fm-21 play from behind with Backward

Hello 

i need help in the new game I can not play from behind with Backward. on defense all the time no matter what I do the ball always goes forward I want a slow game that If there is no space in the attack defensive players will be with the ball How  I make this ?

fm 21.jpg

fm21.jpg

fm211.jpg

If you want more patient play, lower the tempo and/or shorten up the passing (these are related). Lowering the mentality also has this effect. I cannot tell your current mentality is, but mess with those 3 pieces (mentality, passing, tempo) and that should help. In fact, go cautious/defensive with a much lower tempo and much shorter passing and probably all you'll get is backwards passing. Then you can start to release some from there until you get what you want

13 minutes ago, ozilthegunner said:

If you want more patient play, lower the tempo and/or shorten up the passing (these are related). Lowering the mentality also has this effect. I cannot tell your current mentality is, but mess with those 3 pieces (mentality, passing, tempo) and that should help. In fact, go cautious/defensive with a much lower tempo and much shorter passing and probably all you'll get is backwards passing. Then you can start to release some from there until you get what you want

In the previous game the mentality would get me what I wanted. to play from behind with Backward But in the FM 21 defense all the time do the ball always goes forward 

I'll try to do what you said
Thank you !

The screenshot if your tactic is to small, so I cannot see anything. But for a more patient and possession-oriented attacking play, these are major tips:

- do not use a team mentality above Positive

- do not use more than one BPD (if any)

- do not use a sweeper keeper on attack duty

- use shorter passing or/and lower tempo (keep in mind though that both are affected by the team mentality)

- use play out of defence

- do not use (too) many attack duties (but also pay attention to the distribution of duties within the system)

If you post a better screenshot, we will be able to help you in greater detail.