[FM21] Championship Manager 2003-2004 database, ported up to FM21

New day one save (all leagues): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hGMxtwIH0bzL6hIkNbs53T9uhXvjXmBq/

New player pictures (paste into graphics/faces/faces folder) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t2dFWPicv12OWmiZ9pRCury7wyiHydph/

Bonus FMFs, smaller files that contain the league structures for Australian National Soccer League, Egyptian Premier League, Japanese J1+J2 and 10-team MLS :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nK9E4pQvsqtWK81r6oPecU19FTjRaRiH/

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2445570653&tscn=1617738615

Heyyyy I forgot to make a thread.

Credit goes to MadScientistFM, who made the first version in FM19. I've went Actual Crazy Person crazy adding players and leagues on top of it in my spare time so it's up to, and I'm probably getting the counts wrong, ~22k players, 38 leagues from 26 nations.

Asia: Australia, China, S. Korea (first division only), Japan (first two divisions)
Africa: Egypt (first division only)
North America: Mexico, USA (first division only)
South America: Argentina (first division only), Brazil (first two divisions)
Europe:
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Greece, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine (first division only)
Germany, Netherlands, Scotland, Spain (first two divisions)
France, Italy (first three divisions)
England (first five divisions)

image.png

image.png

Edited by Ruh Roh

13 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

thanks alot bro,

a quick question...can i use the same facepack of fm20 ? or this one is new with new IDs for players ?

• Ruh Roh changed the title to [FM21] Championship Manager 2003-2004 database, ported up to FM21
8 hours ago, Cavenaghi99 said:

thanks alot bro,

a quick question...can i use the same facepack of fm20 ? or this one is new with new IDs for players ?

FM21 uses new IDs, they're all in like the 2000060000s, so you need to download the new .rar. You can delete everything from the bottom of your graphics folder (the 1915s), that should be mine from last year

Thanks! This is a fun database!

Some issues I've found in the first release (I'll update this list as I encounter them):

• There's a duplicate Iker Casillas.
  • There are a few salaries that seem out of place, which I checked by filtering the people database by salaries over £80,000. See attached image.
  • The same search caught a couple of database issues. For example, Hansi Flick is the assistant manager at Bayern, when according to Wikipedia, he was the first team manager at 1899 Hoffenheim at the time. Another example is Peter Bosz, who appears to have been unemployed during this season, but in the database is the assistant manager at Bayer Leverkusen.

salaries.png

Edited by tigerbright

4 hours ago, tigerbright said:

Thanks! This is a fun database!

Some issues I've found in the first release (I'll update this list as I encounter them):

• There's a duplicate Iker Casillas.
  • There are a few salaries that seem out of place, which I checked by filtering the people database by salaries over £80,000. See attached image.
  • The same search caught a couple of database issues. For example, Hansi Flick is the assistant manager at Bayern, when according to Wikipedia, he was the first team manager at 1899 Hoffenheim at the time. Another example is Peter Bosz, who appears to have been unemployed during this season, but in the database is the assistant manager at Bayer Leverkusen.

salaries.png

Casillas is the one player in the whole thing who gave me the most trouble lol. I think I had to create a new one last year because his heart problems put him on a hardcoded, unremovable "hiatus," but then this year it gave the new FM20 Casillas zeroes for everything (CA, PA, positions etc) because I created it from a copy. There might still be dupe Casillases (?) in the DB but I don't think the zeroed out one loads into the game. But if you downloaded the save game and you also have a dupe Vicente (Valencia) then congratulations, I uploaded the wrong file again, you have a precious artifact

Stanley Eguma gettin paaaaaaaid lmao. I assume that's a real database issue? But yeah I can fix those assman wages no problem. At the same time, player wages are all over the place, some are on a 2003 standard and the ones that are zeroed out are on a 2020 standard according to their rep. At least everyone complains about their contract and asks for more money.

The staff are just a wilderness. It's not good. The inelegant solution for some of the staff problems would be to just delete all the staff with zero database changes, but I don't feel like the game-generated staff are anywhere near as good as the real staff, unless they're things that barely exist irl like "loan managers." There's also an issue where some database changes to staff don't register in the FM21 editor, so like i'll make you manager of Hoffenheim but the game won't read the job change, it'll only leave you as a coach. Can't find a reason for it because it's not a 100% of the time issue. But at least there isn't anything similar with players, if there was I wouldn't have gotten this thing done.

Is it possible for this to be available as a fresh database file rather than a day 1 save?

The day one save has so many leagues activated that it make it painfully slow. I've tried deactivating leagues but the game says it will take a year for them to be removed.

14 minutes ago, montrosefc said:

Is it possible for this to be available as a fresh database file rather than a day 1 save?

The day one save has so many leagues activated that it make it painfully slow. I've tried deactivating leagues but the game says it will take a year for them to be removed.

FYI, the Steam Workshop file linked in the first post is the database.

On 26/12/2020 at 15:13, metallimuse said:

Jeezo this is taking forever to fire up. Literally been sat waiting hours.

Yeah last year I whined to them about it in one of the editor bugs threads and iirc they said it's just slow because it's huge. I'd like to believe it's because of something weird in there that I can fix, but I doubt it.

Anyway, someone in the steam comments pointed out that I'm missing Raul (no big deal, just one of the best players in the world), I found out I'm missing Simao too so I'll try to upload a new version by tonight. My methods for cross-checking who was missing (excel sheets w/lists of names) could have missed a few of the common name/one name guys. At least those were the only two above a 150 CA threshold

On 29/12/2020 at 23:05, Ruh Roh said:

Yeah last year I whined to them about it in one of the editor bugs threads and iirc they said it's just slow because it's huge. I'd like to believe it's because of something weird in there that I can fix, but I doubt it.

Anyway, someone in the steam comments pointed out that I'm missing Raul (no big deal, just one of the best players in the world), I found out I'm missing Simao too so I'll try to upload a new version by tonight. My methods for cross-checking who was missing (excel sheets w/lists of names) could have missed a few of the common name/one name guys. At least those were the only two above a 150 CA threshold

Waiting for the new version

On 31/12/2020 at 13:14, tigerbright said:

Do you plan to update the FMF, as well?

Oh yeah, I never uploaded it. Along with the two missing players there's also some extra turkish players, since Super Lig's 21 teams now for some reason. But i've gotta warn you that with how slow it is, it's like actively hostile to work in

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ARkWjvjlJhusVK8bDj9Css2f_69tYDuS

They haven't patched in the functionality to make updates to our stuff on steam workshop yet.

11 hours ago, Andreh68 said:

There is a duplicate player at Fluminense, Brazilian First division

Lopes and Lopes Tigrão are the same person

Thank you for your work!

thanks, and if anyone finds anything else like this I would like to hear about it!

I'm sure there are a few players whose birth years are off by one year, and that doesn't have a big game impact imo, but if there's anyone who's off by like 10 years, which is possible: that's bad!

Edited by Ruh Roh

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's great that you transfer DB 03/04 to fm 21. I would like to see future wonderwids, like mbappe, and not as famous as depay ... joining the game in later years, like those on 

https://twitter.com/TheFMRetroGroup/status/1325439541130440704

is this possible?

6 hours ago, miguel117 said:

I think it's great that you transfer DB 03/04 to fm 21. I would like to see future wonderwids, like mbappe, and not as famous as depay ... joining the game in later years, like those on 

https://twitter.com/TheFMRetroGroup/status/1325439541130440704

is this possible?

I've got a method that I like, but it's very weird. Warning.

There's something left over in the game that I don't think people have been using at all in the last five years except to deal with the licensing stuff. .edt files, for me they go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2021\data\database\db\2111\edt . The game already loads in support_staff.edt but I don't care if Leeds's kit man or whatever has the right name, I just work in that file.

One of the commands is DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN, which allows you to set a lot of stuff, most importantly starting CA (depending on country, usually regens come in around 15-16), PA, position and starting club.

First Name    Common Name    Last Name    Birth date(dd/mm/yyyy)    Nation (first nationality)    Favourite Team    Ethnicity    Skin Tone    Hair Color    Height (cm)    Weight (kg)    Preferred foot    Preferred position    Favorite number    Birth city    CA    PA    Club ID 

Unfortunately, the list of positions doesn't include anything for DMs or WBs. I thought it was working for DMs but it assigns the position randomly and I guess I just got lucky with the first two guys i checked.

You lose control over attributes, and since the game just randomizes everything it's a bit annoying to see slow Kyle Walker or one-dimensional target man Daniel Sturridge. And they have regen faces. But the big upside of this is that they come up through the regen intakes naturally. You can't just buy them all in the first year, and you don't have 10 year olds in your U18s for years.

image.png.c29c8389fa0e64b65ccecbbfb005da92.pngimage.png.5514d2dcc59c091efb7c432cd8e3e70d.pngimage.png.9619d028e7ca49a1b091c5c84530d429.png

image.thumb.png.7116619eb027766dec4febfb1b335480.png 

tips i can think of: it doesn't have a field for second nationalities, but for most countries it'll assign the "based nation" nationality pretty quickly, so if you make Gundogan Turkish instead of German, he'll probably pick up the German soon. And it also doesn't accept potential values of -85, -95 etc. I think those were put in the game after they stopped paying any attention to this. But -8, -9, -10, any fixed value, all fine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wJmj8eTDikK7Vf4qq96QTv7CSh2Nwvfe/ - support_staff.edt

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y-xRfFgWcxys9oBt7H6mTtOP4RcXDtUa/ - excel sheet, so you don't have to type the dumb syntax every time

Edited by Ruh Roh

I think the system they use in the other mod is that of future transfers. that is, they say that kroos, for example, was born on date x and will join bayern in 2005, for example, putting a ca of 30 whatever it is and a pa of 175 for example. You put the attributes as fm 20 or 18 or 17 or whatever, but when you put ca 30 or 20 or 15, the attributes decrease, but when it improves with age, it will get closer to the real attributes that it had in fm 18 19 o 20 or whichever is chosen. not using regens. you understand me?

it's somewhat annoying that the attributes are random, and seeing how you say slow walker. The way they do it in the other DB, they do select the attributes, and they are not random, the drawback is what you say, wonderkids with 10 years in the sub-18 team but I think it's better this way, for attributes. Obviously, you do the DB as you want which is why it is yours. It's just a suggestion. Great job. thanks

On 20/01/2021 at 11:10, Cavenaghi99 said:

Hi bro...may i ask how could we load the database from the beginning ?? As i get 3 files but the game not allowing to load them while the 3 are selected.

Tell me is there something to do exactly ???

thanks for the amazing work

I haven't ever had that problem with the egypt/japan/mls files. I checked to make sure I didn't upload the files from fm20 or something dumb like that.

You select the big database (2003-04 FM21 Database), 0304 Japan Rules, 0304 Egypt Rules and 0304 mls adv for a total of four files. There's a tiny load, then it takes you to the select screen with the new countries. Are you getting the red triangles on this screen, where it has the wrong numbers of teams in the league?

image.thumb.png.2bc02d4255fa7db02f1df5cc85822604.png

Just show me a screenshot of where it's going wrong. The load time to start a new game (about three hours) totally sucks but again it's not frozen, you just have to ignore it and let it work.

On 12/01/2021 at 22:32, Ruh Roh said:

There's something left over in the game that I don't think people have been using at all in the last five years except to deal with the licensing stuff. .edt files, for me they go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2021\data\database\db\2111\edt . The game already loads in support_staff.edt but I don't care if Leeds's kit man or whatever has the right name, I just work in that file.

One of the commands is DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN, which allows you to set a lot of stuff, most importantly starting CA (depending on country, usually regens come in around 15-16), PA, position and starting club.

First Name    Common Name    Last Name    Birth date(dd/mm/yyyy)    Nation (first nationality)    Favourite Team    Ethnicity    Skin Tone    Hair Color    Height (cm)    Weight (kg)    Preferred foot    Preferred position    Favorite number    Birth city    CA    PA    Club ID 

Unfortunately, the list of positions doesn't include anything for DMs or WBs. I thought it was working for DMs but it assigns the position randomly and I guess I just got lucky with the first two guys i checked.

You lose control over attributes, and since the game just randomizes everything it's a bit annoying to see slow Kyle Walker or one-dimensional target man Daniel Sturridge. And they have regen faces. But the big upside of this is that they come up through the regen intakes naturally. You can't just buy them all in the first year, and you don't have 10 year olds in your U18s for years.

image.png.c29c8389fa0e64b65ccecbbfb005da92.pngimage.png.5514d2dcc59c091efb7c432cd8e3e70d.pngimage.png.9619d028e7ca49a1b091c5c84530d429.png

tips i can think of: it doesn't have a field for second nationalities, but for most countries it'll assign the "based nation" nationality pretty quickly, so if you make Gundogan Turkish instead of German, he'll probably pick up the German soon. And it also doesn't accept potential values of -85, -95 etc. I think those were put in the game after they stopped paying any attention to this. But -8, -9, -10, any fixed value, all fine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wJmj8eTDikK7Vf4qq96QTv7CSh2Nwvfe/ - support_staff.edt

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y-xRfFgWcxys9oBt7H6mTtOP4RcXDtUa/ - excel sheet, so you don't have to type the dumb syntax every time

En los mensajes que te he puesto en ingles, no se si me he expresado bien, ya que he usado el traductor. Si te puedo ayudar con algo me dices, no tengo aún el FM 21, pero si necesitas añadir jugadores corregir PA CA, dímelo, y cojo de referencia la base de datos que tu has hecho para el FM 20. 

Trabajo espectacular. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/01/2021 at 21:32, Ruh Roh said:

Does this still work on the new patch? Can't seem to get it working

15 hours ago, TRFC23 said:

Does this still work on the new patch? Can't seem to get it working

Did you get it working before the patch? Because looking at it, I messed the syntax up, put too many quotation marks in. Both in the edt file and in the xml. I'm a total klutz with keeping old versions of stuff around and uploading them, I do it all the time. I started a new save after the patch and I still got the first few players to come through the regen classes, it reads the db and all this kind of stuff from the 2111 folders and not the 2130.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17B0A--GF2f9alBZFG06QGSxevPYtXuKi/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HLB3t-6TWuQCXRUljFg4Ba1xdlvWQtM0/view?usp=sharing

As for the file itself, I'm putting Serie C in, which was a very dumb idea in terms of workload compared to how much anyone will ever use it, but it should be done in about a week or two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey lads, I've been working on the database, I think since the last update I've added Austrian Bundesliga, Italian Serie C, English Conference National, Australian National Soccer League and Polish Ekstraklasa.

New day one save with all leagues, 43 or 44 off the top of my head: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hGMxtwIH0bzL6hIkNbs53T9uhXvjXmBq/

New giant pile of player pictures: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t2dFWPicv12OWmiZ9pRCury7wyiHydph/

I'm an utter bozo in the advanced rules so the Australian league doesn't designate a champion somehow (?), gotta fix that eventually, everything else should be fine. Normal caveats about load time, how hard it is to playtest things etc when it takes 3-4 hours just to get into a save are still there. I tried to copy paste most of those Polish names but I'm sure there's a few I spelled wrong anyway. In some leagues like Poland the AI floods the zone with transfers of foreign players pretty quickly; in others like Austria they barely bring anyone over to the league no matter what I tell them to do in the transfer preferences, but that's gotta be tied to some hardcoded/innate behavior.

On 28/03/2021 at 15:40, Bolek11d said:

Hi, someone can could send a save with active major leagues and Polish league?

I'll try to make a smaller save with poland today/tomorrow

EDIT: smaller save up at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YZ6qNJcnBBSDxQ5KVPLHQEjJQoElwPXJ/

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Ruh Roh

On 06/04/2021 at 00:38, Ruh Roh said:

Hey lads, I've been working on the database, I think since the last update I've added Austrian Bundesliga, Italian Serie C, English Conference National, Australian National Soccer League and Polish Ekstraklasa.

New day one save with all leagues, 43 or 44 off the top of my head: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hGMxtwIH0bzL6hIkNbs53T9uhXvjXmBq/

New giant pile of player pictures: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t2dFWPicv12OWmiZ9pRCury7wyiHydph/

I'm an utter bozo in the advanced rules so the Australian league doesn't designate a champion somehow (?), gotta fix that eventually, everything else should be fine. Normal caveats about load time, how hard it is to playtest things etc when it takes 3-4 hours just to get into a save are still there. I tried to copy paste most of those Polish names but I'm sure there's a few I spelled wrong anyway. In some leagues like Poland the AI floods the zone with transfers of foreign players pretty quickly; in others like Austria they barely bring anyone over to the league no matter what I tell them to do in the transfer preferences, but that's gotta be tied to some hardcoded/innate behavior.

I'll try to make a smaller save with poland today/tomorrow

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thanks for the day 1 save. Will give it a try. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finished up Colombia, I'm probably gonna upload it tomorrow since there's two faustino asprillas hanging around in parallel universes (well, colombia/argentina) unaware of each other's existence. Israel next.

edit: Newest save with colombia up at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hFjwXkOirlRMbTpFOoF2s8K-6G8fDRwd

Edited by Ruh Roh

On 19/04/2021 at 05:50, valve said:

Why does the Polish league have 18 teams? In 2003/04, it had 14.

The game will only load Poland if I put so many teams in it, otherwise it gets the red exclamation point thing at startup. I would need to make a new advanced rules file for every country like this, change up all the formats, probably turn off all the failsafes/verification stuff, and hope I don't do something stupid that crashes the game. It takes 3 hours+ to create a new savegame file, so that's three hours + the time to holiday a few seasons if I want to playtest something. It's just a ton of work I don't want to do lol. At least with all the player data entry I can mostly zone out and turn my brain off.

But I don't think it's an impossible project for someone who's better at advanced rules than I am/is able to deal with the awful load/wait times of the big file in the editor.

Just finished adding the stuff for Israel.

New save game with israel and colombia https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HXshFh3_SMNmuv5f5NRF15InWR7Dg87g
Player pics with israel and colombia : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d5aaEHJvF-d4xvitU0iLFcnmVQEHU8-o

@CR#7

On 27/04/2021 at 05:54, saihtam said:

Wow really amazing thing. Do someone have few years save game into the game and how the current players are popping in as regens? Might bring back my interest to FM21

Yeah no problem, my holiday save is in 2025, you can peek around no problem. I threw the Czech league in too lol.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13tfj2raI-YKEuT4-48S1PGc9hfkV1yuQ/

With the detailed_future_regen thing, it can only set so many details, so if it actually gets someone's attribute profile right it's just blind luck. I wish there were templates for wingbacks and defensive midfielders, the FBs are usually too defensive and the CMs are usually too attacking. I also didn't go crazy with it, like there's only 75 people or so in there. But it's a good, underrated tool if you're chill about its limitations.

image.png.e8591e77e9513b486e6f67a7847e412a.pngimage.png.7bd1db380ecbd1f1e1b1ca9d8bddf678.png

image.png

Edited by Ruh Roh

6 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

Yeah no problem, my holiday save is in 2025, you can peek around no problem. I threw the Czech league in too lol.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13tfj2raI-YKEuT4-48S1PGc9hfkV1yuQ/

With the detailed_future_regen thing, it can only set so many details, so if it actually gets someone's attribute profile right it's just blind luck. I wish there were templates for wingbacks and defensive midfielders, the FBs are usually too defensive and the CMs are usually too attacking. I also didn't go crazy with it, like there's only 75 people or so in there. But it's a good, underrated tool if you're chill about its limitations.

Nice thanks. Will take a look.
I dont mind if the stats differ. It will be interesting to see their careers to pan out differently. I am suprised that this way has not been used before when making these old DBs. Amazing work.

Are there any plans to update more leagues or players?
Also have u changed PA of younger players that grew into better players in future that where not assigned so well in CM 03?

Also is that first post googledrive save the latest with all leagues that are possible to have correct?  Planning to start a save.

Edited by saihtam

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/04/2021 at 05:00, saihtam said:

Nice thanks. Will take a look.
I dont mind if the stats differ. It will be interesting to see their careers to pan out differently. I am suprised that this way has not been used before when making these old DBs. Amazing work.

Are there any plans to update more leagues or players?
Also have u changed PA of younger players that grew into better players in future that where not assigned so well in CM 03?

Also is that first post googledrive save the latest with all leagues that are possible to have correct?  Planning to start a save.

Sorry for never replying, I'm a flake. But I got South Africa and Finland done! All of the saves I post should have all of the filled-out leagues. I know that most people can't run 49 leagues, but at some point this became a game in itself to see how much of the database I can fill up.

It's a pretty total upheaval of the original CM03-04 data, so there shouldn't be any top-level international players with 100 PA just because that's what the original data set them as. But the other way around, like the Freddy Adus and Cherno Sambas of the world, they will have the higher values that were predicted for them.

Most recent save with south africa and finland: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ot7dAJIRNtEhZXBrPh0auFCPA3Etk1NO/

Player pictures : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t2dFWPicv12OWmiZ9pRCury7wyiHydph/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Because this file is so big, it takes so long to load, and it slows the editor down so much, I've had a hard time making changes in it that weren't just adding players in a new file + merging it into the big guy. If I see an obvious mistake (player on the wrong club, player with an accidental 1 or 20 for an attribute because I made a typo) I can just fix it in the big file when I get around to it, but filling in all of a player's attributes is almost impossible. It takes too long. This is probably why I got into adding so many leagues, even smaller ones, because it was the only way I thought I could work on the file. But the workaround for making changes to the player entries is really easy. I hope that people working on retro DBs/other projects that create these kinds of unmanageable files read this, even if it's like 2 years from now.

I have an old version of the file that was exported + converted to XML format, it's like a gigabyte but it loads fine in notepad. The XML is just a list of the database changes in chronological order. I've done some mass editing for birth years and contract expiration dates, but I really don't know any of the syntax. The editor creates its "random IDs" when you create a new database entry (player, stadium etc) and the really cool thing is that no matter what file you're working in, once it creates that random ID, that ID is tied to that database entry. The random IDs are a separate long number and not the long 20000...number you see in skinning.

So let's say I want to make a lot of changes to my Croatian league players in this file. I used the data from CM03-04, but it left a lot of Croatian players' attributes blank. And like even the much better current research probably does, it missed out on a lot of players who had a big breakout in the Croatian league in this year or the next year and set them as generic reserve players with very low CA.

If I sort the players by unique ID, I can find out where I put the Croats - they're right after the Spanish second division players. I want to isolate out the Croats so I can work on their attributes in a smaller, quicker file, and merge the changes into the big file later. If I go into the gigabyte XML file and search for the last Spanish player Jesus Unanua, I can find him pretty easily.

image.thumb.png.5c0f89dd8e58c0f83469470327d54ceb.png

The last name Unanua is the third <record></record> entry connected to that player; if I scroll up I see the first name Jesus, then I see the "add new player" entry connected to his random ID. I will include the Spanish player Unanua because there might have been Croatian players on real UIDs that I added before I added Jasmin Agic, but I will delete everything before Unanua to the <list id="db_changes">

image.png.82839f281c1f53350c37e96ba324d31b.png

and do the same thing with the Belgian league player after the last Croat. Sup Domagoj Vida

image.thumb.png.efeb9681bd255d701b4a30ae5ce2714a.png

up to here at the end of the xml.
image.png.ceebcc6194e2cd8b8b1775d93c86d431.png

If I save this in the editor data folder as croats.xml and import it into the editor, I can work on it and make changes as usual. When I'm done adding attributes to the Croatian league players who need attributes with whatever later FM game I have (search filter recommended current ability = 0 helps) and making whatever tweaks I want to make, I can export the Croatian league file to XML and delete everything up to the point where I started making my new attribute changes. Apparently this is line 231686.

image.png.5667a69d8b7a52c1320cdefbeb0faa67.png

From there, import this final .xml file into the editor and save it as a .fmf. If you look around in this .fmf file, you might be a little scared because it's almost all failed database changes. These are changes to new unique IDs without the action to create the database entry, so the game thinks they're all dead links. But when you load up the giant slow file, and you merge editor data with this final .fmf, it'll work perfectly. Two puzzle pieces, because the Unique IDs for new database entries stay the same no matter what file you're working on.

So it's a ton of steps, which is why I was terrified to write this thing out, but all of the steps are very very easy. I used this method to make the French and English leagues a little more true to life (hopefully), especially Ligue 2 and the Championship, and I'm kind of slowly moving down the list. I was also able to find a lot of players with blank or close to blank player attribute profiles - Cicinho, Julio Cesar, most of the big Russian league players, most of the big Turkish league players - and fill them out. Oh yeah, I added the Uruguayan league a while ago too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WUfo7hiDHKYjCrSdmjoMGdTKFbGQguV2/

Edited by Ruh Roh

• 1 month later...
On 20/06/2021 at 22:34, Ruh Roh said:

Because this file is so big, it takes so long to load, and it slows the editor down so much, I've had a hard time making changes in it that weren't just adding players in a new file + merging it into the big guy. If I see an obvious mistake (player on the wrong club, player with an accidental 1 or 20 for an attribute because I made a typo) I can just fix it in the big file when I get around to it, but filling in all of a player's attributes is almost impossible. It takes too long. This is probably why I got into adding so many leagues, even smaller ones, because it was the only way I thought I could work on the file. But the workaround for making changes to the player entries is really easy. I hope that people working on retro DBs/other projects that create these kinds of unmanageable files read this, even if it's like 2 years from now.

I have an old version of the file that was exported + converted to XML format, it's like a gigabyte but it loads fine in notepad. The XML is just a list of the database changes in chronological order. I've done some mass editing for birth years and contract expiration dates, but I really don't know any of the syntax. The editor creates its "random IDs" when you create a new database entry (player, stadium etc) and the really cool thing is that no matter what file you're working in, once it creates that random ID, that ID is tied to that database entry. The random IDs are a separate long number and not the long 20000...number you see in skinning.

So let's say I want to make a lot of changes to my Croatian league players in this file. I used the data from CM03-04, but it left a lot of Croatian players' attributes blank. And like even the much better current research probably does, it missed out on a lot of players who had a big breakout in the Croatian league in this year or the next year and set them as generic reserve players with very low CA.

If I sort the players by unique ID, I can find out where I put the Croats - they're right after the Spanish second division players. I want to isolate out the Croats so I can work on their attributes in a smaller, quicker file, and merge the changes into the big file later. If I go into the gigabyte XML file and search for the last Spanish player Jesus Unanua, I can find him pretty easily.

The last name Unanua is the third <record></record> entry connected to that player; if I scroll up I see the first name Jesus, then I see the "add new player" entry connected to his random ID. I will include the Spanish player Unanua because there might have been Croatian players on real UIDs that I added before I added Jasmin Agic, but I will delete everything before Unanua to the <list id="db_changes">

and do the same thing with the Belgian league player after the last Croat. Sup Domagoj Vida

If I save this in the editor data folder as croats.xml and import it into the editor, I can work on it and make changes as usual. When I'm done adding attributes to the Croatian league players who need attributes with whatever later FM game I have (search filter recommended current ability = 0 helps) and making whatever tweaks I want to make, I can export the Croatian league file to XML and delete everything up to the point where I started making my new attribute changes. Apparently this is line 231686.

From there, import this final .xml file into the editor and save it as a .fmf. If you look around in this .fmf file, you might be a little scared because it's almost all failed database changes. These are changes to new unique IDs without the action to create the database entry, so the game thinks they're all dead links. But when you load up the giant slow file, and you merge editor data with this final .fmf, it'll work perfectly. Two puzzle pieces, because the Unique IDs for new database entries stay the same no matter what file you're working on.

So it's a ton of steps, which is why I was terrified to write this thing out, but all of the steps are very very easy. I used this method to make the French and English leagues a little more true to life (hopefully), especially Ligue 2 and the Championship, and I'm kind of slowly moving down the list. I was also able to find a lot of players with blank or close to blank player attribute profiles - Cicinho, Julio Cesar, most of the big Russian league players, most of the big Turkish league players - and fill them out. Oh yeah, I added the Uruguayan league a while ago too.

Thanks alot mate for all of your work,,,,FM is defenitly better with your DB as always :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/06/2021 at 22:34, Ruh Roh said:

Hi mate just want to add that there are 2 players in the database with no names one player is in all boys (Argentina) the other is a free english player... plus there are wrong faces like desailly and raul meireles

Edited by Cavenaghi99

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I know I'm super late but is it possible to have a working .fmf file (with the spanish league) or a save file without attribute masking. I never played with attribute masking and find it super annoying.

Thanks for all the great work. The DB is amazing!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2021 at 12:47, Biquet said:

Hi,

I know I'm super late but is it possible to have a working .fmf file (with the spanish league) or a save file without attribute masking. I never played with attribute masking and find it super annoying.

Thanks for all the great work. The DB is amazing!!

Hey, I'm getting back to everything late. The latest version of the .fmf (editor data file) is here . If you want Spain to run, download the bonus FMFs too. I wanted to make a version of the save without attribute masking just so I could more easily find the "funny 20s" (players with a typo in their attributes), without having to use the interface of fm genie scout or whichever one it was. But I never got around to it.

I've been busy with IRL stuff but I'll get a version of this out for FM22. I already deleted the new FM22 players and remade the deleted 0304 players, which is the hardest task every year. Few odd jobs left (removing club history entries, removing new stuff like Newcastle's sugar daddy, probably shoving the Spanish clubs into the new format since I don't want to deal with the extra file again), plus I have to wait on SI to fix a bug with the added player entries. When they fix that I'll probably get it done in like a week. The start time for a new save looks much more manageable in FM22 (2-3 hours instead of 6-7), but maybe it won't be after they fix the bug, I don't know for sure.

Edited by Ruh Roh

On 28/11/2021 at 17:06, Ruh Roh said:

Hey, I'm getting back to everything late. The latest version of the .fmf (editor data file) is here . If you want Spain to run, download the bonus FMFs too. I wanted to make a version of the save without attribute masking just so I could more easily find the "funny 20s" (players with a typo in their attributes), without having to use the interface of fm genie scout or whichever one it was. But I never got around to it.

I've been busy with IRL stuff but I'll get a version of this out for FM22. I already deleted the new FM22 players and remade the deleted 0304 players, which is the hardest task every year. Few odd jobs left (removing club history entries, removing new stuff like Newcastle's sugar daddy, probably shoving the Spanish clubs into the new format since I don't want to deal with the extra file again), plus I have to wait on SI to fix a bug with the added player entries. When they fix that I'll probably get it done in like a week. The start time for a new save looks much more manageable in FM22 (2-3 hours instead of 6-7), but maybe it won't be after they fix the bug, I don't know for sure.

Good to hear you're working on it for FM22 too, thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2021 at 18:06, Ruh Roh said:

Seriously, don't you dare apologize for getting back at me "late". I've been massively enjoying your work for free for the last weeks. It's an incredible achievement.

Thanks for everything man!