we could claim the title in front of our own fans at Vale Park. 

Ryan Hall, made his first league start for the club, and set up the first for Thompson-Brissett before scoring the second. Stevens added a third within the first half hour and that was game over. Second half we weren't very good at all, but we won comfortably and are Champions of League One at the first time of asking.

With four games to go we have 97 points. Question now is how many points can we amass in total?

Note: Thanks for all of the kind comments about my successes here. As I said in previous post I expect the Championship to be much tougher, and I hope it will be too. Lots of scouting going on currently, as I look into potential signings for next year to strengthen in a few areas, as well as more future young prospects.

Edited by Dave92

2 hours ago, dastrokes88 said:

I will take a short break and come back with next update for a long term save

Good stuff, and a great end to an enjoyable save. I'll look forward to your next one :thup:

39 minutes ago, Dave92 said:

I expect the Championship to be much tougher, and I hope it will be too

I think you can count on it :D. I've always found the Championship to be a real challenge after promotion, so I wish you good luck!

19 minutes ago, warlock said:

Big game :eek:

One goal. Thats what we missed out on promotion by, :(

3-2 victory on the last day.

image.thumb.png.d79f749263f774c4648790650c15822a.png

Top scorer for me was Peque, who joined me from Barcelona.

25 goals for the season, for which he came on leaps and bounds.

37 minutes ago, robterrace said:

One goal. Thats what we missed out on promotion by, :(

3-2 victory on the last day.

image.thumb.png.d79f749263f774c4648790650c15822a.png

Top scorer for me was Peque, who joined me from Barcelona.

25 goals for the season, for which he came on leaps and bounds.

Then I lose 2-1 to Millwall in the Playoffs.. 

I hate footballo.

Sheffield Wednesday Season 1 Review

f7b11399efa0bd2d0c72897cf2b259c6.jpg

I managed to get a 16th place finish in spite of a 6 points deduction at the start of the season.

Without that deduction I would of probably got 10-12th place. 

I was just happy to stay up.

As you can see in the photo above the finances are terrible with us being nearly 10m in the red. Half of that will be taken off cos I will get TV money but I desperately need to find money somewhere which means selling my best players.

Andre Green, Joost van Aken, Dominic Iorfa and Kadeem Harris are being offered out in the summer to try bring some money back.

I forgot to post earlier about my January transfer business so here it is.

January Transfers Out

Joey Pelupessy - Reading - Free

Massimo Luongo - Nimes - £500k

Elias Kachunga - QPR - Free

Liam Palmer - Sunderland - £500k

Dominic Gape - Sunderland - £250k

Chey Dunkley - Sunderland £100k

Jordan Rhodes - New England - Free

Julian Borner - Metz -  £500k

Matt Penney - Birmingham - £100k

Transfers In

Dion Conroy - Swindon - £23k

Max Haygarth - Brentford - £225k

Rodel Richards - Spurs - £400k

Josh Knight - Leicester - £575k

Jake Clarke-Salter - Chelsea - £700k

Danilo Pantic - Chelsea - £140k

Amari'l Bell - Blackburn - £11.5k

Dion Charles - Accrington - £190k

Dominic Bell - QPR - £100K

Joe Hardy - Liverpool - £91k

Lars Dendoncker - Brighton - £375k

Overal for the season I have spent £5.75m and recouped £4.7m. 

This save reminds me a bit of my favorite ever save with Coventry on FM13 I think.

On my Coventry save every season I struggled to stay up but just about did it and had to sell my best players to help with finances and I loved that challenge.

Most of the loan players at the moment don't want to come back next season so there will be no Diallo, Garner or Lovatt.

Andre Green despite his many minor injuries was my best player and topscorer with 14 goals and 5 assists.

Andre Green

6d083dbd13f9b481b1902d0543219012.png

Amad Diallo is a special player and will go on to do great things on FM. I wish I could convince him to stay for another season.

Amad Diallo

7b71d3b13964effa201539db8d7ee874.png

Young player Liam Shaw has done really well in his first season playing regular football. He had a 6.87 average rating in the Championship and scored 3 goals and 3 assists in 22 games and 16 sub appearances.

Shaw is only 20 years old so he will grow as a player and only get better. I hope I can keep him for a while. He is one of the players at the club I do not want to sell.

Liam Shaw

1641589a3c7dcca459b3d6f03ac3965d.png

Another player I really don't want to sell is the very sturdy Cameron Dawson who has been amazing in goal for me this season with 17 clean sheets and a very important player for me.

Cameron Dawson

5738fa29e7d06190b24ea248abfa4467.png

Here is how my squad did overall for you to look at if you want.

a127472260a8c310673a1245395d677f.png

As I said finances are terrible which is expected. I have too many players as always. I started with every intention of not having as many players as usual but I have 87 players covering the main squad, Under 23's and Under 18's.

I just like picking up bargains :idiot:

Some of them are players I have on loan and some of them are players out on loan.

My aim is to trim it down to 40 by the end of the summer.

Let the fun continue.

1 minute ago, robterrace said:

Yeah

3rd time lucky, hopefully. At least you weren't Swansea!

@Ronaldo BeckhamA solid finish. Amazed to hear you signed too many players ;) but to many people transfers and signing players are the most enjoyable part, so it's easy to get carried away. What doesn't make sense (not that it needs to make sense to me) is why you spent more than you recouped, given the financial problems. I'd have thought Penney and a couple of the others might have been worth keeping around given modest wages and small transfer fees paid for them. Good luck next season, having to be wheeling and dealing ala Harry Redknapp is a perfect club for you :thup:

1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

3rd time lucky, hopefully. At least you weren't Swansea!

@Ronaldo BeckhamA solid finish. Amazed to hear you signed too many players ;) but to many people transfers and signing players are the most enjoyable part, so it's easy to get carried away. What doesn't make sense (not that it needs to make sense to me) is why you spent more than you recouped, given the financial problems. I'd have thought Penney and a couple of the others might have been worth keeping around given modest wages and small transfer fees paid for them. Good luck next season, having to be wheeling and dealing ala Harry Redknapp is a perfect club for you :thup:

Yeah I am definitely a Harry Redknapp or a Poundland Barry Fry :lol:

I didn't realized I signed that many players. I leave my DOF to in charge of the Under 23's and Under 18's transfers and by the looks of it he signed a lot of rubbish players so I might get rid of my DOF as well.

Penney wanted to move to a bigger club. He eventually went to Birmingham despite Gladbach making an offer for him.

I didn't realized I spent more then I recouped. I don't pay much attention to it as I thought the signings I were making were very cheap and a lot of them I signed with the aim to get them good and sell them on for profit. I have a few players like that like Hardy, Pantlic, Dendoncker etc. 

I will be paying more attention to it next season.

During January I had a lot of players moan at me for lack of depth as daft as that sounds lol.

18 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I am definitely a Harry Redknapp or a Poundland Barry Fry :lol: I didn't realized I signed that many players. I leave my DOF to in charge of the Under 23's and Under 18's transfers and by the looks of it he signed a lot of rubbish players so I might get rid of my DOF as well. Penney wanted to move to a bigger club. He eventually went to Birmingham despite Gladbach making an offer for him. I didn't realized I spent more then I recouped. I don't pay much attention to it as I thought the signings I were making were very cheap and a lot of them I signed with the aim to get them good and sell them on for profit. I have a few players like that like Hardy, Pantlic, Dendoncker etc. I will be paying more attention to it next season. During January I had a lot of players moan at me for lack of depth as daft as that sounds lol.

I bet that's a first for you Barry! :lol:

Edited by Jogo Bonito

I bet that's a first for you Barry! :lol:

Yeah I thought it was a bug but they were moaning at the lack of strikers I had as the first team squad only had like 2 or 3 strikers including Windass who can play there so that is why I signed Joe Hardy who done well.

I just got this bleak message in my inbox

cf086c5a9c1a16e09c367fcf1643095e.png

JaSheffield Wednesday Season 2 Pre Season Update

First of all finances are a lot better.

aa2ca8739918ce8de4845ec22f9a459a.png

Transfers Out

Jamal Blackman - Hoffenhaim - £100k

Laurens De Bock - Portsmouth - Free

Joost van Aken - Cardiff - £1.5m

Dominic Iorfa - West Brom - £2.5m

Kadeen Harris - Reading - £250k

Josh Windass - Sunderland - £500K

Callum Paterson - Sunderland - £500k

Alvas Powell - Burton - £250k

Dion Conroy - Wigan - £28k

I also managed to release a lot of the dross

@Jogo Bonito In the end I made £4m profit for last season on transfers as I spent £6.25m and recouped £10.25m as most of these transfers out were at the end of season 1.

Transfers In

I managed to get Rochdale as an feeder club so I decided to scout all of their player so my transfers in are mostly me raiding them.

Luther Archimede - Rochdale - £115k

Stephen Humphreys - Rochdale - £350k

I also spent about £500k on a few of Rochdale's regens

Nathan Phillips - Liverpool - £65k

Matt Clarke - Brighton - £90k

Stanley Asomugha - Chesterfield - £70k

Lewis McLeod - Plymouth - Free

Lee Evans - Wigan - Free

Jean N'Guessan - RC Abidjan - Free

I also got Filipe Soares, Ethan Laird, Hannibal and Dylan Levitt on loan from Man Utd for the season.

I am looking forward to the 2nd season chaos.

So.

A few moves made by the start of preseason, and I've received bids totalling £40m for a few of my players, Ryan Yates and Joe Worrall attracted the attention of QPR, and Scott McKenna, Newcastle.

LB5oCiT.png

Coming in, midfielder Callum O'Hare, for £1.2m from Coventry, where he was transfer listed.

VavMGsF.jpg

Harry Arter has departed to Stoke, for £400k, taking his wages away from the club. Lyle Taylor heads Stateside to Real Salt Lake (£1.5m), Perry Ng to Reading for £450k, and Brad Collins to West Ham for £925k.

Lewis Grabban retired as well, saving another chunk of money for us.

Tim Handwerker is heading back to Germany, joining Mainz for £5m, seeing us make a £3.2m profit in the course of 2 seasons on him.

Another quick update.

Luke Offord leaves for Stoke, having failed to make an impact since joining us.

Leaving as well for QPR, Joe Worrall, for a fee that will reach £15m.

image.thumb.png.571a5ca1944bf14214f4dac9148316c8.png

Scott McKenna as well, to Newcastle.

iSAZXn9.png

Also spending a little bit of money on some talent for the centre of midfield.

lTOxTBU.png

image.thumb.png.290f5de6cea74d7304f11daf8872b59d.png

As well as a left sided centre back to replace McKenna.

image.thumb.png.dd02b7e6e1b6d49cb37bffcc60b65739.pngimage.thumb.png.7753db7c8c9c687f4008a565e579a81f.png

Huddersfield Town A.F.C. - Wikipedia

Mid-Season Review 2021-2022

The first update after the closure of the summer window showed that we had managed an excellent start, sitting top after 7 games. Here's how the table looks now on the 1st of February:

image.thumb.png.233e9cf2845bd4f3224fbc2fbc56b4b8.png

As you can see we're still defying all the odds as we find ourselves currently sitting in 4th with just 16 games to go.

Our ability to not lose games is what's kept us up there, as since the end of November, we've not really played particularly well and our goals have dried up. Stoke in 21st have actually scored the same amount as us, but we've conceded less than anyone in the league and by some margin too.

Going in to January, I hadn't scouted or lined up anyone as I was more than happy with my squad. Unfortunately, it turned out other teams were too!

Probably my best player, Naby Sarr, had his head turned by the lure of a big contract out in the middle-east and there was nothing I could do change his mind. I eventually accepted a £7.75m fee for the Frenchman. The squad weren't happy that I let such a key player leave, but I didn't want to keep someone around that was so intent on leaving. The squad soon cheered up when they heard the breaking news that we had confirmed the £1.7m signing of Japhet Tanganga from Spurs. The youngster wasn't getting any game time at Tottenham and I was delighted that he willing to join on just £11k p/w.

Richard Stearman wanted to leave on loan due to lack of game time, which left us even more devoid of leadership in the squad. I took this opportunity to sign a club legend, Michael Hefele, for £12.5k as 4th choice just to ensure we keep some leaders in and around the dressing room. This really went down well with the fans. 

With deadline day approaching and Reece Brown's persistent injury problems, I decided to snap up Josh Laurent from Reading, who wasn't getting a look in after the Royals had achieved promotion last season. 

I'm hoping the new signings can give us a bit of a lift and make sure that over the next 16 games, we stay in the hunt for a play0ff place. Yes my aim at the start of the season was a top half finish and to improve on last season, but having been in the top 6 all year, it will be gutting to fall out in the final 3rd of the season.

Up The Terriers!

@smplfc123Really going well even if it is through organisation rather than flair. Josh Laurent is a lovely move, still playing for me in the PL at Reading. And hopefully Tanganga can do what Sarr did for you with £6m bonus too. Hefele was good first time around and should be great around the dressing room as you say. Is his pace not in minus figures yet? :lol:

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Annoyingly my Sheffield Wednesday save is dead due to keep getting a crash. I think its this non-Brexit file I downloaded but weirdly the game crashed half way through season 2 and not during season 1 but anyway I will be back soon.

I got my eye on a Middlesborough,  Barnsley or Swansea save soon so I will be back.

I am just going to do another season on my RC Abidjan/Ivory Coast save first.

35 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Annoyingly my Sheffield Wednesday save is dead due to keep getting a crash. I think its this non-Brexit file I downloaded but weirdly the game crashed half way through season 2 and not during season 1 but anyway I will be back soon. I got my eye on a Middlesborough,  Barnsley or Swansea save soon so I will be back. I am just going to do another season on my RC Abidjan/Ivory Coast save first.

That's a shame mate. But after one season, I'll say see you back here tomorrow then :lol:

That's a shame mate. But after one season, I'll say see you back here tomorrow then :lol:

Nah I am back at work tomorrow after having a week off and I am also gaming a bit more. Annoying I lose on Fifa every time I play but it still doesn't stop me playing lol. I am always playing other games like Dirt 5 and Hitman 2. 

On top of that I am getting to know this lady now so my FM time has been cut but yeah you are probably right and I will see you tomorrow :lol:

Finished my 6th season with Bournemouth. The winter update seemed to mess things up for me but I managed to adapt and have a successful season in the end:

TRANSFERS.thumb.png.2d267423df9419f429a4bc6992542376.png

(some transfers out in June went into last seasons transfers history)

A lot of selling as you can see, raking in the £££. I couldn't turn down that insane offer for Ahmedhodzic and was happy enough to replace him with Ampadu, who also provided needed cover at DM. Nice to make all that profit on Ake in 6 months too hah.

SQUAD.png.7e7432316407455b3e1f5ab166a3b450.png

My squad at the end of the season, 100% British as intended. Lots of quality so I could rotate plenty but perhaps needed a couple more bodies in the squad. Solanke my star player this season of course, ridiculous scoring rate. 

PL.png.3d0154382af2519c22f53f0344c534c6.png

I wasn't able to retain the league title, dropped a lot of points and scored way less goals than last season. Lost to Man Utd home and away in the league annoyingly, they're actually the only domestic team I don't have a positive head 2 head record against. Knocking them out the FA Cup was satisfying though...

FACUP.thumb.png.28425b8418fb52ee38f905a6babe6a45.png

My 3rd FA Cup win, all 3 have been against Liverpool funnily enough. They've been runners up 5 years in a row hah

CL.thumb.png.dcabbc450f8848ef36d87e07d3fae6d6.png

Didn't expect this tbh! Ended up beating Barcelona no problem for my first CL win. I honestly thought it was over in CL semi final 2nd leg against Arsenal but a 95th minute goal from Solanke took me through:

CRAZYGAME.png.720031f4a15374db64f716f31acd37aa.png

I was thinking about taking over another side, Juventus and Atletico needs managers but tbh, I feel I need to topple Man Utd and regain the title first. A formation change could be in order, need a tighter defence.

Another departure from the first team setup, as Robin Hack leaves to join Celta in Spain for £7.25m.

It sees us make a profit of £6.5m on him over the 2 seasons he was with us.

A free transfer from Newcastle is our next signing, with Matty Longstaff agreeing terms on a 3 year deal.

UZelKtV.png

Young Liverpool midfielder, Tyler Morton is the next to arrive on a free, with compensation agreed.

nG7fJmE.png

Another player with history in Liverpool comes in too, with Callum Connolly, who can play in midfield or defence, arriving from Rennes for £750k.

Fgqu3cr.png

A 'big' signing next up, with Dutch playmaker Davey Sinkgraven joining from Bayer Leverkusen for £2.4m.

KXS2FhU.png

After the departure of Tein Troost to West Brom for £3m, we needed another keeper (as Cian Broaders is a couple of seasons away from the first team).

For £600k, Antonio Sivera, a former Spanish U21 was spotted at Eibar in La Liga.

6JQrsq4.jpeg

The final signing of this update. 

Short of some real experience in the centre of defence, after the departure of Worrall and McKenna, I wanted to find a centre back comfortable with the ball at their feet, but, also good in the air.

South America proved to be the place to go shopping again, with a target found who was transfer listed at Flamengo. A fee of £3.8m was agreed, and bringing his depth of experience (as well as 5 international caps) to Nottingham, is Rodrigo Caio.

EEPt5JO.jpg

Update 3... ;)

Another signing, this time to replace Handwerker.

Home grown.

OSqA4QY.png

As well as a loan signing, to play left wing. Fills the role I want him to play perfectly.

VQHoSc2.jpeg

I may have another signing soon, but, a lot depends on the contract.

18 hours ago, robterrace said:

The final signing of this update

Had a feeling he wouldn't be the final signing of the window :lol:. Don't know how you do it... I think the most signings I've ever made in any one window would be about 5 or 6, and that would be a rebuild after promotion for me.

I'm a big admirer of Braaf, he's a special young talent. I can't believe Man City were willing to let him go on loan with a future transfer option included in the recent window. I really hope that option wasn't included for Udinese in the end. Targett is a really solid acquisition too (tried and failed to get him to Reading as understudy to Richards).

Port Vale - End of Season 2 - League One Champions

The end of a scintilating second season that was better than I could have ever dreamed of. Here is the final league table.

image.thumb.png.b8b3ac0169874763a6d55b26e08d2d4f.png

Incredibly, we finished the season with a mammoth 105 points, winning 31 teams in the league and only losing 3 times all season. After our defeat v Wycombe, we were unbeaten in the final 8 games of the season, with 4 wins and 4 draws. We perhaps didn't quite finish on the form we had demonstrated through the season, but still won the league by 15 points.

Thompson-Brissett bagged another two in the final game of the season to take him to 28 for the season and the top scorer in League One, Cullen second in the league's scoring charts. Our win against Blackpool on the last day of the season also stretched our incredible home run to 40 games unbeaten. Vale Park has become a fortress, but our away form has been equally impressive.

I expect our captain and talismanic defender Nathan Smith to win League One Player of the Season, he has been sensational and it would seem an injustice if he did not. Expect his centre back partner Bobby Thomas and Thompson-Brissett to also be in contention.

Ahead of next year, there will be some tough decisions in the transfer market. A number of players who have featured heavily over the past two years are out of contract, and I'm not sure how much room there is for sentimentality if we want to continue to do well in the Championship. Looking at the budgets of some of those clubs is scary. Our wage bill was the smallest in League One and I have no doubt will be the smallest in the Championship.

I'll post a later update reviewing the season and keep you informed of my developments over the close season.

3 hours ago, warlock said:

Had a feeling he wouldn't be the final signing of the window :lol:. Don't know how you do it... I think the most signings I've ever made in any one window would be about 5 or 6, and that would be a rebuild after promotion for me.

Its always the same. Got to the Thursday before the start of the season, and I've had a bid for my first choice right back come in...

WE DID IT!

image.thumb.png.cea8d130d0f7844310aaa8a272bae81b.png

Our ability to grind out 0-0 draws against teams with superior playing squads helped us get over the line. Despite our wage budget total sitting as the 17th highest in the league, we've managed to keep up with the big boys and finish in a play-off spot.

We conceded just 27 goals all season, with Tenas keeping 27 clean sheets in 44 starts. Our biggest problem yet again was scoring, with Boro and Barnsley in 19th and 20th respectively netting more times than us. But I'm not mad, I'm delighted. We found a way in which made us a very hard team to beat and then picked off teams who couldn't break us down. A final day hat trick meant Makhtar Gueye finished the regular season as our top goalscorer, with a respectable 12 goals in 29 starts. We definitely missed Sarr's presence from set pieces, but we saw it through and ended up spending the whole season in the top 6.

I do feel however, that our lack of quality will tell in the play-offs. I fully expect Watford to go up and to be honest, I'm a bit lost as to what I want from this next section. If we don't go up (which I'm fully expecting) I don't see how I can realistically improve on this season with the funding I'll have compared to the teams that will come down and te bigger teams who are still here such as WBA. If by some miracle we go up, the squad will be nowhere near good enough to compete and I'm not a fan of squad overhauls. But enough of that for now, I'm going to give it my all and see what happens.

Up The Terriers!

As expected, Watford were just too strong:

image.thumb.png.cd4442f16ee205f9346af8f2bbc232dd.png

We were 2-0 down by HT in the first leg, and that ultimately, is what settled the tie.

We went behind in the 2nd leg, but I decided to go for it and we responded excellently and very nearly drew level on aggregate, but it just wasn't to be.

I don't really know where to go with Huddersfield now. My best players are wanting to move on to bigger clubs (Toffolo, Pritchard, O'brien etc) and we won't have the funds for me to compete realistically for automatic promotion.

Despite several offers, I'm yet to sign a new contract at the club, so my deal expires at the end of June. I don't want this save to end, but it may be time to look for a new club within it.

image.png

1 hour ago, smplfc123 said:

I don't really know where to go with Huddersfield now

Commiserations... a tough end to a good season. I'd agree with JB - no reason you can't be just that bit more successful with Huddersfield next time. But good luck, whatever you decide.

I'm certainly not going to lecture you on commitment; I've been seriously struggling with the Norwich save after promotion. Spent the weekend messing up the transfer window. Held on to players that should have gone to avoid changing room upsets, signed a few players who have turned out to be seriously useless, and some of my best players in the Championship (Dowell in particular) have failed to make the step up. So last night I made a quiet exit through the club shop, and drove through the darkness of East Anglia to start a new save with arch-rivals Ipswich. Treacherous, but I don't care :lol:

Thanks @warlock @Jogo Bonito.

I think with my low reputation, replacing and improving on likely departures such as Toffolo and Pritchard will be too much of an ask. Especially with the Brexit WP rules. 

I'll take the off-season to consider my options, as again my low reputation probably limits my job choices anyway.

And good luck with Tractor Boys, I've always had a soft spot for them for some reason.

39 minutes ago, warlock said:

I'm certainly not going to lecture you on commitment; I've been seriously struggling with the Norwich save after promotion. Spent the weekend messing up the transfer window. Held on to players that should have gone to avoid changing room upsets, signed a few players who have turned out to be seriously useless, and some of my best players in the Championship (Dowell in particular) have failed to make the step up. So last night I made a quiet exit through the club shop, and drove through the darkness of East Anglia to start a new save with arch-rivals Ipswich. Treacherous, but I don't care :lol:

Were you driving a tractor? I knew you would get back to Ipswich at some point - good luck in Suffolk :lol:

24 minutes ago, smplfc123 said:

Thanks @warlock @Jogo Bonito.

I think with my low reputation, replacing and improving on likely departures such as Toffolo and Pritchard will be too much of an ask. Especially with the Brexit WP rules. I'll take the off-season to consider my options, as again my low reputation probably limits my job choices anyway. And good luck with Tractor Boys, I've always had a soft spot for them for some reason.

Understood my friend, good luck whatever you decide to do next :cool:

image.thumb.png.df512262edb7b1e2c044176a58372b0a.png

After much consideration, I decided to accept the boards offer of a new 3 year contract. 

They're still only expecting a mid-table finish for this season and I've decided that I'm going to make a few tactical tweaks in order to keep my tenure with the Terriers interesting.

I'm hoping that we can exceed to board's expectations again this season and sneak in to the play-offs for a 2nd season running.

Edited by smplfc123

30 minutes ago, smplfc123 said:

After much consideration, I decided to accept the boards offer of a new 3 year contract. They're still only expecting a mid-table finish for this season and I've decided that I'm going to make a few tactical tweaks in order to keep my tenure with the Terriers interesting. I'm hoping that we can exceed to board's expectations again this season and sneak in to the play-offs for a 2nd season running.

Best of luck young man, I hope the new season goes well and you won't regret your continuation. Low expectations are always a positive in my book :)

Sending a few players out on loan and the like, as well as Nuno Da Costa departing for Nimes in France for a £4.2m fee.

A big departure was Luca Campanile, who has come on massively in the season he has been with us. Wolfsburg came in with a £7.75m offer for him, which, with addons and things, takes the deal to nearly £12.5m.

image.thumb.png.e34e8c9bcf7bb267af33a611d9eb8bb3.png

His initial replacement comes domestically (with my 'new' signing Ozgur Sahindere coming from Trabzonspor next summer to replace him in the squad), with Dujon Sterling coming from Chelsea for £1m, and Luke Ayling joining on loan for the season.

qNiTdre.png

The next one to go is Franco Troyansky, who is heading out to Blackburn with a potential fee of £7m agreed for the end of that deal (which, would see a profit of nearly £5m on him).

His replacement may provide a few goals between now and the end of the season though.

4S6aG17.png

A small issue I do have, however, is that my first choice striker, Peque, who came from Barcelona last season, has requested a transfer, as he feels he has outgrown my team.