Training Attributes of Individual Roles

Greetings,

When it says on a training card that the Attributes are Individual Roles, does that mean that whatever individual training I have the player set to  (e.g. Center Back on Stopper and additional focus of Quickness training) those related attributes will be trained upon?  So attributes related to his role of Center Back on Stopper and Quickness will be trained upon in that session?

A related question, so it seems I can use the individual roles to more target their development and thus not have to rely on general training sessions to target these attributes.  Correct?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, LyghtWayve said:

Greetings,

When it says on a training card that the Attributes are Individual Roles, does that mean that whatever individual training I have the player set to  (e.g. Center Back on Stopper and additional focus of Quickness training) those related attributes will be trained upon?  So attributes related to his role of Center Back on Stopper and Quickness will be trained upon in that session?

A related question, so it seems I can use the individual roles to more target their development and thus not have to rely on general training sessions to target these attributes.  Correct?

Thanks

Yes and yes.

With individual role training all you are really doing is targeting a set of attributes.  So if you wanted to improve a DLP's tackling for example there is no reason why you couldn't give him role training of a BWM for a while.  Likewise if you like all the targeted attributes for a DLP then train him as a DLP, if you get my drift.

Other attributes outside of those roles may still improve as well (due to general training or natural progression) but the focus should be on the role training.

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Yes and yes.

With individual role training all you are really doing is targeting a set of attributes.  So if you wanted to improve a DLP's tackling for example there is no reason why you couldn't give him role training of a BWM for a while.  Likewise if you like all the targeted attributes for a DLP then train him as a DLP, if you get my drift.

Other attributes outside of those roles may still improve as well (due to general training or natural progression) but the focus should be on the role training.

This is awesome to know.  Thanks!

It's great to be able to target a player's development with laser-like precision.

I'd also note that, unless you're using training sessions that specify that they're training the individual roles, assigning the individual roles means nothing, they don't influence things outside of training blocks that specifically reference it. It's only the Additional Focus that gets trained regardless.

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I'd also note that, unless you're using training sessions that specify that they're training the individual roles, assigning the individual roles means nothing, they don't influence things outside of training blocks that specifically reference it. It's only the Additional Focus that gets trained regardless.

That's good to keep in mind.  Thanks!

And you should note that no training sessions focus more than 20% on the roles. 

There are some sessions like Attacking/Defensive Shadow Play that focus 60% on the attacking or defensive unit. However, they address more than just roles.

So you can't rely on just role training. You still need team or unit sessions. 

Ground/Arial Defending and Chance Conversion/Creation are great sessions for role training. Combine them with Attacking/Defensive Shadow Play on the same day. They are also light workload sessions. 

It's about taking the time to balance the training sessions and tailor them to your needs. There are sessions that address different aspects.   

25 minutes ago, yonko said:

And you should note that no training sessions focus more than 20% on the roles. 

There are some sessions like Attacking/Defensive Shadow Play that focus 60% on the attacking or defensive unit. However, they address more than just roles.

So you can't rely on just role training. You still need team or unit sessions. 

Ground/Arial Defending and Chance Conversion/Creation are great sessions for role training. Combine them with Attacking/Defensive Shadow Play on the same day. They are also light workload sessions. 

It's about taking the time to balance the training sessions and tailor them to your needs. There are sessions that address different aspects.   

So this is why I also need to use the team sessions, correct?  They will ensure complete coverage.  So, it also seems the two (team sessions and individual training) work in tandem, correct?

Thanks

46 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

So it's better just leave on default and just select the aditional focus just in case i want to focus on some attributes?

I am not an expert, but I would always have a player doing some additional focus.  This way you can hone in on skills they need.  For example, you may have a Box-to-Box Midfielder that could improve his passing, or a Forward that has phenomenal finishing but is a bit slow given the competition and thus you may want to improve his quickness.  There is always something they should be working on to give you their peak performance.  To make sure to avoid burnout, you can set intensity to automatic so that the more tired a player is, the lower the intensity of their additional training.

This is what I am seeing thus far.

Edited by LyghtWayve

12 minutos atrás, LyghtWayve disse:

I am not an expert, but I would always have a player doing some additional focus.  This way you can hone in on skills they need.  For example, you may have a Box-to-Box Midfielder that could improve his passing, or a Forward that has phenomenal finishing but is a bit slow given the competition and thus you may want to improve his quickness.  There is always something they should be working on to give you their peak performance.  To make sure to avoid burnout, you can set intensity to automatic so that the more tired a player is, the lower the intensity of their additional training.

I was talking about plaer/role training. Better leave it by default and add some additional focus?

1 minute ago, PequenoGenio said:

I was talking about plaer/role training. Better leave it by default and add some additional focus?

I see what you are saying.  I think a similar principle applies to the Player Role.  When you select the player role you will see the attributes that will be worked upon if your training impacts individual roles.  This way, as another reply in the thread stated, you can ensure the player is developing the attributes you want him to develop.

6 minutos atrás, LyghtWayve disse:

I see what you are saying.  I think a similar principle applies to the Player Role.  When you select the player role you will see the attributes that will be worked upon if your training impacts individual roles.  This way, as another reply in the thread stated, you can ensure the player is developing the attributes you want him to develop.

From another thread:

Individual Training

• Playing Position: work on all attributes required for Position (e.g. central defence)
  • Specific Role: work on all attributes required for Role (e.g. Ball-Playing Defender)
  • Additional Focus: put additional focus on specific area (e.g. Shooting)

Example Individual Training strategies:

• Focus on biggest weakness surgically: Playing Position + Additional Focus; put all increased focus on two or three specific attributes
  • Focus on more weaknesses at once, but at slower rate: Specific Role; put increased focus on more attributes at once
  • Focus on all required attributes at once, but at slowest rate: Playing Position; focus on developing all attributes required for position

2 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

From another thread:

Individual Training

• Playing Position: work on all attributes required for Position (e.g. central defence)
  • Specific Role: work on all attributes required for Role (e.g. Ball-Playing Defender)
  • Additional Focus: put additional focus on specific area (e.g. Shooting)

Example Individual Training strategies:

• Focus on biggest weakness surgically: Playing Position + Additional Focus; put all increased focus on two or three specific attributes
  • Focus on more weaknesses at once, but at slower rate: Specific Role; put increased focus on more attributes at once
  • Focus on all required attributes at once, but at slowest rate: Playing Position; focus on developing all attributes required for position

Good stuff.

15 hours ago, PequenoGenio said:

So it's better just leave on default and just select the aditional focus just in case i want to focus on some attributes?

If you want to focus on improving one specific area (e.g. player has one big weakness), I'd go for Playing Position + Additional Focus. This puts an intense focus on that area and a lighter focus on the rest of the attributes (the more attributes you put intense focus on, the slower the rate at which they improve).

Also worth noting that Additional Focus is being worked on all the time, while Position/Role/Duty needs to be specified in General Training:

n3svMjM.jpg

On 01/12/2020 at 09:38, LyghtWayve said:

So this is why I also need to use the team sessions, correct?  They will ensure complete coverage.  So, it also seems the two (team sessions and individual training) work in tandem, correct?

Thanks

They can work in tandem if some of your training sessions include individual roles training - like Chance Creation/Conversion or Ground/Aerial Defense or the GK sessions. 

You need to check what each session from the different categories focuses on. I believe there is a sticky thread explaining all that. I recommend you read it. 

I also recommend you check the default schedules included in the game and start from there. 

• 3 years later...
On 01/12/2020 at 18:33, LyghtWayve said:

Just keep in mind that if you do an additional focus, those few attributes will get targeted more but then the rest you're targeting will get worked on slightly less. Personally with a young player, maybe up until 20/21, I don't do an additional focus (unless an attribute is terrible I think he definitely needs.) As I want to help all players to be well rounded and in the early stages of development, it's better to be working  on as many attributes as possible at the same level. I only start bringing in additional focus & traits after 20 ish.