FM20 - Manager Attributes Determine Board Expectations?

I’m playing an online game with two friends.  We created three identical teams (reputation, stadium size, finances, facilities, et cetera), and started with no players. 

Starting with the same budgets, we all had roughly the same salary and transfer spend.  

One friend finished mid-table, I finished second in the table and lost in the championship playoffs (semi-final), and the other friend topped the table and won the playoffs. 

Board expectations for the next year:

- friend who finished eighth: finish mid-table

- friend who won the title: finish mid-table

- me, who finished second: WIN THE LEAGUE!  ...or else

With all else bring equal, why are my expectations so much higher than the team that actually WON the title?

The only thing I can think of is that our distribution of manager attributes are different and that has somehow influenced expectations (our manager profiles for “playing experience” and “coaching badges” are all the same as well). 

Any thoughts?

8 hours ago, FrazT said:

I suspect that the board and its ambition and finances  will have a lot to do with next season expectations- I dont think that your manager attributes will have a lot of influence

Are you saying that my board’s attributes would have differed for my team versus my friends’ otherwise identical teams?

if so, how is that determined?  Am I just victim of “luck of the draw”?