Football Manager 2021 Touch *Official* Feedback Thread

29 minutes ago, Marquezrozier said:

I think at bare minimum we should get the features of fm mobile lol. Like i get the games are made Two different ways but the mobile version puts touch to shame. If mobile had 3d match engine, even the one from last year it would still be an instant buy over touch at this point

I agree there are the odd features that have made it to mobile and not touch such as dynamics, but for every one of those you could point to around 10 that are in touch but not mobile. Tactics alone contains multiple options in touch that you won't find in mobile.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Marquezrozier said:

I think at bare minimum we should get the features of fm mobile lol. Like i get the games are made Two different ways but the mobile version puts touch to shame. If mobile had 3d match engine, even the one from last year it would still be an instant buy over touch at this point

Not sure you can compare the two to be honest. Due to the limitations of a mobile device, I imagine that the two most important facets of the game, the ME and tactics are in line with the main game. At least with FMT you're assured that it mirrors all the advances made in the main game in those two areas.

Does anyone here know if future update for fixes will impact on my current save, like for example my managers skin colour not being the same colour as I selected or manager history not showing? I don't mind continuing my save until it gets fixed but im just worried i'll need to start again to notice the fixes. If anyone could let me know that would be brill. Cheers. 

50 minutes ago, Zanders said:

Does anyone here know if future update for fixes will impact on my current save, like for example my managers skin colour not being the same colour as I selected or manager history not showing? I don't mind continuing my save until it gets fixed but im just worried i'll need to start again to notice the fixes. If anyone could let me know that would be brill. Cheers. 

Database changes will require a new game. Fixes for cosmetic issues like the one you describe should be save game compatible.

• SI Staff

Hi all, 

Football Manager 2021 Touch for Nintendo Switch has just been released - we'd love to hear any feedback you might have on this year's game, so please post them in here if you have anything you'd like to share.

Cheers!

What has happened to the end of season leaderboards? They seem broken. Are they for any of you who play on a PC

Works using overall no problem, but when you break it down into the division you have actually played in it seems broken

Edited by kccircle

1 hour ago, Smoothoperator said:

Is there an update on when the online bugs will be fixed? Pretty much the reason why me and a mate got the game and can’t play together. 

SI doesn't give any updates, just it will be fixed, when it is fixed.

That is their philosophy of costumer support for over 20 years, I don't expect to change now. ;)

23 minutes ago, alepiedi said:

I have bought fm21 in Steam and I have fm21 touch, I want to play it on my iPad. How have I to do it?

For starters, unfortunately, you have to pay for the iPad version in the app store.

Edited by grade

On 14/12/2020 at 23:22, Alistair Skewes said:

Hi all, 

Football Manager 2021 Touch for Nintendo Switch has just been released - we'd love to hear any feedback you might have on this year's game, so please post them in here if you have anything you'd like to share.

Cheers!

I have some first thoughts on the game if you are interested :-)  I have played roughly 2 hours or so

Pros:

• Speed: The game appears to be quicker (I think this is universal across all platforms)
  • UI changes: The controls are more fluid, I really like the L/R buttons for switching menus. 
  • 3D match engine: Feels optimised for the Switch, not as laggy as previous versions

Cons:

• I couldn't get used to the default area/object focus controls leading to me toggling the mouse cursor 
  • The mouse cursor is not as responsive as I would like. Appreciate that this is potentially personal preference but I would like the cursor to be quicker/more responsive. 
  • Small bugs present. For example, not being able to pick attributes relating to a specific role when using the player search for transfers. I noted this was a bug in the beta of FM on the pc so hopefully there will be a fix on the way soon.

Overall, i'm very happy so far. Hopefully with further time spent it'll be the best release of FM on the Switch so far 

This is my 4th year playing FMT on a PC. My observations so far, nearing the end of my first season:

1. Harder/more realistic. I've started 5 or 6 careers in League 2 and been promoted in my first season every time. This year (coaching Leyton Orient) I will finished mid-table. This could be an indictment of the quality of the squad, although I have played as Leyton Orient in 2 previous versions and been promoted. Once I got past the disappointment, it actually feels more real to have to work for that first promotion.

2. Sim matches feel more random. Key word is feel I suppose, but I have beaten each of the top teams at least once but lost both times I played Harrogate at the bottom.

3. I am concerned at how many potential signings have no interest in my club--I might not be able to improve the side very much because players I can afford to sign just won't. I'm hoping that will change once their contracts actually expire.

4. I think this is a bug--mouse-over to see a player's attributes (e.g. from a search screen) is persistent, by which I mean the pop-up stays up even if I move the mouse off of the circle. I have to click somewhere off on the side for it to go away and for me to be able to move on to the next one--slows down the search process quite a bit.

16 hours ago, alepiedi said:

Starters? I play fm from 2015.

I believe they were using “For starters...” as a phrase like “First of all,” or “Firstly,” or “First off.”

Anyway, that said, yes you have to pay for FM on every platform you want to play it on, unless you stream it through Steam link or Stadia. 

One thing that would be a really good addition would be to get a "British National" filter on the player search function, which would like the "EU National" option (but for anyone with a British nationality). It will making finding eligible players following Brexit much easier.

Edited by 17Gonzo

On 17/12/2020 at 09:05, DeepLyingForward said:

I have some first thoughts on the game if you are interested :-)  I have played roughly 2 hours or so

Pros:

• Speed: The game appears to be quicker (I think this is universal across all platforms)
  • UI changes: The controls are more fluid, I really like the L/R buttons for switching menus. 
  • 3D match engine: Feels optimised for the Switch, not as laggy as previous versions

Cons:

• I couldn't get used to the default area/object focus controls leading to me toggling the mouse cursor 
  • The mouse cursor is not as responsive as I would like. Appreciate that this is potentially personal preference but I would like the cursor to be quicker/more responsive. 
  • Small bugs present. For example, not being able to pick attributes relating to a specific role when using the player search for transfers. I noted this was a bug in the beta of FM on the pc so hopefully there will be a fix on the way soon.

Overall, i'm very happy so far. Hopefully with further time spent it'll be the best release of FM on the Switch so far 

I agree with everything.

And i can't search a player by name. I write the name but don't appear anything.

This version of the game has definitely grown on me. Especially the match engine which I think might just be the best I've ever played on. The only disappointment is that the new update seems to have thrown up an infuriating little bug (unable to promote players from B or C Teams) which means I'll probably have to delay my long term save in Spain till the release of the next patch.

The other slightly annoying thing is the AI's ability to use clauses for transfers that aren't available to the manager although I suppose that can be worked around a little for now.

I would like to see improvements to club vision in the future (just too similar across most teams at the moment, a little more variety like full FM would be nice) and perhaps a reversal of the streamlining done to transfers and contracts.

5 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

This version of the game has definitely grown on me. Especially the match engine which I think might just be the best I've ever played on. The only disappointment is that the new update seems to have thrown up an infuriating little bug (unable to promote players from B or C Teams) which means I'll probably have to delay my long term save in Spain till the release of the next patch.

The other slightly annoying thing is the AI's ability to use clauses for transfers that aren't available to the manager although I suppose that can be worked around a little for now.

I would like to see improvements to club vision in the future (just too similar across most teams at the moment, a little more variety like full FM would be nice) and perhaps a reversal of the streamlining done to transfers and contracts.

I totally agree with you. Club vision is really meaningless and limited this year. It could really give clubs an identity if it would be worked out more. Also it could add a bit more difficulty to the game. Big missed opportunity SI, and it feels rushed and not taken seriously.. 

Last year club vision was much more detailed in touch. Why a step back, in the wrong direction? I would even suggest to use the Club vision module of the fullgame and copy it to touch. You want more realism and a feel you are managing a club with a certain philosophy and certain challenges, right? Please extend club vision with: 

• Work within wage budget
  • Maintain the clubs status of the most reputable team in nation x
  • Expand stadium
  • Increase commercial revenue
  • Developing youth players using the academy
  • Signing young talents under the age of 23
  • Signing player from nationality x

Or use the ones of last year.. 

Also the diminished transfer options and clauses is a thing that doesn't do any good. Why would you remove a working features, this isn't how streamlining is suppose to work?!

25 minutes ago, Samelders said:

I totally agree with you. Club vision is really meaningless and limited this year. It could really give clubs an identity if it would be worked out more. Also it could add a bit more difficulty to the game. Big missed opportunity SI, and it feels rushed and not taken seriously.. 

Last year club vision was much more detailed in touch. Why a step back, in the wrong direction? I would even suggest to use the Club vision module of the fullgame and copy it to touch. You want more realism and a feel you are managing a club with a certain philosophy and certain challenges, right? Please extend club vision with: 

• Work within wage budget
  • Maintain the clubs status of the most reputable team in nation x
  • Expand stadium
  • Increase commercial revenue
  • Developing youth players using the academy
  • Signing young talents under the age of 23
  • Signing player from nationality x

Or use the ones of last year.. 

Also the diminished transfer options and clauses is a thing that doesn't do any good. Why would you remove a working features, this isn't how streamlining is suppose to work?!

For what it's worth, "Work within wage budget" is in the game. Can see it in my Napoli save.

5 hours ago, Don Pedras said:

As long as they don't fix the bug of not being able to promote team B players, I will continue to wait, without playing ... Please correct this as soon as possible.

Looks like this problem is in the full game too and has translated over to Touch. In the full game however there is a workaround whereby you can move your player to the u19 squad before moving him to the squad you desire.

Playing on Switch, for IIRC third or fourth year in a row? I find it much more enjoyable than the full desktop version, mainly because there are no press conferences, team talks, and the likes, and much less interruptions in gameplay in general. You can really go quickly through the seasons, and simulating irrelevant matches is also a great help. Everything is much more simple than in desktop, training, scouting, all of it, and much more a game, and less (don't want to be harsh) a chore.

I don't have anything negative to say for the Switch version, apart from a few UI bugs (I love the new UI on the Switch, the way you reorganized the buttons and how the cursor is no longer needed), it's all been fun to play. I see you fixed the right-click-change-fee-after-offer-has-been-already-accepted bug though, perhaps you could have skipped that one.

On 22/12/2020 at 03:57, Don Pedras said:

As long as they don't fix the bug of not being able to promote team B players, I will continue to wait, without playing ... Please correct this as soon as possible.

I've figured a work around for this. When you promote a player to the main squad via their profile screen, immediately after this select the option "available for senior squad". They should then appear in the first team and no longer show in the B squad

EDIT: ignore the above, once you hit continue the squads reset!

Edited by ss03

The latest scores are different to the results, going into the final day needed to win and arsenal not to win the league, arsenal drew on the final scores, I even had the trophy presentation, continued the game arsenal had won 2-0 and the league 🤷🏻‍♂️

The player ratings for defensive players are getting hammered, particularly full backs as reported in the full fat version. Key tackles aren't registering in game analysis either which may be contributing to this. Is this acknowledged as an issue in touch as well by SI?

4 hours ago, Coolcup said:

The player ratings for defensive players are getting hammered, particularly full backs as reported in the full fat version. Key tackles aren't registering in game analysis either which may be contributing to this. Is this acknowledged as an issue in touch as well by SI?

If it's acknowledged for the full game, it will be fixed in Touch as well since the match engine is the same.

Touch PC is a bug ridden unplayable game

If you use instant result after the match you cant view the match report making the instant result button useless. Further to that you cant view any matvh report from your fixtures screen...or indeed any match report from any game from any club...rivals win 2-0 and you want to check who scored etc simply not possible 🙈  was reported weeks ago and no updates

This is a gamebreaker for me but its not the only big bug

PLEASE READ THE PC TOUCH BUGS FORUM BEFORE YOU THINK ABOUT BUYING THIS GANE

Edited by gazza8

Is this years version worth buying over last year? Im reading the thread and i see things like Club Vision more limited than last year, no player shortcuts and limited options when offering new contracts to player, is this by design or are they bugs? 

10 hours ago, RacingAKD said:

Is this years version worth buying over last year? Im reading the thread and i see things like Club Vision more limited than last year, no player shortcuts and limited options when offering new contracts to player, is this by design or are they bugs? 

I’ve not bought this years game, mainly due to limited options with contract negotiations and Club Vision being scaled back. Unfortunately these are by design, which is a shame cos it feels FMT is moving in a different direction to FM.

According to this forum and reviews on the App Store, the game is riddled with bugs which is hindering the game. By all accounts this is an unpolished game in beta.

I’m not buying the game due to the limitations with contracts and team vision, I’ll wait to see if these areas are advanced rather than stripped back. Although, I’m struggling for motivation to play last seasons game 😂

Does anyone know if the player ratings issue (for fullbacks particularly) was affecting FM Touch on Switch as well, and whether the minor update has been rolled out to the Switch to fix this? I understand that the updates aren't made as regularly for the Switch, so I'm guessing it may still be an issue, but would be grateful if anyone could confirm before I get the game on the Switch for now...

Edited by Mike_Cardinal