• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

Could end up being a weekly thing this.

New thread. Week beginning 30.11.2020:Game STILL too easy

Make the game harder for yourself if its too easy. Dont manage Chelsea, manage Hornchurch instead.

But realise this:

1) You are playing a COMPUTER GAME. If you found managing real life Chelsea too easy, id call you the special one.

2) If the computer game reflected real life, it would be pointless playing as 99% of teams who never win anything. If youre judging success purely on bashing everyone

3) If the game was as hard as real life, no one would be bothered to play the game.

Ā 

By starting new threads all the time saying the game is too easy.......what will this achieve? some sort of megadeath impossible patch designed just for you?

Isnā€™t it obvious by this point? People like to brag on these forums because there are a lot of good players who post here.Ā 

9 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

Could end up being a weekly thing this.

New thread. Week beginning 30.11.2020:Game STILL too easy

Make the game harder for yourself if its too easy. Dont manage Chelsea, manage Hornchurch instead.

But realise this:

1) You are playing a COMPUTER GAME. If you found managing real life Chelsea too easy, id call you the special one.

2) If the computer game reflected real life, it would be pointless playing as 99% of teams who never win anything. If youre judging success purely on bashing everyone

3) If the game was as hard as real life, no one would be bothered to play the game.

Ā 

By starting new threads all the time saying the game is too easy.......what will this achieve? some sort of megadeath impossible patch designed just for you?

Alright let's start from the beginning

1) Thanks for pointing out I'm playing a computer game, didn't notice. There's a balance to keep between fantasy simulation and real life, we both know that a game never can be as real life, but it's what this game is pursuing, isn't it?Ā  I am not asking a 100% real life simulation, I just found that I got sequences of winning games pretty easily, COMPARED to reality every game has it's difficulty, no matter which team you are, you always will have some struggle, little or big (depending on which team are you), but still a struggle, and at some point, especially if a manager is at his first year in a club (it's more likely to happen), the winning streak will be broken.

2) That's your opinion, playing is not all about winning, is about having fun.

3) It's the same thing you said in the second point.

By starting a new thread I expected to see a comparison between which results I am getting and which you guys are getting, see if there's something linked to this, in a constructive manner, which, by seeing most of the posts didn't happen.

2 hours ago, IrrelevantLion said:

Isnā€™t it obvious by this point? People like to brag on these forums because there are a lot of good players who post here.Ā 

I don't know what problems you have in real life but I'd think twice before adapting such a judgmental attitude, it's just an advice.

There's nothing about showing off in this topic, to meĀ doesn't make sense at all to show off in a game where you can save-scum all the way.

41 minutes ago, madskull.93 said:

Alright let's start from the beginning

1) Thanks for pointing out I'm playing a computer game, didn't notice. There's a balance to keep between fantasy simulation and real life, we both know that a game never can be as real life, but it's what this game is pursuing, isn't it?Ā  I am not asking a 100% real life simulation, I just found that I got sequences of winning games pretty easily, COMPARED to reality every game has it's difficulty, no matter which team you are, you always will have some struggle, little or big (depending on which team are you), but still a struggle, and at some point, especially if a manager is at his first year in a club (it's more likely to happen), the winning streak will be broken.

2) That's your opinion, playing is not all about winning, is about having fun.

3) It's the same thing you said in the second point.

By starting a new thread I expected to see a comparison between which results I am getting and which you guys are getting, see if there's something linked to this, in a constructive manner, which, by seeing most of the posts didn't happen.

So what do you want then? Other people to chime in and say yeah i find the game really really really easy too and then after youve patted yourselves on the back together that they will redesign the game for you?

What is it that you want?

Edited by FMunderachiever

2 minutes ago, FrazT said:

@FMunderachieverĀ  Please ensure that you have read and understood the message that you were recently sent before posting again.

I do understand the message i was sent. I was asking whats to gain by starting a thread like this. Again?

Ive edited my post. Theres nothing insulting in it.

Edited by FMunderachiever

1 minute ago, FMunderachiever said:

I do understand the message i was sent. I was asking whats to gain by starting a thread like this. Again?

Ive edited my post. Theres nothing insulting in it.

I did not say that I was particularly offended by any part of your post, but I wanted to be sure that you are completely aware of where you stand on the forums

Just now, FrazT said:

I did not say that I was particularly offended by any part of your post, but I wanted to be sure that you are completely aware of where you stand on the forums

I am aware of where i stand on the forums. I post other stuff on here tactically and enjoy it here.

I just get baffled by these kind of threads. "Im utterly brilliant at a computer game can everyone else who is utterly brilliant discuss their brilliance with me so i can confirm my own genius and then when we have all confirmed our own genius they will totally redesign the game"

Lets not just ad hominem, what is the point of the thread?

2 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

I am aware of where i stand on the forums. I post other stuff on here tactically and enjoy it here.

I just get baffled by these kind of threads. "Im utterly brilliant at a computer game can everyone else who is utterly brilliant discuss their brilliance with me so i can confirm my own genius and then when we have all confirmed our own genius they will totally redesign the game"

Lets not just ad hominem, what is the point of the thread?

IfĀ you don't understand the point of a thread, rather than question its relevance, Ā just don't post in it

2 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

I know. The point of the thread is the game is too easy. What do you want to happen now?

Are you serious? I already answered you, try to read slowly and pay attention

Look I'll copy and paste it for you here:

2 minutes ago, madskull.93 said:

Are you serious? I already answered you, try to read slowly and pay attention

Look I'll copy and paste it for you here:

My results are absolutely brilliant. Ive won the German, English and Chilean leagues already.

Now what?

47 minutes ago, Loversleaper said:

The argument that somehow choosing a lower league team will be more challenging than a top team is not a viable option. The reason is :Ā that in the lower leagues there is not much difference in quality from top to bottom so in reality it just makes the game even more easy. Iā€™ve seen this proposal through the years and it simply is a false narrative.

Ā 

The suggestion that gamers should no longer scout players and leave it to the DoF is a real head scratcher for me. In all seriousness, whereā€™s the fun in that. I think the people who suggested this will be surprised how many gamers enjoy building their own team in their quest to accomplish things.... But for the sake of debate, even if you employ this sabotage then you still are not going to get away from the last point in the next paragraph.

Ā 

There are people who say you should not play with tactics that win so you can kind ofĀ create a challenge. Like ā€œdonā€™t use gegenpress if you winā€ use something else. Then we have created a reality where we can decide if want to win or lose. I donā€™t see this a challenge in any shape or form and the notion that gamers have to sabotage their game not to win all the time is just way out of bounds...

Ā 

Ā 

Itā€™s like telling someone who is interested in playing chess to just play checkers instead but use a blind fold for a challenge.

Ā 

The last thread was based on beta and is closed now. I for one would like to participate in an intelligent discussion on why some are finding the game still easy or not. Things people are noticing or not. This is what forums are for.

Ā 

26 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Itā€™s like telling someone who is interested in playing chess to just play checkers instead but use a blind fold for a challenge.

If aĀ chess grandmaster would play chess against me, he wouldn't have much fun. So using a blind fold would be more challenging for him and makes more fun.

One example:

A German Youtuber is manager of a 3rd league team. He loaned this player for "0" wage. You can build a whole team with this strategy. AI can't compete with human managers. It is like playing soccer as an adult against 12 years old boys.

ok1 - Kopie.JPG

Edited by Tom 99

On the topic is the game too easy, well i dont have enough play time to give a definative answer, but from my experience from this year thus far. I started unemployed and 6 months in got a job at Linfield, the best team in N. Ireland , now i found that i got offered that job too easy as i had no coaching badges and sunday league rep. but ok yeah fancy winning a few pots to boost reputation. 1st season (well half season), won the league and cup at a canter, but i did expect that as im the best team in the country. However, after signing even better players that i started with for the 2nd season, and playing in what feels like 100 champions league and UEFAĀ League qualifyers, im doing ok in Europe, actually qualifying for the group stage of UEFA league, but in the league, which i thought id demolish, i havent won a game in the 1st 2 months! Same tactic with better players, playing worse teams than in the UEFA, so yeah im finding it harder as the amount of rotating im having to do with all the UEFA comps (and the million cups you play for in Northern Ireland) .

So cant really answer definatively if its easier overallĀ but i am enjoying struggling (in a wierd way) in the league after what i thought would be a breeze.

7 minutes ago, Tom 99 said:

Ā 

If aĀ chess grandmaster would play chess against me, he wouldn't have much fun. So using a blind fold would be more challenging for him and makes more fun.

One example:

A German Youtuber is manager of a 3rd league team. He loaned this player for "0" wage. You can build a whole team with this strategy. AI can't compete with human managers. It is like playing soccer as an adult against 12 years old boys.

ok1 - Kopie.JPG

So shouldn't this be fixed instead of not using what the game offers?

20 minutes ago, TheVerySpecialOne said:

So shouldn't this be fixed instead of not using what the game offers?

As a frequent player of English lower leagues, Iā€™ve always found it fairly easy to get players on loan from a club that are 3 league tiers above me. I would like that to be harder but I bet Iā€™m in the minority there.

Ā 

To put things into perspective, as a 6 tier team, I donā€™t loan my youth players out to the 9th tier lol. There are usually loaned out to the level below me majority of the time.

Ā 

Same with free transfers. Granted I use DOF only now but prior it was easy to sign those young EPL players. Literally no one in my division were signing such players but I was easily about to sign them instead of National league or League 2 teams snatching them up first.

20 hours ago, freddieos said:

The game is currently ONLY generating newgens from Playable leagues. Makes saves longer than 3-4 years impossible.

SI are aware of it and working on a fix apparently.

Mega bummer.

This is awfull? Why isnt everyone talking about this?

What if you load every single league? can you still play?

12 hours ago, Goldenhand said:

This is awfull? Why isnt everyone talking about this?

What if you load every single league? can you still play?

They have partially fixed it now and included in the latest hotfix (1.3). It's save game compatible. Still not 100% fixed apparently.

On 02/12/2020 at 11:44, madskull.93 said:

I already told you the point of this topic mate, I didn't mean to offend any "underachiever" or say I'm brilliant in the game

Iā€™m not offended....just interested in whether you always use your same style of play etc

Game is too easy because it's too easy to sign good players. Revamped scouting and all that means very little if you can still filter through tens of thousands of players on your player search screen or just scout youth intakes (why's that even a thing, take the whole screen out of the game). If you rely on your dof for signings it's more of a challenge, but dof is simply too bad for it to be fun. No, i dont want to be suggested 35 year olds each time i ask for suggestions, they dont even fit the club philosophy im expected to follow :idiot:.

Lower league saves are currently a joke tbh, you can trial hundreds of players each transfer window, pick the best freebies and go from l6 to premier league with back to back promotions. Don't even need to use op tactics either, an attacking 442 with counterpress and higher line will do, because the ai cant counter your tactics. Inb4 "just dont do it bro", the moment i stop trying hard the game stops being fun, simple as.

My issue with FM is that the initial learning step is high, but once you learn the basics, the skill ceiling is incredibly low. Good games can provide new AND experienced players with just enough challenge for them to stay interested and that just isnt the case with FM. I dont want difficulty levels that would introduce any sort of scripting, but at least make the AI able to counter tactics like humans can. It shouldn't be too hard for AI to say "my opponent is playing attacking mentality and high line, let me try hitting him on the break instead of playing right into his hands with an attacking tactic of my own, just because his rep is lower than mine", which would make the game more challenging. But the problem then becomes half of the player base would never win another game, so that's why this should be an option at the start of the save. An ironman mode of sorts, if you will. Not sure why this is always so controversial to suggest.

Edited by Shib0
spelling

Well, the human player has lots of advantages: shortlists, player filters, player search and all that. I think for the experienced player it could be ideal to have a tickbox, like: 'Disable shortlists, player search & player filters, etc'. So the experienced player really has to relay on scouting or/and DoF.Ā 

I am now managing Cork City. Promoted to Premier League. Then next season won the Nation Title. In the third season I was already able to sign/loan people like Sean Maguire, Gavin Bazunu, etc. Perhaps I am able to buy them as well. It's crazy, haha.Ā 

Definitely they tickboxes to make the game harder for experienced players could be awesome. Even better if it's savegame-compatible.Ā 

Its too easy or easier than normal because AI mentality is bugged. AI Teams are too defensive especially when they are losing and playing away from home. AI teams under perform away from home again linked towards AI mentality. Apparently theĀ issue is under review so hopefully we'll get a fix soon and hopefully this will increase the difficulty as AI teams will come out and attack which will make things more challenging.Ā 

Edited by Weller1980

8 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Its too easy or easier than normal because AI mentality is bugged. AI Teams are too defensive especially when they are losing and playing away from home. AI teams under perform away from home again linked towards AI mentality. Apparently theĀ issue is under review so hopefully we'll get a fix soon and hopefully this will increase the difficulty as AI teams will come out and attack which will make things more challenging.Ā 

I just hope they fix this, the Brexit AI problems and youth intake. All those stupid UI bugs and broken stats can be fixed later. Just get the main things working.Ā 

I cancelled my pre-order after getting Fulham in the top-6 in my first season. Feels like FM20, once you get the ball rolling you pretty much win on auto pilot.Ā 
Ā 

The game needs a hard mode, impossible to cater for the entire player base on the gameā€™sĀ base level.

Ā 

But all that will happen is people will accuse those sayingĀ Itā€™s easy of cheating / playing with the best teams.Ā 

Yes it is. I am managing Fiorentina in Serie A and I won the league straight away, in 2020/21. In real life Fiorentina has a decent team, yes, but nowhere near the top spots.

Furthermore, all competition (Juventus, Milan, Lazio, Inter) was literally pulverized even before the start of the new season, and it wasn't even my doing! The English clubs just bought all the star players for Serie A basically, and they were replaced by lame new transfers or none at all (examples: 1) Inter sold Lautaro Martinez and didn't replace him at all, they will play with youngster Esposito alongside Lukaku. 2) Torino sold Belotti and didn't replace him).

I ended up being the only team trying to get better with new signings, the others just got worse.

40 minutes ago, RinusFM said:

Well, the human player has lots of advantages: shortlists, player filters, player search and all that. I think for the experienced player it could be ideal to have a tickbox, like: 'Disable shortlists, player search & player filters, etc'. So the experienced player really has to relay on scouting or/and DoF.Ā 

I am now managing Cork City. Promoted to Premier League. Then next season won the Nation Title. In the third season I was already able to sign/loan people like Sean Maguire, Gavin Bazunu, etc. Perhaps I am able to buy them as well. It's crazy, haha.Ā 

Definitely they tickboxes to make the game harder for experienced players could be awesome. Even better if it's savegame-compatible.Ā 

Yea, besides fixing some of the obvious problems with the AI, there needs to be options in the game that disable most of these things especially attributes.

2 hours ago, Shib0 said:

Game is too easy because it's too easy to sign good players. Revamped scouting and all that means very little if you can still filter through tens of thousands of players on your player search screen or just scout youth intakes (why's that even a thing, take the whole screen out of the game). If you rely on your dof for signings it's more of a challenge, but dof is simply too bad for it to be fun. No, i dont want to be suggested 35 year olds each time i ask for suggestions, they dont even fit the club philosophy im expected to follow :idiot:.

Lower league saves are currently a joke tbh, you can trial hundreds of players each transfer window, pick the best freebies and go from l6 to premier league with back to back promotions. Don't even need to use op tactics either, an attacking 442 with counterpress and higher line will do, because the ai cant counter your tactics. Inb4 "just dont do it bro", the moment i stop trying hard the game stops being fun, simple as.

My issue with FM is that the initial learning step is high, but once you learn the basics, the skill ceiling is incredibly low. Good games can provide new AND experienced players with just enough challenge for them to stay interested and that just isnt the case with FM. I dont want difficulty levels that would introduce any sort of scripting, but at least make the AI able to counter tactics like humans can. It shouldn't be too hard for AI to say "my opponent is playing attacking mentality and high line, let me try hitting him on the break instead of playing right into his hands with an attacking tactic of my own, just because his rep is lower than mine", which would make the game more challenging. But the problem then becomes half of the player base would never win another game, so that's why this should be an option at the start of the save. An ironman mode of sorts, if you will. Not sure why this is always so controversial to suggest.

This pretty much sums it up.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Yea, besides fixing some of the obvious problems with the AI, there needs to be options in the game that disable most of these things especially attributes.

There are already skins available that remove stars and attributes, if you want to use them. I literally just googled "FM21 skin no attributes", and they were the first search results that came up.

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

There are already skins available that remove stars and attributes, if you want to use them. I literally just googled "FM21 skin no attributes", and they were the first search results that came up.

I use them in the past. But it restricts you from using a skin that you actually like...I am not that skilled to customize the skin to add it to the skin I actually want to play with.

Yes, issue is with AI a lot.Ā 
Ā 

Ai managers are poor tactic creators. For example, they have tactical attributes, tendencies, and tactical roles. 95% of them have empty tactical roles. Which means theyre allowed to pick any random choices of roles and positions, whether they work or not. But their formations and tendencies are stuck.Ā 
Ā 

for example, Simeone at Atletico. 4-4-1-1, but defensive and counterattacking. Great irl, but in FM translates to isolated striker with no support, and hoofing ball forward for counter and 9/10 times losing possession.Ā 
Ā 

so youā€™ve made it to UCL knockouts, against Atletico, a big game. YouĀ analyze reports and opponent, pick your best team, do the pre match interview, and get excited.Ā 
Ā 

then, Atletico just run around to press, hardly tackle, so theyā€™re out of position, which gives your team lots of room and ability to make great chances. When they finally get the ball, they throw it away to your defensive line.Ā 
Ā 

then, youā€™re not excited. Theyā€™re not playing the game, theyā€™re not a good side, they give you no challenge other than 10 men back.Ā 
Ā 

yet, perhaps all thatā€™s needed is to give managers better tactics. Switch Simeone to 4-4-2 and add tactical roles that will help support the attack, make minor adjustments to attributes.
Ā 

then, perhaps, they press, but smarter, they intercept, they win the ball, they pass forward and many run forward. There is an actual counter attack. They have shots, youā€™re struggling to defend. You finally get the ball, they defend well. Now, NOW you have a game, and now itā€™s fun to play.Ā 

Edited by majesticeternity

35 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Ā 

Ai managers are poor tactic creators. For example, they have tactical attributes, tendencies, and tactical roles. 95% of them have empty tactical roles. Which means theyre allowed to pick any random choices of roles and positions, whether they work or not. But their formations and tendencies are stuck.Ā 
Ā 

for example, Simeone at Atletico. 4-4-1-1, but defensive and counterattacking. Great irl, but in FM translates to isolated striker with no support, and hoofing ball forward for counter and 9/10 times losing possession.Ā 
Ā 

so youā€™ve made it to UCL knockouts, against Atletico, a big game. YouĀ analyze reports and opponent, pick your best team, do the pre match interview, and get excited.Ā 
Ā 

then, Atletico just run around to press, hardly tackle, so theyā€™re out of position, which gives your team lots of room and ability to make great chances. When they finally get the ball, they throw it away to your defensive line.Ā 
Ā 

then, youā€™re not excited. Theyā€™re not playing the game, theyā€™re not a good side, they give you no challenge other than 10 men back.Ā 
Ā 

yet, perhaps all thatā€™s needed is to give managers better tactics. Switch Simeone to 4-4-2 and add tactical roles that will help support the attack, make minor adjustments to attributes.
Ā 

then, perhaps, they press, but smarter, they intercept, they win the ball, they pass forward and many run forward. There is an actual counter attack. They have shots, youā€™re struggling to defend. You finally get the ball, they defend well. Now, NOW you have a game, and now itā€™s fun to play.Ā 

So come help me and give examples to make AI better

Ā 

https://community.sigames.com/topic/540201-ai-managers-not-trying-to-attack-when-they-are-behind/?tab=comments#comment-12820118

hace 6 horas, Shib0 dijo:

I play mainly Lower leagues and agree that finding FA's that are better and on cheaper contracts than your starting squad is way too easy, specially if you use the Search screen and tons of trials to scout them faster.

That is why I use LLM own house rules, so I don't use the Search screen, don't sign any player I haven't scouted first and don't offer a trial to somebody I haven't scouted before.

Of course we could have the game to add these limitations for us, but I'm good enough and disciplined at self imposing rules,Ā so for me it's not a problem.Ā The same way I never reload a match I have lost nor use the in game editor other than to fix DB incorrect data, but I know for others it's a big problem to self restraint from it.Ā 

So maybe we should have a hardcore LLM mode checkbox at the start of a game with no search screen available and a limit of trials that you canĀ offer per monthĀ or simultaneously. Also an ironman mode with autosave after every game so you can't reload, but that is a problem is a save is corrupt.Ā 

On the other hand, the AI should be also more aggressive going after the FAs, we shouldn't have as many good quality available FAs in the first season, and the FA players shouldn't be as willing to go on trial, specially to another country. It's highly unrealistic as it wouldn't be cost efficient for the player to move to another country for 1 to 4 weeks for a trial in a lower league team and it's too easy to do it in FM.

1 hour ago, majesticeternity said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Have you man these adjustments in your smarter AI file?

• SI Staff
On 30/11/2020 at 14:59, madskull.93 said:

I developed the bad habit to give up in this FM when I see no challenge, I deleted both Chelsea and Milan saves when I was first just after middle season.

Can I just check what you're indicating here? - you played less than an entire season and decided it was too easy? .... surely that is akin to Ancelotti having stopped this season with Everton top of the league because it was obviously a foregone conclusion?

I posted this in a different thread earlier...

Ā 

I'mĀ finding the game unrealistic but not too easy. I'm not losing enough but every game is tough - so it's not massively enjoyable.

I created a new journeyman save (no badges, lowest level profile). Got a job with Yeovil. Used my own tactics and adapted set-pieces.Ā 

Won Vanarama National in 2nd season, won League 2 immediately after (with a record points haul), now ten games into league 1 and in the play-off places. Have beaten multiple premĀ and championship teams in cups.

Have used free tfrs and loans but really can't get anyone insanely good to join.

My main formation has changed for each league. 4-4-2, then 4-2-3-1, now 4-1-2-3.

It's not full gegen - it's counter and counter press but pressing urgency isn't full, I don't prevent short goal kicks and don't engage until the middle third. Play a high line but not offside trap (use a cb on cover).Ā 

I don't smash many opponents. Just grind out results.

It doesn't feel too easy during the season - I get very frustrated during games but still get wins or draws. Now IĀ look back on overall progress and think it's just way too unrealistic.

10 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Can I just check what you're indicating here? - you played less than an entire season and decided it was too easy? .... surely that is akin to Ancelotti having stopped this season with Everton top of the league because it was obviously a foregone conclusion?

Stop the count!

:ackter:

Ā