Sale Value on Scouting Tools

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

I've used, I think, 4 different scouting tools but each one seems to have difficulty in getting the Sale Value right.

I've always been a Genie man and have been used to getting players for Genie's Sale Value.

Now it seems that the Sale Values are grossly out of whack - e.g. a regen player I'm signing has £40k Sale Value but I've had to offer £1.3m+ 30% to get him.

Any others had this experience? Is it a new thing with FM2009? And do you think it can be improved upon?

Yes it seems like all the editors are coming up with inaccurate sale values...but remember SI did say they rewrote the whole player transfer module so probably this has something to do with that. I am guessing that its probably now also based on reputation of club and/or mananger. So when a big club comes in with an interest, the clubs know they can hassle a bit more since you are supposedly rich. Dunno just my guess...else why is it that all the scouts are wrong!

I don't think its to do with the rep of the suitor.

Saw a bit from Dr Bernard in another thread saying that SI's change to the transfer module has changed Sale Values from static to dynamic. Or something like that ;)

I use Scout Tools for a whole heap more than Sale Value, mainly checking my own squad and identifying Bosmans. So they're still of course valuable. But it would be nice if someone could nail down an accurate Sale Value!

Archived