Should i carry on with my save - Youth Intake Problems

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought that the purpose of loading all of those nations was either to create a massive database of players to choose from or to be able to manage across various countries / continents.  Looking at the information on these forums, that massive database of players will be halved within thirty years, with some countries not generating players at all so it's still problematic for a long term save albeit less so because the player pool is so large to begin with.

@Daveincid  Apologies, I must have misunderstood what you meant when you said that people shouldn't look for errors otherwise they won't enjoy the game.  

I'm just disappointed that a month on from the BETA release, the solution to this problem is to tell everyone that they quite simply have to load every nation as playable until we hopefully get a fix that, fingers crossed is save game compatible.  

vor 1 Minute schrieb Mayzie:

I would have thought that the purpose of loading all of those nations was either to create a massive database of players to choose from or to be able to manage across various countries / continents.  Looking at the information on these forums, that massive database of players will be halved within thirty years, with some countries not generating players at all so it's still problematic for a long term save albeit less so because the player pool is so large to begin with.

@Daveincid  Apologies, I must have misunderstood what you meant when you said that people shouldn't look for errors otherwise they won't enjoy the game.  

I'm just disappointed that a month on from the BETA release, the solution to this problem is to tell everyone that they quite simply have to load every nation as playable until we hopefully get a fix that, fingers crossed is save game compatible.  

No problem! I understand the frustration pretty good. I just don't get upset about something I can't change (Beside post it in the Bug-Forum), so I try to find solution arround the problem. The topic is complex and you can't compare your own save just with somebody else, because it can be completely different. Someone wirh only less leagues will say: The game is broken,  playercount get's halved in the future and its unplayable and post a screenshot as a proof. Someone who loads a lot of leagues will say: "****, this is not true, I don't have this problem in my save". Both are angry, because both are right, but they don't know that both scenario can happen.

38 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

This is a major bummer.. I've tought that the late hotfix has fixed this but not...

But can someone explain what really is the problem? 

I mean if you haven't noticed a problem I would just carry on enjoying the game mate.

I wish I hadn't known what the problem was because by the time it becomes an issue I reckon they will have fixed it and the fix will be save game compatible tbh.

1 minute ago, PequenoGenio said:

i'm in season two of my beta save but in the upcoming days, my intention was star a long carrer game but now i'm afraid of that because of this bug.

It 100% save game compatible? In playable and non-playable leagues?

Obviously I cannot say for certain, however that is what SI have indicated.

Has anyone compared the players permanantly lost from non playable leagues to the players who retired as free agents that came from those countries? Could it be that players from foreign countries who retire as free agents are not being generated to teams academies and just being lost to the ether O_o just an idea I had while reading through this probably wrong lol. 

Edited by Khazard88
Correction

8 hours ago, oblongata21 said:

They are looking for a fix as we speak

They are looking for fix for more than a week now, no new updates, no nothing. Even tho I was all in for calm down, they are working on it, i'm loosing my patience too. Its more than 2 weeks from full release, and more than 4 weeks from beta and still such a major bug still hasnt been fixed. 

1 minute ago, blejdek said:

They are looking for fix for more than a week now, no new updates, no nothing. Even tho I was all in for calm down, they are working on it, i'm loosing my patience too. Its more than 2 weeks from full release, and more than 4 weeks from beta and still such a major bug still hasnt been fixed. 

I understand the frustration, I want it fixed too, but none of us know how complex an issue it is, and the guys who are having to work on it are all doing so from home rather than the office. It seems like a really odd issue, and from what's been said, it seems to potentially be related to the number of free agents and older players retiring after not having contracts renewed, or not having contracts at all, for the 2020/21 season because of the tweaks made for Covid. Given they can't really remove the financial and schedule impact of Covid from the game, because it wouldn't reflect the current state of football, it sounds like a git of a bug to fully squash. I'd expect it's part of the pre-Christmas big patch they usually roll out though, they've made it clear they know how important fixing this issue is.

24 minutes ago, blejdek said:

Nothing You can do about it, so just chill until (and if) it gets fixed.

46 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I understand the frustration, I want it fixed too, but none of us know how complex an issue it is, and the guys who are having to work on it are all doing so from home rather than the office. It seems like a really odd issue, and from what's been said, it seems to potentially be related to the number of free agents and older players retiring after not having contracts renewed, or not having contracts at all, for the 2020/21 season because of the tweaks made for Covid. Given they can't really remove the financial and schedule impact of Covid from the game, because it wouldn't reflect the current state of football, it sounds like a git of a bug to fully squash. I'd expect it's part of the pre-Christmas big patch they usually roll out though, they've made it clear they know how important fixing this issue is.

And thats what everyone is annoyed with. Im a programmer and not bothered with bugs. Especially when its small ones and not gamebreaking ones. But there are so many small bugs everywhere, broken AI, newgens, stats broken etc that its really adds up to something annoying. Especially when some are reported in beta or some that have been in this game for 3+ years (columns) and not fixed. Thats really really annoying. 

3 years. 3 years...

50 minuti fa, JordanMillward_1 ha scritto:

Agree and absolutely respect those who are putting their effort in it, but as a long term customer I still don’t understand how this was not seen internally. Waiting for full release this year and not having this beta 2.0 would have been definitely understandable due to the worldwide situation.

It may be related to the free agents at the start, but after that something else seems to be going wrong.

In my latest test, loading 14 leagues and a large database with many extra players loaded (all internationals etc.), I went from 67.000 players at the start to 42.000 in 2033.  That is most definitely game breaking and it's keeping me from starting a save. I never play just one or two seasons. 

1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I uderstand completely what are you saying, but my points still stand. It does not collide with your post.

I guess least we know there is an issue, imagine you go deep into a unemployment save for the first time then realise something is up as there is hardly any players. Come to the forums realise there is a regen issue and your save is now dead.

that person is me :(

1 minute ago, pbutcher87 said:

I guess least we know there is an issue, imagine you go deep into a unemployment save for the first time then realise something is up as there is hardly any players. Come to the forums realise there is a regen issue and your save is now dead.

that person is me :(

Stay away from the forums. The more you hang around here, the more issues you learn of that you didnt notice yourself. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Stay away from the forums. The more you hang around here, the more issues you learn of that you didnt notice yourself. :lol:

Lool it's a double edged sword isnt it. You definitely want to be aware of game breaking bugs but you dont want to know about OP tactics or small bugs that wont really affect your game

2 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Lool it's a double edged sword isnt it. You definitely want to be aware of game breaking bugs but you dont want to know about OP tactics or small bugs that wont really affect your game

I found out about the AI not attacking when losing and I was just sad. That just hurts my immersion. Not like im steamrolling the game, but its a bit too easy at times. 

2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

They released a sub-standard product.

Whether you know the explaination why and regard that as sufficient justification is, I guess, a personal viewpoint.

Dented my faith in the company somewhat.

Sadly there still is no comparable competitor.  They are still top at what they do  - which I guess also gives them a 'free' pass.

It does seem like the more players you load from the start, the more newgens will generate each year. So my advice would be to just load every player in game if you want the newgen pool to be as big as possible whilst not having to activate every league. The player count will still go down by a lot, but you will at least get the most newgens as possible with the current state of FM.

Edited by LeoFM

29 minutes ago, LeoFM said:

It does seem like the more players you load from the start, the more newgens will generate each year. So my advice would be to just load every player in game if you want the newgen pool to be as big as possible whilst not having to activate every league. The player count will still go down by a lot, but you will at least get the most newgens as possible with the current state of FM.

I have read on one of the bug reports about this problem that we should not be using advanced options to load players at the moment, and that came from someone from SI. 
This is what is putting me off starting a save. I just have no idea how best to set up the save to minimise the damage of this bug until a fix comes out. We have no idea how the fix will effect your save when it comes out. 

1 hour ago, bringbacklilnux said:

They released a sub-standard product.

Whether you know the explaination why and regard that as sufficient justification is, I guess, a personal viewpoint.

Dented my faith in the company somewhat.

Sadly there still is no comparable competitor.  They are still top at what they do  - which I guess also gives them a 'free' pass.

This is IT, it being the only company who goes all in on football manager (SI games), attributes of millions of players, agents, training, everything, just everything and there is no competition. Fifa manager or what is called is just a rubbish/cheap version of football simulation. We know from real world that there is always a competition between different companies to have the monopoly over the industry they are involved in. But there are again milions of different "players" who are in economy side of things. But fm from sigames is more or less alone on the market. Even if they give us half of the game, numbers of bugs, even the game game breaking bugs, we are still going to play it, because we have no other game nearly good as this one is (as i said, fifa manager or what is it its just **** to be honest). I bought game for like last 10 years and i will continue to do so, because i know when the bug is fixed i will play it like over 2000+ hours. That just my take on it. 

3 hours ago, LolloViola said:

Agree and absolutely respect those who are putting their effort in it, but as a long term customer I still don’t understand how this was not seen internally. Waiting for full release this year and not having this beta 2.0 would have been definitely understandable due to the worldwide situation.

Depends on when it cropped up internally - if it's related to the Covid stuff (reduced finances, schedule, contracts not being renewed or free agents not being signed for a year), given that a lot of the fixture and Covid impact stuff was decided with licensors after the new season had started in September, it's entirely possible it didn't pop up until those changes were added, and so only appeared late on (since SI haven't indicated they'd made changes to how the youth intake is generated from FM20, which suggests it's potentially the extreme circumstances for the number of people dropping out of the database due to being free agents, etc, that's breaking something in the calculations).

6 minutes ago, blejdek said:

This is IT, it being the only company who goes all in on football manager (SI games), attributes of millions of players, agents, training, everything, just everything and there is no competition. Fifa manager or what is called is just a rubbish/cheap version of football simulation. We know from real world that there is always a competition between different companies to have the monopoly over the industry they are involved in. But there are again milions of different "players" who are in economy side of things. But fm from sigames is more or less alone on the market. Even if they give us half of the game, numbers of bugs, even the game game breaking bugs, we are still going to play it, because we have no other game nearly good as this one is (as i said, fifa manager or what is it its just **** to be honest). I bought game for like last 10 years and i will continue to do so, because i know when the bug is fixed i will play it like over 2000+ hours. That just my take on it. 

I think we agree.

10 years... just a noob then :)

Long-term addict here - from the very beginning.

5 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Depends on when it cropped up internally - if it's related to the Covid stuff (reduced finances, schedule, contracts not being renewed or free agents not being signed for a year), given that a lot of the fixture stuff was decided with licensors after the new season had started in September, it's entirely possible it didn't pop up until those changes were added, and so only appeared late on (since SI haven't indicated they'd made changes to how the youth intake is generated from FM20, which suggests it's potentially the extreme circumstances for the number of people dropping out of the database due to being free agents, etc, that's breaking something in the calculations).

Why do the words 'quality assurance' come to mind.

(And I mean QA, not QC or testing.).

20 hours ago, pejocho said:

Until this issue is fixed I'm going to wait in order to begin a save... 

their is also many other issues, zebre and salzberg are not included in domestic cup, registration issues with first team players eligible for b squad in austrian leagues. I was to start off as a french save, but no french reserve team fixtures bar psg. no point in updating the development training with no fixtures to progress. i have stopped playing as i finished a year and second season still no domestic cup inclusions. my view is that SI have sort of scammed us releasing this game early with so many obvious problems. thats my conclusion after finishing a season n trying starts with various other teams. only update really on this game fm21 is the extra questions. playing simulation sports strategy games for 20years im 31 now and instead of SI releasing big updates..their updates are in drips and drabs can only see them lose fans(ie the extra questions pre games could have been made 3/4years ago). this game has so much scope and room for improvement it feels like a let down every year its released with more continuing bugs and very little development. voiced these concerns and my content gets edited . actually regret switching over from fm20 and actually considering re install. Just facts.  

Could we stop the toxicity, please?

Of course everyone entitled to their own opinion, but imo SI (and other innocent people in this forum) does not deserve the toxicity and tension that grows here

Okay, there's a bug, an issue, a KNOWN issue i might add. But could we just please keep this discussion as constructive as possible. Saying "this is a scam" or "a scandal" is undermining the hardwork SI have been and is doing right now. And also saying things like that doesn't help or contribute anything to the discussion.

This is still 21.1 version mind you. If it is anything like FM20, there will be like 3 big updates incoming. There's almost no game released bug free anyway.

SI has outperformed themselves this year by bringing an improved match engine, a thing that we always mocked about in FM19 and 20. Also i see someone says that "this covid update is unnecessary", well you know what they say about hindsight is 20/20? I bet if there was no covid in-game some of you would asking to adding covid impact to the game.

Just like the other game,there are positives, negatives, pros, cons, features, bugs, etc. Be patient, contributive, and don't be so toxic and arrogant.

10 minutes ago, lucasnake said:

I don't see anyone being toxic, unless there was an removed comment.

There were removed comments.

Also, I'd also point out that no game mentioned bugs in the description of the game on Steam, so you'd be holding SI to a standard higher than any other developer if you're making that argument, and whilst this is an important bug, it's not gamebreaking (it doesn't prevent people from playing the game as indicated by the nearly 72,000 people currently playing the game just on Steam), unlike other games that I've bought and literally been unable to play because of bugs, and they weren't resolved for several months, and those are games from bigger companies than SI.

44 minutes ago, lucasnake said:

I don't see anyone being toxic, unless there was an removed comment. I just see people who paid 50 dollars for a game expecting it to be playable, complaining in their right as a costumer.

Heck, 50 dollars is nothing compared to the money i gave SI with all the FMs i brought over the decade, the least i expect as a costumer is for them to release a game without such a massive bug.

No one should buy a game expecting to play it after months of patches and fixes. Scam may be a harsh word, but is there any mention of this bug in the description of the game on Steam? Is there any mention there that people buying right now should wait some months so that they can fix an ongoing massive bug?

Agree 100%. I will write a negative review in Steam until they fix it...

Edited by lukavski

37 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

There were removed comments.

Also, I'd also point out that no game mentioned bugs in the description of the game on Steam, so you'd be holding SI to a standard higher than any other developer if you're making that argument, and whilst this is an important bug, it's not gamebreaking (it doesn't prevent people from playing the game as indicated by the nearly 72,000 people currently playing the game just on Steam), unlike other games that I've bought and literally been unable to play because of bugs, and they weren't resolved for several months, and those are games from bigger companies than SI.

Yes, lets have race to the bottom.

Others are worse, so that sets the acceptable standard and makes it ok.

Geez.

37 minutes ago, bringbacklilnux said:

Geez.

As opposed to repeatedly complaining about it?

It's a rubbish bug. No one wants to release a game with such an issue in it. They've not done it on purpose.

And now they are no doubt working very hard on fixing it.  

No one said "it's ok". But talking from now until the end of time about how not ok it is won't make a blind bit of difference.

They're working hard to fix it and will no doubt soon fix it.

1 hour ago, bringbacklilnux said:

Geez.

Because that is entirely what I said, and not a strawman, you sure got me! :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, lukavski said:

I don't know about that ---or who is Miles---, but you seem pretty sure. 

I still believe we have to complain as costumers...

But if we're specifically talking about this issue, then...well, what's the point?  SI know this needs fixed.  They are working to fix it.  Complaining in this case just seems like a complete waste of your own time.  It's not like seeing your complaint will somehow spur the development team into life and inspire them to fix it quicker.  It'll be ready when it's ready, and the developers themselves will be the first to admit that this isn't a perfect situation.

12 hours ago, Junkhead said:

As opposed to repeatedly complaining about it?

It's a rubbish bug. No one wants to release a game with such an issue in it. They've not done it on purpose.

And now they are no doubt working very hard on fixing it.  

No one said "it's ok". But talking from now until the end of time about how not ok it is won't make a blind bit of difference.

They're working hard to fix it and will no doubt soon fix it.

Not sure about the need for the personal attack;

My point is a general one.  Using other bad practice to justify your own is a receipe for normalisation.

I do not have your insight into the company practices (they are working hard etc) and do not care how hard they work to be honest, only in results.

While I will continue to support FM I will not accept the poor standard we have seen this year without complaining (repeatedly) about it.  If you find that unacceptable then ignore it. 

('They've not done it on purpose'.  Did it randomly.  Someone else did it to them.  Incompetence.  Lack of QA..........?)

3 hours ago, bringbacklilnux said:

Not sure about the need for the personal attack;

My point is a general one.  Using other bad practice to justify your own is a receipe for normalisation.

I do not have your insight into the company practices (they are working hard etc) and do not care how hard they work to be honest, only in results.

While I will continue to support FM I will not accept the poor standard we have seen this year without complaining (repeatedly) about it.  If you find that unacceptable then ignore it. 

('They've not done it on purpose'.  Did it randomly.  Someone else did it to them.  Incompetence.  Lack of QA..........?)

Not sure quite where the personal attack was? And of course it is up to you if you choose to complain.

My point too is a general one though. They know it's an issue. They have acknowledged it. They have apologised and said they appreciate it's a horrible bug. They have made clear that they are working on it. We obviously all want them to fix it.

This thread being 5 or 500 pages long is going to make that no quicker, or a fix any more or less likely. 

Repeatedly saying "this bug is awful how could they let it happen, aren't they incompetent" is bizarre. And those "demanding" free extras like children is even more bizarre.

However, if that's the option people take then that's up to them, as you said. We will agree to disagree.

:thup:

29 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Not sure quite where the personal attack was? And of course it is up to you if you choose to complain.

My point too is a general one though. They know it's an issue. They have acknowledged it. They have apologised and said they appreciate it's a horrible bug. They have made clear that they are working on it. We obviously all want them to fix it.

This thread being 5 or 500 pages long is going to make that no quicker, or a fix any more or less likely. 

Repeatedly saying "this bug is awful how could they let it happen, aren't they incompetent" is bizarre. And those "demanding" free extras like children is even more bizarre.

However, if that's the option people take then that's up to them, as you said. We will agree to disagree.

My later responses are to the posts (not posters) using explanation and excuses as justification.  I expect a higher standard.  Yes SI release on 24 Nov for revenue etc.  But stick it out there and deal with the issues later is not my preferred customer relationship - even with apologies and 'we are working hard' statements.  (I might add, 'to clear up the mess we made'.  So no points there; and so you should.).

19 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Who is demanding freebies?  I mean, what could you get for free for a game that you've already paid for and that has virtually no DLC that you can buy (other than editor)?  Sure, there is the occasional post from a paying customer saying they'd like a refund, which as SI have pointed out, they are entitled to.  Why?  Because the game doesn't function as it should, meaning for that particular person it is unplayable in it's current state.  The rest are just venting at the length of time it's taking to sort it out, posting information / stats on player loss or suggestions on how to lessen the impact on your save.  

What's more bizarre?  People posting in this thread to express their frustrations at paying for a game that they don't feel that they're able to play or you piping up just to tell them to stop complaining? 

17 minutes ago, bringbacklilnux said:

My later responses are to the posts (not posters) using explanation and excuses as justification.  I expect a higher standard.  Yes SI release on 24 Nov for revenue etc.  But stick it out there and deal with the issues later is not my preferred customer relationship - even with apologies and 'we are working hard' statements.  (I might add, 'to clear up the mess we made'.  So no points there; and so you should.).

Fair enough. 

25 minutes ago, Mayzie said:

Who is demanding freebies?  I mean, what could you get for free for a game that you've already paid for and that has virtually no DLC that you can buy (other than editor)?  Sure, there is the occasional post from a paying customer saying they'd like a refund, which as SI have pointed out, they are entitled to.  Why?  Because the game doesn't function as it should, meaning for that particular person it is unplayable in it's current state.  The rest are just venting at the length of time it's taking to sort it out, posting information / stats on player loss or suggestions on how to lessen the impact on your save.  

What's more bizarre?  People posting in this thread to express their frustrations at paying for a game that they don't feel that they're able to play or you piping up just to tell them to stop complaining? 

Somebody earlier asked for free DLC. An "editor pack" whatever that is.  

I didn't tell anyone to "stop complaining". I pointed out that individual users posting over and over again about how rubbish it is is pointless. 

If you disagree then fine. 

But the thread is about the issue itself and is the game playable. It had become people complaining that the issue is there at all.